NEWS

Miniatures in Shadowrun

• 60 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« on: <03-16-14/0215:59> »
So I'm curious about the world of miniatures.  I know that there are a LOT of miniature-based games out there, and I know that several of those games take place either in the real world, or a real enough facsimile to be called "real world."  However, I don't know a lot of specifics about which miniatures would convert well into Shadowrun.

I am aware that there was a company that was making miniatures expressly for Shadowrun use - do they still produce them?  Are there any miniatures or miniatures series that might work well for Shadowrun?

Thanks.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #1 on: <03-16-14/0600:35> »
Have a quick search mate, we had a thread on here for exactly this showcasing great minis.
Infinitythegame.com is a good place to start, some of theirs are brilliant!
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Belker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • The Butcher
« Reply #2 on: <03-16-14/1156:08> »
Way Back When(tm), Ral Partha made a line of Shadowrun miniatures of varying quality. (And I don't care what you say, you'll have to pry the cigar-chomping, Panther-firing troll from my cold, dead fingers.) Iron Wind Miniatures seems to have the old Ral Partha molds and continues to produce them:

http://ironwindmetals.com/store/index.php?cPath=15

Some of the minis for Infinity could certainly work.

And there will be some sort of miniatures coming out for Sprawl Gangers.
"Dog says to always wear your seatbelts, kiddies."
Missions Freelancer (CMP 2015 - The Tennessee Suite 1-4)

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-16-14/1214:16> »
Thanks, Csjarrat.  I did a quick search on the forums and I did indeed find a useful thread.  I'm going to link the thread and some of the other things that I found as a result, so that if others want to find the info they can do so a little more easily.  Belker, I appreciate your link.  I am also looking forward to Sprawl Gangers, as I think that might be the best possible option.  I want for Catalyst to be able to partner up with someone to make a line of new models.  I understand that the IP is a mess with this regard, but I'm hoping that with the introduction of Sprawl Gangers that this means the IP is more settled down and less confusing.

Thread
Iron Wind Metals
Street Violence
Disposable Heroes
Lead Bones
Infinity
Reaper: Savage Worlds
Reaper: Chronoscope
RAFM: Modern Day Heroes
MERCS

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Palladion

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <03-16-14/1650:20> »
Not available until end of 2014, but Hero Forge (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heroforge/customizable-3d-printed-tabletop-miniatures?ref=gamerati) has customizable miniatures, including a cyberpunk line.
P A L L A D I O N

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <03-17-14/0508:17> »
We've started using them in our Missions games, and while it slows things down a tad, we have found them invaluable for helping us picture combat.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <03-18-14/0543:51> »
If you like MERCS, they have a Kickstarter currently in process: MERCS: Recon

Sipowitz

• Omae
  • Smile for the camera
« Reply #7 on: <03-19-14/1333:17> »
Thanks, Csjarrat.  I did a quick search on the forums and I did indeed find a useful thread.  I'm going to link the thread and some of the other things that I found as a result, so that if others want to find the info they can do so a little more easily.  Belker, I appreciate your link.  I am also looking forward to Sprawl Gangers, as I think that might be the best possible option.  I want for Catalyst to be able to partner up with someone to make a line of new models.  I understand that the IP is a mess with this regard, but I'm hoping that with the introduction of Sprawl Gangers that this means the IP is more settled down and less confusing.

Thread
Iron Wind Metals
Street Violence
Disposable Heroes
Lead Bones
Infinity
Reaper: Savage Worlds
Reaper: Chronoscope
RAFM: Modern Day Heroes
MERCS

Here's some more for you.
Rezolution Very Shadowrunny game.
Wreck Age Not every model will work, but enough to take a gander at.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #8 on: <03-19-14/1958:05> »
We've started using them in our Missions games, and while it slows things down a tad, we have found them invaluable for helping us picture combat.

yea, we use an erasable matt and minis every time we can!

Makes seeing what is going on and understanding the battle field much much easier, and cuts down on little arguments such as visibility, line of sight, and cover.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #9 on: <12-14-14/1257:11> »
Not available until end of 2014, but Hero Forge (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heroforge/customizable-3d-printed-tabletop-miniatures?ref=gamerati) has customizable miniatures, including a cyberpunk line.

Is now live, I'd suggest checking it out.  Really nice set up.

I have a ton of the old RalParth / Iron Wind minis but sometimes you just want that customized look & the Hero Forge folks are onto something IMHO.

My only complaint so far is no SMG/AR in the weapons sections, but they just opened up & will be expanding more stuff in the future.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <12-14-14/1441:37> »
That is fantastic!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <12-14-14/1638:41> »
Need to look at this in more detail when I get to my desktop...but...quick scan looks pretty impressive. Not too worried about weapon options, as there are a lot out there one found use with mid work.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #12 on: <12-14-14/1645:21> »
Unfortunately it doesn't work on iPad but it looks good to me so far! Anyone bought and received one yet?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #13 on: <12-18-14/1713:48> »
Not yet, but I was playing w/ the options quite a bit this week.
I'm thinking I will wait to see what they do next because as cool as they are, I could tweak them more if they had some added guns & such.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <12-18-14/1730:00> »
The coolest thing about Hero Forge IMO is that you can mix and match from everything they have.  You can take an axe from fantasy, a duster from Western, a futuristic pistol from Sci-Fi, etc. and combine it all together. 

Wait, I take it back.  The coolest thing is that you can do this!