New SR5 PACKS

• 29 Replies

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« on: <04-11-15/0430:46> »
The Secret Stash
(26,000¥ + 3 Karma / 16 karma) (12F)

The secret stash is where you go when your main house and your usual safehouse is blown.  This is a place you tell none of your teammates about.  The guy who works there (the accompanying contact) knows you by the name on the fake ID tucked inside the jacket pocket, and probably doesn't know enough to recognize you from Adam otherwise.  With transportation, armor, identification, and weaponry taken care of, you can get back on the road in order to wreak vengeance on those who have screwed you over.  Good luck, chummer.

Suzuki Mirage racing bike (8,500¥)Ares Predator V (725¥) w/ 4 clips (60 rounds) regular ammo (140¥) and a concealable, quick-draw holster (325¥)
Helmet (eq. to Urban Explorer) w/ image link and sound link (125¥)Flash-Bang and Frag Grenades, 1 each (200¥)
Mapsoft (city streets, 100¥)Armored Jacket (1,000¥)
3 Months Squatter Lifestyle prepaid (3 x 500¥ for 1500¥ total - typically 'not a home', but can be)Meta Link commlink (100¥) and 2 cheap burner commlinks (20¥ each)
Spare Cash, additional weapon, clothing, etc. (1665¥)Rating 4 Fake SIN (10,000¥) w/ Rating 4 licenses (vehicle, pistol possession & concealed-carry: +1600¥)

Contact (Site Clerk, C1/L2)      
     The site clerk may work for a U-STOR-IT, an airport-area coffin hotel, or a D-neighborhood apartment complex; what he does is mostly keep the place (relatively) clean of both kinds of trash, hitting the PanicButton if he's threatened and making sure the rooms are empty before they're rented again.  For occasional bribes and a friendly smile, he's willing to look the other way while you store your Highly Illegal Crap inside your unit at his location ... and even shoot you a message if the cops come sniffing around.      
« Last Edit: <04-11-15/0621:50> by The Wyrm Ouroboros »
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Ursus Maior

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <04-11-15/0552:29> »
Love it!

How would you handle pre-paid lifestyles in game? Specifically the part that covers food and other consumables? Would that be a pre-set place simply wating for you to show up? Who lives there, before you "bug-out"?
Liber et infractus

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-11-15/0620:27> »
Nobody lives there; you lose the 'consumables' portion each month, sorry.  I think 3E did lifestyle variants in general better than 5E; for my home game, I'll probably continue to use my fashion and lifestyle rules, the latter modified from 3e with 4e (and, eventually, 5e) tweaks so that you can get what you're looking for - or what the GM says is available.  ("What, ghouls in the closet again??")  IMO, one should not need to pay a base of 5000¥ monthly for the Middle lifestyle privilege of having a 5'x10' U-STOR-IT to put a frickin' motorcycle into.  At most, the unit should cost 100¥ or so, providing for nothing besides the space itself, except maybe the area it's set in - a storage unit in a building in Renton (AA security) is going to be more expensive (say, 135¥) than one in a D-zone (28¥).

... huh.  I should've included clothing.  *goes back to edit*
Pananagutan & End/Line

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <06-17-15/2132:35> »
So why a place to live?
Couldn't you just put it with a low rating SIN on a cheap link and a linked bank account to buy yourself a doss?
Unless you assume you'll get your main fake SIN back, or keep it, in which case, there'll be plenty of money on whatever secondaries you have with the shadow bank of your choice.
Can't run without a SIN, anyways.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <06-18-15/0035:04> »
Uh ... it isn't typically a place to live.  It's the 5' x 10' U-Stor-It where you keep the gear.  It's the 'rent' for keeping the gear in the basement/garage of that contact's place.

Other than the first question, though, I'm not sure I understand your statement.  Are you wondering why a) there's a 'lifestyle' selected at all, and why not just throw a R1 or R2 fake sin in there along with some cash to purchase a lifestyle?  Well, this first assumes (as one always should) that your primary fake running SIN is blown.  It secondly operates on the conclusion that a low-rating SIN is virtual suicide; a 4 is what is functionally necessary to move around in society without getting into shootouts with the cops once per linear mile.  Third, it operates on the belief that if you have a bunch of stuff, you need to keep it somewhere; that's why the 'Squatter' lifestyle, even though it may not really be such (storeroom of the contact's bar, their basement, the compartment at the U-STOR-IT, whatever.  Fourth and Last, that's why the L4 SIN is in there, which it doesn't quite seem you noticed.
Pananagutan & End/Line

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <06-18-15/0515:09> »
You're right, I didn't.
So then you could just have 10k on an account and be good to go, no?
Of course, this is really favourful, so I wouldn't complain.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <06-18-15/0733:59> »
10k on an account?  To do what, buy the Fake ID?  On what account?  With whom?  Certified credsticks?  If you buy NOW, then you don't need to go through the rigamarole of hunting down and buying it THEN.  Who knows what might have happened, you know?  Maybe you got burned, and nobody is talking to you - the guy you'd get a fake ID from says he won't touch you with a hundred-meter commlink code.  Or maybe you got betrayed, and you don't know who betrayed you, and the guy you'd get a fake ID from might be the guy who did it.

This is a stash, meant for you to be able to show up, grab your crap, and either scram or get to work.  If you want to eliminate the SIN - the one thing that would enable you to do that, the one and only thing the absence of which would be guaranteed to prevent just that - hey, go ahead.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <06-18-15/0813:01> »
If the intent was to use this as a "get the hell out of dodge" kit, you could replace the Suzuki Mirage (8,500¥) with a Dodge Scoot (3,000¥) and save 5,500¥. After all, "no self-respecting shadowrunner would be caught dead on one" :D

Nice piece of kit.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <06-19-15/0026:46> »
Well, the use varies on what the need is - but with at least one of the needs potentially being 'get to work', a Scoot becomes of dubious value, especially if there are people still liable to be shooting at you.  I don't disagree, please understand - I've used that sort of thing myself - but sometimes your best chance is to run, fast and hard.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <06-24-15/0601:36> »
Actually bolt holes only cost money when in use see the last paragraph in run faster on page 216 and running onto 217 . . .

Living the Bolt Hole lifestyle is not pretty. A bolt hole is a space away from everything (people, grid, entertainment), and most often you’re stuck in it for a while
because you need to stay out of sight. Add 4 to the threshold of any test involving someone trying to track a character who is living la vida Bolt Hole. In the Entertainment category, assets can be bought for a Bolt Hole, but not services or outings (see p. 219).Bolt holes only have a monthly cost when used. The character pays for the whole month, even if he used it for a day, or even just a few hours (though if you only need to hide for a few hours, use a no-tell motel already).

So you can throw say 2,500 for your low lifestyle ustore it bolt hole for a month and it'll just sit there quietly until such a time as you actually move in and start needing to pay ongoing costs if I understand this right.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <06-24-15/0611:06> »
Senko
I think the purpose here is that the store-it actually does hold your stuff. You're not using it to live in, you're paying rent for storage for your stuff.

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <06-24-15/1730:52> »
Possibly just one of those Gray areas I guess it could be read that you need to pay for gear hmm.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <06-24-15/2240:04> »
*shrugs*  Herr Brackhaus is correct.  This is not a bolt-hole or safehouse; this is a place to store your stuff.  If you break things down as per Run Faster, remove the food (or whatever - Necessities?) portion of it until you need it.  Of course, if you go that way, then you need to alter it for a garage, etc., and the Run Faster rules for that suck eggs.  Therefore ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <06-25-15/0224:47> »
I see one of those terns affects the situation deals then.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <06-25-15/0745:46> »
... does not compute.  I'm sorry, can you rephrase that for clarity?
Pananagutan & End/Line