NEWS

Shadowrun Inspirational

• 7 Replies

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« on: <12-05-10/1258:06> »
I'm starting this thread for future inspirations (from all sources), as much as for This post. It's more than good. Most people tend to cut on deep moments like that one in their games, so PBF's are a good place to use them, but anyways - that's one of those things that inspire and make you want to play/GM Shadowrun even more, that all those rulebook-goodies.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

etherial

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <12-05-10/1307:17> »
Nice vignette.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <12-05-10/1946:13> »
One piece that inspires me is the following one by Khadim Nasser which just blows my mind.  It's brilliant and I love it!   Check out this paydata which is a speech given at a Humanis gala dinner along with the comments.  I feel that drawing too specfic analogies between racial/ethnic prejudice of today and prejudice of Meta-humans can be somewhat rocky ground to navigate if done carelessly.  Primarily because people most quickly make the connection between caucasians=(beautiful/normal looking) humans.... minorities=(ugly) orks and trolls...which is rather off-putting.  However, when done in a well thought-out way just makes for some damn good and insightful sci-fi!  That's why I play Shadowrun!

Also check out K. Nasser's other stuff for SR4A and earlier editions at http://pavao.org/shadowrun/miscellany/

Thanks for the kudos Kot!
« Last Edit: <12-05-10/2022:59> by inca1980 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #3 on: <12-06-10/0325:42> »
You deserve it, Inca. That was made of awesome. :)
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #4 on: <12-14-10/0514:27> »
And yet another thing worth reading - hacker introducing a young wannabe, showing him the ropes. Also a good thing to show your teammates, whether they use the matrix a lot, or not at all.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <12-14-10/0843:15> »
And yet another thing worth reading - hacker introducing a young wannabe, showing him the ropes. Also a good thing to show your teammates, whether they use the matrix a lot, or not at all.
Fixed the link.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #6 on: <12-14-10/0855:34> »
Thanks. I was in a hurry, and might not notice any errors.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #7 on: <01-08-11/0656:22> »
Fizzygoo's quick-and-fluffy AR guide, along with PDF version FastJack made.