NEWS

Black Mamba

• 19 Replies

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« on: <10-26-13/0527:16> »
Hoi!

I'm posting first time in this section and I have refrained from reading it prior as I fear spoilers greatly, so please forgive me if the question has been answered.

In Storm Front it was implied that Black Mamba died in Bogota. FastJack spoke of her in past tense. But in the Assassins Primer (loved it, btw) she posts a comment and nobody even congratulates her on surviving Bogota.

Seems a bit weird, or am I missing something?
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <10-26-13/0755:21> »
Well, could be someone picked up the name. After all, Mihoshi Oni is the third person to carry that name. The old Black Mamba died in Bogota, as far as we know, but that doesn't mean someone else didn't pick up the name, and try to pick up the cred that goes with it.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #2 on: <10-26-13/0943:04> »
Well, could be someone picked up the name. After all, Mihoshi Oni is the third person to carry that name. The old Black Mamba died in Bogota, as far as we know, but that doesn't mean someone else didn't pick up the name, and try to pick up the cred that goes with it.
Ah yes, the Dread Pirate Roberts effect. Legend in the making.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <10-26-13/1622:36> »
Hell, comics were doing it long before that. Plenty of 'legacy' names in the superhero genre.

My Characters

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <10-26-13/2113:40> »
I think she's the real deal, if only because of her comment. And I think people not talking about it means that they know something is up, maybe a mole in the ranks? Whatever the case, I'm going to assume she is not only alive and kicking, but very very VERY pissed off.

"I take people trying to kill me very personally"

Cold words for someone supposedly killed in South America.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #5 on: <10-26-13/2248:49> »
Hell, comics were doing it long before that. Plenty of 'legacy' names in the superhero genre.
So, Kane, the most wanted man in the world, might be a bunch of dudes?  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <10-26-13/2250:28> »
So, Kane, the most wanted man in the world, might be a bunch of dudes?  ;D

Why do you think he's taken to mentoring a certain skirt with some computer skills? Kane might be a female come 6th edition.

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #7 on: <10-28-13/0228:20> »
Thanks!

Now I am all hooked to see what comes out of this (mini?)plot-line.
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #8 on: <11-01-13/1044:57> »
Or perhaps that the 'Primer was written (in universe, not RL) before the Storm Front document came out. SR4 products had a JackPoint splash page that had the date the document was posted in-universe. Assassin's Primer seems to be lacking that....hmmm. Anyway, not to be a buzzkill, but I would go with this as the most likely explanation.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #9 on: <11-01-13/1124:23> »
I find that unlikely, iirc AP already has a few new users, putting it after Storm Front in the timeline.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

martinchaen

« Reply #10 on: <11-01-13/1134:37> »
I'm going to go with the whole "If you don't see the body, he/she ain't dead" trope on Black Mamba.

She sent the message thinking she'd be dead, but there's no conclusive proof one way or another... Assassins Primer certainly indicates that either she's still alive (I'm leaning towards this given the whole comment about people trying to kill her), or someone else has her nick. Alternatively, Assassin's Primer was indeed written before Storm Front, at least in-universe...

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <11-01-13/1800:03> »
Also, remember that sometimes things get released out of 'sequence', so this could be explained in one of the books set to come out. I was sad to see that there wasn't a Jackpoint page in this one, though.

My Characters

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #12 on: <11-01-13/2109:47> »
Also, remember that sometimes things get released out of 'sequence', so this could be explained in one of the books set to come out. I was sad to see that there wasn't a Jackpoint page in this one, though.

Well, and considering I was the one who wote that section of Storm Front. So unless someone, pardon the pun, over-wrote me... ;)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <11-01-13/2113:10> »
You know, there are still Shedim running around...

My Characters

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #14 on: <11-02-13/0521:18> »
I checked again and ran into the name Balladeer, can't remember if they showed up before. Anyone know?
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!