NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #435 on: <01-12-17/2120:56> »
Didn't look hard in the thread but didn't find a posting re: Magic/Resonance and 'ware at character generation with different character generation methods. I know you can't spend special points on top of karma, but can use karma on top of special points if so desired. Mainly, I want to know how exactly how essence/magic loss is dealt with in character creation, especially when taking significant amounts of 'ware.   

1. In Priority/Sum2ten, does order of operations for increasing magic apply? Ex. Say You are an aspected D Magician that starts with Magic 2 and get 4.00 essence worth of 'ware so that your character has Essence: 2.00. You would like your character to still have Magic 2 at the start of play. Please note which options are correct... 

A. Do you have to spend 4 special points -- to raise Magic to 6 and then have it drop to 2 with essence loss?
B. Do you have to spend 2 special points -- to let Magic hit 0 from the 'ware, and then bought back up with 2 points back to 2? 
C. Can you spend 15 karma instead of special points -- let magic hit 0 from the 'ware loss during the 'ware buying phase, and then buy magic pack up to 2 for 15 karma during the spend remaining karma phase? 
D. Other? 

2. Point Buy works a little different, as everything is bought with karma. Using the same example above, after spending the 15 karma to be an aspected magicain 
A. Do you have to spend 100 karma -- to raise Magic from 1 to 6, in order to have Magic 2 with Magic loss due to essence loss? 
B. Do you you spend 15 -- to raise Magic from 0 to 2 after letting it hit 0 from 'ware loss?
C. Do you spend 10 karma -- to raise Magic from 1 to 2, because when you buy the aspected magician quality Magic is always at least 1 unless you burn-out (max magic hits 0).   
D. Other?   

3. I know there is some controversy on the rules change for Magic that breaks from previous editions that folks with Magic ratings only permanently burn out when their Max Magic hits 0, not just when their Magic hits 0. As someone who only started playing 5th, this never seemed like an issue to me, but it does make many who played previous editions uneasy. As written, the rule seems to be intentional (lots of wording about it). However, characters with Resonance are written (also very intentionally) to burn out whenver their current Resonance hits 0 (as opposed to their max Resonance as it would be if Resonance worked analogously to Magic). This to me adds to the confusion, as Resonance seems to work the way Magic used to work. So... 
A. To be clear--Do magicians only burn-out permanently when their max Magic hits 0? 
B. Is Resonance intended to work differently, or are technomancers supposed to only permanently burn-out when their Max Resonance hits 0? 

« Last Edit: <01-12-17/2152:08> by FST_Gemstar »

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #436 on: <02-13-17/2310:35> »
On page 202 of the Core Rulebook, I believe the Movement Rates table needs altering.

Actually, there's several things in that section that need clarification.  Is there a minimum movement rate per turn if something is moving at a speed above 1?  Is the Control Vehicle action required for both drones in chase combat?  Is it required for drones or vehicles in tactical combat?  There's no clear rules for drone movement in tactical combat, but that's pretty crucial to riggers.

Also, in regards to the movement rates table, I can, at character creation, get a drone capable of moving at five times the speed of sound, over 3000 miles per hour.  The issue isn't in being able to increase a drone's speed; it's that the chart is for some reason exponential with each point of Speed doubling the movement rate.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #437 on: <02-17-17/0117:24> »
A clarification on what counts as "unarmed" is required for the Killing Hands adept power (core rulebook, page 310), the Bone Lacing augmentation (core rulebook 454), Bone Density Augmentation (core, 459), Elemental Strike (Street Grimoire, 170), and Penetrating Strike (Street Grimoire, 173).

The confusion is over whether "unarmed" means any attack using the Unarmed Combat skill, and what of these things can stack with eachother or other weapons that use the Unarmed Combat skill.

For instance; can you use Elemental Strike with a "Knucks" weapon?  Does Bone Lacing or Bone Density Augmentation increase damage done with knucks?  What about implanted weapons?  Can you use Penetrating Strike with cyber spurs or a biospike?
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

&#24525;

« Reply #438 on: <02-17-17/2212:39> »
A mechanical distinction between a Device and an Icon, I imagine, would help clear up a few issues with the Matrix.

Valyn81

• Newb
« Reply #439 on: <03-08-17/1129:07> »
A clarification on what counts as "unarmed" is required for the Killing Hands adept power (core rulebook, page 310), the Bone Lacing augmentation (core rulebook 454), Bone Density Augmentation (core, 459), Elemental Strike (Street Grimoire, 170), and Penetrating Strike (Street Grimoire, 173).

The confusion is over whether "unarmed" means any attack using the Unarmed Combat skill, and what of these things can stack with each other or other weapons that use the Unarmed Combat skill.

For instance; can you use Elemental Strike with a "Knucks" weapon?  Does Bone Lacing or Bone Density Augmentation increase damage done with knucks?  What about implanted weapons?  Can you use Penetrating Strike with cyber spurs or a biospike?

First order of clarification:
Unarmed Combat Unarmed Combat covers the various self-defense and attack moves that employ the body as a primary weapon. This includes a wide array of martial arts along with the use of cybernetic implant weaponry and the fighting styles that sprung up around those implants.
Default: Yes Skill Group: Close Combat Specializations: Blocking, Cyber Implants, Subduing Combat, or by specific Martial Art

Second order of clarification:
Knucks: (found immediately under the section 'Other Melee Weapons') These may be traditional fist-load weapons like brass knuckles, or modern “Hardliner gloves” with a thin layer of densiplast located along the knuckles and the edge of the hand. Either way they substantially boost the impact of a punch, making it potentially deadly. Attacks with knucks use the Unarmed Combat skill.

If you are still confused by this, NOTE the part of Other Melee Weapons These weapons require skills other than Blades or Clubs to use. (pg 422 Gear Listing); aka It IS a melee weapon; but, uses the unarmed combat skill for purposes of skill dice.
-----------------------------------------
Third Order of clarification:
Bodyware covers the goods to make you stronger, faster, better protected, and altogether more robotic, if that’s your thing. Bodyware cannot be installed into cyberlimbs unless it has a Capacity cost [in brackets]. Bodyware with a Capacity cost can be installed in cyberlimbs, costing capacity rather than Essence.

Bone lacing: Your bones are laced with lattice chains of reinforcing plastics or metals, improving their integrity and tensile strength (and adding to your body’s overall weight). Bone lacing comes in three types: plastic, aluminum, and titanium — you can only have one installed at a time. It gives you extra Body for resisting physical damage, a little Armor (cumulative with other Armor, without adding to Encumbrance), and changes your unarmed combat damage, all listed in the Bone Lacing table. Bone lacing is incompatible with other augmentations that add to or alter your bones (such as bone density augmentation).
Bioware is subtler, more holistic, and less invasive than cyberware, at the cost of being substantially pricier. Instead of replacing body parts with machines, bioware augments the body’s own functions and integrates transplanted organs that function as natural features. The application of biotechnology is a tricky business, as the fine balance of homeostasis between the body’s organic systems must be maintained. In the last decade, bionics and bio-engineering techniques have taken bioware from cutting edge to commonplace. Bioware is more expensive monetarily, costs less Essence, and is much harder to spot. Also—and we’d like to think this goes without saying— bioware has no wireless capability at all

Bone density augmentation: The molecular structure of your bones is altered to increase density and tensile strength. Ligaments are strengthened, and the increased bone density increases your weight a bit. Your Body attribute is increased by the bone density Rating for the purpose of damage resistance tests. You also deal Physical damage in unarmed combat, based on the Rating of the augmentation (see the Bone Density Augmentation table). Bone density augmentation is incompatible with other augmentations to the bones, including bone lacing cyberware.

In case the above descriptions from the books are still unclear : You can NOT have both Bioware and Cyberware at the same time. BIOware uses your body without replacing the whole thing. CYBERware replaces the whole thing.

Adept Powers

Killing Hands Cost: 0.5 PP Activation: Free Action
This power lets you inflict lethal damage with your unarmed attacks. When inflicting damage on the target of an unarmed attack, you may choose whether to cause Stun or Physical damage. Killing Hands may be combined with other adept powers that increase unarmed damage. Your Killing Hands attacks are magical, so they can bypass a creature’s magical defenses against attack, such as the Immunity to Normal Weapons power, and may be used by adepts with Astral Perception during astral combat.

ELEMENTAL STRIKE COST: 0.5 PP ACTIVATION: SIMPLE ACTION PREREQUISITES: KILLING HANDS
Elemental Strike enhances the damage caused by an unarmed Killing Hands strike by channeling an elemental effect into the attack. Activating this power requires a Simple Action and the effect remains active for (Magic) Combat Turns or until the adept deactivates it with. Free Action or is rendered unconscious. While active, the chosen elemental effect wreathes the hand, foot, or other body part the adept uses to strike. Only one effect can be used at a time and can’t be combined with any other adept striking power except Killing Hands. Each elemental effect must be purchased as a separate power.

PENETRATING STRIKE COST: 0.25 PP PER LEVEL (MAX 4)
This ability allows an adept to focus and project an unarmed attack a short distance forward, bypassing armor the target may have or punching through their thick, stubborn hide. In essence, this gives the adept’s attack an AP rating equal to the levels she has in this power (maximum 4). This power can be used in conjunction with the Killing Hands power but not Elemental Strike.

**EDIT 2**
Base in the part of Unarmed combat, any Implants that are not considered a melee weapon count, if the word melee is uses at any point then it will not apply. CYBERARMS are unarmed, the blades or other weapons are NOT.
**EDIT 1**
Forgot this part:

Cyber melee weapons: For a quarter of a century now, cyber-implant melee weapons have been the classic, favored toys of razor guys, from street muscle to professional urban samurai. They are available as cyberarm upgrades, but can also be installed directly into the flesh. Cyber weapons can be readied via muscle flexture, neural impulse, or wireless signal. Attacks with cyber melee weapons use Unarmed Combat skill and the Physical limit.
Hand razors are blades two to three centimeters long, made of chromed steel or carbon fiber. They either slide out from beneath your fingernails or replace them entirely. Hand blades slip out the side of the hand opposite the thumb, parallel to the hand, and while they are universally thin and sharp, they come in a variety of shapes and styles. Spurs are one to three blades or spikes protruding from the back of your wrist or your knuckles, sticking out from your fist as much as thirty centimeters. The shock hand is like a shock glove built into the palm of your hand, perfect for inflicting a nasty shock to anything it comes into contact with. Shock hands deal Electricity damage (p. 170) and have ten charges in each hand; when plugged in they recharge at a rate of one charge per ten seconds.

I could not find anything about a BIOSPIKE so I will have to assume you are still referring to the Cyber melee weapons.

Here is more info about Cyberlimbs:

Cyberlimbs
In today’s world of transplant-friendly bioware, the use of cyberlimbs is sometimes viewed as crude and outdated. On the other hand, they are cheap and easy to service and upgrade, so in the end they became even more popular for the less fortunate. Since cyberlimbs are more capable than most natural limbs, and you can load them up with all sorts of wiz tech, this kind of cyberware has stayed in high demand.
Cyberskulls and –torsos are included in the “cyberlimbs” category, though they are in fact shells rather than full replacements (or actual limbs).
Cyberlimbs have their own Strength and Agility ratings. When a particular limb is used for a test (such as leading an attack with your cyberarm), use the attribute for that limb (natural or cyber); in any other case, take the average value of all limbs involved in the task. If a task requires the careful coordination of several limbs, use the value of the weakest limb. The attributes of partial limbs (including cyberhands and –feet) may be enhanced, but their attributes only apply for tests directly involving those limbs (such as a Strength Test when gripping something with an enhanced cyberhand). Cyberlimbs cannot hold any bioware, nor any cyber-implants that take up Essence rather than Capacity. Essence cost, Capacity, and other stats can be found on the Cyberlimb table. Cyberlimbs have other useful features. They give you 1 extra damage box on your Physical Condition Monitor for each cyberlimb you possess (ignore hands and feet, and partial limbs count for half a limb). They have Capacity, letting you add cyberweapons and other cyber systems that have a Capacity cost [in brackets]. They can perform at superhuman levels with the right enhancements. Cyberlimbs can be dangerous even if they don’t have cyberweapons installed— their unarmed Damage Value is (STR)P.
========================================================================
I hope the clarified your points of confusion. If not, please let me know.

*I was not trying to be rude by using the quotes or bold letters and underlines, it is just to highlight the parts that clarify your questions.

Sincerely,
BetaVirus
« Last Edit: <03-08-17/1210:38> by Valyn81 »

JeremiahRiggs

• Newb
« Reply #440 on: <03-08-17/1839:35> »
Errata - We try to get our products into good shape before they go out the door, but . . . well . . . the thing is, you can submit errata here.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #441 on: <03-08-17/2022:05> »
Tell us how you really feel JR....
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

JeremiahRiggs

• Newb
« Reply #442 on: <03-09-17/0037:28> »
I feel that the bar has been set so fucking low that it is possible for people who have become so utterly fucked up in the head that they accept pieces of shit like SR5 and related books as an actual real RPG.  The fact that Trump was elected president supports my hypothesis.  This world will fall to incompetency within 50 years.  The 2006 movie Idiocracy played down the level of stupid that is to come so that people would find it believable.

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #443 on: <03-09-17/0250:59> »
And yet you take the time to post here, and to enlight us with messages I do not even dare to quote... ???

What am I supposed to deduct about you?
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #444 on: <03-09-17/0317:02> »
Let's see

Three days old account
Really inflammatory language
Only content is complains
Lacking tact
Looks suspicioulsly like a...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #445 on: <03-09-17/0456:04> »
Let's see

Three days old account
Really inflammatory language
Only content is complains
Lacking tact
Looks suspicioulsly like a...

I like it  ;D
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #446 on: <03-09-17/1200:43> »
If it makes you feel better JR,

I don't care.

Chalk you up as "whiny waste of skin" along with 20 other people that were/are on the forums....

Oh, and just a note from someone who has been to 30 different countries to work: It's not that bad out there..... But you millennials....your in for a shock once mommy and daddy cut you off and kick you into the REAL world!

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #447 on: <03-09-17/1539:28> »
Chalk you up as "whiny waste of skin" along with 20 other people that were/are on the forums....

And thatīs the point where I realized that my hopes and wishes for this this franchise to somehow recover were all in vain...
Are you sure that there are even that many people left in this forum?

(The poster you are replying to is still a whiny brat, though...)
« Last Edit: <03-09-17/1542:04> by Finstersang »

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #448 on: <03-09-17/1605:20> »
Its true Finstersang, the number of 'Quality' posters has dropped off in the last 2 years or so....

So has the number of posters with quality knowledge to share....

And the number of freelancers who share their time and efforts with us....

But Whiners and Trolls abound! Of my blocked list of 20+ names, 15 or so have been added in those same 2 years.
Amazing that.... 6 years of the forums, and in 4 years I blocked 6 people. Now in 24 months I have blocked 16 more....... So either my skin has gotten thinner, my patience shorter, or the quality of posters has diminished.....

But, this place is what we make it to be....

(And it seems like more then a few want it to be a daycare!)

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #449 on: <03-09-17/1649:59> »

And thatīs the point where I realized that my hopes and wishes for this this franchise to somehow recover were all in vain...
Are you sure that there are even that many people left in this forum?

(The poster you are replying to is still a whiny brat, though...)

Don't start feeling hopeless. Reaper mini's Warlord's game has been going strong for DECADES, they their forums are even more sparse than ours. I know this because my dad freelances for them.

There is always hope so long as there's one fool left willing to fight for it. If I am to be that fool, then so be it!
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.