NEWS

[IC] Underworld 93 - December 2072

• 161 Replies

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #15 on: <12-13-10/0624:29> »
>>>>>[Didn't work. That aztech talismonger on fire you see live now on Horizon news? That was me getting chased. Aaand now i'm going to hack myself a new SIN. I'm almost out of numbers. And nanopaste. Heading towards the last place they'd chase me, if they fear GOD, and all. I'll ping you when i get there. Oh, and as for the bad guys, they like fire big time. Nine out of six spirits they sent were fiery. Others? Smoke, and storm spirits. My soft tells me, those things are elementals and nature spirits. So, i'm dealing with at least one mage and one shaman. Damn. Do i always have to piss of the wrong people?]<<<<<
     -- NiSayer (19:11:00/12-09-2072)
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #16 on: <12-13-10/1729:21> »
>>>>>[mages, shamans, both suck when on the other side. Drop a line @7101&)#$@(*(W. IF I don't scan any traces, I'll try to help you get a new SIN and out of town. Call it returning a favor.]<<<<<
  --Snipe (17:28:54/ 12-13-2072

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #17 on: <12-13-10/1748:42> »
>>>>>[No can do. I'm posting that from a friendly corpse who's currently out cold. I hope Ares doesn't mind. I's too risky, they're cracking down on me even in he matrix. Hell, they're good. I'm no genius, but those guys? Close call. My left hand still shakes all the time, so it seems i had some damage. Good thing that i put a lot of time and effort into my Biofeedback filter, or it'd be the end of me. Hell, i survived this long. Maybe it'll work.
Though if i do kick the bucket, whoever gets the people i mention in my will-file gets my stuff. And my BioFeedFilter soft. And you get to hurt them a lot, goddamn bastards.
And I'm across the street from where i wanted to be. See you, i hope. And thanks for the warm welcome, guys. It was a pleasure to not getting to know you yet. :)]<<<<<
 -- NiSayer (21:00:13/12-13-2072)
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #18 on: <12-14-10/1257:54> »
>>>>>[friendly corpses make the best commlink donors. You don't have to pay their bill. Keep moving, as payback is best when served personally. ]<<<<<
        --Snipe (12:57:12/ 12-14-2072)

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <12-14-10/1337:59> »
>>>>>[Meh, I much prefer to pick up a cheapo comm for cash. Last coupla times I went through a 'link from a gear-donor, I got a really, really creepy vibe. Didn't used to get that before I Awakened.]<<<<<
--TekDrake(13:36/12/14/2072)
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #20 on: <12-14-10/1621:48> »
>>>>>[Sounds like beggers can't choosey at the moment. When on the run, make do with what you got. Nisayer must have wandered into the wrong node. Some sites I ...watch went RED and sent known info out about Nisayer. Looks like they have added assualt on KE officers. No word on if dead or hospitalized.
           Docwagon shows a pickup of badly burned customers in that area.
           Awaken? Magic and a hacker? Never heard of a drake who could also hack. But then, there is Little Grace. Sad about her.
           You may deserve watching. As long as you are not a troll.]<<<<<
          --Snipe (16:20:34/ 12-14-2072)

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #21 on: <12-14-10/1704:26> »
>>>>>[Take care of our guy, and we'll make it up to you. We're trying to get at them, but it's a bit tricky from here. I really hope he got, where he wanted to.]<<<<<
          --Psychotique (18:55:66/ 12-14-2072)

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #22 on: <12-14-10/1756:59> »
>>>>>[Bloody hell, you gotta be kidding me.  This bitch is starting to piss me off.]<<<<<
        --Cap'n Jack (17:56:51/ 12-14-2072)

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #23 on: <12-14-10/1912:22> »
>>>>>[Hey, it's me again. Good news: I made it. Phew. It wasn't easy. I'm not exactly a sprinter, so that damn fire spirit got me when i was almost there.
Bad news: I'm going to need a new leg. And the meds make me woozy. And i'm writing that using ARgloves, because they don't let me connect otherwise while i'm hooked to all that stuff. I'm just going to report to you what happened, so you'll know there are some new freaks in town. They call themselves Ashborn. I think they might be involved in something big. Which i stumbled upon by chance while looking for clues on Cap'n Jack thingie. Just my luck.
And as for where i've went. Well, let's say it's not a corporate, nor governmental facility. A few of you might have guessed. And i'm not going to spoil your fun by telling. Anyways, thanks for tips and help offers. I didn't wanted to share my problems on you.
So anyways, i've got a new job. I work for my hosts for two months, and i get both a new leg, and a spider's salary. All tax-free. I think it's a good deal. And i'm going to stay in town. Those ashtray freaks won't leave me alone for a while, but i've got protection. Not that i won't need any when my contract expires. Oh, and i'll be also dealing jobs from my host from time to time. I hope they'll all work out and i'm ready to contribute with no pay, or strings attached. I need to make friends here, and earn some trust. You know, show that i'm not just trouble.]<<<<<
          --NiSayer (21:25:01/ 12-14-2072)

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #24 on: <12-14-10/1920:38> »
>>>>>[Alright, I'll bite.  What happened, Cap?]<<<<<
        -- Mac (18:42:41/12-14-2072)

>>>>>[That new District Attorney, Oaks.  I just got my hands on a shipment of guns for a buyer, and her little pet taskforce just nabbed him.  Which means I'm out my main buyer for this sort of thing.  I don't usually do guns, but Ares and a few of the otehr corps have been throwing a lot of new toys around down in Bogota, and a couple cases just happened to fall into my boat.  If anyone's interested in taking them off my hands, I have a stack of the new AK-147's, some Ares Bravo and Sierra's, and a handful of the FN SCAR-H3's.  Looking to dump the lot for a good price.]<<<<<
        -- Cap'n Jack (19:20:19/12-14-2072)

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <12-15-10/0945:31> »
>>>>>[Sounds like beggers can't choosey at the moment. When on the run, make do with what you got. Nisayer must have wandered into the wrong node. Some sites I ...watch went RED and sent known info out about Nisayer. Looks like they have added assualt on KE officers. No word on if dead or hospitalized.
           Docwagon shows a pickup of badly burned customers in that area.
           Awaken? Magic and a hacker? Never heard of a drake who could also hack. But then, there is Little Grace. Sad about her.
           You may deserve watching. As long as you are not a troll.]<<<<<
          --Snipe (16:20:34/ 12-14-2072)

>>>>>[I know about having beggar's choice, believe me. Some of the stuff I had to eat before I started pulling nuyen again? That tasted better than those comms felt. Ya know how mages act weird now and then about stuff? Ignorance is bliss, Snipe. Ignorance is bliss.]<<<<<
--TekDrake (9:44:12-15-2072)
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #26 on: <12-15-10/1324:07> »

>>>>>[That new District Attorney, Oaks.  I just got my hands on a shipment of guns for a buyer, and her little pet taskforce just nabbed him.  Which means I'm out my main buyer for this sort of thing.  I don't usually do guns, but Ares and a few of the otehr corps have been throwing a lot of new toys around down in Bogota, and a couple cases just happened to fall into my boat.  If anyone's interested in taking them off my hands, I have a stack of the new AK-147's, some Ares Bravo and Sierra's, and a handful of the FN SCAR-H3's.  Looking to dump the lot for a good price.]<<<<<
        -- Cap'n Jack (19:20:19/12-14-2072)

>>>>>[I'm currently in that neighborhood and have several friends who could give some new kit a good home...provided it's clean. Send me the specs and a price; I'll haggle on their behalf. If the price and quality is right, we could do biz. Be warned, my friends can be a bit, picky on such matters.]<<<<<
        -- Bravo Six (13:23:29/12-15-2072)
« Last Edit: <12-15-10/1327:41> by Mystic »
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: <12-15-10/1353:27> »
>>>>>[Someone say guns???  I have a great place to stash some guns...]<<<<<
 -- SteveZ (13:52:42/12-15-2072)
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <12-15-10/1543:17> »
>>>>>[Word of warning.  Had a Bravo come through my hands a little while ago and the thing is every bit as terrible of an implementation of a bad idea as you think it is.  Putting a sword on a bullpup rifle means you lose all the benefits of the configuration while maintaining all the immediate action headaches.  I broke a lamp clearing a double feed in the middle of my first magazine on the range, and sold the thing to some wannabe up in Weehawken the next day.  The updated SCAR does sound tempting, though.]<<<<<
        -- Vice (15:42:37/12-15-2072)

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #29 on: <12-15-10/1609:29> »

>>>>>[I know about having beggar's choice, believe me. Some of the stuff I had to eat before I started pulling nuyen again? That tasted better than those comms felt. Ya know how mages act weird now and then about stuff? Ignorance is bliss, Snipe. Ignorance is bliss.]<<<<<
--TekDrake (9:44:12-15-2072)
[/quote]

>>>>>[A very true statement. I have had magicans tell me I have a cold aura, with the cyberware i have installed. And "ignorance" has saved a Johnson's butt a few times. ]<<<<<
    --Snipe (16:08:34/ 12-15-2072)