NEWS

[Resource] [Gear] Advanced firefighting gear from Saeder-Krupp

• 6 Replies

BRodda

• Newb
  • I create stupid useless things.
« on: <01-08-15/1231:48> »
Saeder-Krupp Heavy Industries Advanced Firefighting Suit.

With today’s high-rises and dense industrial complexes there arises a need for advance firefighting equipment Saeder-Krupp is pleased to announce is new line of fire fighting gear to meet the needs of municipal and corporate fire safety needs.

The SK-AFS is a fully contained suit of “armor” designed to help extinguish fires in dangerous situations such as; manufacturing facilities, research labs, residential high rises and other places more conventional firefighting methods will are not able to reach or pose a high risk to the firefighters. The suit is fully contained and provides all the communications, sensors and protection needs of the firefighter.

Cost: 30,000 ¥
Stats:
Armor:12 (with helmet)
Features: Custom Fit, Gear Access, Restrictive, Environmentally sealed,Increase Social Limit by 2 in emergency situations
Wireless Bonus: +1 dice pool bonus to Social Tests to calm or pacify an individual at the site of an
emergency.
Notes: This is hardened armor and is treated like the Hardened Armor critter power.

Upgrades:
Chemical Protection: 2
Internal air tank (2 hour air supply)
Fire Resistance: 6
Biomonitor
Environmental Adaptation: Heat

Helmet:
Commlink : 4
Audio System
        Audio Enhancement: 2
Vision:
   Imagelink/HUD
        Flare Compensation
        Ultrasound sensor
        Thermal Vision

Availability: 14F

Saeder-Krupp Heavy Industries Fire-Retardant Foam Spraying Unit and Fire-Retardant Expanding Foam

The SK-FFSU is a backpack sized unit (similar in size and shape to a flame thrower) that is able to deliver the special Saeder-Krupp Fire-Retardant Expanding Foam. The foam and propellant are contained in an easily swapped out canister that can be ejected and replaced without the wearer removing the unit. The canister can also be tossed and remotely detonated like a grenade, delivering all the remaining foam in a single burst. The nozzle can be choked to adjust from concentrated burst to wide angle delivery with a simple AR command or manually. Each canister contains enough foam to cover 100 square meters with each shot able to cover a maximum of 5 square meters.

The Saeder-Krupp Fire-Retardant Expanding Foam has several unique properties making it the perfect choice for your fire prevention needs. The foam is completely non-toxic and is safe to use around Meta-humans, animals and plants (Note: some spirits may react badly to the foam so please do not use it in the presence of fire based creatures of magic). The foam is also non-conductive and inert so it is safe to use around high voltage equipment and hazardous chemicals. As an additional feature the foam harmlessly breaks down into inert gasses when exposed to intense UV light. This exponentially speeds up its removal and allows your facility to return to active use in the fraction of the time of conventional foams.
CAUTION: SK-FREF can cause surfaces to become extremely slippery when coated.

SK-FFSU
(Requires Exotic Weapon Skill: Flamethrower or Foam Thrower or Professional Skill: Firefighting)
Cost: 2,500 ¥
Stats:
Damage: 1S (5P to Fire Spirits or other creatures made of fire)
AP: 0 (Ignores ItNW)
Mode: SS
Ammo: 20
Range: 10 Meters
Size: Weight is20Kg. Backpack is 30cm wide by 70cm tall. Hose length is 1M. Edit
Availability: 10
Notes: Takes 2 Complex actions to change out a canister when worn. 1 complex action for someone not wearing the unit.

SK-FREF Canister

Cost: 50 ¥
Stats:
Damage: (STR-2)S as a thrown object
Range: ½ throwing distance due to weight
Size: 8kg, 10cm wide by 30cm tall canister.
Availability: 5
Note: When detonated as a foam bomb it will cover 5 square meters in foam for each shot left in the canister. Anyone moving through this area faster than ½ walking rate will need to make a Reaction + Athletics check. Any fire spirits in the detonation area will take [(Shots remaining/4)-Meters from canister] in damage that ignores ItNW.
« Last Edit: <01-08-15/1423:33> by BRodda »

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-08-15/1420:12> »
perhaps you could add in some of the social bonuses from the firefighter armor in run and gun? Seems like you might need them not to scare the drek out of the people you are trying to save

RG P69
BUNKER GEAR
Features: Increase Social Limit by 2 in emergency situations, Fire Resistance 8, Restrictive
Wireless Bonus: +1 dice pool bonus to Social Tests to calm or pacify an individual at the site of an
emergency.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

BRodda

• Newb
  • I create stupid useless things.
« Reply #2 on: <01-08-15/1424:04> »
perhaps you could add in some of the social bonuses from the firefighter armor in run and gun? Seems like you might need them not to scare the drek out of the people you are trying to save

Added.

Thank you. Looked right past that section.

Dropship

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <02-14-15/0800:09> »
I know the interal air tank has rules in the Core book - and it's far from the first time realism has been forsaken for gameplay - but it's just caused me to realise that a 2 hour air supply would need a 17.4L tank to hold it. A rating 3 internal tank would be just over 25L. :o

Not sure how useful ultrasound would be, fireys tend to make a lot of noise. The rumble of a fully charged hose would cancel out many of the benefits would it not?

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #4 on: <02-14-15/1206:57> »
There are experiments and research going on now on ultrasound in fire fighting. Thermography is the latest advance that I am aware of, and something like this is on drawing boards right now.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

Dropship

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <02-14-15/1609:46> »
That makes sense then, I wasn't aware that was being worked on.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #6 on: <02-17-15/0512:25> »
Also remember that ultrasound isn't blasting sound; it's using specific frequencies, coded pulses, and listening for those particular echoes.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.