NEWS

IC: The Old Smoke: CH4

• 554 Replies

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #540 on: <02-23-16/1632:41> »
[spoiler]
Sorry I forgot to do init, but rolled like shit to make up for it.
VR init (DP 5 + Log 6 = 11 + 4d6): 4d6+11 21

This is my declared action once Profgast post.
HotF two marks on meta link (Log 6 + Hacking 6 + VR 2 - two marks 4 = 10: 10d6t5 3 (browser error, accidentally rolled twice.  I took the first roll by datestamp in the log)  Still not great roll.  Here's hoping the owner doesn't have a very good Int :P

(for me)Taylor figures it's time to start earning his keep.  He throws two of his magnifying glass marks at the super cheap link to get that out of the way early.
[/spoiler]
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #541 on: <02-23-16/2352:55> »
Redline felt more than heard the humming in her 'bones' as she accelerated, building speed, the fresh-fallen snow slick beneath her tires.

"Gents, please hold onto something, this ride is about to be a little rougher than normal."

Concentrating only on spinning wheels she pulled her tires to a slight angle and then gunned the accelerator for a moment, kicking up a plume of powder between herself and the pursuing bikers.

[spoiler]I'm assuming I've got a speed of 2ish here, since I started accelerating off of the slow-cruise before combat began...  Also curse most vehicle actions for being Complex.

Also assuming Terrain modifier to be a "4" rather than "-4" since in chase combat per rules they establish a threshold rather than a penalty to the dice pool...  Which I suppose is actually *worse* than a -4 Dice pool but there you have it.  I'll roll for both I suppose, and let you choose which one works.

Free Action: speak.
1st Pass: Complex Action: Shake Things Up a Bit; Push the Limit (1 Edge Spent)
Shake things up a bit! Chase: 15d6h5 6
4 hits using the -4 method, either way with Steely Eyed Wheelman I should successfully make the terrain modifier more difficult for pursuers within 100m by 1.
[/spoiler]

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #542 on: <02-24-16/1609:58> »
@Zwei__________
The firewall yielded a little to your attempt, its owner probably never having feared any kind of hacking attempt this far away from real civilisation
[spoiler]: 4d6t5 2
You got the hit you needed! don't forget noise/static modifiers are at -2 still[/spoiler]

@Lumen______
You're up
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #543 on: <02-24-16/1645:29> »
Taylor figures it's time to start earning his keep.  He throws two of his magnifying glass marks at the super cheap link to get that out of the way early.

[spoiler]I didn't put the noise in because he's got the Echo Quiet which gives a +2 for noise, or is the -2 including that?[/spoiler]
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #544 on: <02-25-16/0801:43> »
Knives maneuvers over to a side seat to keep the bike in sight.  Too far away for any real shot he bids his time until it closes the distance to the van.

[Spoiler]
If you'll let it fly without sticking his head out in the cold Knives will take aim and wait until/if the bike gets any closer to try firing.
[/Spoiler]
"Everything that is, casts a shadow" -Neil Gaiman.
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>
Knives Chapter 4 (5th edition) OOC: Pg 93.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #545 on: <02-25-16/1521:32> »
The rider drops a gear and guns the throttle, it's raspy engine noise piercing the wind and engine noise of the van.
He wobbles heavily as he crosses the powder filled rut redline left for him but manages to just hold onto his handlebars. Shutting the throttle off a bit to keep the back end in line, he lost the distance he'd just made up.
[spoiler]Zweiblumen, we got a bit out of sync there, you got your marks on at ini 21. Rider has just been at 17 so it's onto saithor if he's still in the game, I'll autopilot him if not.
Lumen, I assume that's a delay action?[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #546 on: <02-28-16/1419:02> »
Redline cycled a glance through her aft sensors to see how the biker was before making snap decision.

Well he's a little bit further back than I'd like but here goes

A light tap to her wheels caused her to drift slightly out-of-line of the pursuing bike, and then a hard-brake maneuver dropped her speed suddenly, with the intent of having the bike zoom right past.

[spoiler]Switch the Six Maneuver: Opposed Reaction+Vehicle Skill [Handling], since biker is at Medium range instead of Short he gets  +1 Dice pool.
Switch the Six: 13d6t5 6 Handling is 3, +2 for VR, +1 for Control Rig, full 6 Hits.[/spoiler]

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #547 on: <03-02-16/1421:38> »
@Lumen_______
Feel free to jump in at any time with your delayed action

___Ini 1____
Silas took the opportunity to bounce a spell out, catching sight of the biker in pursuit in the wing mirror.
With a deep breath and a look of focus, he threw something out into the aether, its effect not noticeable at first.

@Profgast________
The heavy van slid beautifully on the snow, its arse end whipping about and making the steering go light.
The biker could see it happening but was ill placed to do much about it. Heavy braking would slide the bike and hard maneuvers likely the same.
He tried a combination of the two, wiggling about with the rear end in the thicker snow, trying to dump some speed but failed, overshooting you by a few metres
[spoiler]
Resistance roll: : 10d6t5 6 limit was 5 so he overshoots you slightly.
Roll me a crash test at threshold 4 please to stop the van entering a full spin on the ice and snow. If you recover it, you'll end up at close range on his tail. if not, you'll end up following him up the road pointing backwards! :-)[/spoiler]

@Zwei______
You're up

Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #548 on: <03-02-16/2248:06> »
[spoiler]"Crash" vehicle test: 13d6t5 3
Whee!!   Fortunately, if you count Control Rig bonus I meet threshold (-1 to vehicle test thresholds), and am 1 over if Steely-eyed Wheelman applies for terrain.  If neither are applicable well, I'm sure Redline keeps bags for people who get carsick.[/spoiler]

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #549 on: <03-03-16/0700:00> »
@All________
The vehicle slides none-too-gracefully back into a normal heading up the road, slamming into a ridge of thicker snow and kicking up a huge cloud of powder. The startled rider looks over his shoulder at the huge van now sitting literally metres behind him, revving for traction on the powder
[spoiler]lumen, you're now at short range with your taser but he's likely to accelerate in his turn and increase the distance[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #550 on: <03-03-16/1837:12> »
After some slick maneuvering by Redline Knives finally sees the shot he's been waiting for.  As the motorcycle speeds past the big van he rolls down the window takes a quick second to line up the shot and fires his taser.

[spoiler]
Simple Action 1: Take Aim +1 dice pool.
Simple Action 2: Fire Taser. Pistols (Taser) 7 + Agility 7 + Take Aim 1 - Moving Vehicle 2 [Accuracy 7] = 13d6.  Tasing: 13d6t5 6.  DV: 6S(e) + net AP: -5
[/spoiler]
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #551 on: <03-05-16/0631:37> »
[spoiler]Resistance roll:
: 9d6t5 4 4 hits, knives gets 2 net hits through
Resistance:
resist 8s: 6d6t5 2
takes 6S, enough for knockdown.
Resist crash damage:
: 9d6t5 4 takes a further 2S[/spoiler]
The taser darts land squarely in his back, even with a duck and a weave. The jolting of the 50,000v through his body was enough to shake his control of the bike, his hands spinning the handlebars and pitching into the snow covered grass abnk to your right. He disappeared into a cloud of powder on the verge of the road along with his bike and nothing stirred from the site as you check the rear facing mirrors and sensors.

@All, encounter over; return to free action
[spoiler]Target site is about 2 miles up the road and a way off to your left down the hill.[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #552 on: <03-07-16/0010:20> »
Redline eases the GMC back into a steady pace on the snowy road and continues towards the target.

"Hope that didn't shake you gents up too much, I think we're on schedule to the site."

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #553 on: <03-07-16/0737:56> »
Knives chuckles as he rolls the window back up.  "Nah, that was some damn good driving.  Did you see how big that bloke's eyes got  when ya whipped round behind em?  I just hope he don't stir up a fuss for us."
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #554 on: <03-08-16/1145:28> »
You finally crest the hill and the GPS pings to let you know you were within 0.5KM of your target co-ordinates.
The road, or what you could make out of the pristine white sheet ahead of you began to roll slightly downhill before rising into the distance. Rolling hillocks ran off into the vast distance of the wastes to your left and the hillside to your right cragged heavily at the top of a steep climb. An excellent vantage point, but rough on the knees no doubt.
The search area covered a huge tract of land off to the left, rolling countryside shadowed by heavy grey clouds, clouds probably laden with another dose of the white stuff judging by how dark they were.

@Profgast_________
You knew this was just the start of the co-ords that Bex had given you from the aerial shots, the farm you'd scouted was still some way up the road to your left.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor