• Omae
« Reply #240 on: <10-14-16/0915:35> »
A large skype chat.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #241 on: <10-14-16/0947:02> »
Ah. Yeah, no place I would have been.... ;)
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

&#24525;

« Reply #242 on: <11-08-16/1709:45> »
Could someone explain to me what exactly happens now to Pixies please? They just poof when they die? I'm somewhat confused.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #243 on: <11-08-16/1742:43> »
Correct, Pixies "Vanish" when they die. Upon death theor body disappears leaving no trace (physical or astral) of their existence.

This is the same as it was in previous editions.

Quatar

• Omae
« Reply #244 on: <11-14-16/0116:45> »
I think the Vanishing power needs some additional clarification. Something like "If it's triggered by a certain condition or event, like their death, the critter can not willingly activate it outside of these conditions."

Just to make sure people won't try to misinterpret it again. "Oh yes, sure, they vanish on their death automatically, but it doesn't say, they can't just vanish whenever they want!" Especially considering that it's marked as a Free Action, so people would try to use it.

Maybe "Action: special" would be better too? Since it's not a Free action on death (a dead creature can't take any action anymore) it just happens automatically.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #245 on: <11-14-16/0210:21> »
Usually an ability/critter power that has something listed in parenthesis after it is referring to a restriction of some sort, like how several creatures have "Concealment (Self Only)" or the Basilisk has Vulnerability (Own Gaze).

If we wanted to make the Pixie ability "clearer" it could be as easy as changing it to "Vanishing (Only Upon Death)" to indicate that it is restricted to only that condition.

Personally, I don't think it really needs it, but as Quatar pointed out, it can potentially be misunderstood as being an additional trigger instead of a restriction.

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #246 on: <12-06-16/1001:17> »
Was there ever a fix of the shifter table on pg 105? Looked like a column shift mistake. I remember something being talked about but can't find a fix.

&#24525;

« Reply #247 on: <12-06-16/1208:11> »
Not on the official errata, However they have an Edge of 1/5 and a Base Magic 1. I think their natural max magic is also five.

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #248 on: <12-06-16/1219:56> »
I don't know why their natural magic max would be different than their essence, same as everyone else. This is what I'm talking about. Table is obviously wrong, but right answers are t obvious. Let's fix it.

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #249 on: <12-14-16/2250:18> »
Anybody?  Anyone know the answer?

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #250 on: <12-14-16/2351:03> »
I remember some HEATED discussions about that table....

And I remember HEATED discussions ovee the max magic thing...

In the end, think its still 5 max magic. (Not changed in the errata that Patrick is working on yet).

As to the reason? No idea. Game balance is the first thing that jumps to mind
« Last Edit: <12-15-16/0011:12> by Reaver »
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #251 on: <12-15-16/0047:44> »
From the way the chart is formatted, and comparing it to the chart for the other metasapients, it looks like the table for Shifters is missing the EDGE header, and all the column labels are off by one because of it. Possibly because of a last minute decision to make all Shifters have a set Edge max rather than based on animal type.

If you compare the charts, the other Metasapients list MAG as just the flat 1, like you see in the "INIT" column. An Initiative of 1 doesn't make sense either, and the Initiative Dice doesn't have a label.

Personally, I read it as the column after Charisma being Edge, then Magic has a default value of 1. Only way it really makes sense... I was really hoping that would be one of the things fixed quickly when they started releasing the fixes like adding the Regeneration back in.

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #252 on: <12-15-16/1007:04> »
Their edge is definitely supposed to be less than normal. That seems the most common balance for "specialness" (humans not being special but are very lucky). The fact edge is stated outright in a paragraph and then seemingly given different versions of it in the table is poor, but sorta typical catalyst goof.

I really would think their magic would start at one and could be bought up to essence + initation. Same as infected, but of course infected either have reduced essence or its variable.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #253 on: <12-15-16/1026:06> »
Their edge is definitely supposed to be less than normal. That seems the most common balance for "specialness" (humans not being special but are very lucky). The fact edge is stated outright in a paragraph and then seemingly given different versions of it in the table is poor, but sorta typical catalyst goof.

I really would think their magic would start at one and could be bought up to essence + initation. Same as infected, but of course infected either have reduced essence or its variable.
That would make sense, and you are probably correct, but we don't have anything official yet to state that....

But you probably wouldn't be far off the mark if you built a character with that column shift in mind.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #254 on: <12-16-16/0926:27> »
So in priority-gen, does an Adept that becomes a Nosferatu have to pay for their power points in the same manner as a mystic adept?