NEWS

SR5 - infiltration mentioned, but no rules for it

• 6 Replies

mrcatman

• Chummer
« on: <07-01-13/1343:38> »
The SR5 origins quick start rules mention "infiltration" + INT on Infiltration Test (p.4, under skill ratings) and again on p.7 under opposed test notation, interestingly saying to sneak past a guard, roll Infiltration +AGI [physical] (which, to my understanding is Sneaking, not Infiltration).

The SR5O core rules mentions Infiltration again on p.365 (under Motion Sensors, and under Sound Detectors). 

However, the SR50 core rules on p.90 does not mention Infiltration as an Active Skill, nor does Infiltration appear in the skills section (starting on p.130), under any skill type or skill specialization.

Do you think Infiltration is an "interest" knowledge skill (p.90-91), or is this just an error to some beta rules (and Infiltration is now = Sneaking skill)?

« Last Edit: <07-01-13/1350:36> by mrcatman »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <07-01-13/1345:09> »
Perhaps they mean Sneaking? I heard Infiltration and Shadowing were merged into that.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <07-01-13/2204:02> »
I'd guess it was a typo. There are several in there once you read it. Go over to the "Errata" topic and post it there.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #3 on: <07-01-13/2338:49> »
The Sneaking skill and the Stealth skill group went through a number of name changes.

For the longest time, the Skill Group was the "Ninja" group, as a placeholder name :)  Part of me is sad it didn't stay that way.

So mostly, yeah, it was that things were written, then the term was changed, and not all the instances got updated. 

Warmachinez

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <07-02-13/0935:07> »
Yes a I saw one place in the book where infiltration was written, but it doesn't exist anywhere else. It just makes sense that they meant sneaking.
Chaos? Lack of protection? Enemies lurking in the shadows? Sounds
to me like the fun’s just beginning. Sorry you’ll miss it, omae.
> Kane

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #5 on: <07-02-13/2058:17> »
So... I assume someone with the book has reported that in an Errata topic? =P
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #6 on: <07-03-13/0006:43> »
Probably, but doesn't hurt to drop that in the Errata thread just in case.