Shadowrun

Shadowrun Play => Play-by-Post => Topic started by: Jack_Spade on (14:49:59/09-27-16)

Title: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:49:59/09-27-16)
Panzerknacker

"It's a very difficult job and the only way to get through it is we all work together as a team. And that means you do everything I say."
Charlie Croker: The Italian Job


Seattle, November 5th, early morning

The sun hadn't rissen yet, but the cold, crisp air was clear and the steady wind from the sea promised a clear day. Giant automated freight ships landed and took of from Seattle harbor, leaving little grey clouds of exhaust in their wake.
Dr. Schmitt took a sip from his thermos cup. The aroma of real Brazilian coffee filled the SUV while it's vapors slowly fogged the windows. The city hadn't changed appreciatively since he had been here the last time, but still...
The passenger door opened and an Ork in a long coat sat himself unasked inside, rubbing life back into his cold fingers. Without a word Schmitt poured him a cup.
"Ah, that's better."
"I assume you were successful?"
"Wasn't easy, they have gone to ground and the fixer wasn't in the mood to give out any info."
"Can't say that I blame him. Looking out for the interest of his assets. But you know: Problems and opportunities - two sides of the same coin. Now out with it, have you found them?"
"Sure, at least there current contacts."
"Excellent. And what about the other specialists?"
"I have three. Two mages and a rigger. Rather new on the scene."
"Talent's hard to find. Alright. Send the invite and get the warehouse ready."
"You've got it boss. Usual protocols."
"As you say. Time to crack this nut once and for all."

Seattle, November 5th, noon

The day was remarkably warm for November, sun shine filled the city so that even the most grim looking troll couldn't help but smile.
The serenity was broken by the various notification sounds and methods the various commlinks had.
bnc, Krestov, Slobbertooth and Torrent received a message from a contact they hadn't heard from for almost a year:
<<Greetings, based on our previous experiences I'd like to hire your team for a new mission. Don't worry, this time you won't have to travel far. Meet me this evening at 6 at Charly's Bar'n Grill, Steward street.
Best regards,
Dr. Schmitt.>>

Yael, Flatline and Kite found a similar message, but from their respective fixers, Debbie, Black-Eye Pete and Brian Delaney:
<<Just got a job offer for you. Handsome S-K fellow, goes by Dr. Schmitt, want's to hire your talents for a big job. Says to come tonight to Charly's Bar'n Grill, Steward street around 6.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (21:38:22/09-27-16)
When Devon gets the message from Three-Toes, he quickly clears his schedule for the rest of the day, postponing a surgery and getting a nurse updated on his patients in the clinic.  He goes to his lab/lodge to prep his gear and grab a nap.  A few hours later he heads into town, taking his truck and parking it at a lot on the edge of Downtown and using public transportation to Seward.  Knowing nothing more than the message he got, he arrives at Charly’s at 10 to 6, checks his medical bag and takes a seat at the bar to wait, ordering a beer but not drinking it.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (23:34:47/09-27-16)
Anna receives the message in her dormitory apartment as she was struggling to digest what her food processor passed as 'nutritious chicken flavored delight'...  I wander if Debbie uses the word handsome with the same audacity that suffer home  use the word 'delight'.  She texted Debbie >> As long as he is 'handsome', I am in though he is probably old enough to be my dad.

The next text was to her friend Irene >> Something came up, I might cancel for the party tonight so make some alternative plans, will let you know.  Should Anna be occupied that night she is going to miss a rap performance at the Banshee. 

Anna projects to the meet about an hour before she physically go there, she scans the place for anything unusual, she'll arrive few minutes ahead of time as long as the scouting does not uncover anything unusual.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (10:15:35/09-28-16)
Slobbertooth was happy to see the message from Schmidt. It meant that things were at least about to get more interesting and less dangerous than his current life out in the barrens. Not unsurprising even though the last time the team had received a job from Schmidt it had involved submarines, blood mages, and Aztechnology commando teams. Commando squads were at least more predictable than BTL junkies too scrambled to realize he wasn't a dealer.

Josiah packed up his equipment into some of the duffel-bags he had "borrowed" from drug runners (after removing all of their "baking soda"), and threw his guns into their cases. Mounting his Suzuki Mirage, weighed down by all of the bags, Slobbertooth was sure that he made a strange sight as he tired to simultaneously keep everything in one place and drive safely at high speed. There wouldn't b e any slowing down. Just because he was familiar and could survive in the Barrens didn't keep him from relishing any opportunity to leave. He hoped that the combination of his helmet and jacket would do enough to cover his identity from any street cameras that might be prying at the odd motorcycle turned baggage train.

When Slobbertooth pulled up to the restaurant he parked in the lot and waited for Krestov to arrive with the team's truck. When Special K arrived, Slobbertooth gave him a nod and threw his duffel bags and excess worn equipment into the back of the Rover. He couldn't very well take a duffel bag filled with body armor, APDS ammunition and grenades into a restaurant and he certainly couldn't leave it sitting out in the open. He kept himself minimally armed, even taking off his helmet. This was a social call after all.

Taking off his respirator for the first time iin weeks, he smelled something foul. He initially thought it was just the "fresh" air in Seattle. After a little personal exploration, Slobbertooth realized it was his own musk earned from his time in hiding among trash without easy access to clean running water. He put his respirator back on and entered the restaurant. Hopefully this wouldn't be another seafood restaurant or he'd be ruining everyone else's dinner. Maybe the place wouldn't be crowded and he could sit in a corner and just ruin some other patron's meals.

[spoiler]Slobbertooth is armed with concealed Ruger loaded with gel ammunition. He has a smoke grenade and a single speedloader with APDS in his pocket.[/spoiler]

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (14:25:03/09-29-16)
Oh no, not today! Damn you, Gerhard...

bnc had smiled when she saw Gerhard's face popping up before herself. Not so much after she'd read the message.

She began to text.
<@Robin <hey pal i'm dead sorry i cnt cum today. there's Damn, what can be important enough to postpone a handsome doctor-to-be? Uhm...a really important meet a friend of mine. She's sick...no one's gonna believe that. Not anyone who'd be smart enough to entertain me a single week.a really important job interview. sry, I'll buy you a drink next time!>

Crap. No. That way I create a asymmetrical relationship definition, leaning towards him as the dominant part. That way, I am never going to get him to do anything for me.

Sighing, bnc deletes the message.

<@Robin <sorry robin. I really wanted to get to meet ya 2day. smthng really important came up, though. I'll tell u next time. What about 1 week later, 12th? kisses, bianca>
Way better. Creating a kind of mystery to catch him on the hook. Taking the initiative, making him respond to me. A bit cocky, creating a frame in which I don't seem to depend on him. Friendly still, and a tiny bit of sex. Send!

Once the message is out, bnc yells out in frustration, hits the wall with her fist, screams FUCK at the next person she meets and buys herself a 500ml can of Pepper Plus (with cherry flavor).


Two hours and a bit of Whoom! later, she's way more relaxed. She does her routine homework (checking out Schmitt's commlink, doing a thourough research on his life, focussing on the last 365 days, but redoing all the stuff before for good measure, visiting the matrix representation of the restaurant, checking their matrix security and so on). She then dons tight leather pants, a yellow-red band shirt (over a proper push-up) and an equally tight leather jacket. After fixing the make up, she styles her hair into green spikes (she figures that her youth attracted him; no mistake in underlining that feature of hers) she takes public transports to the restaurant and arrives roughly 15 minutes early.

Before she enters the grill, she makes sure, her deck is switched off. She conceals Tom in a concealable holster then waits for the others to arrive.

When Devon enters the room, she eyes him carefully and takes a closer look at his commlink. Once Slob enters, she sits right next to him, then decides to shift a few inches further from him. "Hey, sempai. How's it hangin'?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (19:38:51/09-29-16)
Taking a heavy breath through his respirator

"Hey kiddo. Any big news from the rest of the team? Couldn't get a cable company to give me much access the past few months. They had some trouble finding the 'decrepit house next to a pile of trash'."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: badneighbor on (22:54:17/09-29-16)
The space heater is on in the small hangar, albeit turned down to barely a hum. The locals are calling it a warm day today but Regina doesn’t trust it. She’s elbow-deep in the deconstructed engine of her plane, carefully removing components and arranging them on a towel spread across the folding table she’d dragged over.

She loves her new aircraft and feels indebted to Brian for hooking her up with it, but she doesn’t yet know it the way she knew her baby back home. The only thing to do, then, is disassemble and reassemble it until she can do it blindfolded. One-handed. While under fire.

There’s trashy, catchy pop music blaring from the speakers of the cheap shop stereo, but the volume is low enough for Gina to hear her ‘link sound off, reporting a message. “Volume one,” she calls out into the echo-y shop, and the music level drops accordingly. Wiping her grease-covered hands off on her coveralls, she strides over to the counter where her commlink and various other personal effects had been tossed when she’d arrived here early this morning. She reaches for the device, then hesitates, seeing what a poor job she’d done cleaning her hands off. Huffing a bit, both and frustration and to blow a sweaty strand of hair from in front of her eyes, she uses her cleanest knuckle to clumsily jab at the device, accept the message, and send it to the AR display of her one cybereye.

It was from Brian:


 <<Just got a job offer for you. Handsome S-K fellow, goes by Dr. Schmitt, want's to hire your talents for a big job. Says to come tonight to Charly's Bar'n Grill, Steward street around 6.>>

She reads the text a few times before blinking it away, waving at the air for effect. She turns to look in the direction of the garage door, having only now noticed that it had been opened. Brian Delaney stands there, leaning his shoulder against the threshold, smiling that idiot smile of his.

Regina gestures down at the now-greasy commlink, staring at her associate and mentor with a “what the frag” expression.

“What is wrong with you?”

“Felt more official to tell you that way,” he replies through his still-widening grin. “You should be excited! Finally something to do, so you stop pulling apart everything in my garage.”

Now she smiles too, dropping the ‘annoyed’ act. “Our garage. And I am excited; this is what I asked for. Thank you.”

He nods in response, happy to have made her happy. Then, after a moment: “Get out of here. Go get cleaned up and go to your meet. I’ll deal with…” he gestures exhaustively toward several hundred plane engine parts, “this.”

Regina glances back at the plane, then to Brian again, making a reluctant face. “I have time. I don’t want to give you work.” He waves a dismissive hand as he moves further into the garage, shutting the heater off as he goes. “No no no. Don’t make yourself late for your first job. Go.”


Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (00:39:03/09-30-16)
bnc looks in direction of the door, seeming distracted. She talks softly, yet the voice arrives clearly at Slob's ear. It might take him a moment to realize, she's sending a digital copy of what she's saying to Josiah's commlink, perfectly synchronised with the actual sound waves. For an instant, it appears almost magical, her talking softly into a different direction in a semi-crowded bar, yet her voice arriving him as clearly as spring water.

"No, can't say I have. I've been checking on Krestov on an irregular basis, but I haven't heard from Torrent. I'm ... I don't know. I'm struggling to get a way outta here. Y'know, fighting for survival, stealing, killing ... it's a step on my ladder, or so I hope."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:41:00/09-30-16)
After scouting the perimeter for a while astrally for a while, Yael showers and leaves home to  Charly's Bar'n Grill. She is wearing a classy black dress and conceal a gun on her left thigh. It is her trusty Ares Predator, her very first gun that she outfitted over the years with all sorts of improvements. The gun fits her skin color perfectly due to the miraculous ruthenium polymer.

The same polymer that allows Yael to appear richer than she really is as her very expansive 'Rising Huntress' dress can appear like many possible clothes and even turn her invisible.  As Yael enters the Bar she quickly turns off all her wireless devices, including her comlink.  She is always nervous before these meets. The Johnson are usually alright, they follow rules that Yael can understand, they are part of society, it is other runners that are often dangerous as they are detached from society and are sometimes borderline sociopaths.  "You can get along with anyone... " she reminds herself as she seats on the bar.  Addressing the bartender she orders some wine, and slowly nurse her drink as she scans the place for the people she needs to meet.


Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (07:17:18/09-30-16)
bnc frowns ever so slightly after Yael's entry. She sure was a looker in that dress, and not only compared to bnc, who, despite spending more effort in looking nice than anyone of the team members hase ever seen her do, was still yet another scrawny, pale teenage girl - she had no hips, no boobs, no ass, and a look into her eyes won't make you long for her, except you're a doctor with a good heart and a feeling for responsibility. bnc hates her the instants she enters the room - she never gave a damn about her looks, but this damn night she wanted to be pretty. A single time. It's not her you hate, slitch. It's yourself. Put your money in false boobs rather than drugs, and you won't look like a zombie. Cut it out.
She averts her gaze, sees the trusted (yet disturbing) face of good ol' Slobber. Stop projecting your self-hatred to people who did well in their life. It's your fault you're all fucked up, no-one else's.
I can't allow myself to drag me down in self-pity the day Schmitt's Johnson again. I can't

"Slitch", bnc mutters under her breath, and then orders a double-shot, the cheapest on the menu.

In her efforts to distract herself, she forgets the one thing she actually intended to do: check whether or not the mysterious woman has a commlink running silent or no.

No commlink. Comes alone. Sits down, obviously waiting for someone.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:28:27/09-30-16)
Yael instinctively understands that an attractive woman seating alone at a bar attracts attention. She needs to find some companion to blend in, but whom? She looks around a bit looking for some easy mark and as she does - she notice someone that is clearly checking Yael out. A girl, Yael is used to male attention, she get plenty of that - and rejects most of it, as many men simply want what they cannot have. Female attention... is rare and far between, the girl is dressed in a tight black leather and green spikes and these leave quite an impression.

"Lets see what she really look like" thinks Yael as she opens her third eye and peer into the astral world. Looking at peoples aura's is one of Yael's most efficient gigs. Typically Debbie calls and asks Yael to check someone out. As a full mage, Yael can do that without even leaving her home.  Easy money, few seconds of work for a hundred dollars, If only Debbie had enough of this work so that Yael could sustain herself...

At that point,  Yael is without access to technology as the most cautious thing she can do is to keep off the grid. Yet, she needs to find the people she intends to meet somehow. If she cannot just identify them by observation and in the astral she'll open her link.  As a professional mage, Yael expects to identify the other runners with their unusual aura's.

[spoiler]
Assensing(auras) - bnc  (http://orokos.com/roll/441082): 13d6t5 5
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:29:36/09-30-16)
Charly's Bar & Grill is a lovely two story building with a very old-timey atmosphere of a western saloon: The bar was made from real wood and a large mirror has been installed behind the racks filled with all kinds of real alcoholica. A very enticing smell wafted from the kitchens, telling of spare ribs, mutton chops, t-bone steaks and fried chicken - the real stuff. A look into the AR menu shows that this is also reflected in the prices: Even the cheapest meal here was five times as expensive as what you usually consume.

bnc's search on Dr. Schmitt didn't return anything useful: Whatever the good Dr. had been up to in the last year, he certainly hadn't published anything about it on the matrix - or let anyone connect him to his current identity. Neither did she know which commlink he currently used - he had after all given her his after the last job.
The restaurant itself, had a host the same as those of countless other businesses, displaying infos on the food and controlling all electronics of the building.

While the runners watched each other and their environment, they became aware of an older looking orc. It took Krestov a moment before he recognized him as Mike, the janitor from the research facility. One by one the orc went to all summoned runners and told them to follow him upstairs to a secluded booth.

Dr. Schmitt waited already. He hadn't changed much since the last time the team had seen him: Tall, dark blond with ice blue eyes and rimless glasses and a surprisingly warm and genuine looking smile on his face. A quick matrix check revealed that he had no active electronics of any kind on him.
"Ah, welcome. Have a seat, orders are on me. Mike would you kindly close the door and get the security measures going? Thanks."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (13:13:56/10-01-16)
Months of living on the edge of society.  Months of keeping a low profile and not to attract attention...something that can be a challenge for someone of his stature, but he made it work.  Sustaining himself by performing the tasks befitting a migrant worker, he kept his head down and mouth shut, living mostly off the bike and van for quite some time.   As he was the least implicated in that fateful assassination, he took it upon himself to stow away the team's more conspicuous gear in a nondescript storage unit.  But now getting that contact from Schmidt....and the following text from Slobbertooth, the harried-looking troll straightened up for the first time in a while.  Now...he had purpose again.

Renting out a motel for an hour, he managed to clean himself up, redonning his gear, the armored clothes that made him the unstoppable wall he was built to be.  Grabbing the gear, he loaded up the van and proceeded to the restaurant.  Once there, he confirmed his arrival with Slobbertooth in a brief text before heading inside.

His longcoat, worn to stave off the November rain, concealed much of him at first, but it was evident that his time off the radar had an effect on him.  His face sported a couple lines, making him look a few years older, and as he approached the area where Slobbertooth and bnc were sitting, it was increasingly clear he had put on some weight as well.   His eyes caught the myriad of faces lingering about, her cybernetic blues logging them in case as he acknowledged his teammates with a grunt.  He barely got any more words in before he spotted Mike, and the troll grunted as well to indicate recognition.

When it was his turn, he followed the older orc into the back room, moving slowly and measuredly as he sat down, seeing the team that assembled...
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (02:06:53/10-02-16)
[spoiler]
Rolls for my following post:Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/441872): 9d6t5 7
Judge Intentions (http://orokos.com/roll/441873): 7d6t5 2
Magic Theory (http://orokos.com/roll/441875): 13d6t5 3

What you find out by assensing her:
First, and most insistent impression: bnc's state of mind is a highly-complex whirlwind of emotions and cognitions that almost causes headache to perceive. Whereas many people have one dominant emotion, or two intermingling, in bnc's case it is a weird and complex mixture. You can sense hatred, fear, shame, envy, spontaneous anger, clear calm focus and a deep sullen sadness, each of them coming not in one, but two or three varieties, all present at once. At the moment, shame and anger are dominant, but even these facettes are even changing while you have a look on her. Assensing her is slightly depressing, the astral equivalent of watching a documentary about child prostitution or something.

Still, your astral senses are sharp and you can read way more than that in her aura: It's damaged. The faint colors tell you, despite the fact that her aura is very effective, that substance abuse and undernourishment have left severe marks. The girl's an addict, clear as rain, but at least sober at the moment. Also, you can locate mostly off-the-shelve cyberware in her head (three of them covering all of her brain, one a chunk of black roughly the size of her palm), in both of her hands, a small system of wires and pieces distributed between her heart and her head, a datajack and a replacement of both her hair and parts of her skin (head and shoulders). Her essence rating is 4.41.[/spoiler]

What? 50 nuyen for a shot?? Jesus, back home I can live two days off this... bnc hesitates before ordering, and withdraws. She's got to keep up her pennies until she finds a proper source o' them. Her eyes dart to the woman nervously. Then their eyes meet. bnc, though growing just a tinge paler, faces her gaze. Then she sees a small flicker in Yael's eyes. She can't put her finger on it, but something had caused the flicker. A message?
No. She's got no commlink switched off.
Wait. No commlink. Female, obviously no warrior. Waiting in a place like this. For ... For Gerhard? There's only one way she can gather information without ANY online gear. Only one thing our team lacks and direly needed before. Can she be..?


bnc's stomach contracts like a fist. She immediately averts her gaze, but too late to prevent Yael from seeing the terror and the shame in bnc's eyes.
She Assensed me. This is so embarassing. That slut, impossible for me to read with everything turned off, can read every fucking shit. 'Anorexic drug addict, disrupted mental status, psycho' is practically tattoed on my forehead.
bnc focusses on the plate of wood before her face. For Slobbertooth and Krestov, who's just entering the room, her discomfort is as obvious as a startled rhino would be. It's like she could strip me down with her gaze alone. I feel naked. Exposed. To this perfect, beautiful, rich, cool magician.
I need to go to the restroom, Slob. I-I got something in my eye... bnc shuts her eyes, lest Slob sees her upcoming tears, but her voice is about to crack.

Mike arrives at the most unlucky moment. Excuse me, sempai, I'll be right back.
Not waiting for an answer, bnc rushes into the restroom.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:53:39/10-02-16)
Yael observes bnc and summarizes for herself "Definitely a shadow-runner, not a sociopath" the girl clearly has emotional issues, drug issues and issues about issues, but she does not appear the be the murdering kind. "With all these head augmentations she is probably smarter than myself, a rigger perhaps."  By association, she also assenses the orc next to her, his aura appears mundane at first but then there is something beyond that impression, a mask. "An initiated awakened, now I am definitely looking at the right people. He is too skilled for me to see much more than that though."
She sighs "Initiated awakened, expensive augmentations, I may be above of my pay grade."
Yael is about to initiate conversation with another guy that is alone at the bar when Mike sends for her.

"Here goes, make a good impression" She thinks to herself as she walks gracefully toward the private booth.

[spoiler]
I assumed that Yael assensed also Slober and for 1 net hit basically she knows that he is awakened (and initiated - so she'll be a bit intimidated as a non initiated mage).

Bnc's 7 hits in perception are enough to notice that Yael pays with a credstick and that she is not really waiting for anyone to join her - her eyes do not intuitively scan anyone that walks into the room. She seems a bit distracted, as if she is interacting with AR - coupled with the fact that she has no active wireless devices assensing is a logical conclusion.   Also, Yael is a bit anxious, though not at the crisis levels of bnc. She is comfortable with the dress she is wearing, and with the attention it brings her.

If bnc is interested in fashion she can probably place the model 'Rising Huntress' a very expensive dress with Ruthenium polymer that can dramatically change it appearance and even render the wearer nearly invisible.  (Mechanically a sleeping tiger -  fluffed to be something a lady would wear).
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (12:47:14/10-02-16)
Slobbertooth sighs, but goes into the room to find Krestov. Just like old times

Putting a hand on his shoulder, Slob brought himself to Krestov's ear as he move towards his seat "Special K, if you wouldn't mind going to check on bianca. You're better at this. I'll put in your order for you.".

"Konbanwa. Sorry about the smell everyone. It's been a long couple of weeks. Was going some pro-bono cases and ended up doing some cycles holed-up in then Barrens." Slobbertooth took a seat a bit farther away from the rest of the occupants out of courtesy after shaking hands with Schmidt. "Hisashiburi."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:04:53/10-02-16)
Schmitt took the hand and shook it warmly: "Kochirakoso. It's no matter, the meeting had to be short notice for security reasons. But no need to hurry now, as you know I like to get to business after the meal. I hear the steak and potatoes are great."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (18:24:48/10-02-16)
Devon will follow the ork and find a seat in the middle of the table, not too close or too far from the man waiting.  He nods to the host and places a dinner order, what ever the specialty of the house is.  Once everyone is seated he will look around the table, taking in a general sense of the group without concerning himself with specifics.  They looked capable, and they seemed to be familiar with and on good terms with their potential employer, he hoped that boded well for the job.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (00:29:06/10-03-16)
bnc vanishes into the ladies' restroom and shuts the door behind her. She lets some cold water run over her face, then looks into the mirror, taking a deep breath.

Pull yourself together, Bianca. What pathetic show is that you're pulling off? Crying 'cuz some styled up model's got all them boobs you never had? This ain't a Volksschul field trip. Calm down, stupid. This is Johnson, waiting outside. Gerhard. There might be a new team member in your party. Relax!

Relax. Her muscles almost move unconsciously. Without really knowing it, bnc suddenly has a small plastic bag in her hands. She opens the zip and removes a slivery patch. Her fingers are shaking.

[spoiler]url=http://orokos.com/roll/442118]Addiction Resistance[/url]: 13d6t5 2[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:39:49/10-03-16)
Yael enters the room, quietly and look around her. Dr. Schmidt seems to be a man of money, or so he wants to be perceived. She respectfully curtsy and introduce herself  as "Anna" to the Jhonson and runners, she then takes  seat.

Yael is an average height and clearly human. She is attractive, well mannered and move with grace. Yael is thin but not in the elven standard that would require an eating disorder for a human to achieve. She is curvy and busty and though not thin or tall enough to be a model but she makes the best out of what nature has handed her.  She appears healthy, and well beyond her lifestyle as her appearance is enhanced by with professional use of cosmetics, well beyond what most women can do. In fact, Yael could have opened a beauty saloon. Her brown eyes appear just a little bit larger and inviting and her eye lashes are just long enough. Her skin appears to be perfect and her lips are deliciously thick. Yael compliments that look with a gorgeous black dress with a generous cleavage and complimenting black heels. 

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (07:54:21/10-03-16)
Krestov moved slowly, his eyes half shut when Slobbertooth passed him by.  With a small look, he bowed his head to their Johnson and stood up, straightening the coat around his suit as a man and a well-dressed human woman came in...likely using the same tailor as his suit.  Interesting...

"A moment.  Please pardon..."  The troll rumbled out in his thick Russian accent, turning to depart from the back room, heading down the side hall to where the facilities were at.  Stopping just outside the ladies' room, the big guy leaned himself against the wall by the door before giving it a little thump, pulling up his commlink to reach her in their private channel.

An image of himself in his current state, for better or worse, appeared before her, eyes staring softly as he knelt down to speak at eye level, interrupting her current ritual.

<<"Hello again, malyutka.  I never got to thank you for the shirt...This time as fugitives...it's been challenging.  But this may clear us up...get us back on our feet.  It looks like we have some new faces to work with...I know that isn't easy since Bluebird, but...well, sometimes that happens.  You do what you do, and you're the best at it.>>"  A flicker of a smile fell on his features.  <<"You're not getting replaced anytime soon.  They would have kill me for it, yeah?">>

[spoiler]for RP purposes: Cha+Int (http://orokos.com/roll/442164): 6d6t5 4  [/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: badneighbor on (11:33:44/10-03-16)
Kite pushed her way through the restaurant doors, only moderately successful in her attempt to look like she hadn’t rushed to get there on time. Internally she kicked herself for taking that extra time to clean herself up; she knew that if anyone should be punctual it should be the driver.

She was wearing her old, worn-out black combat boots and dark green army-style cargo pants, loose around her legs and belted low around her hips. Her shirt was ¾ sleeve baseball-style undershirt with a bold, black X on the chest, visible through the brown leather jacket she wore open over it. Her midriff didn’t show unless she moved her arms in a particular way to make her shirt rise up an inch or two. She was in decent shape but by no means an athlete. She wore a modest amount of makeup, most notably bright green lipstick that matched the green streaks in her otherwise black hair, cut short and tied back with a black paisley bandanna. The right side of her face bore a large, wicked looking scar and her right eye was clearly aritificial.

She stood 5’9”, maybe an inch or two taller due to her boots, which was on the taller side for a human woman. It allowed her to make long enough strides into the room to cover the distance quickly. Just as she was about to pull up at the bar, an elderly orc approached her and quietly asked him to join the group upstairs. She regarded him for a moment, having just realized she’d been in such a rush that she’d failed to have a look around at the other faces nearby. She nodded and headed toward the stairs, making it a point this time to have a look at the other individuals the orc had approached. A woman in a black dress headed in that direction, as did young man carrying some sort of bag, a large, tired-looking troll in a longcoat, and a disheveled orc in a respirator. Kite caught a whiff of him from several paces behind and winced, wishing she had a respirator of her own. The older orc had also spoken to a young, thin girl, but she’d gone running toward the restroom instead of upstairs. Kite watched her go with mild curiosity.

Upstairs, a tall blue-eyed man awaited them. The smelly orc spoke quietly to the troll before moving on to greet the man, and the troll pushed his way back out of the room and downstairs. Kite pressed herself against the wall to let him by, and then selected a seat for herself at the middle of the table, across from the young man.

When it comes her time to order, she asks for a beer and some sort of seafood.

[spoiler]Kite is wearing her armored jacked but left her helmet, mask, and armguards in the car. She has a large smuggling compartment in her cyberleg (capacity 5). The Lockheed Optic is listed as a small-sized drone so at GM’s discretion, if it fits in the compartment that’s what she’ll do. Otherwise she’ll have her MCT Fly-Spy stored in there. All other drones will be in the car as well, along with her RCC. And of course she has her cyber SMG in her right arm.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (12:59:42/10-03-16)
"Krestov... What are you doing here..? I'm ... I'm all right. I'll just have to ... f-"
bnc sighs, inaudibly to Krestov, then takes a moment to bring some order in her thoughts.

"That model? What - are we chosing our companions by the size of their titties now? I... This is so embarassing, Krestov. This is the worst first impression ever... She ... Damn, I believe she's a mage. She...
I dunno why I'm asking you at all, but can I take a bit of Whoom? Just half a patch, promise. I-I'd prop myself up with a tiny, half dose of bananadust, so I won't be sleepy. Do you remember it? You liked me a lot when we tried it. Just a hint to make the pain go. You're okay with it, aren't you?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:10:07/10-03-16)
Schmitt seemed to be entirely unfazed by the comings and goings, just shaking hands with everyone who would stay long enough to do so. When he saw Kite order the fried fish he just smiled and murmured: "Und das nachdem ich endlich ein gutes Bar&Grill Restaurant gefunden habe..."
[spoiler](For those with translation software or able to speak German: "And that after I finally found a good Bar&Grill restaurant...")[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (18:21:26/10-03-16)
When Devon's well done steak arrived, he dug into it with gusto, the long sleeves of his skinny arms occasionally pulling to show the golden bracers he wore on his forearms.  It wasn't that he was particularly hungry, but he enjoyed a good steak when it was well made.  Still, the effect of his somewhat painfully thin frame eating with such vigor made him look like a refugee of the Eurowars that hadn't eaten in a week.

The illusion did not extend over his mulatto skin to his eyes, there was no hunger in them, he simply observed, taking it all in.  Quiet, intelligent, thoughtful, he simply watched and waited, and ate.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (06:34:19/10-04-16)
Yael shakes Dr. Shmitt's hand and move to order from the menu, a real steak is an opportunity that she cannot easily pass out - especially if she did not have to butter up some businessman with false promises to get it. Nevertheless she eats the stake as if she is used to that kind of eating. Street kids need to be playful with their emotions to survive - be overly grateful and the next day you are exploited. That meal was a power play to butter them up in negotiations, of course it was. Well fed people are more optimistic and do not think all the way through about the dangers of that job. That said, Yael did not feel like a professional runner quite yet, and it was unlikely that she will be the one to negotiate. So that was somebody else's problem Yael could enjoy the meal and the company.

Yael assenses the man next to her (Devon) - she cannot miss the large variety of foci the man is carrying and that his magic is stronger than her's. Clearly a superior and more experienced mage.   She feels underwhelmed "Fake it and get a pay day that will get you out of the gutter" She thinks. Trying to break the ice she says: "I am Anna, I study magic for practitioners at Seattle's university, I am close to graduation and you are?"
[spoiler]
I notice that both of them are following the same mentor spirit by the way, perhaps this can come up sometime.  Assense Devon (http://orokos.com/roll/442460): 13d6t5 6
feel free to add stuff to what Yael senses.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (07:55:15/10-04-16)
"Krestov... What are you doing here..? I'm ... I'm all right. I'll just have to ... f-"
bnc sighs, inaudibly to Krestov, then takes a moment to bring some order in her thoughts.

"That model? What - are we chosing our companions by the size of their titties now? I... This is so embarassing, Krestov. This is the worst first impression ever... She ... Damn, I believe she's a mage. She...
I dunno why I'm asking you at all, but can I take a bit of Whoom? Just half a patch, promise. I-I'd prop myself up with a tiny, half dose of bananadust, so I won't be sleepy. Do you remember it? You liked me a lot when we tried it. Just a hint to make the pain go. You're okay with it, aren't you?"

Krestov's form stiffened a bit, looking off to a side for a moment, clearly collecting his thoughts at his known thinking speed as he turned, offering a smile.  "Hm.  If Bianca believe bust important, would have taken Krestov's joke offer months ago seriously.  I am sure was not our choice who pick.  Beside, meet yet to happen.  First impression not happen..."

"...you know that even if I said no, I couldn't stop you, malyutka.  I've never been dictator of life.  What would say, though, is that maybe being under influence may give that bad impression you so worry about."
  He paused, looking down with hands in his pockets.  "We were in the moment with that one yes..but the moments  I remember the most are the ones I do remember.   But like Krestov said, choice is yours.  Will be here and will meet Schmidt with you when ready, okay?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (09:09:59/10-04-16)
Slobbertooth just sipped his water, and picked at his rib-eye while he waited for Krestov to get back. Taking a bite or two and then quickly recovering his mouth with the respirator while he chewed. It hardly lessened the experience of eating genuine sanitary food that was properly prepared for the first time in a month. He'd ordered Krestov some surf and turf. He noticed the room was rather uneasy. Not tense, but there wasn't any chatter until Anna introduced herself. Slobber had expected the good Dr. to handle the introductions, but perhaps the people joining them were also independent contractors hired through a contact.

Her announcement that she was a mage made him feel better that he had started masking himself out of habit. Hopefully it had held up. He was still rather new to the whole idea.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (11:40:11/10-04-16)
"I go by the handle of Flatline, a razor that I worked with decided it was appropriate given my medical skills.  I am a mage as well, no formal training just what I could pick up from my mother and the streets."  Devon felt a bump in the back of his mind *my apologies, Great One*  "The Protector has been generous with its knowledge as well."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:25:20/10-04-16)
Yael thought "He even has a handle, of course he is not going to tell people his name. I am such a noob, for not having a cool handle." She smiled "Well you are lucky to have someone so close to learn from." When he mentioned the protector Yael's heart skipped a bit, different traditions and different people call mentors different names, but could his protector - be her matriarch bear? As much as it is her, Yael has never really interacted with her mentor. She liked the image of a strong dominant female that protects her cubs, and so Yael was drawn into physical fitness, health magic and a deep sense of honor, sometimes despite herself. She felt silly to even mention it to a person that admitted that a divine entity teaches him magic.
"This is very impressive, Flatline, and what about you guys?" She looked at Slobber and Kite. She was careful not to eat while she talked, and timed their response to get a quick bite of fries. 

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (13:10:40/10-04-16)
Slobbertooth would have speak over the noise and interference of his respirator or speak over the noise of him stuffing steak into his mouth. Recognizing that, he did his best to keep things simple.

"I'm Slobbertooth. I dust people. Usually with guns. Sometimes I sneak up on people before I dust 'em. I like to take long walks on the beach with my dog."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (14:35:39/10-04-16)
"Yeah, like I'm gonna do a big impression the way I am right now. You know, Big Un, it's never about what you are. It's what people want you to be."
For an instant, an image of her gruesome matrix persona appears in front of her regular icon, reminding him of that particular part of her view of the world. The mask smiles a wry smile, the robotic head behind it motionless.
"They want me to work, honey. Not to be myself. I'm coming, you can already go and make yourself comfortable. No need to taint your image as well... Krestov."
Her voice turns ever so slightly strange as she utters his name, then she cuts the connection.

Inhales.
Exhales.
Looks into the mirror.
And decides to wash away Bianca.

As promised, she cuts the silvery patch in her hands in two. One she puts on her neck, then carefully covers it with one green spike of hair. The other half she puts again into her boot. From a small bag stuffed into the concealable holster, bnc retreives a bit of yellow powder. She shapes the small crystals into a short, thin line, then snuffs it in. A moment she considers to sit down to enjoy the bizarre mixtures of the calming effects of Whoom and the agitating effects of bananadust, but then decides against it. She can't allow herself to relax and give in to the substances. She's in charge. This she can control. It's a petty trick. Just an illusion of control. Luckily, it works anyway.

Slowly beginning to feel calm again, regaining control over herself, her body, her mood, she straightens up. Let's see what he's more attracted to, wizzie slitch, wits or tits.

After quickly storing away the drugs, washing her face and talking a gulp of water, she slams open the door and heads up to the rest of the party...
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:05:44/10-04-16)
When Krestov and bnc joined the little party, Schmitt visibly lit up: "Ah, Bi... bnc. How lovely to see you again. Alright, seems like we are complete for now. As I am informed, Torrent wasn't available right now. I hope he'll join this group at a later time.
You already introduced yourself to each other, but let me say a few words to this too:
Flatline, Yael, Kite, I'm afraid I am adding you to an existing team - bnc, Krestov, Slobbertooth and the currently absent Torrent have helped me a year ago with a very difficult and dangerous mission, that ultimately saved my life. I don't forget that kind of service. But for the coming operation - should you choose to be part of it - I think it prudent to add the abilities of a dedicated rigger and two mages to your number.

I have to admit that I followed your exploits since that fateful mission - keeping an eye on promising talent is part of being a successful Johnson.
Therefore I was more than impressed regarding your latest... actions. Luckily, I think I can help you with your current... predicament. But more on that at a more opportune time."

He stopped as the desserts were carted in by Mike. Without so much as a glance he placed a bowl of what smelled and looked suspiciously like some kind of muesli-yogurt in front of bnc.

While Schmitt took a piece of tiramisu he continued: "I like to think that I take good care of my employees. This particular run will be a very high paying job - we are talking 6 to 7 figures, but with a corresponding challenge.
It also requires that you commit to it once I divulge the details. So all I can tell you now is: It is a run against a well secured target. And it happens to be part of Aztechnologies assets."

He made a pause. "On the plus side, you won't have to travel far and there is a generous time frame in which you can complete this mission.
So, if you want out, I welcome you to take some of this exquisite dessert with you, but anything more requires you to commit."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (15:36:46/10-04-16)
Jeez, he is one charming fella. He even remembered my, well, eating habits. If only I had met him in a techno bar, and not as my Johnson. Who knows...

bnc takes a small spoon of the muesli. She didn't have fresh, real fruits in a while, and the milk seemed to be real, not soymilk. She hopes it won't make her belly ache - she had not eaten lactose in a while. On the other hand, it might well be lactose-free. bnc again concentrates on Dr. Schmitt, this time in a more professional matter. I'm my old me again. Clear. Focussed.

Before Gerhard completed speaking, bnc has already put up a text-based invisible teamspeak channel. She sends a text message to Krestov and Slobbertooth, waiting for them to reply without rising suspision.

<@team <money sounds neat but the important thing is he might clear us. i trust him - he didnt pull us over last time. aztec's evil but we ran against them already. i'd be in. what do the professionals say?>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:36:43/10-04-16)
Slobbertooth would have speak over the noise and interference of his respirator or speak over the noise of him stuffing steak into his mouth. Recognizing that, he did his best to keep things simple.

"I'm Slobbertooth. I dust people. Usually with guns. Sometimes I sneak up on people before I dust 'em. I like to take long walks on the beach with my dog."

A chill goes down Yael's spine as Slobertooth speaks so casually about 'dusting' people. It is not that Yael has not used violence before, and frankly she is good at sneaking as well, most street kids should be. She was never casual with a kill, she usually tried to avoid it if she could, her gun was for self defense, not for 'dusting'.

"I wonder what kind of gig this is going to be, with an initiated adept that kill's people for a living." The realization that Slober does not even try to be nice - or worse he tries and does not even realize how terrifying he is. Perhaps part of it is because he does not take the respirator even to talk, and well everyone sound creepy with a respirator - especially if that particular one is an assassin nothing more nothing less.  "Now I get it why I should use a handle rather than my name dammit, what am doing in this room."  She thinks - Yael has to admit that the world seems darker now that Slobertooth knows her name.

When bnc and Krestov enter she thinks.
"Then come the drug addict chic and the troll the way that chic looked she must have had a breakdown. So fragile and yet part of a core team of professionals. Of hardcore runners, I wander what triggered her so badly - she is eating musli perhaps she is vegetarian or even vegan. Otherwise why not have some delicious meat?!  Poor unstable beautiful soul."

When she sees Krestov she thinks
"The troll, whats his story - well he is a troll a big and strong one - perhaps in the shadows being a troll is a profession. Yet, he seems sort of handsome, delicious... He could probably lift me with a single hand...

Focus Yael...
Clearly the alpha male.
I think, grr... "

She almost feels bad when she assenses him as it distracts her from his big blue eyes. 
[spoiler]
Assense Krestov (http://orokos.com/roll/442569): 13d6t5 4
[/spoiler]
Yael knows that staring is not polite so she just do it a little and then move to focus on the Johnson reminding herself that this is not T-date but a dangerous gig - with a scary orc assassin.

She feels overwhelmed when the Johnson speak of so many digits and such a high profile target, going against a triple A is incomprehensible - of course it is just a single facility a theft probably if he pays so much... Yael loves stealing stuff - it reminds her of her childhood. She remains silent, and look around her to see what the others are thinking.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (22:59:53/10-04-16)
*six to SEVEN digit payday?*

Devon almost didn't hear the rest of the spiel, a payday like that would let him end this life a lot sooner than he had planned to, he could hire someone to help his father at the clinic and go to school full time!

Word of who the target was brought him out of the clouds, he wasn't afraid of the Pyramid People, in fact they were a frequent target of the groups that his mother, and him, supported.  But you had to be careful with the Azzies, they played dirty. and they played for keeps.

Another issue occurred to him, and before he could stop himself he gave voice to it.

"Is that an individual payoff or for the group as a whole?"

He tried to shut his stupid mouth with apple crumble, before he could shine his newbie hoop for more public display.  He dared not look at anyone but the Johnson, fairly sure he would crawl under the table under the disapproving gaze of these professionals.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (23:37:34/10-04-16)
If Slobbertooth was a bit more aware he might have felt the need to give a "Don't fuck teammates or employers" speech. But he was distracted by his steak and and Schmidt's discussion of work. The prospect of real work that didn't relate to drug wars between tinmen and naturals in the barrens would have been hard to pass up on before the Dr. laid out the carrot that he could go back home. The tidbit about Azzies being part of the opposition cooled his rockets, though. He sent Krestov a quick text >>How is bnc holding up? Last time we dealt with blood mages she nearly fragged herself out of fear."

Talk of specifics could wait, first Slobbertooth needed to gauge the newbies. He fought through his own stench to make sure he spoke clearly.

"While I respect the Doctor's ability to find good talent, he did hire us, I'd like do so some last minute vetting myself. I've got two questions for you. Have any of you fought, ideally incapacitated, a blood magic user or a blood elemental? What about a Corp's HTR Team?"

Slobber would have been impressed if any said yes to both as he didn't expect most runners to make it out of either situation in one-piece and also willing to take on the same type of job. The question was more a way to "enlighten" the 3 as to what their worst case scenario was.

While they mulled it over he looked to Schmidt with a question clarifying the job. "You said no details, but you only said we're going after a target. I think it's fair to ask if this is wetwork."



Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:26:12/10-05-16)
Schmitt smiled at Flatline: "Per individual.
And no, ideally there won't be any deaths."

bnc noticed that the yogurt was made from real milk but the sweetness hinted at the fact that it didn't have lactose in it. This reminded her of the fact that Schmitt was in fact a medical doctor and a bio-engineer to boot... and that he had had access to their medical data during the hibernation in the Jonas pods.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (06:20:56/10-05-16)
bnc swallows inaudibly. 6 to 7 digits per head? This ... Schmitt ain't gonna spend several million nuyens on monkey business. This might be my way into a proper life. Or out of life entirely...

Focussing on the soothing effects of the drug in her system, she slowly dips the spoon into the muesli, waiting for the others to respond and thus tear the sullen silence. She's still the cup, she won't make any decision or blurt out any stupid questions. Instead, she casts Gerhard genuine warm smile intermingled with admiration. This extend of attentiveness, coupled with sheer intelligence, turns her on to no extent. Another reason you should shut the fuck up. Life-and-death-decisions can't be made with a clouded mind.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (08:08:26/10-05-16)
"Maybe some don't care for face put on..."  Krestov muttered after bnc cut their connection.  Leaning against the wall, he let out a sigh before following her suggestion, ambling up the steps and adjusting his Sleeping Tiger and Longcoat on his person.  Activating his pheremones, he opened the door and re-entered, seeing the familiar and not-so-familiar faces.  Seeing a plate of halibut and steak, he gave a nod to Slobbertooth in thanks before taking a seat, placed strategically so that Schmidt would face directly at the big guy while facing forward.

Sitting down, he straightened his coat as he fired a quick text to Slobbertooth.  <<What did I miss?  Intros?>>  before digging in, hearing the small human girl enter in behind her, decidedly more peppy in her step.  I guess she chose he shrugged a bit as he looked to each of the new people in turn, the ork adept's response logged into memory as he viewed each one with a respectful nod.

Pulling his blonde mane back, the troll put his fork and knife down once the Johnson got into the brass tacks.  Like always, he was not the first to respond...letting Flatline give his impulsive response (not unexpected) and Slobbertooth to go into brunt queries.  Aztech...not unfamiliar.  But unless they've evolved their tech, they are not impossible.  And if so, we have improved too...  Bringing his hands up to his face, his elbows rested gently on the table as the behemoth of a troll looked Schmidt over.

"For such big price, Schmidt must desire target much...if not wetwork, then it is retrieval, da, mix with heavy resistance?"  His thick Russian accent rolled off his tongue, a brow raised as he waited for the answer.

<<Say what will, I trust Schmidt to not screwing us on this.  Might be worth it>>

[spoiler]@Yael's assensing:

The biggest and most prominent aspect of this troll is his emotional state, which one might sum up to be some state of melancholy.  There is a protective nature about him, as well as a longing need to be of use, to help.  At the moment, weariness seems to pervade him as well, and his health is a bit of a far cry from optimal.

With that roll, it is clear that he has undergone some extensive augmentation, showing signs of moderate-to-high essence loss.  However, much of it must be in bioware, as she can only see that his blue eyes are cybernetic, as well as the datajack on him.  I'm not sure what else would be covered, but I think that sums it up[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: badneighbor on (09:46:05/10-05-16)
Kite sat quietly, eating her dinner and listening carefully to the others around the table. She noted that the two most put-together were also the newest, along with herself.

"I go by the handle of Flatline, a razor that I worked with decided it was appropriate given my medical skills.”

I wonder if that’s a joke, she thought, smiling slightly as she took a sip of her pilsner. I would not trust a doctor named “Flatline” any more than I would a rigger named “Carfire” or a fighter named… she shrugged a little. I don’t know. “Spineless”, maybe.

When the time came to make introductions, she waited and followed Slobbertooth’s example of brevity: “I am called Kite,” she said. Then, after a beat, added “because I fly.” Her South American accent is noticeable.

Kite studied the troll and the thin girl when they arrived. They looked as experienced as Slobbertooth, and based on the way they reacted toward one another, she assumed they had all worked together before. Schmitt then gave his pitch, and Kite did her very best to contain her reaction not only to the price tag, but also the target. Back home, most of her smuggling runs had been in and out of Amazonia, but she’d taken more than a few trips into Azzie territory. This was as close to her wheelhouse as she felt she might ever get. The money was just a bonus, really. She could repay some of Delaney’s generosity in helping her start a new life.

“I have faced Aztech before and lived,” she offered carefully, “I am not afraid to do it again.”
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:18:30/10-05-16)
Yael thought "Face a blood mage?!  HTR team?! We are criminals not soldiers."  She feels uneasy about the direction the conversation is going so she decides to speak her mind. Hoping that Slobbertooth is not going to veto her for her big mouth.
She said: "No mr. Slobbertooth I have never faced a cooperate HTR team and have never been in combat with a blood mage."

"Stupid girl, you admitted being green and clueless... " She thought.

Yet she continued - and an even the intimidating Orc was not so intimidating when Yael figured that now she has nothing to hide. 
"I am green but I am a perceptive person and can identify a blood mage before it is obvious and I can protect you from his magic"
She paused shortly and as she gained some confidence she took a step toward Slobbertooth and even directly looked at him, right to the eyes of her monster.
"I am no liability even in a gunfight, but I prefer to solve problems with subterfuge rather than with direct confrontation."

After a short break she continued:

"I am good with disguises and can bullshit my way into many places through the front door.
With a triple A, I would not dare to do it without a nova hot decker on my side, one that can bullshit cooperate level systems. These are difficult to come by. "

She shakes her head and continue
"What I am saying is that I want to be rich as much as the next guy, but I need to be convinced that we can pull this job without leaving a trail of bodies, and surviving an encounter with an HTR team and with Blood mages, money becomes worthless if we die."

"That's right girl - bring the initiative to this intimidating Slobber guy, let him convince YOU that this team has the necessary skills to pull off something like that. " She thought.

Needless to mention, Yael has never faced this kind of high profile target - but if they got all the skill needed then she'll want in on that job. Especially with this kind of pay check.  Yes, Yael is green and inexperienced - but she is a mage and well these are difficult to come by. If magic is a concern then Yael can do things that few others can. Perhaps the super mage Flatline can do them, but he is just one person and might as well die of a random bullet, such an expensive operation justifies redundancy.  She hopped that Slobber would not veto her for disagreeing with him or for being completely green with regards to the levels of danger and violence he anticipates. 
 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (15:02:42/10-05-16)
Slobbertooth blinked and shrugged. "I didn't ask for your resume, and I'm not the person hiring you, but good answer I guess."

"We hadn't seen a blood mage before we shot it in the head after puking our guts out. Confidence will get you a long way in this drek profession."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (15:07:02/10-05-16)
bnc fixes her, then smiles. Yael, if still perceiving astrally, can now clearly perceive that her aura is ... changed. If not, a very keen eye might see the slightly too big pupils lying on her.
"I am a decker", she says firmly, "but ya got to get me out of 'em clothes if ya wanna see whether I'm hot."

I do hope that boobie doll has at least enough wits to get simple word plays. Better point out clearly, I guess...

"At least hot enough to bring down a heavily armed blood mage using a fire sprinkler system, a couple of low-energy light-bulbs and a cleaning drone."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:33:29/10-05-16)
Yael nodded at Slobber, she was in - at least she thought she was and if the professionals thought they could pull it off, then who was Yael to disagree.  She scoffed at bnc's joke and just said "Careful what you wish for decker girl..."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (16:00:06/10-05-16)
W-What? Is she l- serious? Either way, she's at least sharp-tongued. Never draw back.

bnc smiles broadly, yellow-crystal-shaped warmth flowing through her body. She decides to append her reply to her boasting from before: "Take care. You don't know what I can do with a rubber gum and a security pin..."

She turns from Yael, knowing that the impression might sway from "quick with the tongue" to "bantering child" in the blink of an eye. Instead she faces Kite, acknowledging her experience with a nod. "It's great to know people around who know their business. So you'd be our rigger, right? May I ask - without any specifics at this point - what your specialization might be - drones? Planes? Matchbox cars?"

<@team <So? What do you think? We can't delay our answer forever, boys.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:19:46/10-05-16)
To Krestov's comment he said: "Very astute of you. Yes, this mission is a heist with a certain object for me and a certain amount of riches for you."
Schmitt kept eating his dessert, letting the runners get to know each other before they committed.
When he had finished he only said: "Well? Are you ready for high risk - high reward?"

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (18:55:23/10-05-16)
"I'm in."

Devon still didn't trust himself to speak, and only looked around after he put himself on the line.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (06:48:32/10-06-16)
Yael said: "I am in if Sprinklers is in"  she clearly meant bnc and was taunting her for the decking boasting. She said that in good spirit and a hint of a smile. The decker girl never introduced herself, so Yael took the liberty of assigning her a nickname. After all even if she did introduce herself she'd just give them a fake name like Slobbertooth, Flatline or Kite. Sprinklers was as good as any and it had a nice sound to it. 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: badneighbor on (09:12:02/10-06-16)
Kite's eyes flickered back and forth between the other two women as they verbally jousted with one another. She detected tension between the two that she hadn't noticed before, but as they spoke she became confused about what kind of tension it was. She took a spoonful of rich chocolate mousse, poorly timed, as the thin girl chose that moment to turn and ask her a question:

"It's great to know people around who know their business. So you'd be our rigger, right? May I ask - without any specifics at this point - what your specialization might be - drones? Planes? Matchbox cars?"

Taking a moment to swallow, she smiled, making eye contact with the girl.  "I am a pilot, above all. But I do it all. I have wheels, I have drones. I'm sure I could get a boat if we needed one."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (10:06:32/10-06-16)
The troll ate his meal as the banter followed.  It was clear to him he had missed format introductions, but he picked up the details he needed...Yael was a mage and a bit of a sneak, possibly socially as well.  Flatline was a medical mage of some kind.  And Kite served as a rigger.  A full team.  I almost expect a sarcastic comment from Torrent right now

  He gave a little smirk as the large meal was finished before him, his hands pushing the plate away.  Exchanging quick glances with the two faces he did know, he knew what each of their answers were.  Offering a smile, he closed his hands together and rested them on the table, each motion practiced and measured.

"High risk high reward is nature of work, particular with you, da?  Three of us are in."  sitting back in his seat, he concluded his affirmation, waiting to hear more.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:47:55/10-06-16)
"Excellent.
Now the objective of this run is in essence a bank robbery. Our target is the Harmond&Sells Private Banking Institute located on Council Island, Seattle.
The name is a bit miss-leading: This institute has the majority of its shares under control of Aztechnologies - albeit through a few straw firms.
It is a very esteemed business, favored by big drug dealers from Azlan, Slaverbarons from Nigeria and a few other high value but illegal businesses.
The bank prides itself for its absolute discretion as well as its impenetrable security.
This has been reaffirmed a month ago with the appointment of Dr. Zola Esteban. This is his retirement present from his mother corp for which he oversaw operations of his elite forces during the Amazon wars. The man is himself an accomplished magician of the Azlan tradition and well known for his ruthless efficiency.

As you might be aware, 20K MUS, the company I was lend to from S-K has been taken over by a subsidiary of Azlan. Thanks to the extraction you managed for me, I was able to preserve a portion of my research from falling into their hands, but some crucial parts vanished. It took me a while to find out who was behind that operation and it's no-one else than Zola himself.
Fittingly Azlan has stashed that missing piece of research my team had been working on for five years inside the H&S vault.

Simply spoken: I want it back.

Essen itself has cleared me for this operation since I do have a successful track record as a "Johnson". This is a make or break point for my career. I do have a small budget to get this operation started, but the real payday is the vault itself. It contains jewelry, artworks, bearer bonds, tons of credsticks as well as gold, silver and refined orichalcum. It's hard to be sure, but the amount of easily convertible assets lies between 5 and 10 million nuyen.

Any questions so far?"

Schmitt looked at them expectantly.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (11:59:11/10-06-16)
"I have a few, but I will wait for a full download before asking them."

Devon had learned to approach runs strategically, his logical mind working the issues like a difficult diagnosis.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (13:35:31/10-06-16)
Sprinklers? Nice counter, honey. Not as- Wait, what's going on here? Is she playing her f***ing tricks on me? bnc's initial smile fades. A subtle compliment roughly disguised as a semi-professional remark. Inventing a personal nickname, thus creating an artificial proximity that is hard to deny for me without being explicitly rude. All that wrapped up with a hint of humor and a smile. Not bad for a beginner, but while you may be able to seduce low-class men falling for your charms and body but Sprinklers will be a more difficult nut to crack. But this is a game I can play as well.
The smile reappears, this time fake, although it would need a very close observation to identify the falseness of it.

Once Krestov, as a spokesman for the whole party, accepted the run, bnc went back-to-business in an instant.

"Indeed. But like my teammate (she bows to him to acknowledge Devon as such) I wouldn't want to interrupt you before you're finished."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (13:55:46/10-06-16)
Slobbertooth raised his hand.

"Only one so far. Are we expected to fence the nova-hot payday of stolen goods through our own contacts?" His eyes flicked to bnc and Krestov. "That might not be the wisest choice for all of us."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:29:10/10-06-16)
Yael looked at Sprinklers thinking "If it sticks she'll grow to like it. I mean I wish someone would have given me a cool nickname." She wondered how come Sprinklers can be on one side a professional decker considerably more expirienced than her own - and on the other side - she feels the need to boast about it.
She thinks
"Perhaps she wants to slot me? May explain the crazy eyes before, but not that emotional storm she experienced. With so many emotions, who knows what she really feels about me - she is not indifferent though."
  Actually, Sprinklers had Yael at "I am a decker", as the power to mess up with computers was mysterious and magical to Yael. In fact, anything technical appeared out of reach to the young street rat and Yael had a soft spot for geeks.

She looked at the doctor - she wondered how the fuck are they going to break into a bank and empty its vault.  Perhaps Doctor Shmitt, first blinds us with greed - and then when the details are known, we actually end up doing a very expensive job for bullshit and peanuts. That was some brilliant pitch.  She looked at Slobber and nodded - she wanted to say the same thing exactly.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:37:21/10-06-16)
Schmitt shook his head: "No offence, but I wouldn't expect you to come up with an art dealer of such high caliber. Fortunately I do know some people in Europe that can take care of that side of the deal quite reliably. Although I'm sure your friend the Sunkid would find someone in Hong Kong to buy your loot. The old fox is quite resourceful.

About the plan:

As you can imagine, I wouldn't undertake such a venture without doing my homework.

The bank might appear invincible: A foundation with 1 m thick plastcrete walls, a time locked, half meter thick titanium steel save door with tungsten hardening, a military grade drone/agent controlling the buildings defenses, an eight-man guard squad on duty at all times with relieve no more than 5 minutes away, one remote decker/rigger as well as a six-pack of watchers ready to alert an Aztech trained mage to send his spirits after magic users. Not to mention that Zola himself likes to work late and at times sleeps in his office, which necessitates that his two bodyguards stay with him. Those are Ramirez Escobar, an Ex-Jaguar/Physical Adept that loves his bladework and Kynos a remorseless mercenary with enough chrome inside him to almost qualify him as a cyber zombie.

But as so often with great security systems the human factor is its greatest flaw: Zola is a perfectionist and a micro-manager. He possesses an override code for the safe's time lock.
It took me some serious foot work, but I managed to get hold of the duty plans for the coming two months. I know which mage is supposed to be on watcher duty, which decker is supposed to be logged in and I am also in possession of detailed floor plans of the building.
I am also in the favorable position to have seven open visa for council island. This is maybe our greatest advantage: Thanks to their obfuscation tricks, the bank is not real AAA territory, therefore its in theory under Salish-Shidhe jurisdiction. This means Zola can't just call KE for help or bring in other specialists at short notice. All permanent off-duty personal is therefore housed in a hotel vis-a-vis the bank. And since they can't carry their heavy artillery with them, they have to equip in the bank's armory before they can do anything.

My preliminary plan is threefold:
1) Gain somehow access to Zola's personal effects and find the override key
2) Find the on-duty mage in his home and make sure that he isn't available for overwatch
3) Find the decker/rigger and likewise disable them from direct interference

With that it's just a matter of gaining access to the building, strolling down into the vault, emptying all lock boxes and leaving Council Island for Seattle."

Schmitt smiled and added: "Of course nothing is ever easy or convenient and there is a lot to be done and figured out before that, but we have about two months to find solutions, before the duty rooster becomes out of date."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:17:43/10-06-16)
Yael listened carefully to what Shmitt said, it appeared like a well wrriten scene from some movie and she could not comprehend that it is really going to happen. A mediocre student from SU is going to rob a freaking bank with a vault and everything, and then go back to her normal life with an actual trust fund - like most of her schoolmates.

Feeling underwhelmed and not wanting to ruin the illusion she decided to have a Tiramisu. Since she already committed to the job, Yael have also opened her beloved Hermes link. She texted her schoolmate Irene >> 90% we're game for tonight, I am making progress with homework. Kisses.  
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (06:31:03/10-07-16)
[spoiler]I assume that bnc is not going to continue the banter while we're talking real stuff but that instead we took a bit of time to get to know each other before we came to the hot stuff (after all, eating a meal would take much more time than we actually roleplayed - which of course we had to skip if we don't want to eat 'til Christmas). Or else, we can assume that they talk after Schmitt left. For simplicity's and speed's sake, however, I'll post both threads of conversation in the same posts, if that's okay for everyone.[/spoiler]

Anna

"Name's bnc", Bianca responds dryly. "no capital letters, if you please. And you are...?"

Ah, a SIN at last. Now you're all mine, honey. bnc stores the SIN on her 'link, for later research. I'm gonna dig stuff out you yourself can't recall.

Schmitt

"I assume that you will send us all the data, maps, recordings and schedules you have.

Some questions about the course of action. How important is stealth? May we leave traces? What about resistance. Are we, uhm, limited in the way we deal with them?

Do you know in which form the override key is stored? Is it hardware? Is it stored as a file on a host? Is it split up into two or more parts? What is your source, that is, where do you have the information from, and what else do you know about the key?

What is going to happen if the on-duty mage slash spider fail to arrive? How quick will they be replaced? Who will be informed? What is their plan B for this situation? How early do they have to check in?

And a small remark about the earnings: Did I understand that correctly that our payment is what we steal ourselves first, minus what you want to have plus our advance payment?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:06:24/10-07-16)
Schmitt replied:
"Naturally. The full info dump awaits you at your new base of operations.

Stealth is necessary during the preparation, somewhat favorable during the execution and useful but not essential during the exfiltration. I wouldn't recommend leaving traces. Zola isn't known for letting such things slide. If Zola were out of the picture, its not as problematic, although you are still stealing the goods of some very dangerous people. All in all I'd say the cleaner this goes the better.
About casualties: In general I prefer to leave no bodies - especially not of people who are just doing their legal job. Zola and his bodyguards are an other matter - you won't make any friends by killing them, but I certainly wouldn't lose sleep over them being gone.

The override key is most likely a real object with a special RFID transponder. The exact nature I don't know. My source is the person who installed the security system - or rather his files. The key is probably something he constantly wears on his person like a ring or a locket with some kind of button or mechanism to activate the key.

The mage and spider don't have to arrive, they are not leaving their homes. This is meant to increase security. The trick will be to knock them out without drawing attention to the fact that they are out. Both their shifts start at the same time and are 8 hours - enough time to get into the bank and back out again - provided we spoof all requests directed towards them.

Yes, basically I am funding this operation, paying expenses. The payday is contingent on your success to empty the vault. For that I have taken the liberty of creating a base of operations just outside council island. This is a fully stocked living quarter where I'd recommend you spend all your off time during the operation. Operational security begins with no-one outside of this circle even knowing where you are nevermind knowing what you are working on.
Mike will act as our supply guy during that time so you can minimize your contact with the outside world and any lurking enemies. Once we are done, the base will be cleaned out and purged."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (08:58:43/10-07-16)
Anna

"Name's bnc", Bianca responds dryly. "no capital letters, if you please. And you are...?"
Yael nodded and said "Anna", after a pause she said "So bnc is in leet speak or do you have something against vowels?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (09:55:42/10-07-16)
Slobbertooth did his best to ignore Anna and bnc, and instead tried to get Krestov's attention.

"Well you've got the Rover. I've got stuff at the old place that I'll need to grab, including my dog, thanks for taking care of her btw. Mind if we head over there and start packing up?"

[spoiler]Assumed Zelda was left at the old place and Krestov was there. If this wasn't then she was with Slobbertooth and was dropped off at Kazuya's during the meeting and I'll need to go pick her up.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (11:07:04/10-07-16)
Schmitt meeting

"Wait", bnc says firmly as Slobbertooth makes preparation to leave. "We're not done yet." It's again a rapid change in bnc's behavior, stepping clearly out of her role as an underage semi-professional key hitter.

"I've got some more questions.
First, we need as much information about Zola Esteban as possible. If it's already in our file, regard this as done. I'd like to know his origins, whereabouts, exact position within the government slash corp. Add to this most important contacts. Details about magical ability and/or augmentations would be quite favorable.

Second, do you have floor plans, security arrays, schedules and so on for the hotel, in which the security waits? If we plan to strike there, or sabotage parts of the hotel, we need all the relevant information about it.

Third, where are the mage and decker on duty at home? What do you know about their physical, magical and matrix security? What are there names, personalities, close contacts and habits? How do they remote-operate with the system? Is there a physical link between the spider and the facility or does he work over satellite link? Are there no parts of the facility wired off in a Faraday cage or otherwise offline? If there's no other spider, can we assume that the whole system is accessible via wifi? How many spirits does the mage control? Are they from the Azlan tradition? Are they a blood mage? Are these two the only ones in charge of matrix and magical security?

I assume, we find everything about physical security and paracritters in the documents you already deposited for us."

conversation with Anna

" 'leet' means that vowels are substituted by numbers. There are now vowels in bnc. It's short for "be nice, cutie". Actually my whole name is "bncoitiamwaboalot" for "be nice, cutie, or I'll turn into a murderous werewolf and bite off a limb or two". You may call me bnc, however."
It's difficult to tell in what kind of mood she says that. Even for herself.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:57:46/10-07-16)
"Ah yes, good questions. We might need to spend a bit of time finding the answers.

A full dossier on Zola awaits you, but here a quick Overview: Zola is 56, no known family or companions, born in Tenochtitlan to peasant parents, became a mage at a relatively late age, but made it up by being a zealous student. Thanks to his talent he made his way up through the Azlan military to the rank of Major. Switched positions a few times during the Amazonian war, but was mostly concerned with black ops work. After leaving the war he became an exec for Aztech's sea section - mostly concerned dealing with pirates. For some reason he decided or it was decided for him to go after 20k MUS and secure the takeover. After the mostly successful completion he was rewarded with the Luxury package for R7 senior managers.
He's very fit for his age, an initiate of the 4th order and almost certainly a blood mage - although there is no proof or witnesses to corroborate that as fact beside the fact that he went quite far in the Aztech hierarchy from his simple  beginnings. He is smart and can be quite charming. He has a lot of contacts to high ranking officials in south america, but is only slowly building his network here in Seattle. But I hear he attends all the major city hall functions and dinners.

Floor plans for the hotel are on record, but they might have worked on the layout - that is definitely one thing we should investigate directly.

I have the addresses, but as of yet no recon on the insides of their homes.
Some parts of the bank are hardwired, the rest is inside an R8 host. The plans don't indicate a Faraday cage - probably because that would interfere with the security drones. The spider logs into the host - that takes care of the distance problem.
The mage is an ex-student of Zola, so definitely Aztec and maybe blood mage. I do know that he controls up to six watchers, which is probably his maximum for spirit control as well.
And no, there are others - three others, to be precise, but thanks to the duty plan, we don't have to concern ourselves with all of them.

There should be no major para critters beyond a Barghest patrol outside the perimeter at night and awakened moss isolating the vault.

More inside the plans, but you probably want to take a look at the object to make sure they are up to date."

Turning to Slobbertooth he said:
"Mike will give you all the address for our base. Please be careful not to lead anyone who doesn't belong there to it."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:19:09/10-07-16)
Conversation with bnc:
Anna scoffed "No way... werewolves?! I would have said you are BSing me but few people can come up with something like that on the fly. I am intrigued now - how did you get that kind of name? Are you into werewolf trids or anything?"

with Schmidt
Anna thinks "A security mage makes tons of money working from home - if only I was rich enough to study binding..."

She then say "I do not mean to intrude, but I have one concern that should be addressed now... what happen when we get to Seattle - can't the bank call the KE and have them waiting for us at the end of the bridge? Won't we be arrested the moment we enter Seattle and then delivered for trail in the Salish-Shidhe Council.  By possessing these things that are not ours, we ought to be breaking some laws.

I also have some questions about magical security - but these are tactical in nature so they can wait to the safemhouse. When I know everything we have."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:31:29/10-08-16)
"They could. But they probably won't. Since this is technically an international affair, they'd have to go through Interpol to get KE to act. Also it would automatically become public knowledge that the bank has been robbed - which is bad PR and would call down the bad people who stashed their valuables at the bank on their heads.
No, in this case they'll try to find you with their own means - which will give you valuable hours to vanish. As I said: The human factor is their weakness.

And you only have to make it to our base close by. From their we'll use the prepared escape route. But more on that once we are there."

Replied Schmitt.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (08:17:15/10-08-16)
Conversation with Anna.

"No, I'm not into werewolves, Anna". She stresses the word consciously, her voice a slice sarcastic. Definitely a blonde. Or is she faking..? No way a shadowrunner can be so dumb. "I am bullshitting you. Being able to write and read bastante rápido makes it a lot easier to make up acronyms. I'm using my DNI as natural as you use your ... your eyeliner, I guess."
No way I can tell her now what bnc really stands for after I stressed her inability to use a proper shadow name. Luckily, this ain't the first time I've been asked what it stands for.
"bnc doesn't stand for 'be nice, cutie'. I made it up for you, sweet meat. It's a nickname from my youth that stuck. The abbreviation is for "beyond normal consciousness" which doesn't only refer to my being a faster thinker than others. I take it you already observed that. Anyway, I'm just glad my friends back then didn't know fancy words such as "ordinary", or I'd have been called "boc" or "sboc" [pronounced like "Spock"] or something.

Schmitt conversation

"All right. Then I'm good to go. Are we going to be able to contact you?"

She then nods to Slob and Krestov, indicating that she'll follow them. Before she leaves, she turns around a last time and approaches her Johnson. "Ah... Herr Schmitt", she asks, almost timidly, "Ich feiere in wenigen Wochen meinen einundzwanzigsten Geburtstag. Ich schätze, du hast nicht vielleicht Zeit und Lust...?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:46:42/10-08-16)
Schmitt answered bnc: "You won't just be able to contact me: I'll be at the base for the most part of this operation. As I said, this is make or break for me.
But don't worry, I won't micro manage your work. Instead I'll be busy organizing information and material for this caper."

When bnc asked him in his native language, he smiled a bit sadly: "Ich würde liebend gerne. Aber das würde voraus setzen, dad die Bank den Raub erst am nächsten Tag bemerkt und ich nicht eilends das Land verlassen muss."

"Alright. I'll meet you at the base. Password is the same as the last warehouse, grand tour tomorrow during brunch. Get everything you need there and don't forget to take care of your accommodations - you won't be there for a while."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:14:28/10-08-16)
Converstation with bnc
Anna smiled softly and then said "I am not fallling to this trap again, you are sharp enough to make up anything. From what I know about teenagers they would never be so flattering so I think that you just hate vowels. " she rolls her eyes  as if trying hard to concentrate and says half to herself half to bnc "BECKY no no N am...BRITNEY no R and t ....BIANCA fits and so does BIONCE. "  Anna shakes her hand, "This is difficult, I am not as smart as you and cannot just browse all common names with B N and C in my mind. I think that I will just call you Sprinklers until I figure it up."

Conversation with Schmidt
Anna nods at Schmidt. Disappearing would demolish her bechlors degree but such a large sum may make it irrelevant. She has a lot to process.

[spoiler]to be fair I took the name guessing from https://www.babble.com/baby-names/girl-names-that-start-with-b/

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (14:06:07/10-08-16)
Anna

"Oh carajo!", bnc exclaims, driven to exasperation, "it's Bianca. Sprinkler's really flattering but if you remind me of my boasting around in a Johnson meeting a single time more I'm gonna ex meself right on the spot." bnc's voice carries some anger in her, but she can hardly fight down a smile, too. Förböveln! She can be an intriguing slitch. Gotta be careful with that hooker.

Schmitt

"Also so wie ich das seh', sind wir jetzt erst mal zwei Monate miteinander eingesperrt..." She winks at him a last time before she gets home.

At home, she arranges everything. Since she doesn't really have a regular job, there's not a hell of a lot to do, although some people are gonne be pissed off for her not finished what she already accepted to do. Her wardrobe is manageable for a girl her age, and most of her personal belongings are implanted in her head anyway. By 11pm, she's basically got everything finished.

Crap. Robin. He's gonna hate me.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:33:15/10-08-16)
bnc
Anna looked with curiosity at the response of bnc and thinks "Bianca? - no way that wasn't real - or she is a better con artist than myself. It is Bianca alright... I think." She is surprised that 'Sprinklers' has that kind of effect on the young Decker. The Johnson needs something and most Deckers are kind of cocky, comes with the territory - why does bnc cared so much? Then again, the guy brought her yogurt in a grill house - it must mean something.

Smiling Anna said  "Well, it is nice to meet you, Bianca." and then continued "It is cool that you have all these wonderful things to boast about. I am a bit nervous too"
She then looked at Shmitt and then back at bnc, and added " ... and I would not worry about that specific Johnson. After all he brought you Yogurt that is not on the menu, he clearly likes you.  

Schmidt
After the meet Anna left to prepare for a night out with her flatmate Irene. She dressed up with street clothes and spent the evening at the Banshee where there is an open mike night. Anna performed poorly and left stage after a single song as the crowd grew restless and booed her.  It was not her brightest performance to say the least.  Anna remained a bit bitter during the entire night as she could not get past her poor performance earlier that evening. Irene tried to cheer her up with dancing and drinks, and Anna did try to be cheered up and has even drunk a bit more than she intended.
[spoiler]
for RP reasons, (no glitch at least).
Performance (http://orokos.com/roll/443760): 9d6t5 0
[/spoiler]
 

As the two girls were drinking and dancing, a handsome slick orc approached them and started dancing close to them. Anna took a step back, as she was not in such a flirty mood, but Irene seemed to enjoy his company. At about 2 AM, Irene was dancing very close to the orc, and the sexual tension between them reached the 'get a room' stage.  Irene looked apologetic and said to Anna and said "We are going to continue the party at his place... Do you need a ride sweetie?"

Swallowing her pride Anna accepted the offer, as she had no car. The ride was uneventful, but Anna had to spend 40 minutes watching Irene and the orc (Joe? Jhon? Mr. Hot pants?  - she really did not remember his name) making out.  "At least we arrived before they reached full penetration" said Anna bitterly to herself. There was some benefit to that awful night, Irene was out of the apartment until morning. 'That is one shitty night and I need a shower' she thought. Anna rushed to the shower first thing as she entered her home. She took a long warm shower and washed away all the regrets and frustrations of the night.

After the shower Anna slipped into some sexy lingerie, in an attempt to feel less shitty about herself. She then slipped into jeans and a white sleeveless black t-shirt of some fashionable metal band.  Completing her look was a long fake leather jacket.  She packed the rest of her clothes, her guns and cosmetics in a bag and left Irene a note:

Quote
"Hey Slitch,
Hope you enjoyed slotting the dude...  He looked kind of hot!

School is going badly and with that terrible performance I desperately need some alone time.

I am leaving to visit my grandmother.
The one we talked about with the lake house.

I'll spend a a short while practicing, and come back when my singing improves.

I will  bring you something sweet when I return.
 
Kisses

Anna. "
Anna hoped that the note will keep Irene from looking for her. This time was different though as Anna was uncertain if she is to ever get back to her apartment after the 'mission'. Saying a mental 'goodbye' to the apartment, she sighed and took a deep breath. She locked the door behind her and walked into the night, never looking back at the place.

Anna arrived at the safe-house at about 4 am extremely tired and looked for a place to crush right away.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (16:42:03/10-08-16)
Flatline will specifically wait to speak with Schmidt privately.

"I appreciate this opportunity, but I can't just disappear for months.  I have responsibilities, people dependent on me.  I need to provide some kind of replacement, but it is a specific set of circumstances.  I would expect that I would need to move my lab to this safe house as well, I don't know if your timetable and restrictions is going to work for me."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:17:26/10-08-16)
Schmitt waited for Flatline to approach him and hear his concern:
"Frankly, you will have to. This is a million nuyen job. Your chance to return to your responsibilities and your people is a lot higher if you don't have contact during this time. This is a very delicate operation against one of the most ruthless mega corps. If anything gets out about this job beforehand we'd risk everything.
You won't need to move your lab, the safe house has a complete med-station for you. Everything it doesn't have can be organized within a few days.
My timetable and restrictions are non-negotiable. If you want out, I do have some Laes to delete the last hour from your memory. That is the only other option I can give you."


As the meeting begins to break up, Schmitt takes care of the bill and he and Mike leave the restaurant. All in all the meeting didn't take longer than an hour. Equipped with the address (Skagit Key 69) and the pin for the lock (92838) Anna is the first to arrive at the safe house.

From the outside it looked like a nondescript two story garage with lake access, made to service boats and cars. The faint light of a single Lantern showed that the high windows all had rather new bars in front of them, securing the building against intruders. The large garage doors were closed and secured but a small side door revealed a keypad.

After entering the key, the door clicked open. A short corridor with only a single fluorescent stripe of paint barely provided enough light to let her recognize a stairwell leading upwards. Once she had reached the stairs, upstairs a dim light turned on. As it seemed to be the only place with light, she followed the stairs and found herself in a corridor with a row of doors to the left and a balcony rail to the right. Beyond the rail waited only the absolute blackness of a large open space. Opening one of the doors, she found a comfortable one room apartment with a small bathroom, a cooking niche (including microwave and food printer) as well as a comfortable futon, a chair and writing table as well as a wardrobe.
An AR promt told her to enter her name to claim the room.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (18:07:22/10-08-16)
After embracing Zelda, taking a shower, putting on some clean clothes, Slobbertooth helped to load the teams Rover full of the ammunition, gear, guns, and dog that the team had stolen and stored over the past few years. When the team was done, Slobbertooth pulled out his old metalink and sent Kazuya a quick message over it.

@Kazuya>>I hope to be beck in a month or two, but I'll be under until then.<<

Slobbertooth smashed the metalink and pet his dog one more time before getting on his Mirage and taking a scenic route to the safehouse. After he was a short distance away he shot quick message to Krestov over his Hermes Ikon.

@bnc@Krestov>>It's a race. Last one there before tomorrow wins.wins.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:34:22/10-09-16)
As Anna arrived at the safe-house "Too dark"  was her first thought. The place was creepy, and dark - but perhaps it is what made it 'safe'. Needless to say Anna knew little about these things. She activated the thermographic vision in her glasses in order not to stumble and carefully brave the poorly lit safehouse looking for a place to crush. She felt afraid, as the place was dark and alien and cold and EMPTY. Walking there alone at night was terrifying, especially since the guns were carefully hidden inside her beg and could not be use in quick enough in case of emergency.
Anna looked around as much as she could to determine what the building was for, but mainly she hoped to simply find somebody else in the building.

Her mood improved when she finally arrived at the apartments, she felt victorious over the darkness.
She opened all the doors and examined the rooms before choosing the one she liked best and claiming it in the AR menu. Then she locked the door behind her, took off her jacket and jeans and entered the comfortable bed. Anna wanted to sleep - but felt that it would not be responsible to do so right now.

"Just a little look to see that nothing is suspicious around this place and I'll be sleeping" she thought.  Anna closed her eyes and enveloped herself with magic to sharpen her senses. She did not want to miss a single thing about the building and its surrounding neighborhood. The magic was successful and Anna's senses were sharpen to super human sensitivity.

Leaving her own body was always strange for Anna, to make it less awkward  she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, inhaling and exhaling slowly. At the end of that breath, her consciousness was outside of her body as simple as that. Without a body to drag along, Anna was considerably more agile - she wandered the building happily and observed in detail what she could make about the building and the neighborhood. Unless something unusual happens during her scout Anna will return to her body and sleep after 20-30 minutes,  she will not be up before lunchtime unless somebody wakes her up.

[spoiler]
drain (http://orokos.com/roll/443987): 10d6t5 2
Improve Intuition F5 (http://orokos.com/roll/443986): 15d6t5 9
Intuition augmented by +4, no drain.

Assensing (astral scout) (http://orokos.com/roll/443995): 15d6t5 10
only 7 hits are kept due to Anna's astral limit.
[/spoiler]

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:45:35/10-09-16)
The building was large: Easily 20 m times 30 m with a ground floor and a level above. Upstairs the part towards the street was made up of the living quarters. Below was a med station, something that looked like a mess hall, and a electronics shop. The overwhelming majority of the house was part of one large hall with a conference table (including a Trid Projector), a real garage portion with equipment racks.
The back part towards the lake had a water basin with a shallow ramp, where boats could be moored and pulled a shore. At the moment there was nothing in there. A walkway surrounded the whole hall. In the middle there were a few different partitions separating the space and guaranteeing a bit of privacy at the different stations.

The living apartments where all identical, so the only difference was how far they had to walk to the stairs.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (19:51:13/10-09-16)
Schmitt waited for Flatline to approach him and hear his concern:
"Frankly, you will have to. This is a million nuyen job. Your chance to return to your responsibilities and your people is a lot higher if you don't have contact during this time. This is a very delicate operation against one of the most ruthless mega corps. If anything gets out about this job beforehand we'd risk everything.
You won't need to move your lab, the safe house has a complete med-station for you. Everything it doesn't have can be organized within a few days.
My timetable and restrictions are non-negotiable. If you want out, I do have some Laes to delete the last hour from your memory. That is the only other option I can give you."


Devon feels a real sense of panic, this could be the dream job that makes him as a top tier runner, or let him leave it behind clean, but then he thought about little Cisco, the boy's life  was depending on the bone marrow match that he was setting up the checks to find next week, his dad could not handle that by himself.  That was just the biggest of a hundred different things that walking away from the Oasis for that long would impact.  He couldn't do this.

With a firm resolve the young man made a final offer.  "Look, you can say this is a million dollar job, but I have no proof of that.  I want to be in for this, but I need to get my magical gear in my lab together and I need SOMEONE to cover my shifts at the clinic.  Get me someone and I am in, but otherwise you can give me the shot."

He slapped the his forearm  with 2 fingers of his opposite hand, raising the vein for the injection and offer his arm.  Clearly expecting Schmidt to make the final call.   
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:29:25/10-10-16)
Schmitt sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, looking very tired all of a sudden:
"You honestly want to tell me that you don't have anyone at that place of yours that can cover for you? You have no contacts or friends you call when you need a vacation or are sick yourself?
I have to say I'm disappointed, your fixer assured me your were a capable professional.

Alright, I'll try to organize a replacement - a mundane doctor. But you'll have to pay his salary yourself. This is well outside the limits of this business - and just another connection to me that I'd have liked to avoid.

And regarding trust: If you have done your legwork you should know that I have worked long and hard to gain the reputation of a reliable and fair Johnson. I pride myself that I go above and beyond my duties to take care of my employees. So far it seems this team has less reason to trust you to do your job here with your full attention than me."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:45:05/10-10-16)
Anna selected the room furthest away from the stairs and sleep came easily. The night was after-all hot and sexually charging and had things started out better Anna would have probably sleep somewhere else. Perhaps with Irene and mr. hot pants... some sweet unrealistic fantasy, but it was more Anna trying to experience her student life that may never continue after this gig.
The bachelor degree she worked so hard on, her family and friends -  she may need to give it all up.

And she would do so again in a heart beat because the thrill of stealing so much would feel better than a thousand orgasms. It was not a very nice thing to do, but Anna loved stealing, she loved doing it ever since she was a little street girl. It was always exciting to steal, the risk of getting caught and the euphoria of getting away with it. A wallet was few moments of pleasure, but a bank vault? ... Anna could not imagine anything more satisfying than robbing an entire bank vault. 

"Had I been this clear earlier I'd definitely try to slot Irene and mr. hot pants just so that they never forget me. To say goodbye properly... I mean if I may not be going back why worry about consequences." Fantasying about how the night could have ended was dramatically more enjoyable than fearing what might go wrong in the run she agreed to do.  Yet, Anna's body was tired and sweet sleep claimed Anna after a short while. The best sleep she had in many days.  Everything that Anna thought was bothering her seemed so insignificant compared to what she was about to do in the coming weeks.

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:14:01/10-10-16)
Anna was rudely awoken in the morning around seven when the garage door opened and a Bulldog Stepvan drove inside with what must have been Troll Thrash Metal blaring speakers. Shortly there after quite a lot of banging and cursing could be heard. When Anna dared to peek, she recognized the Ork Mike. He was sweating despite the cool morning and heaving large boxes into the middle of the hall, all the while uttering expletives that would have made most sailors blush.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:05:32/10-10-16)
Anna is rudely awaken out of some pleasant dream. "That darn noise!  some of us do not have a sleep regulator dammit... I actually need the sleep." She thinks, and then realize that there is no way she is going to continue sleeping unless that music is gone.  She slips into a jeans and t-shirt, and exist the room yawning, after 2.5 hours of sleep Anna is a complete mess. She walks in her slippers to the garage and then asks Mike "Is your mouth always this filthy or is there something wrong? Also please kill the music, I really need some rest."  Despite the situation she struggles to say these things nicely but half a smile is the best she can come up with.

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:16:14/10-10-16)
It took two tries to get the ork to listen and to stop the music.
"Sorry, didn't realize one of you was already here. Got to test the acoustics before everyone settles in. But you might want to get some earplugs, I've got a few things still to install. Wait a second."
Mike moved to one of the boxes and ripped it open. From inside he pulled a box full of earplugs still wrapped in plastic. With a practiced movement he threw the package to her.
"I'll set the soycaf maker up first thing. You look like you might need some when we start."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (23:04:04/10-10-16)
"It was a long night..." sighed Anna and added "Thank you for the plugs, you are quite a handyman. Indeed coffee would be incredible."  Looking around she said "I am trying to get a few more hours of sleep, have a goo day."
 She thought "Overly eager Yael... overly eager... "  as she walked back to her room with the ear plugs.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (23:11:58/10-10-16)
Devon took rebuke as his due, he probably should have asked a few more questions of Two-toes before the meet, like who the Johnson was.  Truth is he had gotten comfortable doing this thing and still thinking he could just go back to work at the clinic, he had been risking leaving his father in this kind of lurch the whole time.  Hell, he hadn't really even sat down and made sure his father knew what it was he was doing these last few months.

Back in the moment, he squared up his shoulders and stuck out his hand, "Thank you sir, I truly appreciate the opportunity, and you are right, I should have handled myself better, but you can count on my loyalty and confidence.  I am sure that the person you find will be up to the task, and his pay will be taken care of, the facility is the Harris Clinic, in Redmond, that might be something your candidate will need to know."

"Regarding my lab, it is actually a hermetic lodge, I think I would be best able to fill my role in the team with it available, but it will require a week to functionally move to the location.  What would you prefer?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: badneighbor on (23:57:07/10-10-16)
Kite spent the rest of the meet listening quietly and carefully as the Johnson provided details on what they were to do and answered some questions. Once bnc’s curiousity was satisfied, the group broke up to go collect their things and meet back at the new safehouse. Kite ducked her way past the weirdly-tense conversation between Anna and bnc to thank Schmitt for the meal, then slipped out to climb into her Jeep and head home. Safely tucked into the driver-side rigger cocoon, jumped into the souped-up Trailblazer, she was able to take a moment and relax. She drove casually and let her mind wander over the details of the meet. She was experienced as a rigger and as a smuggler, but this was her first true Shadowrun, and a heist was unfamiliar territory for her. Reviewing the information she had so far helped her to feel more comfortable with it. Like taking an engine apart and putting it back together. Over and over and over again.

A call came in from Brian, snapping her out of her trance. Kite realized she’d been driving long, slow circles around downtown Seattle for over an hour. She kicked herself mentally and picked up the call.

 “So? How’d it go?” Brian asked, unwilling to hide his excitement for his protégé.

 “It was good,” Kite smiled in return.  “but I can’t talk about it. Very top secret stuff, you know.”

Brian seemed to take a moment, maybe surprised that she was unwilling to tell even him any details. He seemed to remember, though, that she was a professional and so was he. His grin returned and he put his index finger against the side of his nose, winking in an overtly cheesy secret gesture.  “Ahh…of course, of course. Just tell me what you need.”

 “I’m coming by the hangar to get some things. Can you box up my tools? And maybe clean Tonto up?”

“You’re taking that old thing?”

“We will be away for a while. A month at least. You never know.”

Tonto was Kite’s nickname for her Evo Proletarian, the little mechanic’s-assistant drone she’s had for years.

After swinging by her apartment to pick up some clothes and various odds and ends, she pulled up back at the hangar where Brian was waiting. She hopped out of the Jeep and gave him a warm hug, like a daughter greets a father.

 “You don’t need the plane?” he asked.

She shrugged.  “Dunno. I can come get it if I do. Best to keep it here for now. Now stop asking questions,” she said with a playful smile. Brian smiled in return and ran an invisible zipper across his lips. Together they packed the rest of her things into the Jeep. After another hug, she climbed back in and was on her way.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (01:48:54/10-11-16)
bnc yawns heartily as she wakes up in the morning. It's only half past 6 - bnc had used the second half of the patch plus some left-over weed to sedate her into an early sleep yesterday. She was fully recovered and eager to change her entire life.

Quote from: Slobbertooth
@bnc@Krestov>>It's a race. Last one there before tomorrow wins.>>

Fuck, what? I shoulda been there by yesterday? Oh, crap, this ain't a good way to start. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.
<@Slobbertooth@Krestov <Sorry, I thought we were invited for brunch. Got some important stuff to do left. Dammit, I'll come asap.>>

Only when (if) Slob signals her that she's not yet late she can calm down a bit. She resists the urge to numb herself again. This has to stop now.

She then takes her familiar tour through the apothecaries and drug stores (quite literally in her case) to collect a good month's store of the raw materials she needs to produce her own supply of, well, medication. Whoom's nigh impossible to get by in the US but she can brew it herself as easily as anyone.

Only one last thing left to do before I'm ready to go. bnc thinks after having stuffed all her equipment into two huge bags. She wanders around a bit, then hacks a commlink to send a message to her sister, informing her that she's safe and sound but she won't be able to call for two months or so. She sends her kisses and asks her to tell her boyfriend he can go fuck himself. She then hacks and steals a car, turns off all mechanics to record its location, loads her stuff into the trunk, drives it up to the hall and sends it back to where it came from, taking a bit of a D tour just for good measure.

Once she arrives at the house she takes the last room in the floor, securing topmost privacy. The room next door she books on Krestov's name.

[spoiler]To describe more detailed what she's actually doing I need to know two things
 first: What's the situation like around 9 am? How many people are there already, what's the environment.
 second: What matrix infrastructure is there to be found. To we have an own host? How many rights to I have? If I don't have the rights do to whatever I want what security do I have to overcome to do it anyway? Which facilities can I control? Stuff like that.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:56:19/10-11-16)
"Regarding my lab, it is actually a hermetic lodge, I think I would be best able to fill my role in the team with it available, but it will require a week to functionally move to the location.  What would you prefer?"

"I think it would be easier if you constructed a new lodge. You are a hermetic, so I think my supplier should have you covered. Otherwise I've a large stockpile of reagents on hand, so you could create a temporary lodge."


The next morning:

One by one the runners arrived, carrying their equipment inside. Mike was around fixing and mounting things to other things, but was ready to answer questions regarding the building.

bnc arrived before her team mates, but to her dismay realized that Anna had beaten her to one of the rooms farthest away from the stairs. So she takes the other one and for Krestov the room next to her.
Looking on the matrix side, she isn't surprised to note that there isn't a trace of noise to be found at this location. What she does note however is that the building itself has no wireless alarm system, although she can clearly see sensors placed around the house both out- and inside.
When she asked Mike he readily answered: "Yeah, that was a hell of a lot work for an old ork like me. The boss wanted the whole place to be hardwired for security. No host, no external connections, just the drone brain and lots and lots of fiberoptic wires. Not to mention the redundancies. Really, if I weren't payed handsomely for this I think I would have gone mad."

"Where the drone brain is located? Ah well, he said you'd ask. Just plug into the intercom in one of your rooms, that should be enough for a direct connection. Was pretty hard to combine a drone brain and an agent system. Mind you, I'm no decker, but I do have a bit of talent for electronics: I used a weapon form factor cyberdeck and fused it with a smartplattform with a military grade pilot system - was the only way to merge the two systems. Side benefit is, that the drone brain can protect itself from tampering. I'm quite proud of that, I can tell you."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (08:31:28/10-11-16)
Anna spends the late morning hours neatly placing her things in the room. Once Anna's clothes are neatly placed in the closet and her belongings are neatly stored Anna showers and then slips into her jeans and white t-shirt and apply some basic eyeliner to bring out her eyes and some gentle lipstick to make her lips look more inviting and her cheeks are brought to that right taint with just enough makeup. Looking at the mirror Anna thinks "Almost not evident that I had such a crappy night."

Anna has a quick breakfast of coffee and a pretzel (or at least the food printer called it a pretzel). After breakfast she practices her guitar until the other runners arrive and things become interesting. At that point Anna existed the room with slippers and her trusty Ares Predator visibly placed over her blue jeans, she colors its ruthenium polymer coating to be purple and it gives the gun a toy'ish image. Anna's clothes are now matching her modest life style and are nothing like that 13k nuyen dress she wore yesterday, it is also quite evident that she has just showered as she still smells of shampoo. 

When Anna exits the room she notices that Sprinklers bnc located herself in the next door and the adjacent room was Krestov's  "Lucky slith is friends with that Greek god..." she thought and was a bit jealous about it. When Anna exited the room bnc has already started 'geek-speaking' with Mike  such a professional she thought and  interrupted the two with a somewhat hesitant "good morning" and a shy smile. Anna felt a bit uncomfortable around Mike, as she was not used to be seen in public unless she was well groomed.  When Kite arrives Anna welcomes her "Good morning" and asks "Do you need a hand with your things?" The rigger had many toys with her.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (08:56:33/10-11-16)
Damn, slitch? Why's she taking the backmost room? The other one's way less to walk. Well, it might be fun, anyway.

bnc quickly swallowed her frustration when she found out that Mike actually had an idea about what he's doing. "An isolated system. This is something to work with. Not comfortable, but safe. I was disappointed to hear that..." ...our target doesn't sport one.
"Are you supposed to be entrusted with our plannings? I mean, I guess, but just to be safe. Are we to keep you informed? Are we to keep stuff from you? I'll double-check with Dr. Schmitt, but for the while..."

She continues to talk to him about the details of the system - half out of professionality, half because she wants to find out just how much power she has concentrated in her hands. After a while, they're interrupted by Yael coming down the stairs.

"Ah, good morning, Anna", bnc says in a way more cheerful voice than yesterday. "You already made yourself comfortable, I see."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (09:13:05/10-11-16)
Quote from: Slobbertooth
@bnc@Krestov>>It's a race. Last one there before tomorrow wins.>>
Fuck, what? I shoulda been there by yesterday? Oh, crap, this ain't a good way to start. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.
<@Slobbertooth@Krestov <Sorry, I thought we were invited for brunch. Got some important stuff to do left. Dammit, I'll come asap.>>
@bnc>>Well I guess you win then  ;-P.<<

By the time bnc arrives she finds Slobbertooth already there, looking over his equipment and counting ammunition in the team's shared living area before taking it to be stored in his room. He takes one close to the main area so that his usual nocturnal activities doesn't include him pacing back and forth down the hallways. bnc would notice that he has an AR feed of any recent news about Lonestar or Captain Verres running in the background. There is a news feed running on the trids in the background. It's 99% nonsense, but she know's what he's listening for. He occasionally takes breaks from both to give Zelda attention, and to stop her from being rude to all of the other guests.

[spoiler]Don't know if this is covered in the character sheet, but it should be noted here for all the new guys:

Slobbertooth and the gang adopted a female Tibetan Mastiff (http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11124/111246859/4967424-4923908626-vbJWT.jpg) after killing her previous owners (who used her as a way to summon spirits so they weren't exactly the best owners in addition to being run of the mill shitbags. Her name is Zelda. She is trained but Mastiffs are like German Shepards in that while they can be extremely loving, energetic and protective, they may take a while to warm up to strangers.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:19:03/10-11-16)
"Better get comfortable with it. Yeah, the boss calls me his service technician, but personally I've no problem with the title Janitor. I've been with him on all assignments since our little underwater adventure went sideways. Not much sense in keeping me out of the loop since I'm neck deep in it anyways.
But I won't hold it against you if you keep your secrets - good operational procedure to keep things on need to know basis."
Mike kept working while he talked, proving that he had extensive hands on experience with electronics and mechanics but no formal education since he exclusively used slang terms and tech speak. The system itself she learns is not very powerful beyond the ability to notice what's going on within and outside the base: No drone defenses beyond the brain and no automatic locks beyond the exterior doors.

Showing good survival instinct, he finds something to do somewhere else as the two young women meet again.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: badneighbor on (10:33:06/10-11-16)
Almost forgot, Kite mused as she pulled away from her meeting place with Haley, her BTL dealer. If I’m gonna be stuck in that safehouse for months I’m gonna need a resupply.  Haley had been able to meet her in the wee hours of the morning, on short notice, with a baker’s dozen dreamchips. Kite bought them all.
She pocketed the contraband and went directly to the safehouse from there.

[spoiler]Kite is coming equipped with everything on her character sheet, minus her aircraft, plus 13 additional dreamchips. She’ll spend up to 2,000 nuyen on them, so let me know if she buys less than that, Jack.

Also, what does the safehouse have in terms of mechanics’ tools? She has an automotive kit with her, but does the garage count as any kind of facility?[/spoiler]

She backed the Trailblazer into the open garage door, taking a prominent space inside but leaving room for Mike’s van to get out if and when it needed to. Kits jumped out of the Jeep and landed heavily on her booted feet, punctuating her arrival.

When Kite arrives Anna welcomes her "Good morning" and asks "Do you need a hand with your things?"

“Good morning,” Kite replied, briefly regarding Anna with a smile, still wearing her green lipstick from the night before. In response to her offer to help, Kite popped the back door open to reveal some greasy, heavy-looking tools. “Looks like we can find a home for all this.” She unloaded Tonto first, handing the drone some equipment to go set down somewhere out of the way.

Once the Jeep was unloaded (whether or not Anna decided to help), almost as an afterthought, she took her duffel bag full of clothing and personal effects upstairs and picked out a room. Dropping the bag on the first available bed (probably the one across the hall from Slobbertooth), she went back downstairs to finish setting up the garage that by now was clear she’d claimed as her own.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:55:32/10-11-16)
Anna sighed and said "Yes, I arrived last night. I had a terrible night out so I decided to spend what was left from the night here just to avoid the smug look of my flatmate after she got herself well slotted.  You look rested, did you sleep well?"  She looks with curiosity on Zelda and asks "Is she... safe?"
...
When Kite arrives Anna helps her to unload the jeep, but she is not very good at it as she is afraid to break anything.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:03:13/10-11-16)
[spoiler]
The garage counts as special work area for the Electronics and Engineering group as well as Armorer and has the necessary equipment to count as Shops too.

[/spoiler]

By now the floor was strewn with packaging material and cardboard. Workbenches with gleaming new tool walls had been created as well as a desktop forge and a CNC/3D-Printer combo. Three small drones with articulate arms drove around, controlled by a cheap RCC.
Mike explained to Kite when he saw the Proletarian: "Ah, nice to see the old model's are still around. You can add him to the little network there. Clever Smurf..." he pointed at the only red painted drone "has an upgraded pilot. I'm using the swarm program to share that capacity between the three as well as the roaches." At that he pointed at a small box with 9 Kanmushi drones.
"We've got all the good autosofts for them. Give them a task and they'll teamwork it almost by themselves. The roaches are really useful to work on machines without taking them apart. And don't tell your medical mage, but the roaches are also excellent surgeons, although it's really creepy when they work on you.

Have fun with your toys."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (13:14:01/10-11-16)
"Is she... safe?"
Slobbertooth shrugged, "I think so. I've only had to use my Ruger and shoot her with stun ammunition once."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:21:55/10-11-16)
Anna scoffed a bit frustrated and asked "Once a week, or once in a life time?"  for some reason everything Slobber says seems bad-ass to her.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (13:33:19/10-11-16)
"Only that one time two triad mages used her body channel a spirit. Some kind of a firey dog thing."

Slobbertooth turned to Zelda and spoke as if he was speaking to a toddler, while making a mess of her soft face. "I could never shoot this big sweet girl. No I couldn't. Nooo I couldn't!" Zelda barked loudly in appreciation. 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:45:46/10-11-16)
Anna said "Poor thing, must have been terrified." and then attempted to approach Zelda as much as she dared considering how big she was, looking at the happy dog with curiosity.  So you geeked the mages and took their dog?"


Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (14:25:15/10-11-16)
<@Slobbertooth <awesome whats my prize? you got candy4me?>

[spoiler]Assuming Slob found time to get the reek off himself.
I split up different interaction at different times to save some time.
[/spoiler]

Slob

Once bnc finds Slob in the hall, she grins widely and moves up to him. "Sempai! Bastanto grande to see you again. You're as ugly as you used to be" She hugged him fiercely - well, that is, as fiercely as she can. If he's not wearing more than a T-shirt, he might actually notice the hug.

Janitor

"That's fine by me. I find it a lord easier to trust someone I can effetivo lingotext with. Especially if he can set up an isolated 'trix sys."

Anna

"Yah, kind of, I guess. I wouldn't get too close. She's un poco shy. Me too, by the way, when I'm sober. Except you're a rigger..." "Good keyword!"

Kite

"Good morning, Kite!", bnc yells towards her, definitely in a better mood than the night before. "I can help you with your pockets. I'm not half as well equipped as you are but you mighta noticed that I'm wired, too. I promise I won't touch a frag without you allowing, but may I ask you to show me your toys? Um, not wanting to be a nuisance on the first day... Just ... Just un poquito wired up 'bout drones."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (14:57:56/10-11-16)
Well, this is going well...  throughout the dinner, Krestov mainly kept his mouth shut, the job of Intel better left to the experts.  This allowed him to mull over the objectives...and the team they had, now almost doubled in size.  When the dinner came to a close, the giant of a troll rose up, bowing his head in thanks to their job provider before departing with Slobbertooth to acquire their gear.

Attaching his own bike to the rover, the Russian took the rear guard to arrive at the safehouse, it seemed.  Pulling up, He Noted that their new rigger was already setting up shop.  Parking just outside for now, he grabbed his bag of gear and head in, nearly bumping into the aforementioned rigger.  "Ah, please pardoning.." he rumbled out, stepping against the wall before the doorway was clear.  Stooping his head, he entered and saw Slob, bnc, and Anna are say cinversin, huddled around Zelda who made a "boof" at his appearance.  Offering a smile, the quiet troll shouldered his gear, wandering to find a room was already picked for him.  "hm..."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (15:03:56/10-11-16)
<@Krestov <glad u're back, 6862. i took the liberty 2 book u in next 2 me in case u need a shoulder to lean on ;-) >
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:19:27/10-11-16)
Anna took bnc's advice and kept a bit of distance from the dog,  she may follow her on the 'becoming a rigger' advice as well - though it would take a long time and getting into the girl's panties did not seem like a priority at the time. She helped Kite unload the jeep and was very careful not to break anything, there was so much technology at the place that she just watched it with awe.  Anna did not know much about technology - it was just there and just worked.  The only one missing was the super mage, that follows the Protector. Anna remembered that he had some personal things to discuss with Schmidt so she was not sure if he'll be there.  Having the entire magic department on the shoulders of a rookie like her seemed like a big responsibility, so Anna really hoped that he would come. 

She welcomed Krestov, when he came and allowed her eyes to feast on his body one more time. She tried to be appropriate, but as a person that has never actually seen a handsome troll before she stared a little bit despite herself.  She could think about worse fate than being locked with him in a safe house for a month and nothing to do... If he was single that is... He might as well be Bianca's significant other... Or worse, he could be gay.
 

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:48:14/10-11-16)
At around 10.30 Schmitt appeared, driving a Rover of the same model and make as the one Slobbertooth had driven into the building.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm pleased to see most of you already have arrived. I hope Mike has given you the tour and you have chosen your rooms. If you'd be so kind to follow me." Schmitt walked over to the two basins and hit a switch on the wall to open the door towards the lake. Most of the morning mist had gone away and another bright, sunny day gave a clear view over the lake on council Island.
"This base is pretty exactly 1.25 kilometers away from our target. You can even see it if you look closely- it's the taller building that isn't native style but colonial. Since the Sidhe took over Council Island they have replaced most of the architecture with their own, only few such buildings remain.

As you probably know, Council Island is a fortress - all roads to the island have checkpoints with SIN-scanners and the guards a pretty strikt: Searches are thorough and at random. Luckily I have some submersible drones that can smuggle all necessary goods from here to their and back again.

To do this safely, we need to rent a boathouse on the island. That will be the first step of this operation: Two or more of you will drive over there with the visa I prepared and get the lease. This will also establish a reason for all of you to regularly cross the border. Your cover identities will establish you as managers of Meteor Enterprises, a small African company with good contacts to the Sidhe Council.

Any volunteers?"


Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (01:23:59/10-12-16)
"If no one else will, I'd go. I can go undetected more easily than others. Still, I'm not strictly speaking a people person, so I'm happy if someone else does the talking.

Also, I've got a related issue to address. As you might be aware of, I have a cyberdeck implanted into my skull. I do have methods to prevent it from being found but they are last resort. Maybe you have dealt with a similar kind of situation before. Do you know a solution?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:23:42/10-12-16)
Anna said "I am good with words and can pull off rich cooperate lady. I can leave my gun in here to minimize the risk of security. My only concern is my SIN that may not be sophisticated enough for international border crossing."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (02:44:24/10-12-16)
"That won't be a problem. Luckily cyberdecks, even implanted ones, aren't forbidden. Your fake persona has the necessary licenses. The forgery should be good enough to fool the scanners. If not, you'd have to quickly hack them.
Likewise for you Yael, there is a fake SIN with a commercial mage license ready.

I have a list of potential properties ready. There might be a bit of competition - the previous owner recently died and their estate is now being liquidated by their heirs. Property on Council Island is neither cheap nor easy to get. So you'll have to be there very early tomorrow and maybe sabotage the competitors.

Therefore you might want another member of the team to accompany you."

Schmitt looked expectantly towards the others.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (02:51:51/10-12-16)
speaking softly, half to herself: "Did I just hear sabotage? I guess that calls for me... but then, I can do wicked things from afar. Better get the heavy boys there."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:24:45/10-12-16)
Yael was a bit embarrassed where Schmidt referred to her by her given name rather than the fake SIN she was displaying. The man has clearly done  his homework and tracked her all the way t her humble beginning at Puyallup. For the university,  Yael was trying to keep that part of her past discreet, but perhaps for the shadows it was not such a secret to be a sinless criminal.  If he was testing her, she tried to pass and did not show signs of distress on the outside. She nodded at the him to signal understanding and waited to see who else was going to volunteer. She kind of hoped it would be Krestov, or hoped that it would be anyone else for the very same reason.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: badneighbor on (12:24:28/10-12-16)
*Before Schmitt arrives*

Kite leaned back to let the big troll lumber past as she spoke with Mike.

Mike explained to Kite when he saw the Proletarian: "Ah, nice to see the old model's are still around. You can add him to the little network there. Clever Smurf..." he pointed at the only red painted drone "has an upgraded pilot. I'm using the swarm program to share that capacity between the three as well as the roaches." At that he pointed at a small box with 9 Kanmushi drones.
"We've got all the good autosofts for them. Give them a task and they'll teamwork it almost by themselves. The roaches are really useful to work on machines without taking them apart. And don't tell your medical mage, but the roaches are also excellent surgeons, although it's really creepy when they work on you.

She nodded along with growing excitement as he showed her what was available. When he finished the miniature tour, she gestured toward the RCC he’d indicated. It wasn’t as nice as hers, but it had the Swarm software and she was curious. “May I?” she asked, then reached for it anyway. She glanced at him briefly, nonverbally offering thanks before starting to play around. She didn't notice him walk away.

“Have fun with your toys."

Kite quickly added Tonto to the RCC’s PAN and introduced him to the rest of the shop drones. With Clever Smurf in charge, she assigned the small swarm of shop drones to run diagnostics on her Jeep, and maybe change the oil, just to see how advanced the Pilot program really was.

She was looking over the case containing the roaches when bnc approached.

"Good morning, Kite!", bnc yells towards her, definitely in a better mood than the night before. "I can help you with your pockets. I'm not half as well equipped as you are but you mighta noticed that I'm wired, too. I promise I won't touch a frag without you allowing, but may I ask you to show me your toys? Um, not wanting to be a nuisance on the first day... Just ... Just un poquito wired up 'bout drones."

She heard the young decker drop a phrase in Spanish and smiled. English really was a chore for her. A chance to speak her native language would be welcome.

 “Good morning. I would love to show you what I have. I’m getting to know my new friends now, if you would like to join me.”

Kite indicated the four shop drones first, then the case of roaches, then the control console Mike had given her.  “I have never used these before. Mike says they’re useful for a number of things. Currently they are all slaved to this RCC. If you don’t have one, you can try using this one, if you like. Once the boys are done with my truck, anyway.”

She walked with bnc over toward the Trailblazer and leaned in to the passenger seat, pulling out her own RCC: A TaskMaster. She smiled proudly.  “All the rest of mine will stay with me, on here,” she said. She went on to show her el Grande, her MCT-Nissan Roto-drone, who was stowed in the back of the Jeep.

She will go on and on, talking excitedly in Spanish (unless bnc asks her to slow down, switch to English, or shut up entirely) about her drones, until Schmitt arrives.

After he gave them a summary of the plan and asked for volunteers to go get the lease for the boathouse, Kite initially moved to volunteer. She hesitated, however, and declined.  “I think I would be of more use here,” she said,  “there’s a lot to do and I’d like to have everything operational as soon as I can. I’m curious about any watercraft we might get but I can see them when they get here.”
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (13:14:02/10-12-16)
Slobbertooth waived off the request, and pointing at his tusks, "The less I'm out in public conducting business for the team, the better we'll be off. It's hard to forget this gruesome face"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:21:58/10-12-16)
"All good points. For similar reasons neither Mike nor I should be seen anywhere near the Island.
I had hoped for Torrent to be here for this, now I'm hoping the doctor will show up. It might therefore fall on your shoulders Krestov."

Schmitt nodded at the troll: "Just be careful. The natives aren't much better where meta discrimination is concerned, but very much worse where white people are the subject."

He turned to Kite:
"The subs will be delivered by Mike within a few days. Enough time to brush up your piloting skills in that area if you need to. You'll find the appropriate tutor soft in the library."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (14:46:10/10-12-16)
[spoiler]I'll summarize the conversation with Kite so that we can proceed. bnc will apologize with an embarrassed smile. She doesn't speak Spanish at all. In Austria (where she comes from) youths speak a weird sociolect that consists of different European languages, most of them either Spanish or English, but also French, some Scandinavian languages and even Latin. The only foreign language she knows is English.

bnc will try to compensate for this with a lot of (real) enthusiasm for the drones and vehicle Kite shows her. She's got a Control Rig herself (but only recently) and is still thrilled by the possibility to feel flying vehicles while you're Jumped in. If they do get along well, bnc would eventually ask her shyly whether she might borrow one of her drones one time but will do so timidly, basically the way you would ask a stranger whether you might sleep in their fancy water bed or something.
If she's allowed to use her RCC, she'd love to try it out since she's never touched one before. bnc, at other times displaying an air of arrogance, willingly slips into the role of a student and has Kite explain everything she wants, carefully trying not to wear out her patience.
If they do get along (which I think), bnc will allow Kite to slave her drones to Kite's RCC in case of need.[/spoiler]

"All right, so Krestov and Anna it will be. Fine by me, I've got some stuff to do. Be careful with her, six-eight-six-two."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:36:50/10-12-16)
Something about the way Sprinklers said Anna felt terrifying. If the first time everybody were new and Sprinklers was high. There is no way that she missed it the second time now that she is sober, darn she was more fun under the influence. Her heart raced when she understood that it was going to be her and Krestov... 

She said "We'll still need you bnc on this specific case even if you do not plan to come in the flesh. The way I see cooperate business women they are more related to sharks than to humans. They do not play fair, they find and use whatever they can to their advantage. We'll need to know everything that may be relevant, so when we see other  buyers you'll need to be quick to figure them out.
I am also interested in the boring technical details about how the sale is going to be decided.  Is it a vote? an auction? do someone in the family get a veto? In other words, who are the important people to please to seal the deal.

I hope I do not come up as overly eager but I kind of like to be prepared."
 
To herself she thinks "... and if Sprinklers is going to whisper these hints to me in a sexy voice like in the movies, she is going to be nova hot. "

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (22:08:37/10-12-16)
When Devon returned to the Oasis, he ordered the truck’s dog brain into a meandering route at a low speed.  As he rolled through the neighborhood, he exchanged waves with several residents he knew and a few he didn’t.   He passed a few pieces of scrip to “Bad Egg” Larry, who insisted on smearing his filthy sleeve across the windshield by way of thank you, and when he saw Berta Reed coughing into her sleeve as she prowled for her next trick, he stopped to give her some antibiotics (with a little kick to them) on the promise she would stop through the Clinic next week.

Arriving at the aforementioned location, he parked under the one working streetlight on the block, the truck’s unofficial parking space.  He left the keyfob at the desk when he entered as he looked for Dr. Harris.  As luck would have it, the clinic was quiet that night and Devon found Max Harris was seated in his office, dictating to a machine at least 15 years old.

Without missing a beat, he pointed to a chair and pushed a file that way, still talking about the abscess he removed from an elderly troll’s back.  Devon opened the file and scanned the contents, seeing immediately what his father thought was so interesting, and check a few more pages of the notes the receiving intern had written.  When he closed the file he smiled, his father finished up his notes as he returned the grin, then raised an eyebrow as he turned off the recording.

“It’s not a goblinization variant, she never received proper vaccinations as a child.  James has never heard of it before, and we will need a culture to be sure, but Agnes is suffering from shingles.” The father and son laughed, like the colleagues they had grown to be the last few years and they moved on to talking about other cases and the minutiae of running the clinic.

Devon was careful to avoid making any statements about things that HE would do for various patients, and finally his father paused, looking at the young man then giving an exaggerated “ooooh!”

“What?” said Devon, taken aback.

“You’re finally going to tell me about this ‘shadowrunning’ you have been doing for months now, aren’t you?  Two-toes must have gotten you a big job.”

Devon gaped for a full five seconds, then with another laugh he said, “I am supposed to be the wizard in this family, so why is it that you are the one who reads minds?”

“No telepathy involved son, had a young man come in about six weeks ago, looking for ‘that skinny little slitch, Flatline.’  He was carrying his real arm with his cybered one.  After we kept him from losing any more blood and treated the shock, we chatted a bit before the Doc Wagon guys showed up to take him to SGH.” Max shrugged and Devon knew the rest of the story.  After King Chrome had spilled the beans on him, his father began quietly asking questions.  Doctor Harris knew Two-Toes, and Tom and Theresa at the Curio Corner, so he could easily get the whole story.

At least the story to this point…

“Well, you’re right, my fixer got me a really good job, obviously I can’t tell you anything, but I won’t be around for a while…Don’t worry, I made arrangements to get some help here…but when I come back, I may have the scratch to get legit and go to school…”

“Or you could end up in prison, hurt, or dead.” Maxwell finished for him, cutting him off, “Isn’t that right?”  The chummy feeling was gone, his father had wonderful bedside manner, but he could cut straight through the drek when he needed to and get his patients up to speed.

“I could, but I want to do it.  It feels right.” Devon said.

“That is WWD talking.” his father said, without any real heat.  The younger Harris shrugged and smiled, WWD stood for Walks With Deer, his mother’s Pinkskin Salish name.  Max Harris used it to designate those strange parts of their lives that are a result of her influence.

“I still need you tonight, and this replacement better not be a dud, it looks like we will need them for a while.  Go get ‘em, FLATLINE.”

------------------------

Those last four words echo in his mind the next day as he walks up to the building with a duffel of gear over his shoulder.

As he entered, he heard himself referred to across the building.



"...now I'm hoping the doctor will show up. It might therefore fall on your shoulders Krestov."

He hustles up to the group, dropping his bag on the way, "I'm here, I can do it.  What am I doing?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:23:32/10-13-16)
Schmitt looked up: "Ah, there he is. How does the Tolkien quote go: A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Welcome. We were just discussing the first minor part of the operation - leasing a boat house over there on Council Island.
It would be very beneficial if you could accompany Yael and Krestov as well as bnc.
Yes bnc, I know you can do most of your stuff remotely, but since it's much safer to not rely on noise reduction, I'd prefer if you at least sat in the car. Not to mention that should there be unforseen problems I'd like you to employ your new rigger talents and get the team back here.

Kite, I'd like you to be present virtually through some of the roach drones.

Slobbertooth, you and Mike can use the time to fetch the submersibles.

As for the lease process:
It's not an auction, the price is fixed and quite outrageous, but the new owners, Tom and Mary Masterson, insist on meeting the potential new renters beforehand - face to face. They'll do a little tour through their  boat houses and talk to each of the applicants, deciding afterwards who gets the lease.
I've secured us a slot on the tour, but the competition will be likely stiff. If you get there early enough, you might be able to get a list who else is coming. You can try to delay them, or any other method of making sure you get the deal. You being a representative of a small corps should be good at least  to get them to consider you."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:14:21/10-13-16)
Anna looks at Devon and makes a quick non verbal hello - his arrival is a sigh of release, a mage from a family of awakened, probably has been casting spells when she got freaked out about the astral world not understanding what it was she is seeing and hearing and not having anyone to consult or talk to about it.  Anna looked at Sprinklers with anticipation, thinking to herself "I wonder how fast is she going to take to learn everything there is to know about them with her matrix magic." Then with anxiety Thinking "Damn... I am probably on her list as well, or maybe I am just paranoid. If the doctor will not shut up about Yael, sooner or later I would be blackmailed."  Her look then moved to Krestov just for a moment - and then she looked back at the doctor, where her attention should have remained to begin with.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (09:54:17/10-14-16)
Slobbertooth gave Mike a thumbs up. "Wiz."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (12:10:13/10-14-16)
Quote from: Yael
"[...]
I am also interested in the boring technical details about how the sale is going to be decided.  Is it a vote? an auction? do someone in the family get a veto? In other words, who are the important people to please to seal the deal.

I hope I do not come up as overly eager but I kind of like to be prepared."

"En contraire, sweet meat, those questions are good. Information is my business and I like girls who know what they want." bnc looks her directly in the eye for a split-second, pausing, before she turns to Schmitt.

"How much time do I have? I need to polish my boat skills before we can set out. Also, I've got a shitload of recon to do. Like, elephant shit load."

She then turns to Mike. "Janitor, please fetch me a supply of cafcit. Caffeine citrate. For intravenous administration. I'm gonna have to make night to day, as you say in German speaking countries."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:46:29/10-14-16)
Yael  looked at bnc, that seems to be focused and in a better mood then yesterday. Her boasting yesterday, eye contact and flirty talk makes Yael think that the young decker may be interested in her. Though she had to admit that she was an enigma to her, hardcore professional and eager to pick up new skills, she even asks for intravenous caffeine that seems a bit drastic, but it makes Yael feel safe.
 
She adds "I can familiarize myself with the location with some astral visit, or even a real visit should anyone be interested. If you give me the file of my fake SIN I'll carefully learn it so that I can convincingly impersonate it." She smiles at bnc, and says 
"Think about the implications of a fixed price when you do the digging...  They do not care about the money, they are confident that they are going to sell at the price they want. Yet they insist on meeting the buyer rather than closing the deal as quickly as possible. This means that their decision is going to be based on something else - but what?

Will they sale to someone that they can be their friend?
Will they sale to someone that are attracted to ?
Will they sale to someone that shares their values?

These can be powerful hints that may help us score the deal.
"
 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (22:18:51/10-14-16)
"Okay, so I am supposed to be one of these corp types?  I can do that, let me just stow my gear...Quick question, who's Yael?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (00:14:44/10-15-16)
My key to find out who Boobydoll really is. My door to the stage of payback time.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:37:47/10-15-16)
Yael was embarrassed mr. Shmidt should not have used a name she was uncomfortable with. Yet embarrassment was a sign of weakness, and showing weakness only invited additional exploitation. So Yael kept her emotions as stable as she could and trusted her sharp tongue to get her out of this mess.

"It used to be my runner name, it is from the bible and describes an heroine that is both seductive and deadly..."  She paused for a brief second to gather her thoughts and continued  "Basically, Yael hosts in her tent an escaping general. She lavishly hosts him and gives him more than he asks. She does it so well that trust is aquired and the general goes to sleep. Then she smites his head with a hammer and kills him, seductive and deadly... this was what I was about, but I do not go by that name anymore.  I now call myself Anna as it matches my SIN, I figured out it is more stealthy than making up a distinctive shadow name.  After all, many women call themselves Anna but few people go by the handle Flatline.  Mr. Schmidt here was able to trace me way back up to my previous shadow name and I am honestly quite impressed, few Johnsons ever go so thoroughly. "

She said and smiled her devious smile at Schmidt, and nodded appreciatively as if that kind of extensive background check has made her feel important. Yael hoped that the doctor was not going to embarrass her further - and if he was testing her under pressure she hoped that she passed his test.

[spoiler]
Yael is Anna's real name, the one her parents gave her, but ofc she is not going to just admit it to a bunch of strangers.
Especially as she is enrolled in university under a different name and so forth. So Yael is lying to the best of her ability
and is quite convincing when she does that.
(I rolled her con for RP to determine how convincing she sounds...  con(fast talk) (http://orokos.com/roll/445661): 9d6t5 5)
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:04:46/10-15-16)
Schmitt just nodded at Anna, keeping a poker face:
"Regarding the start of the mission: Your tour slot is tomorrow at 1000h. You take the Interstate 90 bridge to get on the Island, let yourself be checked an verified, establishing the reason why you are going there. Having property on the island will make it much easier for you all to get through the controls in the future.
I'd suggest you get there at least two hours early, so you can make sure, only the inappropriate renters get there. Mastersons don't live here and are expected to arrive with an early flight from Denver.
Both are what you could call Yuppies: He is a lawyer and she works as a marketing manager. A cursory matrix search hasn't shown any particular weaknesses - but as a marketing expert I suspect she has their matrix tracks sanitized. He is a golfer and she's an avid horsewoman. 

You have a bit less than 24 hours to prepare - no need to start with an all-nighter though. I'd prefer you are well rested. bnc you might want to invest into a sleep regulator some time. I can personally attest to its great functionality. After the lease thing is done you'll have more than enough time for all the other investigations. The guard rooster is current up to the 7th of January. The best strike time will be around the holidays when there is less regular personal and the atmosphere in general is more relaxed." 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (10:41:44/10-15-16)
[spoiler]Judge Intentions (http://orokos.com/roll/445737): 7d6t5 1
bnc swallowed it for the time being ;-)[/spoiler]

"24 hours? Are you-"
bnc suddenly reminds herself who she's talking with. She clears her throat.
"I guess there are sensible reasons why you couldn't have sent 'em invitations two or three days earlier, right?"
bnc inhales.

"24 hours is little time. Can you please deliver any information you already have on the case. Who exactly is selling, by which means did he publicize the sale? What do you slash we already know about the competition?
Also, please provide us with our SINs and back stories.

If there isn't anything else to do, I'd start my work.
Thanks for the tip with sleep regulator. It wouldn't've been necessary i-. Nevermind.

Ah, Kite, two more things. a) You think you can show me the ropes about boating? b) Are you able to remote-Jump In the boat if necessary?

Right, anything else? If not, I'll do the elemental."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:32:32/10-15-16)
"I worked on this as fast as I could - finding your team wasn't easy. Mike was exceedingly lucky to get hold of your current comm codes. In addition, the tour date wasn't fixed until a few days ago. As I said, the original owner from whom I originally planed to lease the boat house died.

But first things first: Your corporate SINs.

bnc, you are Ruth Axes, Analyst.
Krestov you are Jonathan King, Chief of Security
Slobbertooth becomes Michael Maday, Compliance Officer
Flatline is Dr. Justin Thyme,  Head of Purchasing
Anna you'll be Roberta Ublind, Abstractor at Purchasing
Kite goes by Naimsa Lei, Pilot

And just to be clear: You are taking the car to get to the island. The only boat we'll be using will be the submersible and that won't be here until Mike and Slobbertooth fetch it tomorrow.

Her is the info dump on the pair."

Schmitt used the RCC to slot a chip and sent it to the team's commlinks.

<<Dosier: Mastersons

Tom Masterson, 35 (born August 18th 2041) Caucasian, male, hetero, 178cm, blond, blue eyed. Only child.
Lawyer at Kimble, Kimble and Kline (Business Law), Handicap 10, allergic to shellfish, 1 failed previous marriage, married since 2059 to

Mary Masterson née White 32 (born April 4th 2044), Caucasian-native heritage, female, hetero-flexible, 175cm, black, green eyed. Youngest of three sisters
Marketing Manager for Porta Nova Network, Seattle division, won silver at the 2060 Olympic Games in Show Jumping (Horse), recently revoked an application to adopt an one year old girl. Daughter of

Valery White née Crow, deceased at 63 (born November 5th, 2013), Native, female.
Owner of Whitewall Diners chain, estate estimated at 18.6 million Nuyen. Drowned in her bathtub due to alcohol and opiate abuse. Testament devised property in equal shares to her surviving daughters.

Boat houses:
Six boat houses for vessels of 20 m length at 8218 Avalon Drive, Seattle.
150.000 Nuyen annual rent per unit.>> 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (17:24:09/10-15-16)
"That's a great name, wish the idiot that saddled me with Flatline had been that creative.  So you prefer Anna?  That's understandable, easier to blend that way."

Once he has heard the details such as they are on the first part of the run, Devon went to put away his gear, programming his link to feed him information about golf.  The game itself, local courses, the pro circuit, anything that would be useful to help him speak to the owner of the boats and converse intelligently.  Not so much to appear an expert, but just enough to be seen as an eager novice, which any young doctor should be considered.  He had no illusions about being technically proficient at the game, athletics beyond the health aspects escaped his understanding, but then again, most good golfers seem to prefer someone they can show off to and chat with as a friend, rather than deal with any competition.

Once he finished, he took the tour, paying special attention to the med facilities and asking about reagents.

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:47:05/10-16-16)
The young mage was amused that she managed to market 'Yael' as a legitimate shadow name, last minute save.  She nodded at Flatline and said"Flatline sounds pretty much badass, especially since you embraced it. "   As Yael glossed over the details provided by Schmidt, the one detail that excited her was the 'hetro-flexible' sexual orientation of the wife," Maybe I am going to get that threesome after all" she thought and grinned with a silly smile. It was a silly idea, and Yael quickly forced it out of her head.  She read out loud her role.  "Roberta Ublind, an abstract for purchasing." After  a short pause she asked "Care to explain a bit what is Roberta's day job ? It says very little to me I afraid... I do not want to butch it."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:20:21/10-16-16)
"An abstractor is a fancy word for research assistant - only that your job includes to find and preprocess information for your boss, so that they only need to take one look at one small file instead of thousands of it.
Meteor Enterprises is a Nigeria based corp, specialized in preparing travel arrangements for foreign rich people, visiting Nigeria and the other way round for their rich to visit foreign countries.
If anyone asks, that's why Mike and Joe will appear there. Which reminds me: You all will need some high class suits and dresses. If you don't have one yet, Mike will take care of you."
Schmitt answered.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (07:59:35/10-16-16)
 Anna continued and asked "... and my boss is Dr. Justin Thyme? Who is Joe and does Mike also get a SIN? Also I have a feeling that I need something cheaper than the Rasing huntress if Roberta is just an abstractor. What do you think?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:51:47/10-16-16)
"Sorry, I meant Jonathan and Michael or Krestov and Slobbertooth. Honestly, women fashion is my weakspot knowledge wise. I'd have stuck you all in Executive Suits and be done with it."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:31:00/10-16-16)
"Oh silly me...  I takes a bit to get used to these new names." She giggled and thought "He is probably single and is working so hard... if he has a wife at his social standing than it was nice if he paid attention to her fashion."
She continue and demonstrates her awareness of the etiquette of cooperate life.
"A glorified research assistant that goes around in a 13k dress ,like the one I wore yesterday, is definitely having an affair with her boss and is too silly to try and hide it. I can play that kind of assistant I can be flirty and everything.  The question is if it helps our cause. The head of purchasing holds a position of power and influence, he will wear better clothes than his assistant, people that live in suits can tell the difference.

 I was thinking something cheap for the junior cooperates like the driver and the abstractor,  and something significantly more lucrative for the head of purchasing and the chief of security. I am not sure how senior a compliance officer is, but cooperate is an extremely hierarchical environment, well get passed the security without questions but do not expect to fool people that are part of this system if you do not understand how a person of your social status behaves. I mean, this couple may not want to sell that place to a bunch of criminal shadowrunners - so they should get the real deal.  So no, not just cooperate suits for all of us, there are suits and there are suits and the small details are important."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (11:07:56/10-16-16)
"Sorry, no offense intended.

So, Ruth, eh? Is there any background I'm supposed to know? What exactly am I an analyst of? Boat houses?

A suit..? I s'pose a band T-shirt doesn't count as a suit, does it? Am I s'posed to wear one? I'm gonna stay in the car, right?"

Jeez. I might've underestimated that girl. Maybe there's more to her than just tits and Assensing. She sure knows something about dresses... Dammit, real people are out of my league, really.

bnc raises an eyebrow in Anna's direction, reluctant acknowledgment can be read in her facial expression. "You do seem to know your job. 'case I end up needing fancy suits and stuff, um, may I lay the task in your well-manicured hands? I ain't got no basics on that topic."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:32:10/10-16-16)
"Let me see, ah yes, Ruth searches the matrix for whatever the corp is interested and evaluates costs and benefits of different solutions.
Yes, ideally you'll stay in the car, but the suit or dress is also for the border patrol. A pack of well suited professionals will gain much less scrutiny than a pack of well suited professionals and a girl in a band T-shirt.
Believe me, a nice suit and a vague smile can let you in more areas than the best sneak suit.

But I'll leave you all in Anna's capable hands for that. Really, this is something I'm very confident you can figure out yourself.

MIke, if you'd be so good as to show them what we've got?"

The ork nodded and beckoned the assembled team over to another crate: "Now, you lot probably want something chic. I know a guy, who does these nice suit-armor combos. Protection, movement range and good looks in one package. Just need you to step into the 3D scanner for measurements. While you wait, you can just browse the catalog and select what you want it to look like."

[spoiler]
In effect you'll have to decide either to wear a custom tailored normal suit that looks like anything you want, or you can chose one of the armored ones from R&G up to 3000 Nuyen.


[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (11:54:01/10-16-16)
[spoiler]Hey guys.  Massive storm front rolled in, leaving me without power for a couple days.  Sorry for delays, but it seems like Jack had a handle on what role I'd be playing.  Tch, nice one.

Would a Sleeping Tiger/Longcoat combo be enough classy for this op?[/spoiler]

Krestov listened intently, recording all of the exchange for later translation.  Some of the big words were missed on him, and he did his best to keep his face stoic to not show such.  However, at a convenient moment, he gave a smile and slowly lifted his head.

"Setup is ideal.  From what sounding, Anna and Flatline good for talking to, with me there as backup.  From what Krestov understand, corps appreciating displays of protection and security, and troll good showing of that."  he lowered his gaze, folding his hands in front of his mouth.  "Krestov accept this plan.  Ready to assist how am able."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:44:30/10-16-16)
Quote from: bnc
"
bnc raises an eyebrow in Anna's direction, reluctant acknowledgment can be read in her facial expression. "You do seem to know your job. 'case I end up needing fancy suits and stuff, um, may I lay the task in your well-manicured hands? I ain't got no basics on that topic."


Anna chuckles and extends her hand with satisfaction, "It is so nice of you to notice... I can do your nails as well and I am also good with hair if you like something more business appropriate and less metal band chic. Try it,  it will be fun!... You will be a cooperate princess for a day." Anna says happily.  She can feel the tension in bnc's words but attribute it to nervousness with the mission and the fact that she may need to actually talk nicely to people.

She smiles with satisfaction as the doctor gives her his blessing to cloth the people, this is going to be so much like shopping... only they'll be stuck in that safe house. Still, free clothes are always fun - and owning a second suit is... amazing, as it is going to give Anna more infiltration options. The young mage is eager to choose clothes.

Quote from: Krestov
"Setup is ideal.  From what sounding, Anna and Flatline good for talking to, with me there as backup.  From what Krestov understand, corps appreciating displays of protection and security, and troll good showing of that."  he lowered his gaze, folding his hands in front of his mouth.  "Krestov accept this plan.  Ready to assist how am able."

"Your mare presence makes me feel safe, Mr. King, even if your attention should mainly be given to Dr. Thyme, I know that you will keep an eye for me too." She said and winked at Krestov. Anna tried to familiarize herself with their new SIN names so that she will not accidentally say the wrong name tomorrow.
 








Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (14:35:44/10-16-16)
"It is so nice of you to notice"? "It will be so fun. We will be best friends" "Your mere presence makes me feel safe"? Somebody get me a bucket right now. I'm about to vomit.

[spoiler]Hide her disgust, act professional: Con (http://orokos.com/roll/446125): 5d6t5 1
barely[/spoiler]

bnc's facial expression can hardly hide her feelings towards a semi-professional barbie doll who is rendered giggling by the thought of doing bnc's fingernails. She's about to snap a nasty answer, when a thought occurs to her that sends shivers down her spine.

"M... Muss ich ein Kleid tragen?"
Something close to horror is carved in bnc's face.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:44:06/10-16-16)
"M... Muss ich ein Kleid tragen?"
Something close to horror is carved in bnc's face.


"Ich habe gehört in diesem Land dürfen auch Frauen Hosen tragen. Ein Hosenanzug wird sich organisieren lassen." Schmitt replied with a laconic smirk.

[spoiler=Translation]

bnc: "Do I need to wear a dress?"
Schmitt: "I've heard that women are allowed to wear trousers in this country. We should be able to find a pantsuit for you."

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:14:13/10-16-16)
Anna looks at bnc, she can read her face even with out her third eye, but does not do anything to further embarrass her. She feels the need to keep practicing her role for tomorrow, a bit flirty and giggly good looking assistant, the kind that will not threaten anyone and people will feel safe around. She takes the role very seriously, and is uncertain exactly why bnc feels offended by that. "Perhaps she is hot for me... and me flirting with someone else makes her... jealous?! or perhaps she just likes Krestov and is intimidated by me.  That girl is like a minefield and  I am just trying to get in character so that I do not mess up... I cannot afford to mess it up, it is my big chance to prove that I am professional."
[spoiler]
Anna is not buying it ;)
resist con (http://orokos.com/roll/446140): 11d6t5 3
[/spoiler]

She decides to text bnc - the decker probably has a DNI and it should be the most discreet >> Should I make Beckie less flirty and more all business?
 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (20:25:38/10-17-16)
Krestov allowed himself a small smirk at Anna's enthusiasm, closing his eyes with arms crossed, head bowed slightly.  "Is job of security to keep all assets of team safe.  I, Johnathan King, will provide such.  My suit should be suiting for this project, but will accept alternative if needing."  He stood up slowly, pausing as the meeting seemed to adjourn following an exchange between Anna and bnc.  Shrugging, he looked to the others and bowed his head to them as well.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (21:12:07/10-17-16)
Devon is looking around the base, trying to find a space appropriate for a ritual circle should one be needed, when it hits him.  To his credit, it only took him three times of introducing himself to get it.  To his detriment, it took three times, but in his defense he was more concerned about making sure the ID had proper medical, magical and combat magic item licenses.

Finding Dr. Schmitt, he tried to address the issue mildly, "I have met people who have these kinds of problems, they generally aren't very pleasant people to be around when the subject comes up.  Is it a good idea to have my role have a name so distinctive?  I am no actor, I don't really know how I am supposed to play this out.  Do I lean into it and play along?  Act oblivious?  How does this work?"  He is genuinely curious about how to handle being named Justin Thyme (just in time).
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (23:18:10/10-17-16)
Anna bows back to mr. King and then struggles to contain the laugh.when she realises that her boss is now named jus in time. "I guess you are very punctual mr. Time"  she said smirking.  That name would be easy to remember, in fact it would be hard to forget.

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (02:55:04/10-18-16)
Schmitt looked at Flatline with a quizzical expression: "If the name is embarrassing to you, just don't say your first name, or say it in French, or use a nickname like Juss or whatever.
Really, you can let your creativity run free. This first outing is for all intents and purposes a practice run. Relax and learn to live your role. Imagine how it was to grow up with parents who gave you such a name. How it formed you in school, drove you to fight other children or withdraw and study to show them all. Having a remarkable name will make you stay in the minds of others. It's your choice what they remember about you.

Once again I'm missing Torrent, that Elf would have much more knowledge about assuming identities.

Oh and by the way: There is a raised platform in the room opposite the library. It's made from marble so you can use chalk or grease markers for your ritual circle."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (04:24:24/10-18-16)
"And here I was thinking that the point is they not remember me at all..."  Devon said with a grin.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:51:02/10-18-16)
"Not if you are in a competition with others who want to rent a highly sought after property.

So, enough about the looks and feels. I've got a few errands to run of my own. I'll leave you in Mike's capable hands. I'll be back tomorrow and wait for your success report."

He nodded to the team and left the building on foot.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (07:17:52/10-18-16)
bnc smirks slightly. "You must be joking, right?"
It's difficult to tell whether this is directed to Mr. Schmitt or Krestov.

bnc is the first to leave the conference hall as she has already got up. After a shower she meets with Anna in her room to get the dress/suit fixed (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=25164.0). After that, she lets herself fall into the seat to start the research.

[spoiler]Do we have a seat in which she can stay online for many hours? Like some fancy highly expensive ergonomic model? She's gonna need one.[/spoiler]

She begins the investigation by inspecting the private host and/or all places in which he placed advertisment about the sale and/or introduces himself. From this, she'll try and create a profile about the mean.
After having figured out the basics (which mean in her way of thinking: a profound investigation on the subject), she draws wider circles of intel:

Of course she will go astray if she finds evidence of other interesting things to know.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: badneighbor on (08:09:52/10-18-16)
Kite retreated inward a bit as Schmitt's briefing went on.  Drek,  she thought,  of course it was going to be watercraft. I never take aquatic runs. Need to make time, now, to study up on that. Doubly bad, bnc had asked for boating lessons.  Do the best you can, she told herself and agreed to help bnc later. She quietly nodded along as the Johnson and the rest of the team went on to discuss the finer points of the plan. Once Schmitt called it, she strode quickly back to her workstation in the garage and got right to it.

The shop drones were finished with the Trailblazer and Kite was impressed with their work so she set them to work on el Grande next. She then returned to the case of roaches and he set them to run diagnostics on her cyberware in much the same way. She selected two, however, and instructed their pilot programs to follow Krestov and Anna, respectively, and stay out of sight while doing so. She didn't want to miss their departure while she was distracted with everything else.

She continued to set up shop, cleaning and preparing all of her gear, tools, drones, and vehicles.

[spoiler]Kite will ask permission of the owners of any other vehicles if she can take care of them as well, just to make sure everything's in good working order. Assuming they all agree, by the time she's done she'll have everything pulled into the garage and parked neatly in a row, facing the garage doors. Anything that doesn't fit will be parked just as neatly outside.[/spoiler]

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:05:12/10-18-16)
[spoiler]
@bnc
That would be your bed which can be raised like a hospital bed.

There is a 8 point Noise level due to distance involved. Using a satellite receiver can reduce that to 5

The white wall restaurant chain - with which the estate is associated -  has an R6 commercial host with A6 S7 D9 F8

@badneighbor
You can assume the drones are buying hits for 4 dice
With one Drone at Pilot 6 and Autosoft 6 + 11 helpers you start at 23
So for the first 3 time increments you can assume 5 hits for every task

[/spoiler]

A quick search on the two landlords showed that they were at the moment in London with their two Transsys Avalon commlinks. To get at their call history or any potential list of interested renters, bnc would have to hack one of them. A cursory search showed that the boathouses where not advertised for rent. 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:46:23/10-18-16)
Anna gets up first to be scanned for the AR catalog, she then leaves to her room waiting for bnc. She will help whomever wants it to find a nice looking suit...  "Guys, if anyone needs to look different than you look now I am a professional with cosmetics, props and disguises so let me know.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (14:55:01/10-18-16)
[spoiler]Hm. That's not exactly what I was thinking of but I guess it'll have to do ^^

Wiz! I'm in!
Satellite link (Noise 5) - 2 (Vectored Signal Filter) - 2 (Signal Scrub) = -1 dice pool modifier.

I'm loading my default Stealth Configuration (3654, built-in Encryption, Virtual Machine (Configurator loading Battle Mode, Sneak), Signal Scrub, Exploit, Stealth).

I assume that their intuition is below 8 and thus roll 14 dice for their Opposed roll.
Attack Host:
Hacking on the Fly (http://orokos.com/roll/446905): 18d6t5 9
Opposed Roll (http://orokos.com/roll/446906): 14d6t5 7

Whew.

Enter Host.

Attack commlink:
Hacking on the Fly (http://orokos.com/roll/446907): 18d6t5 4
Opposed Roll (http://orokos.com/roll/446908): 14d6t5 2

:D 9 to 7, then 4 to 2 ^^ <3

I have a mark on it.
I swap Exploit for Edit and thus gain +2 Data Processing.

Copy File (http://orokos.com/roll/446909): 16d6t5 7

Opposed Roll (http://orokos.com/roll/446911): 14d6t5 5[/spoiler]

After coming back from Anna's room, bnc goes straight for the challenge. Once she's found the guy they're buying from, she can barely hide her agitation (which is no problem, since she's alone in the room). Taking a last sip of her drink (carefully monitoring her alcohol level to stay around the Bulmer peak), she dives into cyberspace.

Before she goes on the venture, she digitally moves into the hall down. She creates a group channel in which they can communicate and share data. In addition, she designates a free corner in the wall as her "info room":
<@team <chicas & chicos i proudly present the info room. here im gonna display all info available in form of a big ARO collection. ill keep u updated. if u find data please forward them to me & lemme put it there orderly. thats my playground but u r all allowed to watch and play double-check?
& now lets fill that void w/ some mp of data chummers>

bnc sets up her satellite dish and makes herself comfortable, resisting the urge of taking one more drink (or sniff). She quickly invades the host, finds the wanted commlink and bypasses the security checks. Once she's hacked the file, she downloads all recent communication to her cyberdeck, checkswhether she hasn't missed something interesting on his commlink.
If there is more, she'll go get it. If not, she'll look through the data and put it on the info screen (interesting passages already highlighted, references double-checked, and so on).
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:37:24/10-18-16)
Seeing the new room Anna watches carefully and whispers  her subvocal mic "Go get them babe". She watches with curiosity as the info room fills with information.   
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:35:07/10-18-16)
With impressive speed, bnc cracked the commlink that lay a half world away.
Copying the files was no more difficult than doing so from her own link.

From the data within she extracted a list of five other potential renters, including their commlink numbers:

- Charles Whitman, board member of Crashcart unlimited and fellow golfer, personal acquaintance of Tom Masterson. A very hot candidate to get the bid, lives in Seattle. Not married, but a womanizer.
- Anna Tschernenko, Russian painter and sculptor (Neo-Post-Post-Modernist style), eccentric and renowned for passionate (some would say intoxicated) displays at inappropriate moments. Lives in St. Petersburg. Has had multiple run ins with the police, has been charged with vandalism and assault against police officers.
- Blake Coleman, prosecuting attorney in Seattle, well connected with Knight Errant and Lone Star. Lives in Seattle. Has a very busy work live with very tight schedules.
- Joe Crow, Amerindian Shaman and resident on Council Island as part of the diplomatic corps. Might have a drinking problem.
- Lee Wong, high ranking Wuxing manager, Oxford educated and still enthusiastic rower. Lives in London. Strong believer in Feng Shui.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (21:03:03/10-18-16)
Krestov smiled as he saw the info board as it was being formed, tacking on his own translation protocols for his version to keep better track of the influx of information for his own reading.  Sighing, he pulled up his messenger to give a quick message to the decker.

<<@bnc: well done, malyutka.  No doubt you are capable to the others now :) >>

With that sent, the troll took a look around, things on his mind as he left the others more versed in intelligence to do the searching.  Instead, a thought had occurred as he stepped through into the garage, already finding the rigger at work organizing everything.  Pulling up a small AR window, he pulled up a file he had saved before loading it into a small datachip.  Clearing his throat, he got the woman's attention.

"Pardons.  Naming is Kite, da?  Here..."  He made sure not to step on anything as he offered the chip.  "Is my weight with and without gear.  Whenever work with vehicle specialists, am always asked.  Something about suspension and balance or something.  Hope this saves time..."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (00:16:28/10-19-16)
Josiah first went to speak to Mike about the team's equipment. "So what kgear do we already have on stock for breaking and entering and exiting a secured area discretely?

Slobbertooth was interested by Anna's offer to give them a look over in terms of disguise. "You wouldn't happen to have anything that would take care of these would you, short of grinding them down?," he said pointing his namesake tusks.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:52:30/10-19-16)
Anna looked at slober carefully and said "I can make them appear smaller, perception is a combination of many things and by controlling their coloration and perhaps making the rest of your face appear a little bit wider they would be perceived smaller."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:14:28/10-19-16)
Mike shrugged: "What do you need? I've got autopicks, card copiers, hardware tools, data taps, glove molders, micro welders and mono saws.
For disguise I've got synthskin face masks, a theatrical cosmetics kit and a smart wig, plus polychromic lenses.

I could get you some nanite paste, but it's not recommended to use them anymore."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (17:33:20/10-19-16)
Slobbertooth weighed all of the options presented to him.


"I'll go with wearing a helmet."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (18:21:52/10-19-16)
As Devon examined the data in the white room he began brainstorming possibilities.
[/quote]
Quote


- Charles Whitman, board member of Crashcart unlimited and fellow golfer, personal acquaintance of Tom Masterson. A very hot candidate to get the bid, lives in Seattle. Not married, but a womanizer.

Absolutely the most dangerous opposition, but easiest to access.  We can set a girl on him, have her keep him occupied.  Or simply arrange transportation difficulties if we can find his house.

Quote

- Anna Tschernenko, Russian painter and sculptor (Neo-Post-Post-Modernist style), eccentric and renowned for passionate (some would say intoxicated) displays at inappropriate moments. Lives in St. Petersburg. Has had multiple run ins with the police, has been charged with vandalism and assault against police officers.

If she is still in St. Peterburg we can possibly delay or misdirect her flight and take her out of the equation.  Another possibility if she has warrants is to simply tip off the police.  Could be a hothead, easily to provoke in person.

Quote
- Blake Coleman, prosecuting attorney in Seattle, well connected with Knight Errant and Lone Star. Lives in Seattle. Has a very busy work live with very tight schedules.

Another we can definitely mess up with travel problems, or drop a credible death threat rumor, have him get overprotected by his own contacts.  Any run-ins with Natives that we could use?

Quote
- Joe Crow, Amerindian Shaman and resident on Council Island as part of the diplomatic corps. Might have a drinking problem.

Biggest problem, can't mess with his travel, may just have to outbid and outcharm him.  Get him drinking and let nature take it's course?  Maybe with something in a drink to heighten effects. 

Quote
- Lee Wong, high ranking Wuxing manager, Oxford educated and still enthusiastic rower. Lives in London. Strong believer in Feng Shui.

Know little about Feng Shui, maybe use it against him.  Another problem traveler, he could be coming with hosts. 

<<Feel free to add or critique guys, we need plans.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (06:30:11/10-20-16)
We should be careful not to take out too many of them. This would be suspicious. Two or three of them should actually arrive at the meeting.

My ideas on the topic:

 - Charles Whitman: I agree that a girl should take care of him. Maybe Anna? We should have a plan B for him, to be sure. I could havoc with his car, but I'm not really satisfied with the idea. Maybe we can send Slob to scare the heck outta him?

 - Anna Tschernenko: Maybe we can fake a crime and thus start an investigation that keeps her off? It should do to keep her a few days.

 - Blake Coleman: I propose we invite him to a meeting he can't possibly cancel. With a little more research and a nice hack here or there I should be able to distract him for the day.

 - Joe Crow: Let's just be nice with him and be more charming.

 - Lee Wong: I agree that we could hinder his journey. If not, he might be the second competitor we can afford to reach the island.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (08:57:57/10-20-16)
Anna said "I do not mind flirting a bit with Charles Whitman but he will not miss a million Nguyen deal just for an attractive lady, seduction may be the beginning of the plan but something else should happen in that plan that prevents him from arriving at the meeting. "

She also commented "With enough information, perhaps I can try and impersonate the other Anna in order to fool the security cameras somewhere. I just do not want to get to prison so, figure out..."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (12:15:00/10-20-16)
bnc sighs. "Carajo, Torrent, where the fuck are you?

Yeah, something definitely should happen. Maybe we shouldn't drug him. Since he is a personal acquaintance, they will talk to each other. We shouldn't risk rising suspicion.
What about we leave the seduction part be and prevent him from flying? If by some bastante malo bad luck there are serious traffic problems? I can fuck with cars, traffic lights, taxis, and so forth.
We shoudln't do anything pllump with that one.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:28:23/10-20-16)
Anna grinned and asked "What would Torrent do in that situation? Perhaps we can cover for his role with some of the new talent in this room"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (13:02:02/10-20-16)
"He was an adept who had the ability to change his facial features, color of skin, voice, basically everything. He would have done a wonderful job in faking one of the potential buyers."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:18:07/10-20-16)
Anna smirked  and then said "Well... I cannot be anyone but if some of the females are roughly my size, I am very good with disguises and what skill I have can be augmented with a dash of magic. I can also try and make one of the guys look like one of the the buyers altering skin and eye coloration, making someone look older or younger, even taller or shorter to a degree. It is all mundane cosmetic use and some basic props, like wigs face extensions and so forth."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: badneighbor on (00:43:15/10-21-16)
Pulling up a small AR window, he pulled up a file he had saved before loading it into a small datachip.  Clearing his throat, he got the woman's attention.

"Pardons.  Naming is Kite, da?  Here..."  He made sure not to step on anything as he offered the chip.  "Is my weight with and without gear.  Whenever work with vehicle specialists, am always asked.  Something about suspension and balance or something.  Hope this saves time..."

Kite blinked and watched the big troll for a moment, then took the chip, slotting it in her commlink right away. She cracked a smile as she moved the file to her own AR display. “It is Kite, yes, though I guess maybe I should get used to ‘Naimsa Lei’ for now? Thank you, Mr. Kres-- er, King. This is worth considering.” She passes the information to her shop drones, who turn around to go re-check the suspension systems for each vehicle.

[spoiler]If Krestov lingers, Kite will happily make small talk with him while she works. If he has anything very important he’d like to say, she will halt her various projects to give him her full attention.[/spoiler]


Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:24:02/10-21-16)
We should be careful not to take out too many of them. This would be suspicious. Two or three of them should actually arrive at the meeting.

My ideas on the topic:

 - Charles Whitman: I agree that a girl should take care of him. Maybe Anna? We should have a plan B for him, to be sure. I could havoc with his car, but I'm not really satisfied with the idea. Maybe we can send Slob to scare the heck outta him?

 - Anna Tschernenko: Maybe we can fake a crime and thus start an investigation that keeps her off? It should do to keep her a few days.

 - Blake Coleman: I propose we invite him to a meeting he can't possibly cancel. With a little more research and a nice hack here or there I should be able to distract him for the day.

 - Joe Crow: Let's just be nice with him and be more charming.

 - Lee Wong: I agree that we could hinder his journey. If not, he might be the second competitor we can afford to reach the island.

Mike chimed in: "From the sound of it you want Tschernenko opposing Coleman. Those two sound like extreme opposites. In regard to drugs: I can get you most of the street stuff within the hour if you want to knock out Whitman and make it look like some floozy put one over her john.
What I have on hand would be roadstrip ejectors - the electric frying type.
Oh and for that Crow guy: I've got a small stash of 25 year old whiskey. Lacing that with some potent narcotic would be a sin, but for the cause maybe excusable."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (04:51:12/10-21-16)
Anna said "I like that idea, let the guy with  the law enforcement connections eliminate his criminal competitor for his own personal motives. That way not all traces of foul play are pointing at us, perhaps someone can send him an anonymous tip?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (08:29:26/10-21-16)
>>I definitely think we want to use a professional to deal with the crashcart guy.Just leave him tied to a bed in a motel room for the day

Playing the Prosecutor against the russian might be a play.

My focus is the Feng Shui guy.  Thinking of dropping hints about a Sound front stage that the house boats will give a good view.  Any other ideas?<<>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (15:22:00/10-21-16)
"All right, chummers. Let's make this a bit, aye, carajo, I hate that there's no proper word für übersichtlich. Anyway..."

bnc projects a constantly updated table of the subjects onto the info wall to make it easier for everyone to keep an overview over the plans.

"I suggest, we let two of them slip through, more or less impacted. I nominate Crow and Wong, as they don't seem too dangerous.
Make, could we have that whiskey without the narcotic? That way, he might arrive slightly drunk, making a bad impression. We could be nice to him, invite him over or something. You know, display gentlemanship. Share a nice whiskey or a glass of kognac. Who would we be to deny a guest a second drink?
Or else we might meet somewhere outside. You know, be nice and stuff.

I like the idea of taking out two with one strike. Since Coleman is the most experienced with criminals, I would suggest Whitman, however. This way, Tom Masterson might also be ultimativo pissed.
So we hinder Whitman from taking off and try to make Tschernenko look the most suspicious. Even if she's not prosecuted, she's not going to get the boathouse. This way, she might even show up, making it look even less suspicious.

I also add Flatline's suggestions here, though I'm personally strictly against kidnapping a personal acquaintance of the Mastersons.
So, we have..."

namedescriptioncounter measures
Charles Whitmanpersonal acquaintance, Crashcart, womanizervehicle manipulation, flight cancellation, traces to Tschernenko; kidnapping
Anna Tschernenkoeccentric artist, aggressive, vandalismcreate false traces from Whitman to her
Blake Colemanattorney, busycreate important schedule entry
Joe CrowShaman. Drinkerinvite him
Lee WongWuxing manager, rower, Feng Shuibe more attractive than the chink; dropping bad hints

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:05:07/10-21-16)
Anna said "Perhaps an attractive woman can plant some illegal drugs in mr. Whitman's suit as he flirts with her shortly before crossing the border. I am sure it will give him bad reputation and delay him considerably. I mean - kidnapping a rich person is kind of extreme and may go sideways."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (16:52:47/10-21-16)

Make, could we have that whiskey without the narcotic? That way, he might arrive slightly drunk, making a bad impression. We could be nice to him, invite him over or something. You know, display gentlemanship. Share a nice whiskey or a glass of kognac. Who would we be to deny a guest a second drink?

This might be an idea, I can take something to inhibit any alcohol I imbibe and go shot for shot, we could get there a bit early and have him snookered before our host arrive.

Quote
I like the idea of taking out two with one strike. Since Coleman is the most experienced with criminals, I would suggest Whitman, however. This way, Tom Masterson might also be ultimativo pissed.
So we hinder Whitman from taking off and try to make Tschernenko look the most suspicious. Even if she's not prosecuted, she's not going to get the boathouse. This way, she might even show up, making it look even less suspicious.

So, to be clear, we create a problem for Whitman (I think I like the idea of a bondage game gone awry, but whatever), implicate Tschernenko for the act, and get the evidence to Coleman, without any link to us.  That seems like a good plan.

Quote

namedescriptioncounter measures
Charles Whitmanpersonal acquaintance, Crashcart, womanizervehicle manipulation, flight cancellation (no flight, he's local), traces to Tschernenko; kidnapping
Anna Tschernenkoeccentric artist, aggressive, vandalismcreate false traces from Whitman to her
Blake Colemanattorney, busycreate important schedule entry Implicate the Russian, he is local law enforcement, he should act on her.
Joe CrowShaman. DrinkerArrive early, get him drinking
Lee WongWuxing manager, rower, Feng Shuibe more attractive than the chink; dropping bad hints, Can we get into the boat's node and mess with him when he is not with the host, enviromentally?

Then that just leaves me to try and talk golf intelligently and for Anna to charm/seduce? them.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:12:16/10-22-16)
Anna asked "Can we do all these things in the time schedule we have? I mean the sale happens tomorrow right?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (11:49:14/10-22-16)
[With Kite]

Krestov smiled, nodding in recognition as the information was added, and even stuck around a bit when he realized a few of the items being moved were a bit heavy.  Without a word, he stepped in to carry some things, following the rigger and the drones' direction on where to place stuff.  He may not have been technically minded, but he had his strength, so that was something.  He carried some conversation, but it was clear that he fought against his own thick accent to form any complex sentence cohesively../.

[At the board]

The troll looked over the information, scratching the bridge of his nose as his thoughts collected.  "If planting evidence, would need to time it so happening close to after Tschemenko arriving.  With history, KE could cite probable cause.  Krestov have contact in KE who owing favor, maybe can get word to Coleman and some forces to grabbing her.  Worth a shot, da?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (12:32:50/10-22-16)
bnc scowls, as she sees how Flatline edits the data she posted on the info board. Her voice sounds as if uttered through clenched teeth, although she's still only communicating via the group channel.
"Did I not make it absolutamente clear that the info room is my playground and I don't want anyone to fuck with the data I store there? I will respect your authority in mojo stuff, although I'm inclined to believe that I might actually have more basics about it than you. I'll even leave the medicine part to you although I will not refuse Slob or Krestov if they want to be treated by me who has always brought them back safe and sound. So please get your digital fingers from my data or I will safe comme l'enfer let you experience how it feels to have foreigners havoc with your data.

That being sad, thanks for pointing out that I made an error about Whitman while reorganizing our info.
I'm against putting Coleman on Tschernenko. If three of them take each other out, it will look suspicious and fall back on us. We can either simulate an unrelated crime for Tschernenko and put Coleman on it, or involve Tschernenko and Whitman and leave Coleman out of the calculation. I'd rather the former, as it won't cost Krestov and is more secure.

All right, schedule's tight.

Anna, can you dress up as Tschernenko? Here's a couple of images I dug out from her. If you can, will you take care of Whitman?
I will do the rest.

Flatline, your proposition regarding Joe Crow sounds good. Will you be able to arrange a meeting with him and execute the plan?
I can take care of Coleman, I think.

Regarding Lee Wong, what exactly did you mean with your suggestion? I guess the answer is yes, regardless, but I still ought to know if I'm to do it.

Krestov, do you think you can get a lever on Coleman anyhow?  I don't know, maybe there's something you can do to keep him. Or can you dig out relevant contacts I can fake a message from plus fast?


namedescriptioncounter measures
Charles Whitmanpersonal acquaintance, Crashcart, womanizervehicle manipulation, traces to Tschernenko; kidnapping, Anna tying him to his bed
Anna Tschernenkoeccentric artist, aggressive, vandalismcreate false traces from Whitman to her
Blake Colemanattorney, busycreate important schedule entry
Joe CrowShaman. Drinkerinvite him
Lee WongWuxing manager, rower, Feng Shuibe more attractive than the chink; dropping bad hints;
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:46:30/10-22-16)
Anna said "I think I can pull it off. Can any of you help me to achieve her look? Another set of eyes is always useful in these things. I could also use video recordings so I can try and mimic her behavior, body language and accent.".  she also winked at bnc.

She then said to Krestov "A favor in the KE should go long way, I think that plan is really coming together."




 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (13:42:43/10-23-16)
Slobbertooth did a lookover of Anna's disguise as he walked by her and bnc. He offered his two cents.

"You look like a young woman trying to look like a successful older woman. Try looking like a young artist who is already successful. Oh and wear sunglasses and have a flask on you."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (12:43:45/10-24-16)
Krestiv gave a silent nod at the advisement to his idea, but gave it some thought.

"Can give a try.  Maybe get some extra urgent work sent his way, but will see how goes.  As for Tschernenko, I know how to put her in anon yous tip when evidence planted.  If have history, response should be quick. Will update on Coleman"

Taking his eyes off the feed, he pulled up the contact he had in the KE from the earlier job of theirs...

"<<Detective Sanchez, this is gray matter.  I hope that the tip of Lone Star corruption proved beneficial for you.  I'm contacting in hopes for a small favor.  I need a certain prosecuting attorney to find himself indisposed for the next 24 hours.  A certain Blake Coleman.  Nothing sinister, but is it possible to point towards a means to occupy him?  Thank you for any help, I will consider our terms clean for this favor.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:13:38/10-24-16)
[At the board]

Anna asked "Sorry for being the thick one, but I dress up as Anna Tschernenko approach Whitman tonight in some bar, get a hotel room with him and leave him tied up to his bed? Or do I meet him tomorrow before he passes border control flirt with him and plant some street drugs on him.  Or should I commit some minor crime looking like her... vandalism of the sort. Graffiti, breaking a window something enough to get her arrested for a day or two... "



Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:36:04/10-24-16)
The reply from Sanchez came quickly
<<Yes, that was most helpful.
Hm, Coleman. I might be able to do something about that. There is an ugly homicide where I'm close to a break through. Normally I'd just have the suspect observed, but if someone could cause a disturbance at his premise, so that the imminent danger clause would allow us to enter the building, I could call in the prosecutor of my choice. Just to be secure I'd ask you to deposit a weapon at his place, so his lawyer can't get him out a second time.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (02:06:28/10-25-16)
bnc nods to herself.

"Good, Krestov. In case you can distract him solehandedly, that's amazing. If there is something I'm supposed to do - faking messages, for example - let me know. If not, I consider Coleman taken care of.

Anna: What ever you're best at. To be perfectly honest, indeed tying him up would perhaps be a bit too over the top. I found that the least suspicious things are those who're just one bit special, not too much, but also not too ordinary. Lemme think ... Why don't you seduce him in the evening and try to drug him at some point. Leave some ominous note KE or Lone Star will give a puzzle to solve, like "that's for Sandra, son of a bitch". You then take all his valuables and get the hell outta here. Kite, can you then provide one of your drones to get his stuff to Tschernenko's place? Her hotel/motel, I mean. Let's hide it somewhere in her flat. If the investigating forces don't stumble over it, I can fake an anonymous call tomorrow, early enough before the meeting.

Slob, How good are you at break-ins?"

namedescriptioncounter measuresin charge
Charles Whitmanpersonal acquaintance, Crashcart, womanizerseduction, traces to Tschernenko; Anna tying him to his bed or drugging himAnna, bnc
Anna Tschernenkoeccentric artist, aggressive, vandalismcreate false traces from Whitman to herAnna, bnc
Blake Colemanattorney, busycreate important schedule entryKrestov
Joe CrowShaman. Drinkerinvite himFlatline
Lee WongWuxing manager, rower, Feng Shuibe more attractive than the chink; dropping bad hints;no one
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (08:58:12/10-25-16)
Slobbertooth thought about bnc's question for a bit.

"Better than I used to b, but I would need a bag of equipment to try to get around any locks and scanners. I also can't assense to detect any magical barriers that may be present, or search the matrix for cameras and other electronic security devices.

"I can hop the fence pretty nimbly, though."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (09:37:19/10-25-16)
"I might help out with some of those problems. Maybe we can place the stolen goods right to Tschernenko's place unnoticed."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:58:18/10-25-16)
Anna said to bnc "Alright I'll figure something up, I prefer planting something illegal on him before he passes through security, BTL chip or a few grams of some illegal drug. I should be able to lift his wallet and drop the emptied wallet near Tschernenko's place."

To Slobbertooth she suggested "I can provide astral overwatch, either from my bed and project myself to where you are or to physically be there.  I can also send a spirit if I am busy, but they are less reliable and may not do what I intended but what I said. Depending on their motivations, so I'd rather do open-ended  and ill-defined things myself."
 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (10:53:12/10-25-16)
"We are starting to over think this, and we are exposing ourselves a bit too much to have Anna actually meet one of the other buyers.  I don't see why drugging or leaving him stuck in a bondage game is so much less an idea.  The other beefit is that we can hire a street walker to do either with minimal exposure."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (11:44:29/10-25-16)
"Drugging is exactly what we're discussing now. But we still need to lay a trace to Tschernenko, in case you've missed that."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:15:06/10-25-16)
Anna told Devon, "My disguise will be solid do not worry, I'll look like a completely different person. I understand the risk of exposure, but I think we can pull it off." to bnc "Okay so the plan is to meet Whitman, flirt with him, have him buy me a drink and then drug him and steal his wallet, throw empty wallet near Tschernenko's place. Then Krestov tip's the police and they take Tscherneko for questioning while Whitman is  too far gone to attend the meet."

She took a breath and then asked "Does that plan works? do we have something I can spike his drink with, something that will not knock him down right away but give me some time to get into an hotel room with him? "
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (12:27:16/10-25-16)
"Evidence of a possibly violent disturbance activity to justify forced entry without a warrant were also requested by the detective.

"It would also be wise to plant the drugs that you use on Whitman at our framed suspect's residence."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:53:37/10-25-16)
Anna looked at Slobber and asked "So I should get him to his place and drug him there and then we plant the same drugs and some of his personal belongings in Tschernenko's place.  Will that be enough to get the police to arrest her? "
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (13:12:07/10-25-16)
"Have we completely written off disrupting her travel plans?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (17:04:54/10-25-16)
[spoiler]bnc owns a chemistry toolkit and a medkit. I hope it's safe to assume that she's got benzoes or neuroleptics or antihistamines or whatever.[/spoiler]

"Looks like the stoll's a-rollin'.
I still think it's a bad idea to put Coleman on this. Look, of one of them tries to get rid of the other, this looks perfectly normal. But if three of them take out each other, it'll look bastante suspicious. Let's have 'em two deal with each other, and let's Krestov take care of Coleman his way. We don't want Masterson's attention on us, chummers.

'part from this, yeah, sounds like a plan. You just drop that stuff somewhere or give it to a drone. Slob, you and I do the break-in, check? Anna, once you're back, get your beautiful ass in your room and come to Anna 2's place astrally like snap. Make sure you find it on the astral plane. If not, just summon a spirit to search for me. You shoulda've gotten a plus bono impression of my aura, you curious piece of meat."
bnc's voice is light, indicating that she's not really insulting Anna at this point.

"Ah, also. Yeah: I can sport you some drugs, uhm, I mean, narcotics. You know, stuff you get at the drug store. "

Regarding Flatline's question: "Not really, but it's second choice. If everything goes well, we don't need to, as it would only draw attention. If something goes amiss, I will safe comme enfer blast up every vehicle she comes closer than special K's cock length.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (19:49:37/10-25-16)
"Okay, but she is coming from Russia, isn't she?  I know you guys are knee deep in this, and if your hearts are set on doing it this way I am there for you...BeeTeeDub, I can do astral overwatch as well, all I have to do is make a breakfast date with Crow at this point...but if Anna is exposed to one of the principles tonight and something goes wrong, we are screwed.  I am NOT a charming person, so if there is any sweet talking to do tomorrow, she HAS to be the one doing it.  Since the point of this is to get the sale, shouldn't she be kept off the board until she is absolutely needed?"

Flatline turns to the other mage, "Just to be clear, this is not to impinge on your capabilities, I am fully aware that you are more than capable of handling things, but Chaos is a fickle bitch, and you are the most important piece of the puzzle tomorrow, do we really want to leave the main thrust of the run in jeopardy unnecessarily?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (20:27:56/10-25-16)
Krestov lifted his head as the detective responded, his lips curling into a smile as he related the information to his team.  Without much delay, he sent another reply to his contact.

<<Detective, I think I am able to assist in this matter.  Please forward me the information I will need to assist in this matter and I will see it done; namely, the location and what preference of weapon is needed.  It should be accomplished before too long, thank you>>

Clearing his throat, the big troll spoke into the chat.  "Minor objective to occupy Coleman without probleming.  Need break into place of murder suspect and plant weapon.  Cause disturbance then slipping out.  Seems small, but can be done early and still have Coleman busy.  How suggest we do this?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:30:14/10-26-16)
Anna said listens to Devon and smiles satisfied, grinning she said  "I am not doing anything so illegal per say, I am taking a guy to his apartment and steal his wallet, and I have a new SIN to use afterward. The only reason the police is going to be involved in it is because my dupleganger is already wanted. "  To herself she thinks, "Like I never robbed a guy before... sometimes even guys I liked"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (02:48:49/10-26-16)
Sanchez answered: <<I'll have the weapon and the address depoed within the hour under the bench at Kirke Park across from the bus stop. Make sure you have the right house. Just run up, break down the door and get the gun in and vanish. I have a pair of detectives near by who are briefed to expect something. I told them to prioritize the suspect, but don't give them a reason to draw on you.
If this works I guarantee you that Cole will have only one thing to occupy his mind for the next few days.>>

In the meantime, Mike looked at the AR board and scratched his head:
"Can you explain what you are doing exactly to an old ork?
Flatline, you want that Firewater and visit Crow with it, correct? When do you want to go, now, this evening or do you want to invite Crow for a liquid breakfast around 8 shortly before the tour starts?

And bnc: As I said I can get you any narcotics you need within the hour, but are we talking about knock-out pills or do you need the forbidden stuff that the border patrol will have to seize - after all most things can be gotten on prescription. Only Bliss is balls to the wall forbidden. Oh and how are you going to make sure that the real Tschernenko doesn't have a water tight alibi during your stunt?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: badneighbor on (10:08:48/10-26-16)
Satisfied with the garage set-up, and the condition of the team's equipment, Kite stepped outside for a moment and knelt down to roll up her right pant leg. With a mental command, the smuggling compartment in the synthetic leg popped open to reveal her favorite drone: her Lockheed Optic X-2. She lifted it and extended its wings. Though her personal RCC she gave it instructions to fly high and watch over the safehouse, notifying her if anyone approached the building on foot or in a vehicle. She wound up and threw it like an oversized paper airplane, and the drone's dog-brain took over from there.

She closed the smuggling compartment and pushed her pant leg down, then ducked back inside. She stopped in for a moment to listen in to the others' plans being formed. She poked her head into the virtual planning room for just long enough to say <<Excuse me, I just wanted to let you know I'll be in the library, brushing up on my boating per Mr. Schmitt's advice. If you need me for any of...>>  she waved a hand vaguely at the planning board, <<this, just let me know.>> She disconnected and headed to the library. After some browsing she was able to find the Boating tutorsoft.

Kite made herself comfortable and got to work correcting her greatest weakness as a smuggler.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (12:59:30/10-26-16)
Krestov did not bother to answer the detective.  The information was passed and that was all that was needed.  Now it was up to him to get the job done and secure their chances by doing his part.

<<I have my job for Coleman, I will be making a trip.  Will borrow Kite, should be only a few hours>>

Signing off, the troll headed back to the garage, seeing Kite deeply concentrating on what he could guess was some AR material.  Waiting with his shoulder on the door, he let a few moments pass before clearing his throat.  "Could using help with skills,namely quick exiting before trouble hit.   Want step out?  Will buy dinner."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: badneighbor on (16:24:40/10-26-16)
Kite hadn't noticed Krestov waiting in the doorway, and jumped a bit when he finally spoke. She swatted the AR feed away and turned her attention to him.

"Sounds like fun. My ride, then, or something more subtle?"

Leaving the library, she indicated to Krestov what she meant: her Trailblazer was fitted with some pretty overt armor plating. She smiled proudly and added, "so it depends on what you have in mind."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (16:35:16/10-26-16)
The troll blinked as he took in the powerful vehicle, scratching his head as he mulled it over.  "I trusting in your preference on what best for job.  I cause disturbance in home KE watching, so long as we don't give reason for trouble should be okay.  Maybe best with this thing if can move quick with me, hm"  His thick accent rumbled on as he gave a nod, pulling his overcoat over his suit and grabbing a couple other things.  "How much time prep Kite need?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (16:59:43/10-26-16)

"Can you explain what you are doing exactly to an old ork?
Flatline, you want that Firewater and visit Crow with it, correct? When do you want to go, now, this evening or do you want to invite Crow for a liquid breakfast around 8 shortly before the tour starts?

 

"Let's try for 7am, plenty of time to get him wasted then."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:00:08/10-26-16)
Anna said to Krestov and Kite "Perhaps I can help you a little bit... I can summon a spirit that can make you more stealthy, perhaps open a window from inside the apartment so you do not need to break in.  I can also provide some discreet overwatch and verify that the house is clear before you enter it. What do you guys think? The best part is that it will not take me long as I can do it all from here. Just a few minutes break while working on my disguise."

[spoiler]
I am uncertain what their relation to magic, and if Anna's help is wanted. If it is she will summon a spirit of man with the invisibility spell  an Pyschokinesis spell (magic fingers seem useful for this kind of planting.)   My plan was to Anna to give them overwatch from her room, and avoid sending the spirit on a remote service by projecting and keeping her 'self' within range of the spirit. That way the spirit can act as her proxy at that place and the time she need to spend is minimal.
(she does not need to physically come there).
 
Fix, forgot that Anna has magic 5 so she'll summon an F5 spirit of man, with invisibility spell as optional power. Fixed the display.

Summoning F5 (Man) (http://orokos.com/roll/449938): 13d6t5 5
resist F5 (http://orokos.com/roll/449939): 6d6t5 2
drain (http://orokos.com/roll/449940): 10d6t5 4
3 services gained, no drain.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:13:01/10-26-16)
Mike scratched his head again: "7 am sure is an early time to start getting wasted. Even when I was younger I'd be either sleeping it off at this time or getting ready for work. I mean, how exactly are you going to pull this off? Knock on his door with a bottle of whiskey in your hand and say: Hi stranger, found this bottle with your and my name on it, now let's get drunk? Is there a part I'm not getting?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (22:35:52/10-26-16)
"No, my plan is actually to befriend the guy, and ask for his help.  I am a corp dude hedging my bets, he obviously doesn't need the boat house if he already lives on the island, so I want to make him an offer to sublet it, or perhaps lease the boat-slip for Meteor, then celebrate the partnership with a little drink.  I am from Africa, so it's early evening where I come from, right?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (00:37:28/10-27-16)
responding to Flatline: "Safe thing: i was assuming that you'd meet up with that fella tonight, not tomorrow. Dunno how you dudes in America handle that kind o' thing, but back home in Austria, we usually don't get wasted in the morning. The case might be a bit different with Bavarians, however, but they still wouldn't drink whiskey 'fore noon.
If you're sure you can pull this off in the morning, I'm happy with you, too."

to Anna: "Sorry to disappoint you, honey, but stealing a wallet is illegal per se. Also, the word's doppelganger, not dupleganger. It's German, I should know."

to Mike: "Naw, any narcotics will do. K.o. pills. We just don't want him able to get up in the morning without having it looking too suspicious. The only Bliss he needs is being ignorant of what the frag happened to him.
You got a good point about Tschernenko, however. Just gimme a tick."

[spoiler]Hacking on the Fly (http://orokos.com/roll/450085): 17d6t5 6
Hacking on the Fly (http://orokos.com/roll/450086): 17d6t5 7
Trace Icon (http://orokos.com/roll/450087): 11d6t5 6

I don't know whether Anna's commlink is in a host and how her her Intuition rating is, but I think I should be able to track her down without any problem.[/spoiler]

"Kite, sorry to interrupt ya. Guess you need to do a double job. I'll need one of your beauties at 47.6406422,-122.3546111 asap. We need to find out what Anna's doing. Now.
Or else, anyone free to act. Slob for example? Go there, and make sure she's not going to have an alibi."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (00:50:23/10-27-16)

"Kite, sorry to interrupt ya. Guess you need to do a double job. I'll need one of your beauties at 47.6406422,-122.3546111 asap. We need to find out what Anna's doing. Now.
Or else, anyone free to act. Slob for example? Go there, and make sure she's not going to have an alibi."
"Uh...

"There a few ways I could distract her, but none of them would prevent her from having an alibi, they would probably just create more alibis or be horribly ineffective. I can tail her, if you'd like.. I guess

Do you have any idea where she is, or where she's staying?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (00:52:08/10-27-16)
Anna laughed and said  "It is only illegal if you get caught...  I'll need an opening for mister Whitman, is there any hang out place in his calendar for tonight? If there is I will go there technology free, for no identifying features and play the lonely girl in a bar routine hoping to catch the fly. Then I take Whitman to his home and we have not decided if I plant some illegal drugs in his wallet or plain steal it. I'll need someone close by in case things go horribly wrong, and perhaps a stealth tag so that you can still find me. I will not have com-link or anything that identifies me."


but bnc is either a show-off or a curious cat, because Anna would have just shared that information, but  she is likely to not take the comlink with her to the operation to not have any identifying features.  (she might end up sleeping with the guy and the last she need is a comlink with her personal details on it.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (01:15:57/10-27-16)

"Kite, sorry to interrupt ya. Guess you need to do a double job. I'll need one of your beauties at 47.6406422,-122.3546111 asap. We need to find out what Anna's doing. Now.
Or else, anyone free to act. Slob for example? Go there, and make sure she's not going to have an alibi."
"Uh...

"There a few ways I could distract her, but none of them would prevent her from having an alibi, they would probably just create more alibis or be horribly ineffective. I can tail her, if you'd like.. I guess

Do you have any idea where she is, or where she's staying?"

" Let's first find out where she is.The quoted above are the coordinates. I tracked down her commlink. She moves, you get updated.

Anna, you need an exact position?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:51:15/10-27-16)
Anna said to bnc "I just want to encounter him, otherwise it makes no difference how charming I really am."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:06:08/10-27-16)
[spoiler]
@gilga
The hack was directed at the other Anna ;)
Resist (http://orokos.com/roll/450116): 10d6t5 3
Resist 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/450117): 10d6t5 4
Resist Trace (http://orokos.com/roll/450121): 3d6t5 1

Yeah. you got her position: She's already in the country at the Seattle Mariott Belvue hotel, only a few kilometers from your position. She is on the 5th floor and according to the evacuation map in Room 505 - at least her commlink is.

Also, there still seems to be some confusion about the target:

You are after a boat house, not a house boat. This is a kind of shed that reaches into the water where you can park a boat secure from the elements and any would be thieves. It also provides cover to load and unload smuggled stuff. There are only a limited number of these on Council Island. So if you have a boat and want it secure on Council Island you'll have to be quick and ruthless.
You can assume that all your competitors do own a boat on this lake.


[/spoiler]


Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (06:17:22/10-27-16)
"Uhm ... just gimme a tic ... ya, there you go."
She creates an ARO and places it in the info room, somewhere near to Slobbertooth. The icon is emerald green, depicting a map with a red spot.
"You pop it up, you get a map of Seattle with her current position plus a log of her trail during the time from before two minutes until I have to switch off my cyberdeck - which is not going to be a very long time; GOD's every watchful. I think for the moment he best would be to observe her, then see what we can do. But you should best get going an hour ago.

Anna, I got no clue what exactly you wanna tell you, but besides this: please take a burner link with you. Mike, I'm sure you brought some in advance, didn't you? We need to stay in contact with you as long as possible."

[spoiler]I load Fly on the Wall.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:26:35/10-27-16)
Anna looked at bnc and said "Fine... " said Anna and left the discussion to work on her outfit.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (14:14:23/10-27-16)
"Uhm ... just gimme a tic ... ya, there you go."
She creates an ARO and places it in the info room, somewhere near to Slobbertooth. The icon is emerald green, depicting a map with a red spot.
"You pop it up, you get a map of Seattle with her current position plus a log of her trail during the time from before two minutes until I have to switch off my cyberdeck - which is not going to be a very long time; GOD's every watchful. I think for the moment he best would be to observe her, then see what we can do. But you should best get going an hour ago.

"Roger. I'll ask you to send me an update when I near the area"

Slobbertooth put on his jacket and helmet, slung a pack over his shoulder and got on his Mirage. He was out the door in 10 minutes and on his way to the coordinates. It would probably take him longer than others to reach the location considering how unfamiliar he was with the area.

[spoiler]Notable Equipment on Slobber.

Ruger and stun ammo in pockets/holster.
Commlink
In Backpack:
A smoke grenade, stun grenade, and his HK-227 loaded and with 3 additional magazines of stun ammuntion.

Wireless functionality outside of commlink is disabled.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:55:08/10-27-16)
Anna continued to work on her disguise and attempted to improve it as much as she could. She was not happy at first, and it took her a while. She is waiting for bnc to hint her a location, for a burner from mike as well as drugs. Once Anna gains enough confidence in her outlook she'll leave the room and take feedback from whomever is willing to give it to her. She will take their opinions into consideration and slightly adjust her disguise so that it is just right.

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:02:16/10-27-16)
Mike nodded and went to fetch the requested items


Slobbertooth:

Finding the hotel proved to be very easy - getting inside with weapons less so: Slobbertooths trained eyes saw the discreetly implemented sensors in the entrance just in time: A combination of chem sniffer and magnetic anomaly detector if he wasn't mistaken.

At least Tschernenko seemed to sleep in late, as her commlink hadn't moved from her room at all.

Kite and Krestov:

The rigger and the trank moved out a few minutes later as well. Reaching Kirke park wasn't hard and neither was finding the package. It contained an address barely 100m away as well as a loaded Beretta. The magazine was missing one round and the barrel smelled like the gun had been used without cleaning it up afterwards.

The target's address was a nice, suburban one family home. Examining it from the car revealed that the windows had discreet steel bars added as security measures. Inside heavy black out curtains were drawn allowing no light from outside to enter. In front of the garage a GMC Bulldog was parked with the logo of a house painting firm on it. 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (12:49:16/10-28-16)
[spoiler]fixed my last statement to reflect correct information[/spoiler]

"Anna if you are going to insist on pulling double duty, I am at least going to help out on the magical end and back you up astrally."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:21:25/10-28-16)
Anna looked at Devon and said "Oh... I'd love you to watch my astral, but do you mind to watch my outfit I want to bring myself to look and behave just like her. If you are not too busy help is very much appreciated. "
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (15:03:40/10-28-16)
Devon gaped a bit at the entendre, he had no real experience with someone flirting with him, even playfully, but recovered quickly, "Not really an area of expertise for me, but I think you look just great."

He seemed to realize that he might have said something more than he meant at that point, and after a head scratch, tried to change the subject, "So, you are helping folks with their looks tomorrow, would it be possible for you to dress me too?"

Again, realizing he had set himself up, he closed his eyes and waited for the blow, focusing on trying not to blush.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:19:29/10-29-16)
Anna answered with a playful smile said "Flirting with your assitant already, mr. Thyme?" Just to watch Devon stumble a bit more but after a moment she said "Sure, Zoe got real classy executive suits, very armored. Mortimer of London may also be a good option. Classy enough so that you can get away with it anywhere... Do not be tempted to Vashon island, you are too senior for the cheaper suits. Wear an expensive one, you will see that people treat you differently when you do."  

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (09:39:37/10-29-16)
Slobbertooth got back on his bike and did a quick drive around the hotel to see if there were any other entrances to the hotel that didn't require a keycard or that weren't emergency exits.

He could have entered the building without his weapons, but they were too valuable to leave unattended and at risk of inspection or theft.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:05:46/10-29-16)
A short look around revealed that the kitchen entrance was open, not secured with scanners and had at the moment a bunch of burly looking guys unload crates of frozen goods, carrying them inside.

[spoiler]
Disguise check (if available) otherwise INT-1 to pass through with the loading crew.


[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (14:56:38/10-29-16)
Slobbertooth gave the men a nod as if he were familiar with them as he walked into the kitchen

[spoiler]Intuition-1 (http://orokos.com/roll/450994): 4d6t5 2[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:43:14/10-29-16)
No-one really spared the ork an additional glance when he moved through the kitchen to the lobby and the elevators. Once Slobber had reached the fifth floor he quickly found 505. The door was closed and the corridor was utterly silent.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:58:32/10-29-16)
After the boardroom, Anna left for her room and disguised herself to look just like the other Anna. She makes her entire skin appear a bit paler, and uses some plays of color to make her face appear closer to her mark, whose cheeks are a bit more rounded. Anna also dies her brown hair black. She then dresses in a style that fits the older - yet trying to look young russian and places an expensive vodka in her purse. Finally, Anna uses green contacts on top of her already green eyes, to get the exact shade of color she thinks that the other Anna has. Finally, she uses cosmetics to create some minor wrinklers near her eyes that upon closer inspection would place her a bit older than she claims to be.  A 20 years old, disguising herself as a 30 years old that makes an effort to appear 20... yes... Anna tries to think that she (finally) nailed that one out after more than an hour by the mirror.  She wrap it up with an unusual hair-style, that seems consistent with the fashionably bold haircut styles the eccentric artist is wearing.

Once Anna is ready,  she texts bnc >> I am ready, (finally)... want to look?  Where do I pick up the mark?


and Devon "Come watch me with your own eyes pretty boy before you are stuck being my astral stocker.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (09:48:01/10-30-16)
[spoiler]What kind of security is on the door? Keycard reader? number pad?[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:45:25/10-30-16)
The hotel room door was secured with a simple card reader and a standard bolt lock.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (10:59:56/10-30-16)
[spoiler]
Just to make that sure. bnc will try to coordinate this in a way that she will only gather OS from one source at a time. That is, first she'll guide Slob through his part, then she'll reboot and do the same for Anna.
I think we can roleplay it simultaneously nonetheless.

Teamwork Disguise (http://orokos.com/roll/451348): 4d6t5 1[/spoiler]

"Slob, wait a sec. Come to my room and fetch a data tap or two. You might need it."

"Seems I haven't got that much to do, after all..."
"Anna, you can come over. I'll try and check your disguise with the 3d holo I created from the visuals I found online. I'll give you Whitman's location asap, just wait a tick for Slob to be finished.

Uh, by the way, Mike: Please write additional data taps on your grocery list."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:17:55/10-30-16)
Anna arrives to bnc's room and opens the door without knocking. With a hint of a russian accent, as if she has been speaking English for many years but still could completely hide her heritage. She said "No shooting... it is me Anna"
she mentally grinned at the double meaning... Having the mark with the same first name as herself was going to make her life easier and Anna was reassured that 'Anna' was a good runner name.  One that could not easily be found in a matrix search due to too many Anna's - unlike Flatline, or bnc that were distinctive, perhaps common wisdom was not such wisdom after all - or perhaps the brainiac deckers knew how to search even for the most generic runner handle and that thought was nonsense.

[spoiler]
Thanks for helping her Volker, 6 hits in disguise roll thanks to you ;)
[/spoiler]

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (14:08:12/10-30-16)
[spoiler]:D I'm just fulfilling my civic duty ^^

My hacking rolls:
Hacking on the Fly (http://orokos.com/roll/451387): 19d6t5 6
Hacking on the Fly (http://orokos.com/roll/451388): 19d6t5 6
Trace Icon (http://orokos.com/roll/451389): 13d6t5 5

3 opposed rolls:
Opposed Roll (http://orokos.com/roll/451390): 3#9d6t5 3 3 6

frag, retry at a -2 penalty:
Trace Icon (http://orokos.com/roll/451391): 11d6t5 1
Opposed Roll (http://orokos.com/roll/451392): 9d6t5 2

again:
Trace Icon (http://orokos.com/roll/451393): 9d6t5 1
Opposed Roll (http://orokos.com/roll/451394): 9d6t5 3


gnaargh!
bnc will load Fly on the Wall and give up for the moment, to retry it at a later point:
Trace Icon (http://orokos.com/roll/451395): 13d6t5 6
Opposed Roll (http://orokos.com/roll/451396): 9d6t5 3[/spoiler]

"All right, let's figure out where he is ... uhm ...
Uhm.
What the frag? 'Signal cannot be determined?' Don't you 'can't be determined me', bitch. Uagh.
Uhm, his 'link kinda is offline. So to say. I'll retry a bit later. I already have a lock at it. Why don't you already get going. I'll let you know in quarter an hour or so."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:43:17/10-30-16)
Anna laughed "It sometimes happens that people underperform next to a good looking lady... " Circling around bnc she said "What do you think? Can I fool the cameras?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: badneighbor on (17:22:29/10-30-16)
The drive to the destination was uneventful, which was a good sign.

There was little in the way of conversation, as Krestov's English seemed to be worse that Kite's, though it made her realize how much she relied on cues from a native speaker. Without that she didn't feel nearly as confident about the language, so she was secretly grateful that they'd silently agreed to keep it quiet. She wasn't fully jumped-in to her Jeep but her rigger cocoon kept her isolated enough that interaction would have been a little awkward anyway.

Before they'd left, she had redirected her airborne Lockheed to the coordinates bnc had provided, so she has its visuals up on her AR display, keeping an eye on that and making sure the decker was getting the feed as well.

It wasn't long until they pulled up close to the target home. The pair quietly looked the place over for a moment, then Kite finally broke the silence:  "Go make hell in there."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (20:44:22/10-30-16)
"Slob, wait a sec. Come to my room and fetch a data tap or two. You might need it."

<<@bnc What do I need to do with these data taps again.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (14:01:03/10-31-16)
"You don't say. Maybe cuz arrogance makes me want to vomit so badly that I can't fucking trace a Hermes.
If you're quite finished showing off your costume, would you mind and make the Elemental? Much obliged."

"Thanks for the feed, Kite. I'm with you.

Slob, you might not need them at all. You can attach them to any cable or equipment that is offline and thus allow me to access it via the tap's wireless signal. That is: If you stumble over security that is not connected to the wireless matrix, you can make it so. This is how we got Big Bad Yin and Yang."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:55:31/10-31-16)
Anna said softly "I did not mean to touch a gentle spot truly sorry bnc, I am genuinely impressed with your decking skills and find it incredibly sexy that you can trace people and dig up stuff about them. Sometimes there are some setbacks, it really is okay, this entire operation was not possible without you.

It did not mean to come off as arrogant, I am nervous as I am going to seduce and drug a guy and frame some other rich slitch for it. I will be without my trusty pistols - I honestly wanted you to have a careful look at the picture and at me and see if I missed anything. I spent the last hour trying to look very similar to that Anna."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (11:05:10/11-01-16)
"Can you please keep your Advanced Communications with Socially Impaired basic course toolbox to a minimum? I'm not depressed by the fact that I didn't track it down in a split-second but rather by the fact that there's a girl in my apartment who can't stop whining around. If you're not up to the job, you shouldn't have accepted. If you are, do your job. I'll give you the geostats shortly. Door's over there."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:46:53/11-01-16)
"Just go slot yourself bnc, I am a professional and I want my disguise perfect, and I am nervous and trying to prove myself, and there is no shame in that. Since you clearly do not care about me, perhaps I should be somewhere else. " She said packed up her things and left.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (20:34:14/11-01-16)
Slobbertooth looked at the door, made a not of the security, and recorded the room number. Realizing that he didn't have the tools to break into the room, and was only there to observe the target, Slobbertooth wandered the halls for a bit to have a look at the building's security measures. He tries to take the stairs so that he can avoid as many patrons as possible.

[spoiler]Do any security measures stand out to him?[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:02:10/11-02-16)
Slobbertooth noted that the elevators and corridors all had one camera mounted in a fixed position to the walls. The stairs were free of sensors as far as Slobber could see.
In addition, smoke detectors dotted the ceiling, which were probably able to detect the discharge of a gun.

The lobby was moderately filled at this time of day and no-one took any notice of Slobbertooth.

At around 1100h bnc noticed movement from Tschernenko's commlink. The Russian was leaving her room, taking the elevator down to the lobby.


Meanwhile Kite and Krestov enjoyed an extended silence as both watched the target house. At around 1045h they were able to spot a resident: A man in his 40s or 50s, bald and overweight, glad only in a bathrobe opened the door to set a packet outside, only seconds later a delivery drone appeared to scoop up the parcel.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (06:44:15/11-02-16)
"She's coming downstairs. Do you think you can distract her for the evening without attracting too much attention? That is, if she isn't up to something where she wouldn't have an alibi anyway.
If you need me to disrupt a camera or something, lemme know. I will reboot shortly, I've been in her link too long, so once you see her, I will stop tracking."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (08:32:19/11-04-16)
Slobbertooth quickly moved downstairs towards the lobby, waiting in the hallway outside it. He meandered about until he had a view of the elevators.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:43:04/11-04-16)
Anna Tschernenko left the elevator just as Slobber had gotten into position. She wore a dress that had a distinctive home-made quality about it: The fabric was rough and the colors looked muted. Nonetheless, it fitted perfectly and looked somehow right on her. The handbag on her shoulder looked like real leather - also custom or home made. Her make-up was done artfully and showed an overall good sense for aesthetics.
Without delay she turned towards the hotel restaurant where the breakfast buffet was just about to turn into the lunch buffet.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (10:11:38/11-04-16)
"Target sighted."   Krestov broke the silence, mumbling as the man came out before reentering just as quickly.  Starting to move, he nodded to Kite before donning his helmet, obscuring his face as he left the vehicle.

<<"Anna, concealment is go.  Thank you for help">>  was all he communicated further before starting to walk towards the door.  His hand in his picket, wrapped arundel the cloth-covered pistol of incrimination, he casually strode up to the door.  Placing a finger on it, he sized it up before taking a step back...and delivering a kick into the paneled wood...

[Spoiler]I don't suppose you need me to roll hits right?  Buying hits would put that at 13P.. [/spoiler]4
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:11:36/11-04-16)
[spoiler]
Correct  ;)

Ini: Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/453277): 8+1d6 13 -10 for surprise

Ini 3

Krestov can do his thing before the man can react.

[/spoiler]


With the power of a determined combat troll Krestov kicked the door and its frame inward. Splinters flew everywhere and the owner turned around in total shock.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:13:07/11-04-16)
Anna's took off into the astral crushing on her bed. Once with Krestov she instructed the spirit to use the concealment power. Anna was still waiting for Whitman's location and did not have anything better to do so she decided to watch the man in action.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (14:07:51/11-04-16)
Flatline is also there, but is simply keeping an eye out on the astral and covering Anna's back.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:44:37/11-04-16)
The astral site of the little home invasion is calm - at least there is no visible astral threat. But for just a short moment the background count spiked as the fear of the home owner was amplified by the violation of his threshold.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:26:20/11-05-16)
@Playing the bimbo:

before Kite (or someone else?)  dropped Anna next to the gym, she  assensed Whitman trying to gain some insight about the man that would help her. She looked distracted for a little bit uncertain how to approach the situation, she also watched his car with curiosity. Writing down its number.
[spoiler]
Assense (aura) (http://orokos.com/roll/453526): 13d6t5 6
Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/453528): 11d6t5 4
[/spoiler]

@Home Invasion:

Anna assensed the people in the house trying to spot dangers.
Assense (aura) (http://orokos.com/roll/453527): 13d6t5 4
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:59:08/11-05-16)
Assensing the home owner revealed that he was confused and angry at the moment - no big surprise, but also that he had some bioware implants in his skull as well as a datajack. Most important was the fact that his aura had feint lines that reminded Anna of some kind of disease, only that it looked like some kind of Cyberware.

[spoiler]
Don't know how much Anna knows about cybertechnology, but she sees that the man has a nanite cluster in his body.

[/spoiler]

Later at the gym:
The car was easy to find: A current BMW sports car model with top of the line amenities package. The car was freshly washed and waxed and showed great care had been invested in it.
Whitman himself looked less remarkable from the astral: It took Anna a while to isolate him in the mass of sweating bodies, pumped by their own adrenaline and work out music. When she found him on the treadmill he appeared to be in moderate good health, although his heart showed signs of a previous operation. He had a sleep regulator and a data jack. His mood was good although exhaustion started to make itself known, while his blood pressure was definitely to high.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:37:27/11-05-16)
@Home invasion
Anna knows just the popular wisdom about cyber technology - she has seen the common things and believes that almost anything is possible. She does not spot anything that may be of danger to Krestov so for now keeps the knowledge to herself. The cyber disease disturbs her but she has no clue what it could be.

@Gym Anna enters the gym with a fresh towel on her shoulder and observes the place, does  she need anything to enter? If opportunity presents itself she will attempt to palm a membership card from one of the ladies on their way out, hopefully one that is too tired to actually notice.
[spoiler]
Palming (http://orokos.com/roll/453603): 11d6t5 5
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:57:33/11-05-16)
Getting in the gym and stealing an unattended commlink to do so is no problem, neither is dropping it discreetly in the women's locker room to be found later on.

This close to midday the gym isn't very full, so Anna was able to pick whatever machine she liked to get near to Charles.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:05:34/11-05-16)
@Gym Anna steps on the treadmill next to Charles and shows relatively good physical shape as she gradually kicks up the pace.  She remains aware of him, but does not make any particular move at the moment.  Figuring out that if he really is a womanizer, he will be happy to initiate conversation with the 'fresh meat' at the gym. 
(she has body 5, but no running skill I think she should not embarrass herself.).
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:37:42/11-06-16)
Anna noticed Whitman stealing glanced towards Anna, but otherwise he seemed preoccupied. If she had to guess it was likely him having an AR Matrix conversation of some kind.

After half an hour of steady jogging (and Anna despite her lower pace building up quite a bit of sweat) he finally stopped the treadmill and went towards the fruit bar to get some electrolyte shake. When Anna followed him, he nodded towards her:
"Morning. Are you new here?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (06:27:32/11-06-16)
Anna was in good health and somehow survived 30 minutes of jogging. Despite her natural fitness,  she was unused to that kind of effort and her breathing was inefficient. She is relieved that Charles stopped before she was forced to and that given her physical condition a break was appropriate for her as well.  Anna did not want to appear aggressive or overly eager to approach the man - she wanted him to eventually invite her to his apartment.  That way a ruse would be more believable.  All she had to do is to be approachable enough and allow Charles to work his magic as that is what the man normally did.

Anna followed Charles to get some drink and when he asked if she was new she grinned and said "It is that obvious, is'nt it? ... I am Anna by the way"

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:46:36/11-06-16)
Whitman cleaned himself up a bit with his towel while taking a sip:
"Na, not really. Just haven't seen you here before at that time. Most people go in the early morning or late evening - before or after work. Personally I don't see why you can't do a bit of fitness while also doing your job.
Speaking of which, what do you do for a living? Are you a model or something?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (08:54:25/11-06-16)
Slobbertooth to first simply go through the breakfast line behind Ms. Tschernenko, and observe her current state of being. Whether she was hungover, especially tired, or anything else that would make it  exceptionally weird when he went up to her and started trying to converse with her in Japanese.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:28:41/11-06-16)
Anna laughs if a bit sarcastically and says "I am an artist, painter and sculptor. Here, take a look." She said and shared a link to Tschernenko's website that displayed parts of her art.  "And you... what do you do handsome?" she said clearly still flattered by the model reference.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:58:02/11-06-16)
"Nice. So you are a Russian sculptor in Seattle? Fancy that.
Well, my job is saving lives. You know Crash Cart? I'm one of the people making sure there will always be a crash cart heli ready to respond to an emergency."

Whitman took another sip. "Do you have an art show or display in Seattle? I'd love to see some of your work."

Meanwhile Slobbertooth found himself in the buffet line behind Tschernenko. The Russian artist did seem well rested and not particularly hung over, but she did shovel a remarkable amount of fried egg, bacon and sausages onto her plate and turned the setting of the soycaf maker to the darkest black it could manage.
Finally she took a seat at one of the few unoccupied tables at one of the windows.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:27:38/11-06-16)
Anna looked at Whitman and said "Impressive." and nodded slightly, taking a sip from her drink.  When Whitman references her art show she responds "That junk..." and gesture her hand, she is talking about her own art in such scorn. "it is booooring, old news. Food for collectors that are desperate to buy second hand experiences instead of living them in the first place. I have no interest in my old work, but I am always looking for new *inspiration*..."

She places her drink on the bar and looks at Whitman's eyes and speak with fascination.  "I want to experience something completely new and exciting, to push my self to my limits. If you know what I am saying? " she smiled deviously.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:26:40/11-07-16)
[spoiler]
One Con (Seduction)+Charisma test vs. 3
so you can get him for a date this evening instead of sometime else this week
[/spoiler]

Whitman smiled charmingly: "Oh, don't be to harsh with you work. I know from experience that everything one did yesterday looks like crap, but somehow a month or a year later it's an indispensable part of you and your history.
But getting inspiration - well I just know the place in this city. How long are you staying."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (04:03:25/11-07-16)
Anna grins, and then says "I stay for just a few days, perhaps you can inspire me tonight ?" she says and adds "oh and I did not get your name, handsome".

[spoiler]
The con roll kind of surprised me and I did not even have her wear the improve charisma.
seduction (http://orokos.com/roll/454123): 9d6t5 6
but that is a good roll, so she did not need it.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:26:05/11-07-16)
"Charles. Charles Whitman. Well in that case I think we should meet up this evening. I have a standing reservation at Enzo's - a great Italian restaurant in Downtown. Are you free around 1900h?

Great. I fear I have to leave you now, the company needs me."

Whitman got up and headed towards the showers.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (05:10:53/11-07-16)
bnc clears her overwatch score by rebooting the deck, then just silently accesses all feeds she gets offered from her teammates.

<@team <what do u think? should we sent an invite to the real anna t to come to whitmans place? this way, she can't have an alibi, investigators will find it in her regular schedule. we make sure she never arrives at the place and all our troubles will evaporate into tiny pink shrouds of mist. poof.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (07:21:04/11-07-16)
Anna said "It will be a pleasure Charles, enjoy your work." the date was set, now she needed a concrete plan by that evening. One that prevents handsome Charles from attending the boathouse sale and incriminates Tschernenko for some crime - probably vandalism, perhaps to his lovely car.  "What if I Anna's next creation is actually vandalizing that lovely car of his? That got to be something." she thought, Anna then headed back to the safehouse allowing her thoughts to drift along the way.

Once there Anna subvocally communicated bnc from her own room. "Sweet meat, I am afraid of people like you so I did not answer from the burner... I have a fancy date with Whitman tonight at some place called Enzo's it is an Italian place downtown. Please check out for me what kind of security they have and if I need some of your magic to maintain my ruse. 

I was thinking of Taking Charles to his own place, drug him and then vandalize his car. Perhaps one of us can call the police about it. Charles is convinced that I am the other Anna because I sent him to her website when we met. So vandalizing his car should definitely incriminate the other Anna.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (09:53:36/11-07-16)
Krestov kept his face expressionless as the door flew off, his magically cone ales body looking not unlike some great hulking spectre in the doorway.  Wrapped gun in hand, he didn't even waste a second confirming his suspect before dashing in.  His legs propelled him forward as he maneuvered around and through the house..and as he passed a side table, he deftly unfurled the cloth, depositing the gun uncovered on the top of it before hurtling through the back of the house...

[Spoiler] Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/454160): 10+3d6 23

Action is to dash through the house while placing the gun and exiting before this pass is over.  Krestov has an Agility of 6 so I would think this is plausible.  Please advise if rolls are required [/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:23:58/11-07-16)
From the owners perspective all of a sudden his door exploded, a huge troll steam rolled through his entrance, living room and kitchen only to leave it through the once closed panorama window - all in the space of about two seconds.

Going out through the back garden, Krestov had no problem to get picked up by Kite. While they sped away, they managed to see a KE cruiser that had suddenly materialized on the scene with two police men entering the house.
With some satisfaction, Krestov could see that the house owner had in fact picked up the gun and was holding it as the police men entered the house.
Faintly Krestov heard the discharge of the KE standard issue tasers and the howling of the owner being tazed.

Not five minutes later Krestov got the message from Sanchez: <<Seems to be our lucky day. Our suspect had the murder weapon in his possession after a patrol encountered the scene of a domestic disturbance. Believe it or not, he really tried to defend himself with the story, that a huge troll broke into his house dropped the weapon and ran away.
I'm sure prosecutor Coleman wouldn't want to miss that case even for the funeral of his mother.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (09:05:36/11-09-16)
<@anna good job. im right there.>
<@team <no opinion@all? jeez. talk about youths having no opinion. right then ill do it on my own. pseudo grown up tought talkers -.->>

Before bnc starts forging Whitman's message, she checks out Enzo's first.

[spoiler]What can you tell me about the security and surveillance there?

What do I need to spoof a message? Can I just use a burner link and register it to one Charles Whitman? Do I have to hack his real link, send a message from there and constantly oversee that no answer from Tschernenko arrives at the wrong link? Can I just create a message with a false sender? Do I need to roll on Computer or something?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:21:40/11-09-16)
Anna replied >> I think it is a wonderful idea, I am not sure if we need so much one of the perks of being a felon is that you are assumed guilty until proven innocent and we only need to delay her for a day or so. If you overdo it she will actually do time.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:33:51/11-09-16)
[spoiler]
For the fake message you have two options:

You can either hack Whitman's link and use the Command Device Action to send a message from his link, or you can hack Tschernenko's link and use an Edit File action to create a fake message than and there.

Info on Enzo's what you get with a bunch of bought hits

[/spoiler]

Finding out about Enzo's wasn't hard: The place had direct connection to the Italian Mob. Consequently there wasn't much security advertised, but a lot of rumors about the mob using the place to launder money and therefore using extreme prejudice against anyone who was caught anywhere where he didn't belong. On the plus side there would be no police involved - on the negative side a new pair of cement shoes might very well be.
The restaurant had a small host (R3) and no wireless security cameras - likely because they didn't want any recordings of anyone entering the back rooms.
This was compensated by the constant presence of at least six mafia soldiers. Two of which showed presence at the Restaurant itself, while the others patrolled the back rooms  or took a break.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (02:48:48/11-11-16)
"Anna. There's no technical surveillance to speak of. Seems the club is Mob bound. There's an ass load of mafiosi with bastante poco sense of humor. Once you get there, I'll keep you updated about their rough positions on an ARO map. Don't rely on these, however, since I can't afford to actually track down each and every one of them simultaneously.
Gimme a sign 'fore you get there. I'll accompany you and roast their guns if need be. Ah, and one more thing. It involves a bit of trust, but you'd make my work a lot easier if you sent me invites to mark your commlink. Strategy already saved one o' our beloved comrade's ass. There's no real risk involved, you know, as I can access it anyway if I want, but it can save time when we don't have it. Good girl.
So, and now I'll take care of Tschernenko.
Hey, special K, you wanna take care of her? Wouldn't that be a golden opportunity to speak a chunk of Russian? If you do it right, she can't even fight it" She says the last with a grin in her voice.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:29:07/11-11-16)
Anna said >> Thanks bnc.  I just did not want to pass a SIN scanner or anything that I cannot fool with a smile.  If there is no technology to bypass  then we are alright. Do not hack the systems of dangerous criminals, there is nothing wrong with what I do. I take a rich guy for a date and then after a lovely dinner I am going to slot him.  Plain, simple and working since the dawn of time. 

My comlink will be turned off most of the time, but I can wear a stealth tag so that you can track me. 

These mafiosi, have no reason to mess with me, and even if they do I am capable of fending for myself. I'll have a spirit protecting me, perhaps even two of them if Flatline feels like watching my ass. He seemed fond of it already.
If you feel that I underestimate it, have Slobber or Krestov nearby.

My plan is to slot him after a good dinner and some drinks, and to plant some bliss in his wallet to make sure that he is detained by border control. To top it all, when I leave I am going to trash his car, and make it Anna's next piece of art - that girl is really fond of vandalism. I hope that he is going to report me when he wakes up,  and see what I did to his very expensive and very loved car. How is that for a plan? "


She then contacted Mike to see if he could get some forbidden Bliss so that Whitman is detained in customs.

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:49:51/11-11-16)
Mike replied: <<I've got all the Bliss you need ready at the safe house. Just don't get caught with the stuff .>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (07:52:50/11-11-16)
"Fry. Uhm, that means awesome. I feel it to be my moral responsibility to inform you that you don't actually need to perform sexual intercourse in order to carry out your job. Not that it's any of my business.
Fine, than all I need is some nasty tusker to deal with Anna T. Volunteers?"

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (08:24:45/11-11-16)
Anna scoffed to herself "Her moral responsibility... ?! after she just left hanging to dry? The slitch is teasing me for two freaking days. Gosh, it could have been amazing."  She texted >> Thanks for keeping my chastity, Sprinklers... Do not worry, I only slot people I like, if he is a creepster I'll tie him up to the bed and leave him to dry.  
With that in mind Anna had some hours to kill until her date - she planned to spend them by trying to talk with the rest. Anna was pretty nervous about her little date but with the way bnc treated her it was clear for her that any admission of doubt will be seen as a weakness, so Anna kept her cheerful time until it was time to date.

Going to the date, Anna packed in her purse some 'between the sheets' toys that could perhaps be used in the night before, and should take a lot of attention out of the small amount of bliss in that bag. Afterall, can you really spot the bliss when the purse contained a black dildo, pink restraints, lubricant and edible underwear? Anna was wearing a furry black dress with a generous cleavage, she tried to go for elegance but to also give the impression that anything is off the table.

Being honest with herself, perhaps getting laid was not such a bad idea with her unlucky streak, then again if she can NOT fuck him leave him tied to the bed trash his car and text him the picture - the guy is going to be furious and will call the police for certain...  If she gives him an epic slot, and then trash his car... Whitman may feel generous in the morning and forgive her... People tend to be cheerful post sex, and artists are known to be a bit crazy. "Perhaps that plan is better with me being a total asshole about it... It seems that getting myself slotted is just never the professional choice..."

Anna punctually arrived at Enzo's, and looked for Charles.

[spoiler]
Anna will 'wear' her improve charisma spell as seduction seems in her cards for tonight:
Improve charisma F5 (http://orokos.com/roll/455244): 15d6t5 5
drain (http://orokos.com/roll/455245): 10d6t5 4
+4 Charisma, no drain.
[/spoiler]

 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:59:31/11-11-16)
Getting to Enzo's is no trouble, the food smells delicious and Whitman had in fact a standing reservation as Anna found out when she was guided to the table. Charles wasn't there yet, but arrived only 10 minutes after Anna, wearing a very handsome and very expensive tailored suit.

"Hello, I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long. Have you ordered your drinks? If not let me recommend you the 2061 Avignonesi, straight from Tuscany. It's one of the main reasons I love this restaurant.

So Anna, I have to say you look marvelous..."

And thus begins the evening with a remarkable charming Charles Whitman. He is considerate, gentlemanly and surprisingly well educated in regard to art - almost a bit to much, but nothing a bit of fast talk couldn't fix...

[spoiler]
One Con+Cha test please  ;)

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:48:48/11-11-16)
Anna is actually quite knowledgable about alcohol and is therefore able to appriciate what she drinks. She enjoys the conversation and the wine. Anna does her best to not appear as ignorant with regard to art and to look interested. She feels that her mind deduces bits and pieces about art, and beutifully assembles them into convincing opinions.
[spoiler]
knowledge alcohol (http://orokos.com/roll/455306): 8d6t5 2
con plus charisma (http://orokos.com/roll/455307): 13d6t5 5
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:00:10/11-11-16)
As it turned out, Whitman hadn't promised to much: The 15 year old wine was remarkable and Anna was quite aware that one bottle of this easily cost over 200 Nuyen.
The wine topic did help to steer the conversation away from to much talk about art and when the evening drew to a close, she had him firmly on the hook.

So it came as no surprise when he said: "How about we take this outing to a more private venue - I have a nice penthouse suite at my disposal where I'd like to show you some pieces of my art collection."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:53:17/11-11-16)
"It will be a pleasure, where do you live?"  said Anna with a smile promising a night of passion.
Whitman will probably take his car to the meet tomorrow, so perhaps the car is easier than the wallet. So many ideas, so little time. She was looking for a chance to plant the drugs, but did not mind if the night would take her to his penthouse. If Anna is unable to rig the man's wallet she'll make sure to undress him in his bathhouse and then use the same bathhouse for some alone time, where she'll be able to plant the drug.




Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:44:44/11-12-16)
"I'll show you. My car is parked outside." While they walked there, Anna became aware of a little snag in her plan: If she demolished his car Charles probably wouldn't use it to cross the border, for this to work she would have to hide the drugs in the man's wallet, or if that wasn't possible  his coat pockets or better his shoes, since that was the one piece of clothing he would most likely reuse the next morning.

Charles loved his car - that became clear when he began driving through the streets of Seattle at an amazingly fast pace, while traffic lights seemed to change in his favor. With a grin he said: "One of the perks working for crash cart, you get access to the emergency priority on Grid Guide."

He parked in the underground garage of the building and led Anna to the elevator that took them all the way to the top of the building into a lavishly decorated penthouse suit: The exterior walls were made up exclusively from glass panels, giving the whole suit an appearance of being a wide open space. All around she found expensive looking sculptures and paintings - quite a lot of them explicit and erotic, probably to get his female guests into the right frame of mind.

"Another drink?" he asked while gesturing to a well equipped bar.

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (11:04:41/11-12-16)
To be fair, Krestov had not imagined in his wildest dreams that his simple plan would go over so well.  So as he is sitting with Kite, speeding off, the text manages to make the stony troll rumble out a chuckle.  "Mission is good. Thank you for help, Kite.  I did promise dinner for help, da?"  While that was being worked over, he sent a courtesy text to his contact in the KE.

<<Thank you for letting me know.  It sounds very entertaining.  I will look for it on the trid>>

Some time later, his comm gave him a ping, telling him one of his nicknames was being used in the group chat.  Having been focused on his mission this whole time, he admitted to being a bit confused as to his role.  So, he replied in the chat honestly..

<<bnc, what is it you had in mind with me and Tschernenko?  My part is taken care of, so I can be available, but if time is a factor, may have issues.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:44:56/11-12-16)
Anna figured out the flaws in her plan and decided to improvise, it was a bit risky but she hoped to get away with it, she used the drive to secretly stash some bliss in the car. Waiting for a moment where Charles is preoccupied to seed the car.

[spoiler]
Palming (http://orokos.com/roll/455461): 11d6t5 3
 
[/spoiler]

When they got to his apartment Anna took a drink and then walked around to admire the paintings, she seemed really intrigued by the erotic of them, and even took some ideas for things that she wanted to try. Then she stopped at some random painting, and angrily splashed her drink at that painting. As if it was not enough, she shattered her glass at the painting and cried madly "Die Die! Kasinsky! You ruined my life."

She looked at Charles that was probably caught by surprise and said in a combination of self awareness and embarrassment  "I am a failed artist and will never be as big as Kasinsky, this is why you have him on your wall and not me, A life wasted... "



Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (12:52:43/11-12-16)
To be fair, Krestov had not imagined in his wildest dreams that his simple plan would go over so well.  So as he is sitting with Kite, speeding off, the text manages to make the stony troll rumble out a chuckle.  "Mission is good. Thank you for help, Kite.  I did promise dinner for help, da?"  While that was being worked over, he sent a courtesy text to his contact in the KE.

<<Thank you for letting me know.  It sounds very entertaining.  I will look for it on the trid>>

Some time later, his comm gave him a ping, telling him one of his nicknames was being used in the group chat.  Having been focused on his mission this whole time, he admitted to being a bit confused as to his role.  So, he replied in the chat honestly..

<<bnc, what is it you had in mind with me and Tschernenko?  My part is taken care of, so I can be available, but if time is a factor, may have issues.>>
Slobbertooth woke up from his stupor. Oh thank god someone can help me with this. Slobber had been slightly panicking about how to accomplish this without resorting weapons discharge. Ha. Discharge

<<I'm still watching her. Maybe I you can arrive just in time to remove the presence of an Orc yelling in Japanese and claiming she stole her ideas from his artwork?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (05:26:18/11-13-16)
[spoiler]Remember: The conversation with Krestov is around noon.[/spoiler]

"Krestov: I repeat. Our Anna, let's call her Yael for simplicity's sake, is going to meet up with Whitman at a bar called Enzo's tonight. There she wants to seduce and drug him.
The other Anna, let's refer to her as Tschernenko, will most likely have an alibi with the night. Slobbertooth is overwatching her with increasing passion.
My plan is to send an invite from Whitman to Tschernenko to come to Enzo's. That way, we know where she's going and we might have a calendar entry on her phone saying she's going to meet up with Whitman. What's more important: When Whitman claims that he's met up with some Anna Tschernenko, she will be able to confirm. I don't think that the investigating forces will find out in less than a day that there was a third party involved.
Some time on the way, you come into play. You kidnap Tschernenko and make her vanish. If you can erase her memory, better so. In the morning, we drop her some place and let her go.

This way, we deal with both of them simulataneously without drawing any attention to the possibility that there's actually someone else involved.
Sounds straight?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:08:09/11-13-16)
Anna figured out the flaws in her plan and decided to improvise, it was a bit risky but she hoped to get away with it, she used the drive to secretly stash some bliss in the car. Waiting for a moment where Charles is preoccupied to seed the car.

When they got to his apartment Anna took a drink and then walked around to admire the paintings, she seemed really intrigued by the erotic of them, and even took some ideas for things that she wanted to try. Then she stopped at some random painting, and angrily splashed her drink at that painting. As if it was not enough, she shattered her glass at the painting and cried madly "Die Die! Kasinsky! You ruined my life."

She looked at Charles that was probably caught by surprise and said in a combination of self awareness and embarrassment  "I am a failed artist and will never be as big as Kasinsky, this is why you have him on your wall and not me, A life wasted... "

Hiding the drugs in the car was no problem. In the side compartment of the passenger door it would be easy to find during a search. And just to be sure she sprinkled a bit into the vents, so the drug sniffer was sure to get the scent.

Everything went great until the moment she vandalized the picture. Where Charles had been charm itself a moment before he now became enraged. With unexpected speed and force he went up to Anna, grabbed her hair and smacked her face, stunning her for a moment before wrenching her head back:

"YOU STUIPID WHORE. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH THIS THING COSTS?"
Not waiting for her answer he swung to punch her again.

[spoiler]
Surprise attack: Subduing attack (Subdue (http://orokos.com/roll/455759): 10d6t5 5 [10d6t5=6, 5, 1, 6, 6, 1, 3, 1, 1, 5]
Anna Defense: Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/455760): 10d6t5 4
STR+Net successes are greater than Anna's Phys Limit:
She is subdued:

Whitman Ini: Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/455762): 8+1d6 12

(Whitman has 4 in all attributes, Unarmed 4 + Specialization (Grappling) - and no, this isn't the first time he hit a woman)

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:22:45/11-13-16)
As Charles turned from prince charming into a psychopath, primal fear grabbed Anna and that fear made her feel excited, alive and sharp. Anna narrowly escaped the grapple and run as fast as she could. She quickly dashed behind the bar, breaking line of sight and using the invisibility spell. That should buy her some time, but how much ?

Anna needed a plan, she needed to get out of there.  She remembered that the elevator was activated by Charles, and required his approval to use. Anna looked around for some exit, anything even a balcony or a window seemed like fair game at the moment.  As Charles approached the bar, Anna quietly changed position to behind a David like statue - but unlike the original that one had a very large erection.

[spoiler]
Invisibility F4 (http://orokos.com/roll/455861): 11d6t5 4
drain (http://orokos.com/roll/455862): 10d6t5 5
no drain.
Stealth roll: walking quietly. 
stealth (http://orokos.com/roll/455863): 11d6t5 4
[/spoiler]

At that moment Anna probably had a few seconds to spare, so she texted, bnc >> Get me out of here!!!  Hack elevator.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:36:06/11-13-16)
[spoiler]
Resist Physical Illusion (http://orokos.com/roll/455871): 8d6t5 1
Perception (Sound) (http://orokos.com/roll/455872): 8d6t5 0

Lucky girl...

[/spoiler]

Charles rounded the corner with murder in his eyes, only to stare confused at Anna - completely fooled by the illusion. He looked around, searching for Anna, stalking from hiding place to hiding place.

"I should have known you were to crazy to be let in here. Always trust your instincts.
Show yourself and take your punishment. There is no way you are getting out here. This is an executive penthouse with the best security money can buy.
Come out now, or you will learn just how angry I can get."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (00:55:12/11-14-16)
Damn slitch, didn't I fucking tell you to invite me to your commlink to spare me time when I have to save your well-shaped asshole?

"Invite me to three marks instant. I don't know where you are."

Using the time until Anna can react, she immediately starts to attack Whitman's commlink, the only thing she knows for certain to be involved.

[spoiler]

Initiative roll (http://orokos.com/roll/455987): 4d6 19
I don't know her exact initative but I don't think it's necessary. She'll get three passes during the first combat round.

1st pass:
Free Action: text Anna
Complex Action: Hacking on the Fly
I'm not entirely sure that bnc is able to access his commlink as she cannot see the icon. On the other hand, she knows his commcode andn should be able to locate it via the code.
Using standard stealth configuration as used repeatedly, I roll for Hacking. I subtracted 2 dice for noise. Using a satellite link, that should do.
Hacking on the Fly (http://orokos.com/roll/455986): 17d6t5 7

I will post later as soon as I know whether you allow me to access Whitman's commlink. Also, please let me know how long it takes until Anna has time to send me the invites. It's a Simple Action. Since she's hiding, I assume that she will be able to do it instantly, unless one of you two tells me different.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:06:26/11-14-16)
Anna left the comlink in conversation mode, in order to keep bnc aware of the situation. Her inner bitch, hoped that bnc was recording it as it might give the team some leverage on Whitman.... but for that she needed to get the hell out of there and the place, the beautiful erotic place was also a fortress. Charles was physically superior and the only way Anna could defuse the situation was her spirit, but that would completely take the mission sideways.
 
Just moments ago, Anna flirted with the idea of sleeping with the man.  Curious to find out if he was as good in the sack as he was charming. That rapid transformation from charming to an horror movie villain, made Anna glad that she still had her panties on.  Sure, she provoked him but that was the reaction she expected from criminals and thugs not from rich doctors.


She was cornered, trapped like a mouse and the only thing she had going for her were being invisible. It was a stalemate for now as he could not see her, and years in the street have taught Anna to walk and breath very quietly. There is always someone bigger and stronger and in Anna's youth - 'bigger and stronger' described pretty much everyone. Her heart was pounding with excitement and terror as she thought. "come on Sprinklers... get me out of here... just open a window or the elevator... give me something...  "
Time seemed to move very slowly and every moment seemed like an eternity, Anna did her best to remain hidden.




"But it would feel so good to vandalize something else..."


For the time being, Anna resisted the urge to tilt over one of the expensive status. She felt that Charles was mad enough, and she did not want him to grab some firearm...  In addition, although Anna could feel the excitement growing, she is still too terrified to risk exposing her location. Heck, she is not even sure if Sprinklers can really hack the elevator... or open a window for that manner.


[spoiler]
 bnc - already has marks on Anna's link. (she requested and Anna complied)
 Anna's link is muted and active in a call - so bnc should hear what happens.
 Anna is unlikely to type - but she should see with her glasses whatever bnc types to her. So it is not that she is ignoring bnc but rather that without a DNI she is too scared to start texting with that psychopath playing hide and seek with her.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:08:39/11-14-16)
[spoiler]
One Matrix perception check from bnc to find Whitman's link and all the periphery
Matrix Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/455996): 13d6t5 5
The man has a Transsys Avalon active - it's not slaved to his companies host - it is currently making a call - the penthouse has lighting, alarm, sprinklers, door locks and elevators slaved to the building's host (R6 A6S7D8F9)
If you want to open them, you need a mark on Whitman's link and use spoof command to get the elevators to open (Whitman has legit Ownership of the doors, elevator and lighting despite them being slaved to an host)

Whitman Hacking Resist (http://orokos.com/roll/455995): 10d6t5 4

bnc has a MARK on his commlink and can see the message he just sent


[/spoiler]

bnc found Whitman and his penthouse on the first attempt. As expected, security was high: He used a top of the line commlink and the utilities of his living quarters were matrix active but slaved to the security host of the building.
Just as she had gained access to the man's commlink she became aware of an ongoing conversation he was having with a contact named Zodi Yak
<<Zodi, I have a little problem. There is a crazy lady hiding somewhere in my penthouse. She already ruined one of my priceless artworks. Do me a favor and trace her link so I can get an AR marker on her.>>
<<Hi Charles, you always have the funniest guests over. No problem. Just in case I'll also block her outgoing messages - you never know if those "crazies" won't try to accuse their host of rape or something.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (05:33:40/11-14-16)
[spoiler]@gilga Ah, that changes matters. Anna only responded by saying "I'm gonna have it turned off anyway" so I thought you didn't allow me to the marks. Maybe I just missed the passage where you said otherwise.
Btw: First thing I thought is: "Record that stuff". I was just waiting for the permission ^^

@Jack lol. Zodiac. ^^
How far is the mansion from Slob', Krestov's, and Kite's and my and Flatline's position?

2nd pass: Simple Action: Talk to Anna (I guess a message this long will take a Simple Action)
Simple Action: switch to silent mode
Free Action: drop call

3rd pass: Spoof Command: Spoof Command (http://orokos.com/roll/455999): 11d6t5 5
Opposed Roll (http://orokos.com/roll/456000): 10d6t5 3
Free Action: initiate streaming

New Initiative:
Initiative roll (http://orokos.com/roll/456001): 4d6 13
I should have 22 or 23. Don't have her sheet with me.
I'm not sure whether you already count this in combat rounds at all. If you do, I might have needed one more action for the Matrix perception. If so, I can perform my next action as 2nd pass of the 2nd combat round. I will only do this if Zodiac doesn't interfere in any way.

Spoof Command (http://orokos.com/roll/456003): 11d6t5 4
Opposed Roll (http://orokos.com/roll/456004): 10d6t5 6

I would use Edge:
Edge (http://orokos.com/roll/456005): 7d6h5 0
To no avail.
So, unless any interference from the other decker keeps me from making this mistake, I waste one point of edge and have a failed Sleaze action on Whitman's commlink.

Anyway: Free action: talk[/spoiler]

"Look at whatever you would have me to unlock. I'll open it. Then go for it.
In case there's any magic or anything I should know of, find a way to indicate it. I'll leave. Don't call back. I'm still with you."
bnc ends the connection before Zodi can. She marks one of the elevators with a big red X. Then the elevators opens, then closes its door after a few seconds. This should be enough to get Whitman running there, and give Anna time to sneak away anywhere else.
As soon as bnc can make out an elevator or window Anna targets, she'd mark it as a green frame in Anna's vision and try to open it. As soon as she finds a second, she redirects the whole stream to her commlink (not her deck) and stores it there.

"Flatline, Anna's in trouble. Hurry up but only intervene if it's subtle or an emergency."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (05:52:27/11-14-16)
Anna casually looks at the balcony, and uses the distraction to quietly improve her position closer to that Balcony should it suddenly open. If she is lucky enough and Whitman indeed dashes to the elevator perhaps bnc can lock the balcony after Anna escapes, in that case Anna may take comfort in the fact that Whitman is going to be looking for her for a while before giving up. 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:16:39/11-14-16)
[spoiler]
As I said, at least one of the guys should have kept up with Anna as back up. That one is probably outside the building with the car.


Small correction on your rolls:

SPOOF COMMAND
(complex Action)
Marks Required: 1 (see description)
Test: Hacking + Intuition [Sleaze] v. Logic + Firewall
You spoof a device’s owner’s identity, making the device think that your command is a legitimate one from its owner. You need one mark on the icon you are imitating; you do not need a mark on the target. The opposing dice roll is still based on the target, though.

So you need the mark on Whitman, but you roll against the host which has 15 dice
Missing Dice (http://orokos.com/roll/456032): 5d6t5 2 [5d6t5=6, 5, 3, 1, 4]
So 1 point of Edge would be a good investment to break the tie.

Meanwhile: Zodi:
Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/456036): 8+4d6 24
Ini 24: Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/456037): 12d6t5 4
Found Anna's link

Ini 14: Hack Anna's link (http://orokos.com/roll/456034): 12d6t5 3 [12d6t5=5, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 3, 5, 1, 1, 3, 3]
Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/456035): 10d6t5 3
Nothing happens

Ini 4:
Hack Anna's link (http://orokos.com/roll/456038): 12d6t5 4Hack Anna's link (http://orokos.com/roll/456038): 12d6t5 4
Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/456039): 10d6t5 4
Nothing happens

Ini 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/456040): 8+4d6 21
Ini 21: Hack Anna's link (http://orokos.com/roll/456041): 12d6t5 5
Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/456042): 10d6t5 2
1 MARK on Anna

Ini 11: Hack Anna's link (http://orokos.com/roll/456043): 12d6t5 5
Anna Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/456044): 10d6t5 3
2 MARKs on Anna

Ini 1: Trace (http://orokos.com/roll/456045): 12d6t5 5
Resist Trace (http://orokos.com/roll/456047): 5d6t5 0
He has her location
At the start of Round 3 A big fat ARO will reveal her location
[/spoiler]

bnc had already been secure of her victory, only to see an error message pop up: "Error with identification, please re-send login information"

Meanwhile Charles had begun to stalk through his penthouse, the anger in his face undiminished but now also accompanied with a cruel, calculating smile.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (10:16:32/11-14-16)
[spoiler]Last init pass from round 2 (after I subtracted one for the Matrix Perception from before and included the failed attempt). Depending on your answer in the OoC post I have either spent one or two points of edge.

Free Action: Talk.
Complex Action: Reboot Device.
Since bnc's initiative is higher, Zodiac can't perform Trace Icon - it's gone before she can start.

Initiative roll (http://orokos.com/roll/456061): 4d6 17
Nice roll. My init is 26 or 27, then. This should enable me to act first, probably. Anyway, I'll wait for your OoC post before I continue.
[/spoiler]

"You're being traced. Fight back.", bnc yells, then does the only thing to stop the tracking process before it's finished: rebooting Anna's commlink. Now the goddamn balcony!
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:39:07/11-14-16)
>> Open balcony and quickly close after I am in th*   was what  Anna could convoy to bnc, before the link rebooted, and with the reboot, bnc's voice was gone and Anna was alone with the psychopath. She stood still and breathed slowly and carefully,quiet like a little mouse. Charles was loud and was looking for her in closets and rooms. He was angry and made quite a mess of his beautiful apartment. (not that he'll need to clean it up anyhow... )

The thing with invisibility was that Anna did not 'feel' invisible - therefore she did not move much, she did not dare to do so.  He had no idea, where she was hiding - so why change position.  How could he ? her location had no obvious hiding places close to the locked balcony.

Anna's plan was simple, go the balcony and levitate away to safety. Hoping that bnc opens and closes it before Charles is able to see her. Even if he see the balcony door opening for a moment - what will she do there, suicide? Anna took the time and wiped around the astral signatures that were left by casting the invisibility spell.

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (15:12:59/11-14-16)
[spoiler]Spoof Command (http://orokos.com/roll/456113): 11d6t5 3
Opposed Roll (http://orokos.com/roll/456114): 15d6t5 6

Under these circumstances, I can't hope to break the host's security.
Is there another way? Can I access floor plans? Is there an open window? Any gear that's not fully protected by the corp's security host?[/spoiler]

bnc swears under her breath as she realizes that even her hacking skills can't match a profound security host like this - not running silent from somewhere else while being in a hurry. As soon as Anna's link is back, she talks to her - if only to reassure her that she's not alone.
"Host security is nigh impregnable. Keep your matrix security up. I'll find a way for you. Reinforcements arriving."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:37:17/11-14-16)
Keep calm girl, you can do it...

Anna texts Slobber and bnc >> Slob - how fast can you place your hands on Whitman's car parked under the building... Dude loves his car - go tell him you are my boyfriend and if he does not let me out you are going to trash his car.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:43:13/11-14-16)
[spoiler]
The reboot has given Anna some time.

Floor Plans are available as evacuation plans in case of a fire. There is a locked emergency staircase. Slobber could probably cut his way through with a microwelder or a mono chainsaw, but would have to climb quite a lot of stairs to do so (20 floors to be exact)

No open windows this high up. There is an air conditioning duct, but Anna would have to seriously contort to fit in after removing the grate and then would be stuck until she could remove the heavy machine.

There are a few things not part of the Host: The sound system and the trid player, the vacuum drone in it's loading station (stats of a jardinero drone) and likely a few other things that are switched off at the moment that might turn up in an exploration of the penthouse.

[/spoiler]

bnc was frustrated but so was Zodi. bnc saw his responses to Whitman: <<Damn this more complicated than expected. She just rebooted her link. But I swear to you she couldn't have noticed me. Are you sure you didn't invite a technomancer into your home?>>
Whitman just replied: <<Get on with it. I'm seriously beginning to regret taking the 75 qm option.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:49:30/11-14-16)

Anna used her improve willpower spell to help her protect the link from that pesky decker, with clarity and determination nobody was going to break into her things. She could try to steal the link, but if Whitman grapples  her then she is completely exposed.

She looked around trying to something, anything of interest that can level the playing field.

[spoiler]
Improve willpower (http://orokos.com/roll/456120): 15d6t5 5
drain (http://orokos.com/roll/456121): 14d6t5 3
She'll use full matrix defense from now on being aware of the risk. 19 dice to defend against matrix... bring it on mister decker.
perception
Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/456126): 10d6t5 2
[/spoiler]


Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (01:40:17/11-15-16)
bnc's voice is pressed and comes in waves, as if she's working on something else entirely. "Slob in position. Don't call yet. Anna, just a bit of time."
Then there's something like a hint of a smile in her voice. "This' getting fun. Whoohoo, Zody, come and get me."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:20:55/11-15-16)
[spoiler]
I thought you didn't try again against the Host after your first try only produced a draw.

In that case he did indeed notice you.

The Hacker keeps attacking Anna's link, but with her at full defense he won't be able to trace her any time soon.
[/spoiler]

Anna was just about to get a bit calmer again - bnc was working on her escape and Charles was looking at the other end of the room for her. Suddenly she heard him laugh with cruel mockery.
"Oho, you have called a little hacker to get you out of here, haven't you? Well, I can tell you he just failed. Do you know what that also tells me? You don't want to call the police. Grant you, it wouldn't help you. I made sure of that a long time ago.
I'm giving you one more chance to come out of your hiding place. You leave my house and you'll get the invoice for the restoration of that priceless piece of art.
Look, I'm even opening the elevator doors for you."

True to his word, the elevator doors opened invitingly. But Anna couldn't overhear the cruel, mocking tone in his voice.



Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (08:58:15/11-15-16)
[spoiler]All right, in that case, I wouldn't try to hide. If you'd allow me, I'd just swap my rolls and instead create marks on Whitman's link. I have a higher dicepool still, so I think it's fair to keep the rolls I already made.

On the assumption that I have the first pass again, I'll go for Garbage In, Garbage Out. But I don't want him to actually open the door, but to transfer the right to do so to public. Then I can control the door without raising any attention.
If that's okay for you.

Garbage In, Garbage Out (http://orokos.com/roll/456327): 15d6t5 5
Opposed Roll (http://orokos.com/roll/456328): 10d6t5 3

Is Zody still attacking Anna ? Does Whitman do anything? Is there anything indicating that he doesn't believe that I failed in controlling the elevator I opened up before? After the door first opened up and I then failed a Sleaze operation, this must be what it looks like. But you never know.

If not, I'll search for Zody. I think I can just buy hits, can't I?[/spoiler]

"Damn right I have, you amateur. Get going, Anna. The way is free. Whitman thinks I screwed up opening the elevator. I'll take care of the decker now.

KITE, I need you. Watch my persona for marks on it. Warn me asap. Beside that, stay invisible."

Now, this is going to be FUN.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (11:48:21/11-15-16)
During the Tschernenko op

As they were driving along, Krestov mulled over his options to he request, but simply gave a nod before turning to Kite.  "Go ahead and drop me off outside place.  Will call for bike later to keep you free.  Thank you for help"  He gave a little smile as he started to adjust his suit about him, cleaning up for meeting this woman.

<<on way to assist.  Slob, you are free when I arrive.  bnc, please give me any information an art enthusiast may know on Anna.  Thank you>>

Upon arrival, he deftly exited, letting his long coat billow out in the breeze as he walked inside, giving their decker access to his vision  as he identified his mark.  Activating his tailored pheremones, the big troll took a seat near--but not next to--the artist.  "Vodka, straight up...или самая близкая вещь вы называете водкой..."

He played casual, keeping his gaze forward, save for a couple noted glances towards the woman.  He made sure he was noticed before he slowly turned his head, leaning forward and speaking in his native tongue.

"Простите, но ваше приятное лицо кажется мне знакомым. Мы встречались, возможно, на выставке где-нибудь? я не забуду лицо легко, и я бы опозорил, если я забыл один, как ваш ..."

[spoiler] "Or the closest thing you can call vodka..."

Forgive me, but your pleasant face seems familiar to me. Have we met, perhaps at an exhibit somewhere? i do not forget a face easily, and i would be shamed if i had forgotten one as yours...

(Also as a note, while it may seem weird to immediately pick out a native, I've seen it far too many times personally to find it out of place to do so here ^^)
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (13:05:26/11-15-16)
[spoiler]For clarification: This message was not sentn to Whitman, but in the group channel. I spend my first action to GIGO. If nothing else happens, I'll stick to Matrix perception, in order to find Zody and ex the bastard.
Please inform me as soon as Whitman tries to send a message (and thus triggers the GIGO).
[/spoiler]

Tschernenko op

"There you go, big un. I sent you a file consisting of all info we have. I guess you can sort out yourself what you need or don't need. I'll join you VR as soon as you unleash Krestov Special Forces."

Whitman op

"KITE, also sent some vehicle to the place. We need to bring Anna outta here."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:44:23/11-15-16)
Having a MARK on Whitman's link allowed bnc to view the conversation log file.
Zodi had just realized the futility of what he was doing: <<It's not working. I just had to reboot twice. She must be monitoring her commlink actively and react to every warning message personally to lock her system up that tight. The funny thing is, she hasn't shut it off, which implies that she is still in contact with someone. I'm trying to find her contact and see if I can crack it from that end.>>
<<Damn it, I thought you did this for a living. Hurry up.>>
What else he wanted to write would have to remain unclear, as bnc just then enacted her little bit of computer wizardry. Instead of sending the message, the icon of the balcony door changed from "secure" to "open access".
Whitman obviously noticed that the message didn't send as the command was repeated twice more.
"Oh you think you are clever? Hacking my commlink? But two can play this game." With that Whitman's commlink vanished from the matrix as he rebooted too.
Anna now had precious seconds before before Whitman could again interact with the penthouse systems.

Meanwhile, bnc had located Zodi's system: A cheap, modded Erika MCD-1 that seemed to run overclocked.

Earlier in the day at the hotel

Anna Tschernenko visibly perked up when she heard someone in her mother's tongue order Vodka. Consequently she had already established eye contact with Krestov while he was still making his way through the restaurant. She smiled at his question, revealing that a) she definitely wasn't a closeted humanis friend, b) coffee and breakfast had made her mood excellent and c) she wasn't in a hurry as she gestured Krestov to take a seat at her table:
"That wouldn't happen to have been the Czarista Exhibition in St. Petersburg in July? I was visiting to see how people reacted to my "Black Vulture" statue. It took me ages to carve all the little faces on the maggots and I wanted to see if some of the big wigs recognized themselves.
I am Anna Tschernenko. Ah, I see now the recognition hits you. No need to be embarrassed. Just get me one of those you are having and we can call it even."

[spoiler]
This is an easy con roll: Krestov get's +2 bonus dice for speaking her language and +1 for her interest in the other sex
Just two successes needed.

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:51:24/11-15-16)
Seeing that the balcony door became open access, Anna quickly opened the balcony door and quietly moved into the balcony, closing the door after her. Once out she used the levitate spell to slowly descend down the building, enjoying the view and for safety avoiding windows although she was still invisible.
[spoiler]
stealth (http://orokos.com/roll/456378): 9d6t5 6 (her physical limit is 4).
[/spoiler]

She texted >>out, meet me at this address - but keep a door open to save time.  (she gave the address of a nearby street that had no direct line of sight to the balcony).
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (14:54:53/11-15-16)
[spoiler]Is it all right to assume that Kite will tell me if anyone gets marks on me?
I think it makes sense to roll the Perception check after all:
Matrix Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/456393): 11d6t5 6 [Limited to 5]
If the Firewall rating is below 4, I'll roll for 2 marks at once, otherwise only for one:
Hacking on the Fly (http://orokos.com/roll/456394): 17d6t5 4
If I rolled against Firewall 3 or less, subtract 1 die for a total of 3.

In case of a success:
Free Action: Load Battle configuration.
This is my last initiative pass in this combat round.[/spoiler]

Wohoo, you idiot! Just when I don't needed any more from your commlink, not only did you forsake all marks on my deck, but you also made it impossible for you to ever investigate what command I exchanged. You couldn't have done me a better service, drekhead.

What a waste that I didn't have time for a dose of Golden Mirror. I guess, after this run I'll change my mind about the internal drug injector. In for a dance,
Sternenkind? I'm gonna make you pay for supporting a rapist.

"Good to know. If anyone minds me staying just a bit longer, now's a good time to tell me. Else, watch back and enjoy the show."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:45:06/11-15-16)
[spoiler]
He is constantly switching from a 1633 to a 1336 configuration. The deck has a hardwired program module with the Encryption Program and also has a Virtual Machine program loaded to expand the available slots. In the regular module slot is an Induction Receiver Currently loaded are Stealth and Exploit.
bnc notices that Zodi switches extremely fast between attack and defense programs, using two free actions per turn. (Courtesy of the Perfect Timing and Overclocker qualities)

He has 5 in Int, Log and Wil
Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/456408): 16d6t5 5
Zodi always begins and ends in the defensive configuration, he also spends 10 Ini for full defense, increasing his defense to 16

Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/456407): 8+4d6 21

Ini starts with him in hot sim and having a MARK on bnc
Free action: exchange Exploit for Configurator, Free action at the end to switch attack and firewall
Deck now has 6133 during his actions and 3136 while he isn't acting. (Programs: Decryption, Virtual Machine and Configurator + the permanent Encryption

[/spoiler]

The matrix of the Emerald net had a cold and sterile design around the building, dominated by the presence of the R6 host. Both hackers had found each other through the multitude of signals and where now facing each other across virtual roof of the 20 story building. Above them the starless night sky of the matrix, only brightened by the occasional flash of high volume data traffic.
Zodi's persona wears the form of a huge anthropomorphic Yak with cartoonish looking glasses with added eyebrows, a fake nose and mustache on its face. The resolution isn't particularly good which is no wonder considering on what limited hardware the decker operates. As bnc gets ready for the confrontation, the Yak loses the glasses and instead materializes an outdated blunderbuss between it's hands.

<<Who the fuck are you?>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (18:21:19/11-15-16)
[spoiler]I'll try to reconstruct what happened after they found me. If I recall correctly, my failed attempt was that round's last action.
The following combat round, Zody knew about me. If I got that correctly, his three actions were to attack Anna one last time, then perform matrix search, then mark me.

I opened the door by GIGOing, then rolled for matrix perception.

As a last action, I tried to get a mark on his deck. As his firewall is beyond 3, I rolled for only one mark - 17 dice. He only gets 11 dice, since Full Matrix Defense only works against Attack actions. That's a draw then.

Now there's this new combat round:
my initiative: Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/456429): 4d6+10 23
his initiative: 21

Since I now know that he has a MARK on me, I will first try to eradicate it.
Erase Mark (http://orokos.com/roll/456430): 15d6t5 3

Erase Mark (http://orokos.com/roll/456432): 16d6t5 6

I use my 2nd point of edge to reroll the failed ones: reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/456428): 12d6t5 4

Oh, nice. I wanted to minimize the damage, but in this case I'm good. I erased the mark and hid.

I'm left with init 13, he with 11 (or 21, if he chooses not to Fully Defend). It's his turn.
Depending on what he does, I might go for full defense.


Just for interest: I didn't get how he does all this shifting. He started the combat round with 1336. He then uses:

In case I didn't miss anything, that's 4 Free Actions. 5, if you include messaging me ;-)
[/spoiler]

"One usually first introduces oneself. Din't mommy teach you?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (21:14:02/11-15-16)
Devon immediately summons a fire elemental when bnc shouts her order at him, [spoiler]Summon Fire Spirit (http://orokos.com/roll/456476): 10d6t5 4 4d6t5 1 Summoning Drain (http://orokos.com/roll/456477): 10d6t5 3[/spoiler]and instructs it to follow him to Yeal's location.  He arrives to see her having already escaped the penthouse, but ordered the elemental to make sure she makes it safely to the ground anyway.

He also follows her decent astrally and waits for a need to do anything useful.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:10:08/11-16-16)
[spoiler]
@Volker
First of all, no. Full Defense works against Sleaze actions. The German rules clarified that. Besides, it helped Anna just three posts ago against enemy sleaze actions and I didn't hear an objection then. No double standards please.

Secondly: Loading the configurator (free action) changes both the program loadout as well as the matrix attribute array, so only one Free action for a full configuration. The message was sent with a simple action, and the second free action to switch Attack and Firewall again.

The mark resulted from your failed HotF action with 4 successes vs. his 5 successes, which is also why he knows at whom to direct his message.

As you go into hiding, he uses his action at 1 to enter the host of the building, his icon vanishes.

[/spoiler]

When bnc's avatar faded from view again, the Yak only flipped her the bird and vanished too - by conjuring up a trapdoor on the roof and climbing into the host.


Meanwhile, Anna descended safely and invisibly from the real building towards the waiting car. The fire elemental reported no threats from the astral and Flatline likewise couldn't sense anything.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (09:44:00/11-16-16)
Krestov wasted no time to join her at the table, drink in hand as he took a seat across from her, his smile widening as he called their host over.  "Another for my friend here.  Make sure our glasses never empty, da?"  Turning his attention back to Anna, he reverted to his more comfortable Russian o converse.

"Ah, of course, I am in awe.  Your "Black Vulture" was truly as evocative as intended.  I personally was drawn to the bird''s eyes.  So expressive!  Well, this is truly a wonderful day.  I am Grigor Koscoff, a crusader of arts one could say."  he tipped his glass back, encouraging her with body language to do the same as the warm liquid burned down his throat.  Taking a breath, he continued, using his AR view to reference his info.

"Now then, where to begin?  I must say while your Black Vulture had its merits, I do recall my fondest memory of your work being "Embrace of Lost Hope" some years back in Moscow.  There, I could feel the emotion in it...malaise, sorrow, longing.  You truly are a wielder of the feelings, miss Tschernenko, and to that I drink in your honor.."

[Spoiler]Con (with bonuses) (http://orokos.com/roll/456596): 9d6t5 3
Nailed it :D
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:04:00/11-16-16)
Anna had for one moment doubt in her eyes about that huge troll that had just drunk a full glass of vodka before noon and wanted her to join in, but than her Cossack heritage won and with a cheerful "Nastrovje" she took a long swig from her glass too.

Not to long after, she and Krestov were in a heated debate about art, the current fascist policies of the Kremlin and how your commlink never is where you expect it to find but actually where you should have looked first if you really think about it.
Unsurprisingly, the artist was a hard drinker - with the added advantage of a filling meal inside her.

So it was one and a half bottle later that she suggested with the burning eyes of a true revolutionary that it was time to create a new work and that Grigor Koscoff had to assist her. With an irresistible and contagious enthusiasm she led him back to her room - only to emerge seconds later with a mono-chainsaw.
"To the park, comrade"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (13:49:16/11-16-16)
Slobbertooth heard over Krestov's image link what had suddently become his plans for the afternoon.

Well it's not like I have anything else to do. Slobbertooth continued his day of tailing the real Tscherchenko. Who knows, Krestov might actually need back-up for once.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:45:46/11-16-16)
Only once in the car did Anna allowed herself to talk to Kite and Slobber , she lied low in the back seat and undid the spell. Hoping not to raise suspicion "Thanks for picking me up, Charles was so charming I actually did not mind sleeping with him. He turned out violent and perhaps rapist, my mission was successful.  We will talk more at the safehouse."

She used her spirit service to clean up all the astral signatures left at the scene, even from the astral Anna did not want to see that prick again.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (01:17:25/11-17-16)
Once Anna was safe and bnc was back to the matrix, an outburst of fury hit Anna: "What were you thinking, you retarded discount slot? Can't you even put your cunt to sensible use, carajo? Also, don't keep a link whose commcode is known. Merde!"

Suddenly there was a sizzling sound, and the reek of burned wires and scorched plasteel filled the car. Whoever was wondering what got a burner link its name, now's got the answer.

[spoiler]Assassin configuration.
Dataspike (http://orokos.com/roll/456856): 13d6t5 5
I just estimated the defense dice: Opposed Roll (http://orokos.com/roll/456857): 6d6t5 3
That's 2 + 6 (Attack) + 2 (Hammer) + 9 (3 Marks, Mugger) = 17 boxes of damage. Or so.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:42:28/11-17-16)
Anna would respond but the decker had just fried her burner link - it was an expensive kind - kind of a shame that she burned it. Anna felt as if she was treated unfairly, after all at the end of the day she got the job done. She was reasonably safe with her spirit and was never actually in danger, the thing was with physical assault or possible killing the police investigation was going to be much more extensive and Anna did not want that. She kept professional, did not mention over her link anything that might expose her and eventually with some decking help she escaped, without the use of completely obvious magic and without harming Charles, that was probably extremely frustrated at how the night degraded.

Tomorrow when Charles tries to cross an international border he'll be in trouble or significantly delayed at least, and the artist Anna was probably in trouble as Charles is likely to pursue her for his painting and with the way he behaves probably has some dirty cops on his payroll, all in all Anna felt successful. Anna placed the toasted link in the car. Figuring it'll be funny to give it to bnc and ask her to scavenge what was left of it. Anna would not justify herself, or answer bnc as she is reluctant to discuss anything incriminating over the matrix.
 She shrugged and  looking again at the burned burner she allowed a deep laughter escape her, she was happy, excited and peaceful - she felt competent.
"It was awesome, we did it!  and bnc is the second one I deal with that has some unresolved anger issues..."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:23:27/11-17-16)
Earlier that day:

Alcohol seemed to have a manic effect on Anna Tschernenko, since she dragged Krestov with her, while still brandishing an uncovered mono-saw and running down the hotel hall.
Without so much as a glance, she crossed the road in front of the hotel - ignoring the blaring horns and screaching tires - and entered the small park, where she immediately begun to work on an EVO-information kiosk, made from stainless steel and chrome and a holo lense.
"Keep a look out for the cops."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (09:44:15/11-17-16)
Even if the human woman had a full stomach and tolerance for liquor, Krestov had the advantage of his size to absorb the alcohol.  He felt guilty after kicking the habit, but his resolve was strong as the day unfolded.  He was certain Slobbertooth was getting a kick out of his predicament, and sure that if she were watching, bnc would not let him forget it so easily.  Sighing mentally, his eyes widened as she brandished the chainsaw and pulled them out of the hotel to the park.

<<Believe our friend just set herself up.  I'll make sure she commits, but I need a way out without her knowing.  Can tip off KE anonymously.  Suggestions?"

He gave a silent nod to her as he took a few steps back, staying near some foliage as he looked around.  Thankfully, the odd midday hours and colder weather meant low pedestrian traffic...may be easy...
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:17:34/11-17-16)
With amazing speed and precision for a pretty tipsy and rather petite woman, Anna began her work on the block. It took only a minute for her to carve a recognizable face from the steel. Another minute revealed a remarkable similarity to Krestov's handsome trog face. Somehow she even managed to get the various cords and cables from within the kiosk to take on the semblance of his hair.
As the sirens drew nearer, she began carving letters under his face:  "Morte Tyranni"
She had just finished carving the hammer and sickle as two beat cops appeared from their cruiser.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (00:59:13/11-18-16)
[spoiler]Is badneighbor still playing?

Is this KE or Lonestar? What dice pool would their information system have against matrix actions?[/spoiler]

Tschernenko op, afternoon

"Drek! This is going awfully wrong! Don't forget she mustn't be in custody tonight. If we want to blame our Whitman coup on her, she can't be in prison already. There's no better alibi than that! Can you do it? Do you need any help? I don't think I can hack the police's direction system."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:33:40/11-18-16)
[spoiler]
KE
The dispatch system is also behind an R6 host 8679, so 15 dice
The gear of the KE officers is secured by their commlinks, so 10 dice

They carry standard issue equipment: Ares Pred, Stun Baton, Armor Jacket with Helmet, R5 Commlink, 8+d6 Ini, 8 Attack, 8 Defense, 18 Soak


[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (13:43:12/11-18-16)
Slobbertooth looked at his Mirage, and then at the cops closing in on Krestov and Tschernenko in their cruiser.

Am I about to do something very very stupid?

[spoiler] This op needs more pink mohawk

So... what kind of vehicle are the cops driving.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:27:41/11-18-16)
Earlier
"Just great", thinks Yael, and texts on her way  >> Don't let me be the one preventing you from doing something dangerous and exciting but I can spray you with some fairy dust to help you evade the police unnoticed?"

Later
Seeing the tough faces Slob and Kite are giving her, Yael remains quiet. She wanted to confront bnc, but felt too confrontational at the time.  Her fellow runners seemed like tough cookies. Perhaps they indeed just see her as a barbie doll. Trying to fight her anger and frustration, she projected her mind to the safe house.  Yael made sure that it was still safe and then watched bnc for a while - she wanted to talk to her - but just popping out like that might escalate things. Instead, Yael did what she usually did to relax -  a mental tour in the city. She projected her mind and watched the streets, Washington lake and Council island.  Doing so she had to fight an urge to mentally visit her family. Yael suddenly missed them, it was not that Yael did not regularly meet them, it was that  she drifted away when SINless Yael became SINNer Anna.

Yael wondered what would her parents think if they knew what kind of mess she got herself into. That she seduced a middle aged man into his apartment and planted drugs in his car. Worst, that despite genuine attempts to ditch these life of crime, she could not resist the thrill of a lucrative job. "I am going to rob a freaking bank -  I am a huge disappointment... How do I tell them that I am incapable of staying at the right side of the law? After all my lectures and speeches... They were right,  I am still Yael, and no matter how hard I try to be SINner Anna - I just cannot. I am as fake as my SIN. "

She returned to her body as the car arrived and then silently left to her room, but hesitantly before entering she decided to 'knock' on bnc's door by texting >>knock knock.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (16:56:04/11-18-16)
Flatline was following the car, so when Anna's astral form left and headed to the safehouse, he was really confused.  He had read enough warnings about astral travel that made him worry about someone leaving their body in a moving car.  He used the last task of the elemental to stay with her physical form and continue to protect it, then followed her.  When he arrived at the safehouse he noted her activity and continued to follow discretely.  Her aimless wandering became apparent, so he settled into an overwatch role, somewhat confusing himself by the activity.

He finally realized it was simply The Protector guiding him, and after a few minutes of his usual exercise of trying to make sense of what his mentor wanted of him, he gave into the act.  Back at the safehouse, he intended to speak with Anna, though he wasn't sure what it was he was going to say, so he while he waited for the team to return, he went back to studying golf.

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (02:40:14/11-19-16)
Earlier

"Good thinking. But you should do the same to Anna. Remember, Krestov, she should not have any alibi at all if we want to blame her for what our is going to do. Just, you know, make her pass out. Seems you're on a good way. Private victory celebration or something?"

Later

Gooddamn, burning drek! What the drek went wrong in there. I could have pulled this drek off way more elegant. Drek, am I getting old?
bnc switches to AR and gets up. She walks over to the sink and splashes cold water over her face, swearing under her breath. Then she walks over to the freezer, gets a can of Pepper Plus, but then decides otherwise.
"Why did you slitch not coordinate with me? God dammit, drek. Could you not just have him shove his golden dick up your cunt and be done with it?", she yells at no one in particular.
You're just angry because you fucked up. You should have realized that the host would be able to see through the spoofed command. You should have thought about crosslinking the commands from the beginning. And you serious as hell should not have tried to erase a mark from a professional hacker in the middle of combat! You're a runner now, you should know that stuff better. Don't just blame it on someone with bigger tits.

bnc punches against the wall in fury, then sullenly sits down on the hospital bed. <@Janitor <Get me my damn massage chair from my flat. I can't lie in a bed like this for hours every day. Also, if you don't have it at hand, buy a shitload of datataps and burner links. I don't want anyone so much as take a piss without both of them.>>

She lies down, makes herself comfortable, and switches back to full VR in order to stay with her comrades. You can't be sure that Zody didn't find a way to attack them.
Not much later, a message from Anna arrives. Before she answers, bnc checks the sender link - just double-checking everything is okay with it - before she answers:
<@Anna <whos there>>

[spoiler]Matrix Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/457395): 13d6t5 6
Just the usual stuff. We know there's nothing wrong with it, so let's just proceed.

A rules question. Since I failed to wipe out the mark on me that I failed to avoid, I have three boxes of matrix damage. This wouldn't be a big deal, if it weren't a built-in headware deck. In our group, we assume that built-ins, too, need some kind of mechanism to exchange them when they get out of date or malfunction. Most of my teammates would argue, that you still have to open the skull at a defined point, thus needing medicine, but that there's kind of a slot where you can jack in and out the deck.
What do you say I have to do in order to repay it? I don't fancy the idea of keeping the matrix damage for the rest of my life. I possess both the hardware and medicine skills.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:50:57/11-19-16)
Earlier
[spoiler]
(Yael has a spirit F5 - if it uses its concealment power (materializing high above the city and concealing itself too - any perception checks to locate Anna T. and Krestov are suffering -5 dice and crossbow should have a better spirit by the way).
[/spoiler]

Later
Yael looked at Flatline and nodded saying a happy "Hey you!" .
Yael felt a bit awkward, underwhelmed before that mage - and he was following her, perhaps fearing that Yael was going to screw up again.

Then she grinned as she texted.  >> It is miss 'hasn't been slotted' can we ahm - talk in person? to see where we are at. Her link had trodes so she did not need to even type, "if I was not awakened I'd definitely get a DNI. "  She thought.

[spoiler]
@Jack, Volker
Just my own opinion - though I think about implemented deck as something like a specially tailored smuggling compartment. One that is made especially for the deck. So the most hardcore I'd go is to have to cut open some skin to expose the compartment.
(can be cool RP if bnc actually tries to do that - and Anna can heal the cut if you like.)


@Crossbow - if you like we can have Anna/Flatline exchanging a few words in the hallway - do not worry about the time/space continuum, just forward the conversation when you have time. 
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (05:05:07/11-19-16)
<@Anna <might prove difficult. u r in a car im@home. but we can discuss in the groupchannel how we rectify the sit.>>

[spoiler]I think we should wait for the Tschernenko OP to be finished before we make any more plans how to deal with the situation. Do you agree?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:34:53/11-19-16)
[spoiler]
No special hurdles to repair your deck (normal Hardware test). You may describe it as you see fit, but the smuggling compartment description is spot on in my opinion

The Patrol Cruiser has
HANDL  6/3
SPEED  5
ACCEL  5
BODY  14
ARM  9
PILOT 2
SENS 2
SEATS 6
 
(As per the rules in Stolen Souls 197)

[/spoiler]

Finally Tschernenko had put the finishing touches to her work and grinned at Krestov, taking another swig from her bottle:
"This piece will easily fetch 30k even after the fines for vandalism. But you might want to go now. You are much to handsome for prison." She winked at him.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (10:03:11/11-19-16)
[Spoiler]Guh, I hate work XD  gonna be a post to keep things moving, so ping me if you need a dice roll or something.

@Volker: a surgeon in Antarctica once removed his on appendix, so it isn't in the realm of impossibilities to do a little self-treatment :D [/spoiler]

Krestov''s mind was whirling as the fellow Russian carved into the piece with amazing speed, but he could hear the sirens, and a confirmation of Slobbertooth''s presence combined with the aid from Yael and the promise of some aid from bnc helped.  As Anna spoke up, he reverted to his tongue and nodded.

"Is true for both of us.  Hold on, I will take you to safety"  Mentally directing his bike, he felt some kind of energy wash over him...Anna's doing no doubt...and scooped up the woman in his arm, darting off the beaten path to use the landscape as cover, keeping low and fast to evade the coming pursuit to his getaway bike...

<<bnc, no need to hack KE.  MAYBE play with traffic lights?>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (10:22:32/11-19-16)
"Hey, just wanted to make sure you were okay, caught the tail end of all that stuff at Whitman's, and I saw you fly off, so I followed.  Don't know if you saw me in the AEther.  Good work with the clean up by the way, how do you want to handle this thing tomorrow?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:39:21/11-19-16)
[spoiler]
I'll do the rolls for you

[/spoiler]

While Krestov picked up the artist like a trained pick-up artist and started to flee Tschernenko squealed with delight:
"Haha, you know how to handle a lady." To  the police men she called: "So long boys" and threw them kiss hands.
The KE had their guns out but obviously didn't dare to shoot at the troll due to the human woman over his shoulder. It took them a second to reholster them and get their stun batons out, but by then Krestov had already gotten quite a lead and steadily gained on them. His bike arrived just as he managed to break line of sight to his pursuers.
Getting on the bike and sorting Tschernenko out took a few seconds, so that the police men came just right to eat some grit of the bike speeding away.
Over the noise of the rushing air she called to him: "What should we do next? Are you going to climb the Empire State Building with me in your arms?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (11:24:31/11-19-16)
[spoiler]Nice :) I'm definitely fine with that, too.  But I would still have to carve a cut into the flesh to get to it, wouldn't I? I mean, it's in my head, after all.

I guess I don't need any rolls to perform the thing below, do I? I should get away with buying hits if I just pick those cars with mediocre security. Also, I have all skills I need to control them.[/spoiler]

Tschernenko OP
"Do cops in the UCAS have to stop at traffic lights? I got a better idea..."

With growing enthusiasm, bnc starts to get that part of the job done. In order to keep the police, she hacks nearby cars and bikes and sends them in their way, creating chaos behind Krestov's tracks. But she tries not to overdo it - she wants it to look like bad luck. A missed braking maneuvre here, a stray bike there. Just enough to make it difficult for the cops to keep up.

"Woohoo, safe journey, kiddos!"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:31:03/11-19-16)
Earlier
Yael astrally took off with her spirit to the scene, it only took a few moments. Once she estimated that Krestov and Anna have broken line of sight with the coppers she instructed her spirit to conceal the couple, their bike and the spirit itself.


Later
Yael said "I love astral travelling, it opens my mind and gives me perspective. Yes I saw you, thanks. I am just glad that bnc had me out of there, I did not want to hurt that man or be exposed as a mage."

She sighed tomorrow "I'll be charming and you'll be respected. I hope that Whitman will not be there as I planted some drugs in his car, as for Anna T, Whitman thinks she demolished one of his expensive masterpieces. If we did legwork well, most of the good buyers will not make it and we just need to make a good impression."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (23:52:02/11-19-16)
"Charm is definitely a strong suit for you, maybe you should be there to help me with our Amerind competitor.  I have the story worked out, but I am not the best at delivering a convincing line, I am confident we can take this guy out of play if we can get him drinking."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:39:29/11-20-16)
Yael smiled and said "Thank you, you are very kind" she paused and then said "Alcohol is a passion of mine and I am very knowledgeable and am always looking for these little pieces of heaven. Like that champagne I had tonight, it was the real deal.  The problem I see with getting him to drink is that it usually involves us drinking as well. With my weight I get drunk quickly.  What did you have in mind? Perhaps Krestov can help with that, he should be able to drink quite a bit."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:47:55/11-20-16)
Earlier:
All in all it took only one poorly secured car to create a traffic jam, blocking the police pursuit. Now it was up to Krestov again to keep Tschernenko long enough out of trouble to get her into trouble.


Later:
A bit belated, Mike replied to bnc <<I think I know where to get such a seat. I'll have it for you by tomorrow. Burners and taps are in the blue box next to the CNC/Sinter Printer machine.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (00:55:51/11-21-16)
Earlier

"There's one Hollywood trid scene of a car race! Is the plan still the same: I fake a message from Whitman to Tschernenko? I believe now would be a nice time for doing so. Roger?"

Later

<@Mike<bastante grando muchas gracias>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (10:41:56/11-23-16)
Krestov gave a chuckle as he rode off, shaking his head at the old trid reference.  "Tempting.  Perhaps a drag through the streets like Persikov at Battle of Troski* will do instead?"  Revving his engine, he planned to take a ride through a number of districts, intending to kill time while letting the alcohol simmer...stoping for a drink every now and then to keep the buzz going..

<<Sounds like plan.  If can set so she not know of message right away, may be better?"

[spoiler]*clearly I've been watching Star Trek, as that is a Russianized reference to the Iliad served Chekov style.  Hah![/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:31:38/11-23-16)
"How exiting" exclaimed Anna. "I've got a bit of time on my hands anyway, so show me the sights."
Krestov felt Anna snuggle closer to his back, trying to avoid the rushing air.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (00:26:58/11-24-16)
"I guess I can add it later on, too, if that suits your plan better.
Don't leave your DNA within her, Eight-six-eight-two.
Cheers, mate, mate and cheer"

bnc gives him a second to respond, then cuts the voice channel. She'll be available anytime but she figured it's easier for him to flirt when no one's listening.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (12:51:52/11-25-16)
<<Have some faith, bnc.  Will behave>>

Noticing the channel closing, he sighed and straightened his back, feeling the Russian push into his back.  Without a word, he proceeded to take her on a tour to a few districts in Seattle...the vibrant and color downtown, the cerebral suburbs of Snohomish, the gritty slums of Redmond and Renton...huge contrasts in styles, colors, smells, ambience...it could easily turn into nightfall until he figured it was time to press on...
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:35:38/11-26-16)
Seattle, November 6th, late evening

It had taken an (un)surprisingly large amount of alcohol to bring Tschernenko into the right state of consciousness. Krestov had to admit that the artist was both fun and intellectually on the level, not to mention temperamental and passionate. All in all she created three more statues - one even resembling Krestov's whole body, although he had to admit that her guessing about his anatomy was flattering even for him.

When Krestov delivered her finally to her hotel room she was so drunk and sleepy, that she didn't even realize how her new Russian friend left the room. No matter how good the woman could handle her alcohol, she wouldn't be out and about before 11.00, way after the sale. If the police didn't get her before that.

Soon news reports appeared, talking about the vandalism - slash - art project that an AI had linked almost immediately to Tschernenko. The corporate speakers whose properties had been enhanced in this way were quite visibly sweating, trying to explain that vandalism couldn't be tolerated but at the same time wanted to keep the sculptures that were being quoted with five to six digit sums.

Back at the safe house, Mike had dug out an old fashioned white board where he tallied:

Coleman: X
Tschernenko: X
Whitman: X
Crow:
Wong:
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (09:04:25/11-26-16)
For the first time in a while, bnc made the effort to leave her room and assemble with the others. After the usual hellos, she comes straight to the point.

"Not so fast, Mr. J. We still got jinxes to snuff out before we can move on, after Barbie Anne decided to deal with Kandinsky.1
Our plan was to blame the crime on Tschernenko. We can still do that, but I see issues for two reasons:
 First, doesn't appear to be still necessary, as she's exed out herself bastante effetivo.
 Second, if we do - even if we don't, but don't warn her asap either - he might actually try and geek her. While I ain't got zero problemo with blaming a crime on a freak like her, I don't wanna see her levelled.
Next problem is, Whitman might go searching for Tschnernenko. If he finds her, and finds out that she's not our Anna, we might get a problem.
I suggest we bring her outta town real quick and hide her good 'til then. And we warn her never to come back. We can say she destroyed his prop by accident or something. But I think, Special K should make sure, sweet Anna T. leaves town plus quick and for good."

1 (I assume here that Anna told the party why Whitman freaked out like that. If not, please tell me, so I can edit the post)
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (20:35:10/11-27-16)
Yael smiled and said "Thank you, you are very kind" she paused and then said "Alcohol is a passion of mine and I am very knowledgeable and am always looking for these little pieces of heaven. Like that champagne I had tonight, it was the real deal.  The problem I see with getting him to drink is that it usually involves us drinking as well. With my weight I get drunk quickly.  What did you have in mind? Perhaps Krestov can help with that, he should be able to drink quite a bit."

"I don't think that would be appropriate, we don't know this guy, so our best bet is going with social norms, in case he is some kind of Meta bigot.  Even if Krestov weren't Goblinized, sending our security to deal with one of our competitors is just not a good look."  Flatline addressed these points clinically and academically, leaving no question that his own personal feelings were not an issue here, that he was fine with metahumans and had no issue dealing with someone's subordinates.

"What I was thinking is that we go with a relatively honest approach to the meeting.  Let Crow know that we are competing for the same property and that, because he already has property on Council Island, we think he might be open to a business arrangement.  We would be using the property strictly for Meteor to bring in the occasional client and if we could work something out on that back end should the owner's decision go Crow's way instead of ours.  We use the liquor to seal the compact and get him drinking, we can say we are from Africa and our clocks are not set Seattle time to cover that indescretion.  Our handy supplier of goods has said he can get us something to neutralize the alcohol effect on us.  We leave him the bottle, bing bang boom, one more down.  What do you think?"

Flatline seems eager for discussion of the scenario.

 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (09:48:29/11-28-16)
It was fairly late when Krestov had returned to the safehouse, the effects of his broken sobriety fully present as his unsteady steps bumped him into the walls a few times.  "Job done" he muttered to Mike before collapsing on the couch, head tilted back as the team gathered.

As much as he would have liked to help, in the back of his mind the troll knew it would take all night just to get him clear enough to do his role...further alcohol would not help.  Rubbing his head, he turned to bnc.  "I checked Tschernenko under fake name a hotel.  Whitman no find before tip I leave for KE in few hour.  She is high profile enough will not be bought when in custody.  She will be fine.."

...no, he didn't even realize he was still spouting Russian at that moment, and even that was slurred...
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:12:02/11-28-16)
In the hallway - last night
Yael answered Flatline "Well, basically I'll be your hand candy - Crow would like to drink so that I join you too and celebrate and I'll flirt with him casually. Will make him considerably more likely to offer me a drink and therefore to drink some himself. I hope these antidotes works because I am kind of lightweight in that department."

[spoiler]
Would you like to just have the rest of the group join Flatline and Anna for a conversation down the hall - will flow more natural in my opinion.
[/spoiler]
in the car
[spoiler] I was uncertain how much Anna would disclose, but lets go with the flow. " [/spoiler]
Yael said "Well he is a violent sexual predator - but I did not get the impression that he tried to kill me. He tried to grapple and punch me and considering what I just did I probably deserved the grapple part. I think that he planned rape rather than murder, I could be mistaken but he is a millionaire looking to purchase a boat house for a couple of millions, I would not expect him to be a murderer. I mean, why risk all these wonderful life for a chance to end up in prison."

She knew exactly why risk it - everything becomes boring eventually, but the last thing Yael wanted was the mission to go sideways, they had to handle Crow and since both Anna and Charles were ultra rich people they had the police to protect them and none of them was easy to kill without a full blown police investigation. That particular risk seemed very unlikely to Yael.

Yael looked at Krestov confused when he said his piece trying to figure out that hunk meant, but she was used to getting distracted by that charming 'goblin' as flatline previously called him.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (20:50:39/11-28-16)
Slobbertooth blinked at Krestov's slurred speech.

"And I thought I spoke gibberish" (Orzet).

Talking about the plan

"Exposing the same team member to multiple people risks that person being recognized. Sorry, but I don't trust magic to totally cover our tracks here. bnc and Flatline should do it."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:29:31/11-29-16)
Yael grinned, she completely agreed, in her mind Sprinklers was  a manipulative slitch and could pull that one off easily.
Perhaps she needed a dash of magic to help her - but so did Yael. After all, if bnc was not capable of getting an alcoholic guy drunk, then who would?  Besides, the thought of watching the short woman getting hammered with two guys was too amusing to give up. Then she thought about how Flatline was going change colors if bnc flirts a little or god forbids gets handsy.

Yael's smile widened as she said:   "I agree"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (01:52:08/11-29-16)
[spoiler]As this is, despite gilga's efforts, merging into one single conversation, I guess I'll just give in to the stream...
I hope it's all right if I assume that Krestov will, when asked, eventually translate what he said. If not, tell me so.
The German passage translates an "Jeez, can we just proceed in English...?"
[/spoiler]

"Jeez, können wir dann langsam wieder auf Englisch weitermachen..?"
bnc sighed, as usual patience incarnated.

"I don't really give egg fart about whether he was about to geek or rape you, or both, in any order. I don't know whether you enjoy sexual assault, but if you do, turn off your goddamn link, cuz I don't wanna look through the evidence later on.

So, Special K, you think we can let go and leave her be? We should still protect her after she gets out, but we should have the boat by then. It's not only for her safety, also for ours...", she adds, sounding almost apologetically. Obviously, she's still unsure whether a soft heart is regarded as a weakness or a strength.

"Alora, 'bout tomorrow. Dunno what mojo you're talking of, sempai, but what Anna's using's called make-up. Din't figure you know the difference, but it's still there. Anyway, the question is not whether you trust her disguise skills, but whether you trust them more than my social skills. You let me loose on Dancing With Wolves, and he might just as well drink himself to death just to forget the experience. 'sides, I don't wanna get drunk right before you need me most. Antis or no, these 100 pounds won't be able to swallow half's much booze than a drinker.

Except... No. Don't even think it.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (18:03:55/11-29-16)
Yael was annoyed and grabbed tightly to the door handle. It took a deep breath and a moment of silent before she spoke "Dayum, Charles was poking a bear and thank you AGAIN for saving my cover. The next time that you feel like voicing your doubts of whether I like to be sexually assaulted just don't, it is like you have no filters at all."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (18:42:48/11-29-16)
Flatline shook his head with the suggestion that someone else assist him, "That won't work, for the same reason that Krestov would be a bad choice, we can't present subordinates to handle negotiations like this, it just doesn't make sense.  It needs to be the corporate official and their assistant.  If we need to rework IDs, then let's get that done, but otherwise it is Anna and I."  The young man continued to lay out his plan, "We shouldn't need to really imbibe that much if things go well, one drink to celebrate the deal or thank him for the meeting, and the rest left with him as a parting gift.  If he is the addict we hope he is, we let nature take its course and it is just Wong and ourselves meeting the seller for the property.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (01:38:32/11-30-16)
Yael was annoyed and grabbed tightly to the door handle. It took a deep breath and a moment of silent before she spoke "Dayum, Charles was poking a bear and thank you AGAIN for saving my cover. The next time that you feel like voicing your doubts of whether I like to be sexually assaulted just don't, it is like you have no filters at all."

"I do have filters. Noise filters, for example. Triple-S filters. PIR filters..."
After all, Anna realized, bnc can even be thicker than usual, if she actually tries to.

She listens up, however, when Flatline releases her with quite an undisputable argument. She is just about leaning back, when she freezes.
"Nay. We can't have overlooked that. I-I can't...
Just wait a tic..."

[spoiler]I might edit this post if no one posts before I resolved this.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (09:36:47/11-30-16)
Krestov held a palm to his forehead, applying pressure as e attempted to refocus himself.  At the comments to his statement, he lowered his head and recited his information, in a broken and forced English, but at least comprehendible.

He nodded to bnc, offering a smile.  "Would agree, observation after to see if threat there.  Still think worry is not needed, but can still see.  Nnh"  he leaned forward, eyes closed as the rest of the team conferred.  "All know is...might need to mask face after today...Tschernenko...used me as inspiration I think, heh..."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (13:14:16/11-30-16)
to Krestov

"She did what..? Oh crap. We should deal with them asap, immediately after the boat rent. Maybe if we  destroy the piece of art in time ... I mean, it's quite recognizable. There's hardly a tusker as charming as you." She winks.

regarding tomorrow

"Woohoo...", bnc says, a grin spreading on her face.
"This is interesting. Apparently, Featherhead is the girl's uncle. Seems the relationship's somewhat cool, however... gimme a moment."

bnc leans back and shuts her eyes. For some moment, she's gone, then she blinks and bites her lip in a grin.
"Look-look. Seems they have some issues with each other. Uncle Crow doesn't appreciate her choice of groom, apparently a kind of racism. He also doesn't seem to approve his being a lawyer. The old drunkard tries to prevent any palefaces from buying property on the island. Seems like he even toys with the idea of involving SS Council themselves."

bnc looks up to the party again, no longer distracted from an invisible chat log before her eyes. "Change of plan, I guess, mu chicas e chicos.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:29:49/11-30-16)
Yael said "Statue is already in the news and is... " Yael paused and opened her mouth with astonishment. "it is so hard... I mean difficult to get off... I mean take off the matrix." .   A bit blushed and with a widening smile on her lips she added "and now I know why she calls you special K... are you guys together or something?"

...

When bnc did her thing she asked "Sale is in two hours what can we do with all this information, I am confused."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (17:16:16/11-30-16)
 I swear, if Yael were male she could double as a hatrack Yael's distraction gave Josiah an inspiration.

"Actually Yael, I'm the one that gave him the name Special K." Slobbertooth walked over and put an arm around the troll. "And no they aren't together or something."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (19:11:38/11-30-16)
bnc looks up to the party again, no longer distracted from an invisible chat log before her eyes. "Change of plan, I guess, mu chicas e chicos.

"Actually Yael, I'm the one that gave him the name Special K." Slobbertooth walked over and put an arm around the troll. "And no they aren't together or something."

Flatline looks at Slobber and Krestov, raises an eyebrow, seems to start to say something, the thinks better of it, then turns to the hacker.  "Why would we need to change plans?" he removed his glasses, "Does this face really look pale to you?"

 8)

[spoiler]

Devon's father is predominately African American, with a paternal great grandfather who was a child of an Anglo/Salish union, with various other tribal leaves on his family tree, his mother had a Cherokee grandmother.  He is about as mixed as mixed gets.  He looks like the kid they call Waitlist from "How to Get Away with Murder" with a touch more red tint.

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (03:46:18/12-01-16)
bnc laugs out loudly. "It's more of a boy-boy thing, y'know."
She winks, casts a look at the trogs, and grins as she pictures them... Shaking her head, she adds: "And I think, Special K is actually a reference to muesli. Because he eats muesli-eaters for breakfast.
No, really, I don't think this is so big a business that it'll be impossible to erase. I'll see what I can do, however. But still, it's just carved plasteel. No one should be able to identify him by this. I mean, if you saw a, what's the word for those head-only statues - bust? - of Cicero, would you recognize him, if he crossed your way wearing a suit and hat?

Now, why do I propose we change the plan? Because we wanted to spoil his first impression. But the first impression happened centuries ago. Thus, we must adapt to the situation. That's not saying we shouldn't get him drunk. We should. At least enough to make it difficult for him to compose himself.
Also, more importantly, we have to do our homework after the lesson. If we buy this thing, Crow might get hostile. Also, there's leverage to make him appear less appealing as a buyer. We might find subtle (or less subtle) ways of reminding her of their grudge. Like, you know, sending a fake message from his link in which he complains about her husband. Something like that. It bears the risk of getting exposed, however. Any better ideas?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:53:37/12-01-16)
Yael is amused by the guy to guy affection - that is kind of hot although Slobber is definitely not in a relationship due to his hygiene status. Definitely not a gay one.

Yael seems to barely control her laughter when bnc mentions Special K as a reference to Musli.
She says "Musli? Another Be Nice Cutie game? There is no way you missed one of the most pleasant recreational drugs out there. Special K in Washington university or Jet if you buy it in Puyallup...  Ketalar if you buy it in a pharmacy. It has different names for different people, it is a powerful tranquilizer that generates intense sexual hallucinations. "

Grinning she said "and the buissness was quite big actually, that was what reminded me of Special K to begin with."

She shakes her head trying to focus "Can you explain again, slowly:
1. what is wrong with the current plan.
2. What do you suggest to do differently?

There are so many details and you just say them and with all these distractions I struggle to follow you. "
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (10:01:30/12-04-16)
bnc's voice is dry, but she smiles despite herself. "You figured it out, sweet meat. I have no idea what exactly is a reference to. Ask sempai, he'll know.

As for your questions:
 1. What's wrong is, it ignores that they are not strangers at all. What we tried is to ruin his first impression - which happened ages ago. What we need now is to ruin their very relationship. For that, we have to work on a different angle.
 2. I suggest, you two provoke him in front of his niece. Appear as paleface as you can. Point out that you're all biz with no interest in the land's heritage at all. Don't do it ostentatively, but also make it impossible for them to ingore it, while still being nice and amiable. Try to sympathize and socialize with her husband whom Crow loathes. Make any transgression towards you sound like a transgression towards her beloved. Enflame the silently hissing embers of their quarrel and make sure she doesn't even consider giving her property to a drunk, stubborn old dimwhit like him. I'll try and give you as much recon as I can, but I think you will have to do with what we have.
That said, getting him wasted still is our first priority. He'll be much more likely to lose control that way.
Ah, and Anna. Don't flirt with her husband. Double-check? Do not try and get laid by her husband. Maybe Mike can get you a dildo if that makes it easier for you."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:47:27/12-04-16)
"Why don't I ask Mike to rape me instead, that will sure knock the libido out of me. " she said sarcastically, that decker was some piece of work. Yael did not think that Crow was any threat at all, after all if they already know him for many years - they could have just sold him the property and there was no need for this sham.  She does not feel like sharing her thoughts though.

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (10:58:35/12-04-16)
Flatline steps into the physical space between the women and talks to bnc.  "Okay, so what you are saying is that there is nothing wrong with the current plan, you just got some more intel, and are giving us a better idea on how to handle the meet.  That and you want to keep this little bulldrek slap fight going with Yael, which she seems fine with continuing.  Okay, good to know, thanks and please, both of you, grow up, we all think that you are both pretty.  Have you gotten a handle on the environmental controls for the meet location yet so we can mess with Mr Feng Shui?"

Flatline delivers the rebuke with very little emotional heat, but does make a point of including the other mage in the maturity part.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:36:02/12-04-16)
Mike replied: "Hey, leave me out of your perverse fantasies.
If you want something to spoil Feng Shui, I could organize an alchemical preparation for you - just a bit of magical noise to spike the background count. You'll just have to be careful to get the thing trough any wards you encounter."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:46:03/12-05-16)
Yael said "Well call me when it is time to go. I am done talking to you guys, no point in planning it so much.  Plans rarely survive long enough to meet the actual reality anyhow. I doubt that drunken ass is a serious threat. They know him for years, they know he wants to purchase the boat house and they are still doing interviews - it seems to me that they will sell that place to anyone that is not Crow. I am done talking to Mr. Switzerland and to miss insensitivity, you guys are bringing me to the kind of mood that will make it difficult to perform my job. "

She looked at Mike "Sorry Mike, that was rude of me, you have been nothing but sweetness to our every whim." 

With that Yael went to her room and grabbed her Guitar. Playing calmed her mind, and silenced her inner vengeful bitch - she needed to be sweet and with that kind of dialogue she was more likely to shoot Crow in the knee than to flirt with him.  She turned her link off to make sure she was not disturbed.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (09:51:09/12-06-16)
If he were in a less hampered state, Krestov may have intervened on this little spat, but at this point in time it took everything jus to remain focused.  He shot bnc a look at the jibes and chuckled at Slobbertooth''s antics, but before he could react the two women had separated.

Sighing, he leaned forward and pinched his brow.  "Krestov know job.  Look big, make sure opposito on not want start violence.  Can do that"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (14:07:58/12-06-16)
bnc raises an eyebrow as Flatline steps forward. "You care to contribute anything to this run before you tell yer chummers how ter lingo their mates? Just do your job. I damn sure did mine 'til now, doc."

bnc shuts her eyes. For an instant she may seem to avoid Flatline, but whoever has their AR sight turned on, can see that her persona leaves to check the mentioned place. "negative. Nothing online there. I can open the doors for you."

bnc, too, rises. "You seem to be fine 'bout tomorrow. Wake me up before you go-go. I'll take the evening off, then.
Uhm, Mike. Are we allowed, y'know, leave for a club or something? Don't tell me the only male roughly my size is Sir Systemic Family Constellations."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:06:38/12-06-16)
Mike shrugged: "Dr. Schmitt didn't specify that. But he probably assumed you all would try to get some sleep before the mission so you'd be well rested. At least that's how it was on all the team runs I've been part of.
But again: I'm just the janitor, I don't care as long as you don't make a mess and jeopardize the mission by leading some muggle to our base."

Mike yawned: "Speaking of which, I'm gonna hit the sack too. I'll have all your stuff ready before you leave. If you need any suits pressed or other stuff ironed I have loaded the drone swarm with a household soft. Just give them the command and they'll take care of your wardrobe."

With that Mike left for his room.

...

The next morning was grey - mist had rissen from the lake and now was in the process of freezing over every surface outside. The gate crackled as it moved upward. A fine day for a shadow run. 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (00:03:48/12-07-16)
Slobbertooth woke up in time, or more accurately stayed up long enough, to join the rest of the team for breakfast. Even when he was splitting a home with the team, Slobbertooth had been a bit nocturnal, and his stay in the Barrens hadn't exactly helped much in that regard. He had spent most of the night running laps and going through some AR shooting drills with his SMG, rifle and pistol. It had been a long time since he had a quiet just to himself and Zelda. While Wolf often gave Josiah praises for his behavior in the Barrens, Josiah was happy to trade fewer plaudits for quiet and climate control.

He moved his equipment over to the side of the kitchen table and brewed some cups for soykaf for Mike and the team as they filtered into the kitchen for breakfast.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (08:19:07/12-08-16)
"Ugh, whatever. Du brauchst nicht mit dem ganzen Zaun winken... I'm not part of it anyway. Whatever. Cheers, mates, mate and cheer."

Next day in the morning, it takes bnc a while to get up. The others might in fact have already left, if nobody cares to wake bnc up. There's little she can do during the part of the action, so she'll just relax and enjoy the show.
When she comes down, still in her pyjamas, she takes a bowl of honey muesli out of the fridge, then joins whoever there is left to join.

[spoiler]You can't really translate what she was mumbling. Basically it's something like "Jeez, I got it", but with a chunk of German sarcasm.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (22:06:30/12-08-16)
Devon wakes up for the breakfast meeting, puts on the comfortable suit that had been selected for him and continues to quiz himself on golf notes he made for himself.  He wasn't happy with the idea that things had ended so badly the night before, but he figured he was working with professionals and things would go fine for the rest of the day.

When he saw bnc sitting in her pjs he stopped, "Are you getting ready?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (09:12:09/12-09-16)
"So, you guys still think it makes sense for me to come along? Ugh, if you insist... I can eat in the car, I guess."

Not really sure why her presence makes any sense, bnc decides for avoiding yet another argument. Instead, she slips into the dress Anna has chosen for her, puts on some quick make-up, brushes her hair, and returns no more than fifteen minutes later.
"Finished!", she announces with badly feigned brightness. She then sets some of the household drones to the task of bringing her most important stuff (she forgot it upstairs and doesn't like the idea of stepping steps again).
If the others aren't finished, she returns to the couch to finish her yoghurt, carefully paying attention not to spoil the dress.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (09:30:32/12-09-16)
Krestov was thankful for the rest, able to work off the effects of all that vodka whilst the drones pressed his attire for the meet.  Upon waking, he stepped by bnc's door and offered a quiet knock to wake her before setting down, only his tie askew as he took the caf graciously.

In the clean armored suit and coat and a good pair of shades,  the troll looked every bit the overwhming show of force that was his role for today.  His mind ws still swirling over the infighting, but at his point he had no grounds to intrude.  Wouldn't solve anything, just redirect the anger...hm
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:15:15/12-09-16)
Mike appeared a little while later, handing out packages, containing IDs and burner commlinks of high quality + the required licences and other stuff the team had requested.

"Alright. While you guys have fun on the island, I'll go and get the sub. Slobber, do you still want to accompany me, or would you rather go with your team instead? It's fine either way.
Oh by the way: A friend at KE just gave me a heads up that a Mr. Whitman got caught with a surprising amount of drugs in his car at the border crossing. So good work and good luck."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (13:33:53/12-09-16)
Mike appeared a little while later, handing out packages, containing IDs and burner commlinks of high quality + the required licences and other stuff the team had requested.

"Alright. While you guys have fun on the island, I'll go and get the sub. Slobber, do you still want to accompany me, or would you rather go with your team instead? It's fine either way.
Oh by the way: A friend at KE just gave me a heads up that a Mr. Whitman got caught with a surprising amount of drugs in his car at the border crossing. So good work and good luck."
"What the hell am I going to do at a fancy party? Lets' go get the boat."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (04:23:31/12-10-16)
Yael locked her door turned wireless functionalities off and once she relaxed with the guitar she entered the shower. She indeed had too much repressed sexual energy inside her for what seemed to be a streak of bad luck in partners,
from not joining the threesome with her roommate, to trying to bed that emotionally unstable Decker girl, and then with Whitman that should have been a great fuck and all but she trashed his freaking painting... to make Whitman press charges on Anna - but in the meanwhile Anna took care of herself - "that drunk artist...  I sort of like her without even meeting her."

"Darn it, I could have fucked his brains out, leave with a happy smile in the morning and never discover about that man anger management issues."  She lowered the shower head between her legs and allowed it to wash away all her frustrations and thoughts. 

***
In the morning Yael took a long time to prepare, she showered again, and quickly pocketed all evidence of her leisure activities. Stashing her personal items in their places piling up her dirty clothes in her laundry bag, once her room was spotless Yael had time to get dress. She order a very nice looking black Zoe dress, and wore it. It was elegant but within the price range of her new identity. She carefully set her her, and applied just the right amount of cosmetics to get that glamorous look that aimed to be natural like she was not even trying.

When Yael left her room she looked perfect, she picked up an apple and satisfied with that for breakfast. She greeted the rest with a wide smile and apologized on her behavior yesterday, justifying it to herself that she indeed becomes edgy, sensitive and emotional when sexually repressed. She nodded at Slobber and Mike as they were going to get the boat. Saying "Good morning" with a smile.  It was evident that Yael was a morning person.

She spotted bnc in her new dress and she said "Looking good, sexy!" . She took a seat in one of the sofas next to Flatline and asked him "Did you sleep well, Mr. Thyme? Or are we more informal in Africa?" Clearly she asked him how he wanted her to refer to him.




Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (13:57:25/12-10-16)
"I slept well, Roberta thank you.  I think we should follow standard corporate protocols, like we just did, you should handle all interactions with Ruth and Mr. King and do introductions, and I will interact with you and any of the principles.  I think I can adequately pull off that much and leave the majority of the social grease to you."

Standing, Flatline said,  "That said, we should get a move on, we do have a breakfast meeting, and I think it would be a poor showing for Mr Justin Thyme to be late."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (17:40:01/12-10-16)
Despite her prejudices against dresses, bnc actually chose the one she picked with Anna. It looks awfully wrong on her, if you knew bnc. People know her in band shirts, hoodies and sneakers, with tattoes and teenage hairstyles. Now she is wearing an elegant business dress, silver earrings and a push-up bra. Her hair is blonde with a hint of ginger, curling down her shoulders. She looks in the mirror with a hint of regret. Gone is the Anna's magic, and she wasn't sure whether it wasn't gone for good after how she treated her yesterday.


bnc is just as obvious no morning person at all. She looks worn-out and dizzy, but at least she's still too tired to get grumpy.

Quote from: Flatline
"I slept well, Roberta thank you.  I think we should follow standard corporate protocols, like we just did, you should handle all interactions with Ruth and Mr. King and do introductions, and I will interact with you and any of the principles.  I think I can adequately pull off that much and leave the majority of the social grease to you."

"Eh, what? Handle all interactions with Ruth? I wasn't supposed to interact with anybody. Believe me, chummers, it's better that way. All the magic of the world couldn't make a good convo partner outta me."

bnc grabs her handbag with all the technical equipment stuffed in. With a nod, she signals Flatline that she's ready to go.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:34:58/12-11-16)
Mike nodded to Slobbertooth: "Great. Get your coat and a weapon. Johnny Threefingers sometimes needs a reminder to keep to the terms of our agreements. I hope you know how to deal with the Irish Mafia."
He started the GMC and waited for the other Ork to get in before driving away towards the Barrens.

The rest of the crew minus Kite got the Rover and reached the bridge to council Island within minutes. All in all it took half an hour for the border guards to finish their search of the car and checking their fake SINs. But the disguise held and the visa got their virtual stamps.
Once on the island it was as if they had entered a different world: For one thing there was a lot more green around. Trees and bushes had been planted all over the place. The buildings were a lot lower and in many cases newer than in surrounding Seattle. Also the iconography of the NAN territory made the matrix look severely differently.
Despite all this, the grid guide got them without delay to their destination: A small harbor for midsized, motorized boats. Their target were the six, almost identically looking sheds, jutting out into the water like the tines of a giant fork.
The cold made the water vanish under a wall of mist and deadened the usual smell a freshwater lake inside a large city had.

It was still an hour before the official start of the tour, but already two cars were parked on the premises: A Chinese made limousine and a fat Mercedes.
According to the GPS, Crow's domicile was only one kilometer away.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (14:39:22/12-11-16)
Slobbertooth grabbed his jacket and helmet, slid his Ruger into his holster and some ammunition into his pockets.

"I'm not one for flowery language and I don't have experience dealing with the Irish Mob, but I can encourage them to keep the deal," He slung the Yamaha Raiden's gunbag onto his shoulder.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (21:24:14/12-11-16)
"Who does the Mercedes belong to 'Ruth'? I thought we were down to Wong and Crow?  If there is a new player, that would cause problems." asked Flatline as they moved past to the Amerinds place.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:19:20/12-12-16)
A quick matrix look up revealed that the Mercedes was the car of the two landlords.

Crow's place came into view: It was a low bungalow style building with a very wild looking garden and two remarkable large dogs roaming inside. In front of the garage a heavy Harley motorcycle was parked.
Seen from the matrix, the whole building was slaved to an R5 host, part of the NAN-Matrix Network.
The shutter were still drawn, but behind the front window faint light seeped through.

Meanwhile, Mike and Slobber had reached a non-descript warehouse after Mike had paid off a gang at their checkpoint. The building had seen better days but seemed to be whole and had power. Mike made a short call and a garage door opened. Once they had driven inside, Slobbertooth saw a large hall, filled to the roof with junk and goods of any description. Inside an alcove as mall office had been created that was supported by a large electric radiator. Two very heavy and tall bodyguards that only thanks to their hairless skulls didn't look exactly like gorillas followed their movements with their identical pair of sunglasses.
Slobbertooth noticed immediately the Ingram SMGs the two carried. 
Johnny Threefingers had indeed only 3 fingers on his right hand, the little and the ring finger missing just beneath the first knuckle. Otherwise the man was a very alert looking, almost ferret like, thin man of middling height. His red hair and clean shaven face made it difficult to pin down his age. He stood up from his desk and smiled wide when he saw the two orks:
"Mike, how nice of you to drop by. I've got your delivery ready. But sadly, there is a problem..."
He snapped his fingers and the two bodyguards rose from their seats and started to point their guns in the two orks' direction.

[spoiler]
Ini for Slobbertooth.
Mike has: Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/465432): 12+2d6 21

Johnny: Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/465433): 8+1d6 12
Gorilla 1: Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/465435): 10+2d6 12
Gorilla 2: Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/465436): 10+2d6 22
Wow, pretty extreme spread.

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (08:16:21/12-12-16)
[spoiler]She'd double-check the other car, too. I just assume it belongs to Mr. Feng Shui.[/spoiler]

bnc nods. "We are. It's the vendors'. The other one belongs to Dr. Chink. Is it okay, if I wait in the car? I'll be with you online, but I can handle things better when nobody asks why I'm drooling where I should be listening."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (09:19:15/12-12-16)
Slobbertooth's grimiced behind the tint of his helmet's visor when he heard "sadly" come out of Threefinger's mouth.

"Now let's not do anything hasty here.."

Slobbertooth immediately spun around and fired his Ruger loaded with Gel ammo directly into the skull of one of the two gorillas as they started to pull out their weapons.

[spoiler]Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/465492): 4d6+13 25

Simple: Agility Boost [2] (http://orokos.com/roll/465493): 8d6t5 3
Simple: Quick Draw Ruger Attack+Called Shot
Quick Draw (1) (http://orokos.com/roll/465494): 14d6t5 4
Quick Draw Attack+Called Shot Vitals (6+8-4) (http://orokos.com/roll/465495): 10d6t5 4 hits 11S+net hitsDV AP-2[/spoiler]

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:09:31/12-12-16)
[spoiler]
Gorilla 2 Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/465501): 10d6t5 3
12S
Soak (http://orokos.com/roll/465502): 13d6t5 2
10S
Unconscious

Mike: Charge attack: Disarm
Charge (Disarm) (http://orokos.com/roll/465503): 12d6t5 3
Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/465505): 10d6t5 2
Mike has Ingram

Gorilla 1 throws punch at Mike
Punch (http://orokos.com/roll/465506): 8d6t5 2
Mike Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/465507): 12d6t5 8

Johnny draws Gun and shoots at Slobber:
Shoot (http://orokos.com/roll/465508): 8d6t5 3
DV 7P + Net Hits

[/spoiler]

The bodyguard dropped like wet sack full of bricks to the ground. Mike - despite his age and laid back attitude - had not wasted a second and charged the other bodyguard, flanking over the desk and using a complicated arm movement to disarm his opponent in such a way that he now pointed the SMG at his face.
Either the bodyguard was fearless or dumb, but he actually tried to punch Mike in the gut. The old ork sidestepped while retaining the weapon.

Meanwhile Johnny had drawn a small gun from his pocket and actually fired at Slobber while he tried to get to cover.


At the Island

The limousine was indeed registered to Wuxing, so it was no stretch of the imagination that it belonged to Mr. Wong
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (10:41:20/12-12-16)
Slobbertooth saw threefingers clumsily aim his pistol at him after his guards had been effectively neutralized. He hardly tried to dodge and got shot in the chest but the bullet crumpled harmlessly against the armored jacket.

"Oh come on, the fight is already over. Just give us the boat. You might actually hurt one of your clients if you keep this up."

Slobbertooth simply raised his Ruger at where Threefingers had moved to, aimed and activated his smartlink system.

"We might even still pay you."

[spoiler]Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/465520): 17d6t5 1 :/
Soak Threefingers (9) (http://orokos.com/roll/465521): 21d6t5 10 Okay.

Simple Action: Aim
Simple Action: Activate Smartlink System[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (09:34:56/12-15-16)
Once at the island, Krestov was the first to move in the car.  Nodding to the others, the prim and proper-looking troll donned his shades, his expression taking on a stony appearance before he opened the door and stepped out.  Feet adopting a wide stance, he took on what any security specialist would do: securing the area for his employer.  Once satisfied, using his vision to relay information to the others, he gave a tap on the door.  "Clear.." He muttered tersely before awaiting what was to come.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:31:29/12-15-16)
Before Yael left the car she made a quick astral tour of the house to see if the owner is still home and gauge his general mood.
[spoiler]
not her brightest roll, no glitch.
Assensing (http://orokos.com/roll/466778): 13d6t5 1
[/spoiler]
Once back she made sure that her makeup was alright with her small cosmetic kit and then exited the car, she opened Justine's door just like a true gentlewoman and said "Mr. Thyme, this is the place of your next meeting, let's go."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (15:51:12/12-15-16)
Flatline exits the vehicle and goes to the door of the home, he hands the gift Yael as he steps out.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:03:04/12-15-16)
At the warehouse:

Johnny suddenly smiled and dropped the weapon. The remaining bodyguard stepped away from Mike raising his hands too.
"Dreadfully sorry to say so, but I don't have the boat anymore."
"What the hell is that supposed to mean? You received 10% already from me. Are you telling me you sold it to someone else?" Mike sounded furious - quit unlike his usual laid back self.
"Not exactly. I mean, technically I didn't receive any money for it. You see, I was selling these guns to those gangers..."
"Hold up, don't tell me: They liked what you sold them and asked for ammo to go with it. You stupid greedy little shit gave it to them and they promptly held you up and stole the biggest, most expensive looking thing you had laying around.
And now you wanted to recoup your losses by taking my money and feeding us to the fishes."
"No, no, that's not at all... I mean ok, yeah they did rob me with weapons I sold them, but I didn't intend..."
"Save it Johnny or I'll adjust your nick name personally.
Now tell me: Who are those gangers and where can I find them. And give me back my 10%."
"Mike please, don't be hasty. I'll tell you but I don't have the money anymore..."
"I said save it. Names. Now."
"It's just three guys: An elf called Reaper, human named Twitch and Coco an Ork. They hang out at the garage of the old fire brigade. I'm pretty sure they haven't sold it yet."

At Crow's place

A short peak into the astral showed Yael that the house was patrolled by a fierce looking eagle spirit and that at least one part of the house was warded with a pretty strong barrier - likely a lodge.

There is a bell to ring, but it takes three tries and quite some time of waiting before a voice that sounds like broken glas and ten miles of lung tar answers through a hidden speaker: "Who the hell are you and what do you want."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:38:42/12-15-16)
Yael said "man is a mage, got spirits and possibly a lodge. I would tread carefully."  to the others. She then answered the man speaking loudly "Eagle spirits are keen sighted, mr. Crow. I bet you know quite a bit about us by now.  My manager mr. Thyme is was hoping to interest you in some arrangement."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (18:00:27/12-15-16)
The voice replied with a remarkable sarcastic tone: "Oh an arrangement, how nice, now that clears everything up. I'll have Parsley, Sage and Rosemary come out to greet him immediately."

[spoiler]
One Etiquette test, followed by a Negotiation check
Your target is prejudiced (-2) and for Crow you aren't wearing the right attire (-2 to Etiquette only)

Teamwork is permitted and encouraged

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (14:34:40/12-16-16)
"Grandfather, I was hoping to speak with you before the business we have to engage in today, to keep Sovereign Land out of corporate hands and with people who respect the Old Ways." Flatline tries to channel his mother, who could charm a rabid Devil rat, he had seen her do it.

[spoiler]Tribal Ettiquette + Charisma + Edge (http://orokos.com/roll/467195): 9d6h5 1  Well that sucked


[/spoiler]

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:01:38/12-16-16)
Yael adds "and I am just fascinated by animal spirits... "  somehow she figures that professionalism may just get the dogs for them, perhaps curiosity of a fellow mage might break the ice a little bit. "This place seems good, healthier than the city, somehow the land itself is more receptive... does that make any sense? can you feel it too?" She said half to Crow, and half to Flatline.

(Yael rolled two hits on her etiquette roll).
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (01:31:16/12-17-16)
At the warehouse:

Johnny suddenly smiled and dropped the weapon. The remaining bodyguard stepped away from Mike raising his hands too.
"Dreadfully sorry to say so, but I don't have the boat anymore."
"What the hell is that supposed to mean? You received 10% already from me. Are you telling me you sold it to someone else?" Mike sounded furious - quit unlike his usual laid back self.
"Not exactly. I mean, technically I didn't receive any money for it. You see, I was selling these guns to those gangers..."
"Hold up, don't tell me: They liked what you sold them and asked for ammo to go with it. You stupid greedy little shit gave it to them and they promptly held you up and stole the biggest, most expensive looking thing you had laying around.
And now you wanted to recoup your losses by taking my money and feeding us to the fishes."
"No, no, that's not at all... I mean ok, yeah they did rob me with weapons I sold them, but I didn't intend..."
"Save it Johnny or I'll adjust your nick name personally.
Now tell me: Who are those gangers and where can I find them. And give me back my 10%."
"Mike please, don't be hasty. I'll tell you but I don't have the money anymore..."
"I said save it. Names. Now."
"It's just three guys: An elf called Reaper, human named Twitch and Coco an Ork. They hang out at the garage of the old fire brigade. I'm pretty sure they haven't sold it yet."
Slobbertooth pinched the bridge of his nose but holstered his Ruger. He opened his duffel bag to make sure that his Yamaha Raiden was there and was loaded with gel ammunition.

"This is what we get for buying a Break Out Another Thousand I guess. Let's go say hello to today's visitors to Three Finger's all-you-can-see expo"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:19:44/12-18-16)
At the warehouse:

Mike shrugged. With two smooth movements he disassembled the Smartgun and dropped the parts on the ground.
"Johnny, you owe me, you owe me big time. Let's go, before they turn the boat into a hot box or something."

At least the description was correct: The old building had lost nearly all it's windows and rubbish was piled up around it. Parking across the street allowed the two orks to glimpse into the building and there was in fact the shape of a mini sub. In front of the old fire brigade three cars were parked: A flashy sports car with overdimensioned spoilers, a pimped out SUV and a Harley. All had been fitted with weapon mounts, containing SMGs.
From inside the house loud troll thrash metal played.


On the island:
There was a pause before the voice answered with a very suffering and tired tone: "I probably won't get rid of you if I don't see you personally, ain't I?"
The buzzer sounded and the door opened.
The insides were stuffed with tribal artifacts and quite a collection of empty bear cases.

Crow looked older than his age suggested. His formerly black hair looked distinctively grey and puffy features told a story of long and hard alcohol abuse.
"So what is this all about - and spare me any sob stories. Who sent you and why are you coming to me."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (14:24:52/12-18-16)
Slobbertooth's Raiden hung from his shoulder as he did his  did his best to move up to a nearby wall of the warehouse without being spotted. He tried to stay away from the bikes for fear or motion or UV sensors that might alert the inhabitants to their presence. He then closed his eyes and did his best to focused himself to try and discover how many targets were active in the warehouse.

[spoiler]
Sneaking (Sneak+Agility) [9] (http://orokos.com/roll/467894): 10d6t5 4
Motion Sense (Perception+Magic) [5] (http://orokos.com/roll/467896): 12d6t5 3[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (04:23:01/12-19-16)
Yael said "We came to speak about a boat house, the one that sent us is right here. Mr Thyme... I erhm forgot to set up a meeting.  I truly appologize mr. Crow I am new at this."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:13:55/12-19-16)
On the island

"Ah, see now, finally a few true words from your mouths." Crow shook a cigarette from a pack he found behind an antique clay pot and lit it with a cheap Zippo.
"Well, than let me assuage these fears: My niece may have caught white fever and think she can just do whatever the hell she likes with property on council land, but this is still SS country. The circle of the eldest can and will evict anyone they suspect won't honor the land properly. All it takes is a message from me.
So don't worry, no one of you vultures will get the boat houses."

In the Barrens
Slobber's magic sense revealed three moving people inside the old fire station. As far as he could tell they were doing playback to the music pounding through the walls.

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (20:41:00/12-19-16)
Slobbertooth raised 3 fingers to indicate to Mike the number of people that were in the building. They could be diplomatic and talk through their issues with the armed idiots that had shown a willingness to threaten violence to get what they wanted or they could not try and fight a troll or they could try to use the element of surprise and fight a troll.

Slobbertooth wanted to fight a troll.

[spoiler]Before I commit to stupidity.

How many doors are there into the garage? Windows? Is their an upstairs that could be reached with some gymnastics?[/spoiler]

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (21:14:37/12-19-16)
"That is very good to hear, when we got word of this sale I was extremely worried.  My company may be African, but I am from here, my mother's family helped found the Salish Sidhe Nation.  I certainly didn't want any foreign interests getting any more of a foothold here, on Council Island of all places.  After doing my due diligence and discovering such a respected member of the tribe already involved in the sale I came here to support you in your efforts.  Once this foolishness is settled then perhaps for might be amenable to allowing some of my clients the opportunity to experience our culture in a respectful fashion, either with this property or some other.  The people who come to Meteor are looking for this, and pay VERY handsomely for the opportunity."

Flatline is very deferential to Crow, as befitting an Elder. 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (12:15:41/12-20-16)
bnc was just about sending a message to her team, when she paused. The message read: <@all<how bout we offer him not to nail his hairy balls to the wall if he shuts his
Now she frowns that typical frown of her that almost everyone in the team has witnessed already. It can express many things. This time it expresses that she had clearly underestimated Flatline.
Jeez, Dr. Family Constellations can be one charming wanker.

She relaxes a bit, and chooses to do something to keep herself busy:
<Slobbertooth <hows it going. u need any help?>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:52:44/12-20-16)
Yael waits for Flatline to finish and stands respectfully to his side, she nods as he speaks and does as he speaks, when he finishes he said "Well, mr. Thyme I do not want to intrude, I believe that despite Crow's admirable attempt to keep a property with such high visibility in respectful hands, his niece is not very interested in selling him the boathouse." She pauses and then adds. " I know my job is to only collect the dry and legal facts so forgive me if I speculate too much in here, but if I lift my head above the legal details, there is an elephant in the room.  It is a fixed price auction, Mr. Crow is interested and his niece is clearly aware of it.  I speculate that the two are not in the best of terms and that despite common sense and traditions,  his niece is going to sell that property to the most Anglo looking person in that auction.
This is why I insisted on Anglo buissness style clothes, thank me later when the property is saved.

What I am trying to say is that perhaps it should be the other way around, Mr. Thyme will purchase the property and shortly after transfer it to mr. Crow at the same price plus legal expenses, that way, everybody wins."


She looked at Crow, and respectfully waited for his response.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:22:06/12-22-16)
Now Crow looked definitely interested: "Well, well. Now that is an interesting idea. So you propose we prepare a contract, so you rent the property and give me a veto right on anyone you want to sublease. No need to transfer it - my niece would only have grounds to appeal the transaction.
That would spare us a lot of trouble with my niece and her damned lawyer husband.

Alright. If we do it like that, I won't move against Meteor and will allow you to give your bid unmolested. Let me just call my council paralegal and he can hammer out a contract."


In the Barrens:
The building was old, but still showed remnants of its former purpose: A half rotten fire escape hung just barely out of reach above Slobbertooth. It looked solid enough to bear his weight and would allow him to enter from the second floor, gaining access to the gallery above the engine hall and therefore getting the high ground.
The alternative would be to shimmy up to the narrow window above him to squeeze into the hall on the ground floor.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (13:46:00/12-22-16)
Slobbertooth made his best attempt to jump up to and pull himself up onto the fire escape.

[spoiler]Gymnastics (http://orokos.com/roll/469149): 14d6t5 4[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:02:29/12-22-16)
It didn't take much to pull the old ladder down and for Slobbertooth to quickly climb up into the building.
<<I'll wait right next to the door. Send me a message if you need me or want a distraction from outside.>> Mike quickly sent to the younger ork.

Inside the building, the music was louder, much louder. Slobber could have riverdanced to his vantage point and it wouldn't have mattered.
Down below him the ruined husk of a fire engine had been turned into an improvised stage where the three gangers where - as Slobber now realized - an AR game with virtual instruments. On the opposite side of the hall the stolen sub on its trailer sat.

All three gangers carried weapons on slings strapped across their shoulders. The human carried what looked like a drum fed, fully automatic shotgun. The elf had a weird, blocky looking rifle with a large magazine and disproportionate looking barrel end. The ork, finally, carried what definitely looked like a drum fed grenade launcher.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:23:52/12-23-16)
Yael looks at Flatline with anticipation, behaving like an employee that step over the line and took a risk. Hoping that Mr. Thyme will appreciate that kind of behavior.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (09:26:37/12-24-16)
bnc is beginning to question her abilities of judgement. She was just about to unleash a digital storm of rage upon on Anna (<@Anna<goddamn why dont you tell him that we dont only observe him with a decker but r indeed a professional team of shad), when to her astonishment, Crow accepts her offer.
What the bulldrek's going on here? Oh, darn, this is precisely why I don't do that face thingy stuff. I can't believe he just swallowed that!
Instead, she deletes the messages, and writes: <@Anna<congrats>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (09:00:42/12-25-16)
Slobbertooth slid up into a good spot, and set up his Yamaha on a tripod.

"Kick over their bikes in the front. That should get their attention. After I drop the one with a grenade launcher, come on in."

Slobbertooth started aiming at the orc.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:32:11/12-26-16)
<<Roger>>
Seconds later the piercing sound of a car security system sounded above the din of the music. Immediately the elf got up and walked towards the door, gripping his shiny weapon.

[spoiler]
You have your surprise action - no defense on the ganger's part. They all wear Armor 9, Human and Elf have Bod 3, Ork has Bod 6


[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (18:13:08/12-26-16)
Slobbertooth squeezed the trigger and fired a full burst from his Raiden resting a tripod towards the Orc armed with a grenade launcher.

He Orc was sent barreling over by a barrage of hardened gel, unconscious before he hit the ground.

"Grenade launcher down. One is looking your way"

[spoiler=]Not expecting much, but do remember that I'm firing a suppressed weapon now under the cover of loud music and car security systems. No idea how those mechanics work.

Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/470101): 4d6+13 31
Slobbertooth Full Auto Burst (Automatics 8(+2)+Agility 6+Smartlink 1+Aim 1) [9] (http://orokos.com/roll/470096): 18d6t5 6 = DV 17S AP -1

Target: Orc with Grenade Launcher.
Defense: N/A-9
Soak (Armor 9+Body 6 -1 AP) (http://orokos.com/roll/470099): 14d6t5 4

Orc takes 13 stun, and I assume he is KOd

[/spoiler]

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:24:02/12-28-16)
The Orc went down, covered in black goo from the assault rifle burst. The elf had just opened the door as he noticed his friend going down. Je was just about to say something when Mike's meaty fist reached through the gap and without ceremony grabbed the elf's head and slammed it against the door frame.

The human ganger turned around in a circle, not knowing how to react to the sudden assault, giving Slobber amply time to refocus his aim

[spoiler]
Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/470419): 9+2d6 15

Slobber wins Ini.

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (12:56:33/12-28-16)
As the verbal exchange went down, Krestov kept himself icy, standing tall and imposing in the background, seemingly not paying much attention to the conversation at hand.  All the while though, he could feel the hairs on the back of his neck rising as things got heated.  He was about to interject, intervene to influence the conversation, when things surprisingly (to him at least) turned for the better with Flatline's insightful interjection, followed by Anna's wit to create a deal.

To him, it worked.  Not only did it secure the removal of another competitor for the property, but it doubly served as the means to handle removing the party from their ties after they were done with it.  Inspired...well done He thought, mentally grinning as the exchange continued.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (13:52:07/12-28-16)
Slobbertooth leaned into the rifle to swivel it towards the confused human ganger and took a split second to aim before unleashing a second torrent of gel.

[spoiler]Simple Action: Aim
Simple Action: 6 Round burst Automatics 8(+2) Agility 6 Smartlink +1 Aim +1 (http://orokos.com/roll/470474): 16d6t5 4 hits.

DV 11+Net Hits S -1AP. Target has -5 to defense.

New Initiative: 21[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:35:53/12-28-16)
[spoiler]
Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/470483): 4d6t5 0
Soak (http://orokos.com/roll/470484): 14d6t5 3
Goes unconscious

[/spoiler]

The confused look was replaced by a scared look and after that by a load of gel gunk to the face.
And with that the small gang was done for. Mike carefully stuck his head inside, nodded and gave Slobber the thumbs up. With a quick pull he ripped the power cord from the wall socket and the music died.
"Seems like those boys just wanted to party. The boat looks like it isn't damaged. I'll go and get the car to hitch the trailer."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (20:36:30/12-28-16)
Now Crow looked definitely interested: "Well, well. Now that is an interesting idea. So you propose we prepare a contract, so you rent the property and give me a veto right on anyone you want to sublease. No need to transfer it - my niece would only have grounds to appeal the transaction.
That would spare us a lot of trouble with my niece and her damned lawyer husband.

Alright. If we do it like that, I won't move against Meteor and will allow you to give your bid unmolested. Let me just call my council paralegal and he can hammer out a contract."


"Excellent, then all that is left is the gift." Flatline reveals the bottle, "I hope you will indulge me grandfather, we only flew in last night, and our body clocks are still on African time.  'Good business should be sealed with good whiskey' is the saying in my family." He offers the bottle to Crow.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:00:02/12-31-16)
Yael smiled at the two men and shortly after texted a smiling emoticon, to bnc.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:10:26/12-31-16)
Crow shrugged: "A tiny sip can't hurt. I'll just call up the paralegal for the contract."
Crow took out his commlink and put on a decidedly old fashioned AR-glove as well as pretty outdated data glasses.
It took him almost a quarter of an hour, fumbling through his link and typing in the air. Finally, when the team were already beginning to wonder if the man had ever used those functions before, Flatline received a file called "Contract".
"It's just a preliminary thing, but it should be good enough for now. Now where have I put those whiskey glasses."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (12:30:15/12-31-16)
[spoiler]
Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/470483): 4d6t5 0
Soak (http://orokos.com/roll/470484): 14d6t5 3
Goes unconscious

[/spoiler]

The confused look was replaced by a scared look and after that by a load of gel gunk to the face.
And with that the small gang was done for. Mike carefully stuck his head inside, nodded and gave Slobber the thumbs up. With a quick pull he ripped the power cord from the wall socket and the music died.
"Seems like those boys just wanted to party. The boat looks like it isn't damaged. I'll go and get the car to hitch the trailer."

"Yeah well, I don't feel like joining a party with a whacked ganger toting a grenade launcher." Slobber left his perch and started shuffling the weapons away from their owners in case they woke up, and then started helping Mike hitch up the sub.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (15:03:22/12-31-16)
Flatline moved the contract along to bnc for any appropriate matrix shenanigans that may be necessary, "I have a girl in the car who handles that kind of thing.  When he get the glasses Flatline will pour a double for each of them, giving himself a bit more, "Since I am leaving you this fine bottle I hope you won't begrudge me an extra sip." then he passes the bottle and glass to Crow and raises a toast.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:43:04/01-01-17)
Crow returned the toast and said: "Don't mention it." After downing the drink he said: "Good stuff. But now you better leave, or you won't get your boat house either way."


In the Barrens:

Mike nodded: "Might be better if we take their toys away. I don't particularly like Johnny Threefingers, but he just has so much talent to get his grubby little fingers on advanced hardware that I'd hate to lose him as a contact. And I'm pretty sure that those guys are at least clever enough to know who gave away their address."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (23:00:42/01-01-17)
Justin ill thank his host and escort his assistant out.  Back in the car, he dropped the act for a second, "Not quite what we planned, but a good result nonetheless.  Looking to their hacker, "Are you into the properties environmental controls yet?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (05:43:46/01-02-17)
While they're still in - in fact, while Crow is still working at it - bnc already investigates the contract thouroughly; both from the matrix side (although she doesn't assume that this creep would be able to cause any serious havoc) and from the legal side (although she is no expert on that matter at all). She's finished examining the whole thing before Crow is.

[spoiler]Anything interesting? I guess I can buy any hits I need for anything. I can even buy two hits on any knowledge skill related to Logic without having it ^^[/spoiler]

bnc answers Flatline in a dry tone. "Yah, I totally ripped the whole system apart. I can open and close the garage gate all day long. Up and down again. 'part from this, there's no environmental control whatsoever.
Or do you mean the Mastersons' location?"

[spoiler]How is the matrix environment there?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:55:11/01-02-17)
[spoiler]
You are on the Salish Sidhe Net here. No noise to speak of. The contract went to and came back from an SS government host - most likely to some sort of Agent or semi-intelligent Knowbot that can churn out a standard legalleze contract in seconds.

As far as bnc can see there is exactly what was just agreed upon in the contract:
SS won't veto Meteor. In turn Meteor agrees to submit any sub renters for review to the local government for approval. Also Meteor has to contact SS-Council first if they want to give back the lease or move it on.

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (12:15:06/01-02-17)
Crow returned the toast and said: "Don't mention it." After downing the drink he said: "Good stuff. But now you better leave, or you won't get your boat house either way."


In the Barrens:

Mike nodded: "Might be better if we take their toys away. I don't particularly like Johnny Threefingers, but he just has so much talent to get his grubby little fingers on advanced hardware that I'd hate to lose him as a contact. And I'm pretty sure that those guys are at least clever enough to know who gave away their address."
Not a fan of taking the things they actually bought so that we can repay the guy who shot me in the chest, however ineffectually. I'll defer to your experience here, though.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:49:59/01-02-17)
"Eh, those guys took more than they paid for. Only fair that they'd lose them for the abuse. But if you feel better, we can just remove one essential piece from the weapons each and leave them with non-functional gear."
With practiced ease, Mike took apart the grenade thrower and removed a chip.
"That should be enough to stop immediate retaliation.
Alright, let's head back and set this up."



Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (13:12:28/01-04-17)
"Souns fair enough to me."

"So is setting up a submarine more like legos or playmobil?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:19:08/01-05-17)
Yael walks to the car and take a seat. She says softly, "I'll go check on them - be back shortly". She tighten her seat belt and closes her eyes, allowing her mind to scout the surrounding, and attempt to discover whom of the buyers is there and the general mood of the buyers.

[spoiler]
(I assume there are at least the husband and wife)
Assensing (aura) (http://orokos.com/roll/472457): 2#13d6t5 4 5
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:13:09/01-06-17)
In the barrens:
"Ha, probably more like Knex, combined with spring cleaning. Starting with the cleaning, followed by some more cleaning, followed by an overpressure test to find any potential leaks, followed by calibrating the steering and finally a real underwater test.
After all, no-one wants to breath air in a stinking or sinking coffin."

With the submarine securely loaded and hitched, the two orks made their way back to base without further incident.

On the island:
Yael found the pair alright as well as a third man. Husband and wife looked healthy without any cyberware beyond a datajack and a sleep regulator. At the moment both were relatively calm, although there was a certain impatience visible upon their aura.

In the matrix was nothing out of the ordinary: All three had visible commlinks to which the usual consumer electronics were slaved that every person usually carries with them.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (08:05:05/01-06-17)
Yael got back to her body, she was only gone for a short while - the mind travels at its own speed. Or any other metaphor one wants to call astral travel. She opened her eyes and said: "We should get right there, they are already growing impatient, perhaps it is anticipation. There is a third person there, possibly another buyer. I wonder who he is."
Then she reached to her beg and took out a small canteen and sipped it quickly - astral travel always made her a bit thirsty.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (10:53:50/01-09-17)
"Surprise. It's Ching Chung Choong. Everything is how it's supposed to be. Now get your beautiful butts in there before I grow impatient."
She says it with a light tone, half-smiling, more a friendly urge than an accusation. Before they can get off, she switches to telecommunication.
"I'll back you from here. I won't intervene unless either absolutely necessary or told to. You're the boss, Mr. Thyme. Or do you want me to join you? I'm not entirely sure of what help I can be inside. Most things I can do, I can do easier while I'm here."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:13:46/01-09-17)
"I imagine that your butt is not that bad as well... if you ever stood up that is." Yael replied to bnc with a wink.  She gently pointed at an imaginary hand watch, signalling her boss that their time was running out.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (18:58:57/01-11-17)
"Just do your best to mess with our Chinese friend whenever you can.  Flicker lights when he is alone in a room, send drafts up his leg or down his back, screw with him, but only when he is alone or with one of us, we want to freak him out and piss him off."  He escorted his assistant into the house saying "Hey, remember, I am ALWAYS Justin Thyme!"  with a grin.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:17:50/01-12-17)
Entering the boat house, the little formation was greeted with an icy stare from a Chinese man in a tailored Armanté suit and the somewhat fake smile of Mr. Mrs. Masterson
"Ah, you managed to get here, good. It seems this is it then. Our other interested parties had to cancel or were unavoidably detained today."

The Chinese man who could be no one else than Lee Wong interjected smoothly: "Certainly, but now that we are all here I'd love to move onward with this venture. You are asking a steep price that I am willing to pay. The lake view is as fine as you promised and the whole place has a very wholesome atmosphere. I am willing to take all six at the given conditions."

"We are certainly considering your offer, but the ladies and gentlemen from Meteor Enterprises haven't had a chance yet to look around and give their offer."
Mr. Masterson answered. He turned around and indicated at the interior of the building:
"As you see the boathouse is a sturdy wooden construction made with an ultra low carbon footprint and yet of top quality that includes heat and sound insulation. There is room for a 20 m vessel and around 25m² of floor space each. The doors are matrix operated but can be made extra secure with only manual access. The outside pier is screened from the other properties as well as the drive ways, guaranteeing privacy.

As you heard Mr. Wong is interested in leasing all six houses and I'm fairly inclined to grant him his wish - unless of course you have a better solution?"
The last part was said with a bit of a sharkish grin that reminded the team that they were dealing with a lawyer who knew exactly what his property was worth.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (01:08:36/01-13-17)
"Drafts? When he is alone during a negotiation? Uhm, I guess...
Ah, right. A wizard is never late. Nor is he early.

All right, last check. I got all your important stuff slaved to my Fairlight. I got MARKs on your commlinks. Visual feed is on. Voice group is active, both external and subvocal on your side. Smile is active, on Anna's side. Ready."
[spoiler]If Anna's Improve Charisma spell is not yet active, bnc will remind her.[/spoiler]
When there's no further response, bnc lies down in the backseat, closes her eyes and dives into full VR.S
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:19:29/01-13-17)
Prior to leaving the car, Yael activated her improve charisma spell on herself. To be honest, she preferred to share it, but she was unskilled in negotiations and did not want to screw things up. It only took a minute and she could feel the addictive feeling of elevated self confidence, sinking in.
[spoiler]
drain (http://orokos.com/roll/474860): 10d6t5 4
improve charisma (http://orokos.com/roll/474859): 15d6t5 4
F5 - no drain.
[/spoiler]

When bnc reminds her about the spell, she just blow's a kiss back and smile. She watches bnc's less than hostile reaction and conclude "Yes... spell is working alright".

Once inside, she follows mr. Masterson closely, and listens carefully to what he has to say, writing it down in her link. When the tour is over she said "You have such a lovely property mr. Masterson, I almost sad that you are leasing it up."

When he is done Yael said confidently "Indeed, this is a wonderful location and the city view is marvelous. It is worth every penny, such locations are indeed priceless. The only drawback is that darn council and their ancestral preservation act. Don't they understand that their own population is often too poor to purchase such an asset? That being open to global buissness is good for them? I honestly find it difficult to relate to these things I encountered recently when dealing with this property.

You see,  SSC are reluctant to allow foreigners to own property in a place with such a high visibility. There are all sort of legal processes that can prevent such a deal from ever getting off the ground. Perhaps this is the reason that so few buyers appeared in here. I am sure that mr. Lee is well aware of these limitations, and I know better than to question a businessman, but let me convince you mr. Masterson that we are serious buyers.

My employer, Mr. Thyme is a foreigner and while he may be a stranger to this land, his genetic heritage directly links him to the SSC. In fact, we are currently working on making Mr. Thyme a legal SSC citizen.
What I am trying to say, mr. Masterson is that we can own property in the island. We came prepared and did extensive work to be able to meet your price. We took care of all legal complications and are fully capable of making the deal.
 If you deal with us, the legal side of this deal is going to be short and painless. "
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:48:23/01-13-17)
Tom Masterson grimaced at the mention of the legal problems but nodded his head: "I see you did your homework. Yes, my wife's uncle has made noise about that, but to be honest he is pretty alone with this sentiment in the council. Yet, you do have a point."

Wong made an impatient gesture: "I'm prepared to go to court for this. We can't have xenophobic old man dictate our lives."

[spoiler]
Just a little negotiation test and you are home dry. (You can again use Teamwork)

Masterson Negotiation (http://orokos.com/roll/474866): 12d6t5 1

Wong Negotiation (http://orokos.com/roll/474867): 14d6t5 3

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (04:43:02/01-13-17)
Yael preserve her smile and and says to Masterson "Taking this to court is going to reduce your property value. Mr. Masterson.  It will deter future buyers from dealing with you and force you to compromise on the price. I do not need to tell you that courts last for long time, and Xenophobic people can be hurtful and distasteful. This is going to be an ugly, expensive and embarrassing trail.

Why go into all that trouble when  we have already cleared the political mine field for you? You can have a clean and fast transaction that maximizes the value of your property and protects your assets.  I feel that it is only logical that we start negotiating the fine details of our arrangement."

[spoiler]
I am not sure if any of us knows how to negotiate, but Yael has augmented 9 charisma so I think that she is the one doing the job.  She will post edge her negotiation roll as she is unskilled in negotiation (but perhaps should learn the art). (no cooperation there - because she is unskilled in negotiations.) --- Do we have a better option then her for it?

She has 9 charisma, so 8 dice.

Negotiation (http://orokos.com/roll/474874): 8d6t5 3
Negotiation(edge reroll) (http://orokos.com/roll/474875): 5d6t5 3

6 successes overall, looks like we pretty much nailed it... perhaps we even get a discount? (Schmidt will be happy...)
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:17:33/01-13-17)
Masterson nodded: "Well, seeing as you only want to rent one of the boat houses and you have cleared the bureaucratic hurdles beforehand I think we can finalize your contract directly.
Mr. Lee, I hope five boat houses will be enough for you.  I value your resolve, but I can't ignore the fact that the council could delay your taking possession of the property and therefore delaying revenue for us. If anything it will make the process smoother for everyone concerned."

And with that the team had their new base of operations on the island. What followed was a bit of grumbling from Lee that was pointedly ignored by the Mastersons , signing the lease, a finance check and finally the transfer of the transponder keys for the property.

When the team returned, they found Mike and Slobbertooth letting the sub to water for the first time.

"About time you got back. Schmitt will be back at noon and brings lunch to explain the next steps in the operation. First step is done, congratulations.


[spoiler]
The first part of the game is done now, everyone receives 10 Karma that you can spend as you see fit with no concern for training times

But before we continue, I'd like to make a roll call to see who actually is still active in this game.

I'll post the next part on Monday. Feel free to do some IP until then.


[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (12:04:12/01-13-17)
Krestov kept up his job as security, his focus drawn towards the safety of his team.  His presence was meant to be noticeable but in the back, an affirmation that the company they were posing as was not about to fall victim to any forceful interchanges...

..even if such a forceful interchange never were to happen, thanks to the teams' careful negotiations.  While feeling a bit superfluous, Krestov couldn't help but silently smile on the way home, knowing that his action was normally only a response to a more...lethal situation.

As they got back, he nodded at Mike and Slobbertooth, undoing his tie and hanging his coat by the door.  "First step done, thanks to prepared team.  No danger in exchange, am happy.  Everyone did good job."  Moving to the kitchen, he grabbed a glass of water for himself, eyes glancing over his team, still phasing out of his protective mode.

[spoiler]Here.  Transition back to school done.  Plus, anytime I could have influenced the sitch the opportunity was gone ^^; sorry.

Thanks for karma[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (19:49:12/01-13-17)
"That was incredible Anna, it was like the rest of us barely needed to be there." Flatline really was pleased, his preparation really was unnecessary,  which was good, because his stomach hit the floor in the face of the actual con.  He really felt out of his element and was glad that the other mage had it handled.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (19:51:00/01-13-17)
Slobbertooth briskly but inneffectually helped sweep and dust the submarine as he and Mike attempted to make it presentable
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:53:50/01-15-17)
Yael smiled "Perhaps I needed to break something expensive to keep you guys occupied." She buckled up in the car and said "Well it is a start anyway."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (06:17:12/01-15-17)
bnc starts in a bright voice: "Jeez, yah, you really were...
Carajo. The spell's working on you, too! Don't let that witch bitch numb you. The moment you rely on your instincts rather than your wits, is the moment you can resign.
"quite good. Well done. Let's go back. If you look for me, I'm online. I told you I'm of no use here."

With that, her body goes limp, before people can really react.

Back in the base, she joins her old comrade, Slobbertooth. "Nice deal, sempai. I really start wondering why Schmitt goes off on boats that much. I'll go get myself a drink before w'all meet again. Want some?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:29:32/01-15-17)
As Mike heard that last comment he snorted and replied: "Didn't you know? Our Dr. Schmitt started his career as a marine biologist before he went into medical biology, that and I have a strong suspicion that before that he was a Kampfschwimmer with MET2000. If he wasn't such an under water aficionado he would never have gone down into that underwater base/death trap to begin with."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (12:38:52/01-15-17)
"Makes sense to me. Then why didn't he expect so much as a Freischwimmer from his prime runners for a qualification?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:44:07/01-15-17)
"No idea. If you'd ask me it's because people who can't swim will defend the ship longer."
Mike replied
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:18:22/01-15-17)
The drive to base is eventless and Yael spends it talking with Flatline, they appear to have many things in common. While Yael is not a physician she is keen to health magic. In fact, her short career was more about skills, magic was a way to excel in tasks that Yael already did well without it.   The two shares mentor spirit, at least one of its interpretations,  Yael seeks her inner matriarch for guidance while Flatline sees his mentor as the protector,  still there are similarities. 

After  short and pleasant talk, they arrive at the safe house (again!) and Yael begins to feel that the place is too much like dorms - but without the wild parties. Once there she asks Mike, "Is there anything good to drink? I feel like we earned a few shots of whiskey... being still in one piece and everything." She would not normally drink on the clock, but her particular skills are not in such a high demand at the moment, with kite as a dedicated rigger and bnc with a high quality rig in her head, it is not like anyone is going to ask Yael to drive.

 
 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:16:38/01-15-17)
"If I know the boss, he'll bring a meal and a few bottles of really good wine. If that's not enough I can head out and fetch you adult juice of your choice.
But girl take the word from an old ork who's been around the block: Instead of celebrating being alive you might want to go over what brought you into danger in the first place.
There's two things you always should have in any given situation: Backup nearby and an exit strategy.
Now, I was really biting my nails yesternight with you and that psycho up there. So if I promise to get you the best fragging drink you ever had, would you promise me to be considerate of an old tuskers pump and not provoke any more rich and/or powerful man that may or may not be total psychopaths? Because trust me, on this Island with the rich people and their bodyguards you'll be bound to stumble on quite a few of them."

Mike replied.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:43:16/01-15-17)
Yael smirked "Yes, that part was very exciting!  Honestly, I had no idea he was such a terrible person...  I was ready to just slot him. I was truly surprised how badly he reacted, but well I am a mage and am capable of defending myself.  I had a spirit on call and It was enough muscles for a date night.  I did not need any more muscles, but I needed a brainiac  and I had an incredible decker to get me out. " She sighed "Honestly, I am used to staying alive...I am depressed that  either we succeed and I need to lay low or we fail and I am dead...  None of these scenarios includes much dancing and drinking."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (18:08:15/01-15-17)
"Hopefully we will all live long enough to retire and have the time to drink and dance when we are no longer able to do either."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (00:42:39/01-16-17)
bnc no longer contained herself. " 'very exciting'? It was mucho grando stupid, null-wit! This ain't no game, carajo. You brought yourself into danger unnecessarily, as you did me. It was mere luck we were faster than them. This decker mighta roasted my brains just as easy as that jerk could've raped you, exed then, and raped again. Moreover, you risked the whole operation, thus the lives of your omae and perhaps even the only close-to-honest Johnson we can hope to ever meet. So, shove your complaints somewhere dark and moist; and if I ever hear you about not being able to slot any of our contacts, or enemies, or their pets, or what-frigging-ever you'd allow into your well-tended orifices, I'm gonna personally add one or two of them. Jeez, just listen to an ork who got old in this kind of business and stop thinking with your cunt. Now, next step is Zola Escoban, I suggest. Now that we have access to the island, we should start by gaining data about him. I think it's better to observe him now than later, as it will be less suspicious in case of any flaws: If he notices something strange, but then nothing happens for a good while, he'll eventually calm again. Maybe we can somehow find out where he wears his key."
bnc frowns, and for a good instant, her youth shows. "Or does anyone have a better plan?"

bnc drops on the couch, no longer in the mood for a drink.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (02:31:12/01-16-17)
Slobbertooth almost went back to firing at AR targets when bnc started another spat with the mage, but decided to give his two cents for how the team should proceed. "I'm fine with sitting in the dark and watching a guy for a while. Maybe I'll be able to get some peace and quiet. It would also be wise to get a meatspace look at the physical footprint of the building we're going to enter."

"And can we please save all of our fucking and drinking until after we're rich"

Slobbertooth took off his jacket and headed to his room with Zelda. It was practically noon, way past their bed time.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:03:12/01-16-17)
Chapter 2

"There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!"
- Sneakers

Seattle, November 7th, noon

Right on time the garage door opened and Schmitt arrived in his Rover.
"Good morning, or rather good day. Congratulations to the successful finish of the first part of this operation. I especially like the part where I can dump the boat house quickly into the lap of the Sidhe Council. That frees up quite a bit of budget.
Now, if someone could help me, I took the liberty of bringing lunch for all of you from Feinkost Käfer Deli - and a very fine Bordeaux."

Schmitt indicated towards three large styrofoam boxes and a cask with five bottles on the back seat.

While they prepared the food in the conference room he continued: "As promised, I wasn't idle. With some effort I was able to find Zola's private residence as well as his routine schedule. But more on that after we have eaten."

As before, Schmitt showed a remarkable eye for detail: This time everyone found their respective favorite meal, made from the real ingredients. bnc found also a small bundle of bananas to accompany her müsli.

When they had finished the meal, Schmitt took a last sip of his wine and spoke: "Before I begin, are there any questions, requests or complaints I should be aware off? We are getting now into the really sensitive part of the operation, so anything that could turn out to be a problem should be shared now."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (11:06:17/01-16-17)
bnc took the food gratefully. Feinkost Käfer wasn't exactly something that reminded her of home, as the simplest Käfer stuff still cost roughly four times as much as she could afford - and eight times as much as she wanted to. But still, she couldn't deny that something as simple as an ä gave her kind of a warm feeling, after living more than a year in the UCAS. The bananas made her even happier than the letter. Seeing that Gerhard had chosen each runner's favorite dish, she decided to remember what he himself ate, to maybe pay him back his efforts another day.

When their Johnson asked about problems, she hesitated. Only when he insisted, she decided to open her mouth. Before the words poured out, however, the memory of a schooltime that ended so abruptly when first Dmeyk, then Krestov came into her life, flashed up; and speaking to their Johnson about the issues felt a bit like telling on Anna. So instead, she said: "No, I don't think there's a problem. No one is going to risk the run or their chummers' lives without consulting with their team, or be unfocussed."
She resisted the temptation to cast a look at Anna. Instead, she dug into her banana muesli.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (13:44:41/01-16-17)
bnc took the food gratefully. Feinkost Käfer wasn't exactly something that reminded her of home, as the simplest Käfer stuff still cost roughly four times as much as she could afford - and eight times as much as she wanted to. But still, she couldn't deny that something as simple as an ä gave her kind of a warm feeling, after living more than a year in the UCAS. The bananas made her even happier than the letter. Seeing that Gerhard had chosen each runner's favorite dish, she decided to remember what he himself ate, to maybe pay him back his efforts another day.

When their Johnson asked about problems, she hesitated. Only when he insisted, she decided to open her mouth. Before the words poured out, however, the memory of a schooltime that ended so abruptly when first Dmeyk, then Krestov came into her life, flashed up; and speaking to their Johnson about the issues felt a bit like telling on Anna. So instead, she said: "No, I don't think there's a problem. No one is going to risk the run or their chummers' lives without consulting with their team, or be unfocussed."
She resisted the temptation to cast a look at Anna. Instead, she dug into her banana muesli.

Slobbertooth took a sip of soykaf before answering the Doctor's question. "I'm not too worried right now, but we don't really have the tech or personnel for any complex B&E actions which I figure are going to be necessary. We're going to need to be proactive about getting information so that we  have time to clean up Johnny Threefingers mess and get what we need"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:04:05/01-16-17)
Schmitt nodded to bnc: "Good, I'm glad to hear that.
To Sloober he said: "I see. I think I might be able to find you some drones to help you out with that.

Anyway, the next part of this operation is a bit boring, except for those parts that might turn out terrifying.
As I mentioned yesterday, this whole heist hinges on us being able to find an copy Zola's security override key, from here on out called Zola's SOK. Stealing his SOK without him noticing will be very hard, but the good news is, I was able to track down the man who made it.
It's in fact a small pendant he wears around his neck in the form of a Spanish dublone. Not only does it contain a security RFID chip but the relief of the coin works like a QR-Code. And as if that wasn't enough it's electrical resistance is measured every time it's laid on the scanner. If any part of this SOK doesn't fit, the system will react with a security response to check up on the wielder. Good news: No system is perfect and Zola is the kind of person who hates to be checked by security. From what I heard they are actually giving him a second chance to use his key before they react. That might become crucial for our success.

There is a rumor that Zola semi regularly receives escort ladies from a specialized agency called Belladonna. That might be a way to get someone close enough to him to copy the necessary elements of the SOK. Mike and Kite will be in charge to built the necessary sensor unit.
And while we are at it, we can try and find more information on his two bodyguards.

I'll be out again to collect further information, but you can reach me over my commlink."

Schmitt said and stood up to depose the remnants of his linguine and salmon in lemon sauce. 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (22:47:37/01-16-17)
Flatline barely looked at the food, he was seething inside and when the opportunity came with the Johnson's invite, he took it.

"Yes sir, there is a problem.  We have as our Matrix specialist an unstable freakshow who can't seem to keep her mouth shut.  She seems quite capable in her element, but every time there is a hint that she has an opinion to offer on the other people who are working this mission with her it is a nuclear freaking meltdown.  She has some kind of of issue with with Anna, and seems determined to push her until she catches a fireball for her trouble.  She has also made me a target of her outbursts, this is a person we are supposed to trust covering our backs.  I realize I am new to shadows, but I am capable in my job and I am a team player, all I am asking for is that all of the people in the job get on that page and act like professionals."

He looked straight at the hacker, "I am not trained in mental health, but you need to get some, or get medicated, or both.  I don't know about the others, but this is too big a job for me to have to worry when the next time you are going to pop off is."  When he finished his speech he sat back, looking ready to fight, but not relishing the idea.  He was definitely keeping an eye the bigger guys that he knew had worked with bnc before, in case they were feeling protective.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:01:20/01-17-17)
Schmitt listened, but held a hand up towards bnc to indicate not to react at once.
"I see. I was afraid that this would happen when I combined an existing team with new additions.

Before I say anything more I want you all to know that I'm not interested in assigning blame to anyone. To be a successful shadow runner you need a strong personality and those clash sometimes. You are all here because you have rare and valuable talent.

Now bnc, you are likely familiar with basic mediation techniques. I ask you not to see this as manipulation but as an honest attempt to solve the issues presented here.

Flatline, I have to ask you not to use pejorative language to describe your grievances. Those don't help to overcome differences but create them.

bnc, without going into why - since I'm sure you had your reasons to do what you did - can you understand and relate why Flatline is annoyed and concerned about your behavior, his emotional language notwithstanding?

You are the youngest member of this team and I understand you are under double pressure to both ascertain your status and capabilities within a new group with a new dynamic but also to do your demanding and dangerous job. I know what you are capable off and to what length you went to keep your teammates safe, but the others don't. It is only natural to want to prove ourselves to our peers, but in doing so it's all to easy to go to far and infringe on their competences.
And you should know best of all that there are few things more annoying than being permanently corrected in your own field.

We judge ourselves by our intentions but others by their actions.

Now, without resorting to insulting language, what do each of you wish the other would change about their behavior?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (05:17:31/01-17-17)
Yael quietly ate her Sushi enjoying the raw fish. Real quality fish were a rare delicacy for her.
They were divine and considerably better than fake food. "Just like the real thing" was in
fact nothing like the real thing, but most were too poor to ever know it. 
She eats her fill quietly and sensually enjoying it letting the others do the talking.

She is a bit surprised when Flatline says his piece, she thinks "It seems that nobody in this group
takes me seriously, all they see is a damsel in distress". She places her sticks on the table
and finish chewing, her last byte when finally speaking up. "It is unethical for a doctor to publically
blame people of mental illness. bnc is a proffessional and and I trust her. As for our personal relationship,
it is honestly none of your buissness. I am a shadowrunner - not a damsel in distress. I did not harm a psycopath trying to rape or murder me.
I can gently handle a skinny chick trying to get under my skin. "

To Schmitt she said "Please, your intentions are good but you are still our employer. 
We should work on our social dynamics on our own as you wont be there when our ass is on the line.
And saying a bunch of PC things - will not really solve the problem."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:35:32/01-17-17)
Schmitt shook his head: "As your employer it's my responsibility to recognize and correct problems that might impact the quality of your work.
My aim is to resolve this quickly and effectively with a minimum of drama. I'd rather invest myself now as arbiter than later as damage controller.

And this is not about political correctness but about respect. Or rather the lack thereof, as you just mentioned yourself."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (05:53:21/01-17-17)
[spoiler] Thanks for waiting :) [/spoiler]
When Flatline spoke up, bnc was just about to reply something dreadfully bnc-ish, when Dr. Schmitt indicated her to hold it for a moment. bnc leaned back, carefully listening now. It seemed that he held some kind of authority over her. At least, until he finished speaking.

"Jesus, are you fucking serious? Ya, well, you could put it that way: I am quite familiar with 'basic mediation techniques'. I guess, more than any of you. Go, look for how much it achieved. To answer the question: yeah, I can - quote - understand and relate why Flatline is concerned and uses pejorative language to describe his grievances. And I don't want him to cozy-talk me. This outburst was the first real thing I heard from him. At least now I know what he's thinking. I'm not easily pissed at being called what I am. I'm pissed at being pseudo-psychoanalyzed by people who read a mediation handbook and now believe they can fix problems by voodooing on about why they are under pressure after their baby kitten died and mommy left daddy at an early age. You know, Freud was proved wrong a century ago.
Now, to talk of solutions. If I have to work with oversensitive mimosas instead of professional shadowrunners, I can do you the favor and talk and nice and cosy to you, Dr. Thyme, until you choke on reciprocal-respectful language. I still find it difficult to grasp that you are all ready to break laws, take lives, steal and fake, but get all whiny when someone's not talking nice to you. Where I come from, people say what they think, straightforward. And I think it's good: it's fast. It saves a lot of energy in deciphering cryptic messages. It's efficient.
Now, if you please, gentlemen, it seems our damsel here is indeed the one who actually can handle a skinny chick trying to get under her skin. So please leave our language to ourselves, and tell me whatever special treatment you need to guarantee your emotional health is stable enough to keep that damn run working. I'll adapt and make it easier for you to keep your water."
She leans back in her seat, and adds: "Thanks for the bananas."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:38:40/01-17-17)
Schmitt just sighed: "You are welcome." Ignoring the part about having read one book he continued:
"Since both you ladies assure me that you won't kill each other or Flatline or endanger the mission despite those overt displays of hostility, I'm inclined to leave it at that and move forward.

I'd like to hear some ideas how you want to secure a copy of Zola's SOK"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (15:49:35/01-17-17)
"I never intended to. And apparently I wasn't misunderstood by the one  I was actually talking to.
Speaking of, this seems to be a perfect job for Anna, doesn't it? Do you think you can forge her an identity as a Belladonna hooker? Unless she goes around destroying Zola's property, she'll be a perfect wh- mole.
Meanwhile, I suggest Kite and me make use of our drones and spy on Zola, his bodyguards, the facilities, stuff. To make up for the time Kite loses, I think I can assist them in forging the sensor. As I assume that I'll be the one to do the programming, it wouldn't do bad to involve me in the hardware stuff as well. Y'know, I read a handbook on it."

She searches Schmitt's eye for a hint of a smile on the remark. If she finds it, she'll return it.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:37:25/01-17-17)
Yael looked like she was considering it ... "a hooker? At least I'll get laid... I hope he is into hot stuff though."

After a short time considering it, Yael concluded "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet "
She looked at bnc and said  "I am awakened Sweetie and he is an established mage. No matter how good my acting and disguises are... He only needs a single look to determine that I am more likely to be a shadowrunner than a prostitute. You cannot do it either -  that spiderweb in your head is a dead giveaway for a shadowrunner... "
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:40:59/01-17-17)
At the moment Schmitt didn't seem in the mood for any further banter. Instead he took out his commlink and checked something over the display:
"Ok, but be careful with your drones: Zola does employ capable people who might very well spot spy drones - at least in their vicinity. Keep it low key and stay away from the bank building for now. That one is guaranteed to have a 100m radius where every new icon is controlled.

If it should be necessary, we have the funds to bribe one of the escort ladies sufficiently to break confidence - but you'll have to find out who is Zola's favorite."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (22:04:54/01-17-17)
Slobbertooth feigned displeasure at needing to bribe an escort.

"Bribe the escort? Isn't that was Special K is here for?"

Josiah turned to Krestov with a devilish look in his eyes.

"Or would complete sentences be a bit difficult?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (06:05:03/01-18-17)
bnc shows clear signs of disappointment at Schmitt's reactions, but decides to ignore that at the moment.
To Anna she says: "Darn, you're right. I completely forgot about that. That leaves..."
Her gaze trails over the party. "Krestov. We're gonna have to dress you up."

bnc sighs, then returns into serious mode. "I don't like the idea at all. Bribing a prostitute is a huge security risk. Anything might give her away - and we, that is, I, shouldn't forget a second time that he is able to Assense, and maybe knows spells to check on people, too.
Mr. Schmitt, in which places does Escoban have to verify his identity? To which system is the sensor unit slaved?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:39:43/01-18-17)
"There are sensor arrays on every entrance of the bank, registering anything from active spells, cyberware, metal objects, chemicals and even your weight going in and out. These are complimented by similar arrays in every room.
The transponder in the SOK tells the sensor to not alert security even if cyberware and spells etc. are detected. It also works as a means to unlock the doors by placing it on the fingerprint readers.
So in essence Zola has to have the SOK with him to unlock the door from outside, keep it on him to disarm the sensors and to open any locked doors in his way.
The sensors themselves are slaved to a silent running R9 Security Host - managed by a straw firm belonging to one of Aztechnology's subsidiaries.
He doesn't as such verify his identity, except of course broadcasting his SIN. But the override key doesn't so much verify as it shuts down the security.

If you aren't in favor of bribing - which I can understand - you can always go for a personal angle or just bug the escort to get intel on his house and do a break in while he's asleep in her arms."
Schmitt replied
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (08:15:12/01-18-17)
"What I have in mind: Maybe it's somehow possible to access one of the sensor. I don't know yet how heavily they are secured, but maybe someone can datatap any of the sensors. Then it should be possible to download the values to which it compares the SOK. Is there any sensor that is accessible with the possibilities we have at hand?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:24:28/01-18-17)
"Accessible, certainly. Doing so without being spotted... very, very difficult. I am in the process of procuring the latest building blue prints, but what I learned from the key maker indicates that the layout is pretty solid and specifically designed to make direct connections very difficult to achieve.
One way I could imagine would be during the bacteria feeding. The magic detector is really just a bunch of FAB with a photo receptor. They need to be fed with a nutrient solution. If you'd manage to poison them, you could get someone concealment spells close enough to do some manipulation."
Schmitt replied.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:14:55/01-18-17)
Yael blows a kiss at Krestov and smiles... his English is terrible but she can totally see a guy like that seducing a prostitute.
She adds, "I am sure special K will be alright, but there is also the magic option there, some spirits can influence people to do their bidding, we can try to plant a subliminal suggestion to the spirit to have the prostitute do something for us while thinking it was her own idea... leave a window open perhaps?

Ofcourse - I do not need to explain to you what happens if it backfires? That poor slitch is never going to feel comfortable within the eyesight of a mage.  Nobody likes to have their private thoughts manipulated like that. Poor bitch...
"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (19:16:04/01-18-17)
"Maybe a combination of both plans?

"Use the magic to aid Krestov in seducing the escort, at least guaranteeing that Krestov has some kind of rear guard in case things get hairy."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (21:10:41/01-18-17)
Flatline had said his piece, and while he needed to clear some things up with Anna, it looked like he wasn't about to be beaten to pulp or tossed out anytime soon.  With the planning in full swing for the next step, it looked like he was going to be playing back-up again, something he was certainly fine with, but that didn't mean he didn't an idea or two.

"Well, if we aren't sure a carrot will work, why don't we try a stick?  We could find some weakness of the escorts' to exploit.  Then we can use that to leverage them into helping us out.  Threats of exposure of some dirty laundry, find someone close and use them to lean on the target, we have a lot more options going that way and minimal risk."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (23:25:27/01-18-17)
Yael answered Slob "I can do that... It is my favorite spell. Considerably less intrusive and risky. "  to Flatline she said "Levetage also helps, if we can find it in time."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (00:29:12/01-19-17)
"Just to make sure I got that right. You all are absolutely fine with it to bet our lives, our run, everything on the acting skills and good will - though maybe a bit reinforced - on a whore whose neither a professional shadowrunner nor a lifetime acquaintance of anyone who can at least vouche for her. This is madness! Come on, dudes, you know how this is going to look. We find that hooker, give her a carrot, a stick, a whole goddamn appletree if you want. She'll accept, do the job. Once she's in there, either Zola himself or one of the security mages is gonna Assense her and find a whole lot of nervosity; maybe not enough to be absolutely unfitting for a whore visiting an important CEO, but definitely enough to raise suspicions. She'll be questioned - with or without magic - she'll crack. She'll blow the whistle on us. We'll be done for.
Come on, that can't be our plan. There's just no fucking way that a random slitch will get close to him. This sounds like a bad trid flick, but you make it sound as if you'd actually be ready to do that. I'm not even talking about that you mo-, guys actually suggested seducing a professional hooker. This is something too cheap even for flicks."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:42:16/01-19-17)
Yael smirks "Well honestly I just want to see special K working his magic... 
You raise valid points bnc, but do you have a productive suggestion? Astral sensing is an actual problem for us. Betting all our odds on the CEO being too horny to open his magic eyes, and that none of his security is going to do that to gain some insights of the intentions of the visitor is also... risky."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:11:00/01-19-17)
Mike chimed in: "I did tell you about my contact the talismonger, didn't I? Anyway he sells a preparation that disguises your aura or some such. Maybe one of you mage types could learn that spell - or I could nip over and buy the preparation for one of you.
And another tip: Take your plan in small steps as long as you don't have all the info yet. Guy like Zola, can't imagine him to engender great loyalty with the ladies.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (20:09:57/01-19-17)
Slobbertooth nodded at Mike's suggestion. His joke had well run it's course by now.

"Sounds good. Besides I don't think we have even confirmed whether Zola is into a ladies of the evening at all."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Crossbow on (21:10:33/01-19-17)
"I certainly don't mind learning a new spell, especially one as interesting as this sounds." Being able to meaningfully contribute was also important.  "I don't see the danger in even a failed attempt to make use of the escorts, it is not like we need to completely enlighten her to our plans, we don't even need to make face-to-face contact.  What we do need to do is collect some intel and get the lay of the land, so to speak."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:14:42/01-21-17)
Yael looked at Flatline with admiration, "You can actually do that in time? This is quite impressive. So our current plan is to get me laid? while my aura is altered by the spell? I need to study the details, and we will make an experiments to see if that spell can actually fool me. "  She said grinning

[spoiler]
What about the spell itself? can assensing reveals that Yael is under the influence of a spell (e.g, if there are wards and things I guess it should prevent her from passing.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (15:18:17/01-22-17)
"Jesus, mercy..."
She facepalms, then smiles. "Si, we'll get you laid at last. This all is going to be so much more relaxed after you had your fill. Please don't hold back, while you're at it. Maybe it'll relieve us for at least a short while...
Seems like we got a plan. Flatline is going to learn the spell. Kite, Mike and I will craft the sensor. Meanwhile, Kite and I will fly some drones, too. Then Anna will dress up as a hooker, intrude, and scan Zola's sock.
Sounds fair enough for me."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:30:04/01-22-17)
Anna grins "Well, I like stealing things... will enjoy it as much as the sex - just make sure that he is into female hookers yes? and m... do something about the FAB scanners... and we need to make sure that I do not need to cross any wards - as being stuck outside of the house unable to enter will make things difficult."   She then say to bnc "Oh and don't worry... I am a professional... I'll let you watch."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:20:33/01-22-17)
"That sounds like a plan", confirmed Schmitt. "Mike, please see to it that Flatline receives a copy of the spell formula and if possible tutoring soft to speed him along.

As I have no doubt that you, bnc, will want to also take a closer look in the matrix at the escort service, I took the liberty of buying a premium membership account for you, so you don't have to hack the host to enter. Just don't get caught doing something illegal. It's not the highest level fake SIN attached, but all in all the connected identity might come in handy at a later point in time.

For the meat based surveillance: The escort service "Indigo Spheres" resides on level 14 in the Viscount High Rise, Downtown. Secure Zone Type A. Your identities as Meteor's security detail should allow you to bring small handheld weapons with you, just make sure to wear your suits."


Schmitt stood up and nodded towards the team: "I'll be off again to secure a few more pieces of the puzzle. You can get in touch with me through commlink if anything important pops up. Until then... god speed."

True to his word, Schmitt had transferred another ID packet to bnc that contained a paid account to Indigo Spheres which allowed her to request placing a MARK on the R5 Host of Indigo Spheres (A6S5D7F8).

Slobbertooth and Krestov received a visitor pass for the Viscount High Rise, including access to the Spa across from Indigo Spheres' offices.

A few hours later, Mike returned with a Illusion spell formula and a subscription to an online forum for mage's tutoring.

[spoiler]
To learn a spell you need to use your lodge and make a Spellcasting+Intuition test [Lodge Rating]. You need 12/hits days to learn the spell
The online-tutor provides you with 5 bonus dice to this test. Tutoring (http://orokos.com/roll/477913): 12d6t5 5

The Indigo Sphere's host appears as their name sakes in the matrix. Once inside it looks like a large cafe/bar where you can look at the employees (ladies and gents) for rent and their profiles. There are watchful doves (Patrol ICE) overhead, making sure no one strays into rooms not open for the public - for example the customer database.
[/spoiler] 


Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (17:11:41/01-22-17)
For the meat based surveillance: The escort service "Indigo Spheres" resides on level 14 in the Viscount High Rise, Downtown. Secure Zone Type A. Your identities as Meteor's security detail should allow you to bring small handheld weapons with you, just make sure to wear your suits."
"I need to buy a suit."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (10:19:45/01-23-17)
"Mr. Schmitt", bnc starts, stressing the last name to indicate that the professional form of adress is more suitable right now than calling him by his first name, "already indicated that he makes regular use of escort services.
Excuse me, one last question before you go: Are Indigo Spheres and Belladonna closely related to each other? You made it sound like they were indeed the same enterprise."
It seems almost as if bnc is making a show of political correct speech, although no smirk, unfit tone or facial expression shows any sign of her almost usual sarcasm.

Quote from: Anna
"Oh and don't worry... I am a professional... I'll let you watch."
"Oh, I doubt doubt that you are a Professionelle, but I trust this will not be necessary. Surely, you'll let me know if I can be of any assistance regarding your designated task.

Dr. Schmitt, please don't forget to send us as many technical details regarding the three components of Zola's SOC as you have obtained. The better we know what the scanner is exactly about to measure, the better we can craft it. Ah, and I suggest we use a codename hence. Once we are within reach of enemy sensors, we should be used not to call Zola by his name. I suggest Lavadora, as we're trying to get a sock.
And, uhm, thanks for the premium membership for an escort service. If Anna's real nice, I might lend it to her for an hour or so..."


When everything is said, bnc retreats with Mike and Kite to discuss their respective roles in creating the multisensor.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:40:52/01-23-17)
"Ah yes, sorry that was unnecessary confusing on my part: Belladonna is part of Indigo Spheres. The latter is the official side, dealing with matrix presence, avoiding taxes and providing security. Belladonna is the Seattle based circle of escort ladies and gents - the meat of the operation, so to speak." Schmitt replied.
"Alright, Lavadora it is hence forward. Fits excellently for that piece of shit.
Technical specs are in the house system for your perusal.
Until then."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:53:04/01-25-17)
"Oh, I doubt doubt that you are a Professionelle, but I trust this will not be necessary. Surely, you'll let me know if I can be of any assistance regarding your designated task.


"Well... it is time you help me get laid. Seriously, though we completely missed that Whitman is a violent asshole. Try to verify that that bozo behaves reasonably with the ladies. I cannot do another Whitman... "

She said and shortly after wandered aimlessly in the house, looking at the lake and being distracted.

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (20:38:29/01-26-17)
Slobertooth simply rolled his eyes at the entire conversation. We live in a world with VR porn and people still can't control themselves

"Krestov and I will see if there are any nearby sex-shops when we go check out the place. Maybe we'll be able to find something that will ease tension before she has to pretend to be engaged while pulling off a con. Now if you don't mind I'm going to go get fitted for a cheap suit."

"How and or where do people do that?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (00:47:18/01-27-17)
Yael rolls her eyes, thinking... "What makes them think that I did not bring plenty of pleasure toys with me... Schmitt said we were going to be here for a while... what if I got bored...?!"  She decides not to respond, if the two runners think that they can find her the perfect dildo then who is she to prove them wrong, it is going to be quite hilarious. Student life were just so recently - yet seemed so alien... "I'll be a prostitute, but unlike the rest of them... I really am a student..." she grinned without an external explanation.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:34:19/01-27-17)
Mike nodded to Slobber: "As I said yesterday: Get over here, disrobe to your underwear and let the scanner get your measurements. Takes only a day or two to get you a nice armored suit."

[spoiler]
To quote myself from earlier:

"In effect you'll have to decide either to wear a custom tailored normal suit that looks like anything you want, or you can chose one of the armored ones from R&G up to 3000 Nuyen."
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (08:53:04/01-27-17)
"Right."

Slobbertooth uncermoniously stripped down to a wifebeater tank-top and his boxers has he moved into the machine. After the measurements were done he looked through the catalogue before putting his clothes back on.

"A Berwick suit will do fine."

He picked his clothes up and headed to his room to take the usual morning nap.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (06:54:58/01-28-17)
Shortly after bnc walked off, an idea sprung to her mind. As she's already comfortably seated in her chair in her room, she uses the text channel to address Anna. To keep the rest of the team informed, however, she writes in the group channel:
<@all <Anna. Things might be way easier if you could be registered in Indigo Spheres' system. Do you think you could apply for a job? If you were registered as an employee, I could just overwrite the file in which Lavadora's demand is being processed.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:31:14/01-30-17)
A quick search showed that Indigo Spheres/Belladonna was indeed permanently on the look out for new hires.
The requirements were steep: At least an R4 SIN check, a drug and health test were the base requirements. On paper the ladies and gents were self employed, only using the agency to get in contact with their clients.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (21:53:10/01-31-17)
[spoiler]Assuming no one has pressing  business that is so time sensitive and we could totally ruin by doing so, I'm going to move forward to meatspace scouting[/spoiler]

Slobbertooth put on the Berwick suit for the first time. It was tailored perfectly, hanging lightly on his shoulders and with sleeve and pants leg lengths just long enough to aid him in hiding equipment. It was a wonderful sensation. Slobber quickly stuffed his ruger into a concealed holster, and tied his hair into a neat ponytail for the first time in months. If not for the scars he would look presentable and almost gentlemanly.

I hate this.

He came out of his room and yelled down the hall to Krestov. "Alright Special K, time to go pretend that we're interested in women who are may or may not be ribbed for your pleasure"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:17:28/02-01-17)
Getting the show on the road, Slobber and Krestov soon found themselves in the downtown high rise, right across the small, but artfully designed Indigo Spheres Agency. Security had accepted their credentials although Slobber thought he heard one of the guards snigger when they told them which floor they wanted to go. 

To their surprise and delight floor 14 also contained a small coffee bar - selling both soycaf as well as real coffee products (although you probably needed to make first take a trip one level higher to get a small loan from the venture capital bank residing there)

The first thing they noticed was that Indigo Spheres had only moderate security measures: Only one fixed camera sensor and a maglock with a low level number pad was all they showed. It stood to reason that they relied on the overall security that the building and its neighborhood provided.

Around noon two pretty girls whose outfit screamed secretary and/or personal assistant left the agency and went straight towards the coffee bar.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (07:09:00/02-01-17)
Yael sighed... she walked to bnc and say in person, as she avoids texting illegal plans.  "Look lady pimp, I am uncertain about legally working there.
These women entertain CEO's and other dignitaries... They would never accept a SINles... You know that... You need to be a real person to get a job.

So my delicious bun is of little help, and leaving this kind of bread crumb trail to a cooperate SIN is creeping me out. I need the Meteor SIN to cross the border - so it is not that simple. While it is not strictly illegal it will raise eyebrows and when people are intrigued they dig deeper. 

Either we find some way for me not to work there, or we find some SIN that can pass their background checks. "

"And that is not to consider what kind of 'job interview' these guys perform to new recruits.
 She thought and wondered if she could really pull it off. She was lustful sure, she loved sex, she was bisexual even... but prostitution? what if that guy is creepy can she really 'take one for the team' - with her own body? The thought was disturbing - and there was nobody that felt close enough to discuss it.

Shortly after, Yael left for her room and astrally visited Indigo Spheres examining the girls as much as she can without getting noticed trying to gauge if she really can pull this thing off. She also looked as discreetly as she could for magical security, or awakened personal.

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (11:16:41/02-01-17)
bnc sighed softly when Yael simply entered the room. Is the message a shut door delivers, too subtle for you? Aw, darn. Just think of the money. They all do. She goes offline and opens her eyes to offer her a seat at the vacant bed and hear Anna out.

"You're right. I actually thought of using your Meteor SIN but I agree that this might prove problematic. Do you want me to ask Gerhard for a different fake SIN? Or shall we develop a plan B?
See, the thing is, I must somehow get you into the database. You'll be fetched when the client expects you, and you'll be checked when you arrive at his place. I thought, the job might also prove useful to, well, balance you Yin and Yang or whatever.
Anyway, I can't blame you for feeling uncertain about it. I guess we'll find a way round. Do you know how to magically alter your face?"

She checks her, Krestov's and Slobbertooth's commlink for mark, before she sends out a message.
"Special K, Slob. While you're there, can you please check for possibilities of physical access to their databases? I might have to dig some deeper than expected."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:17:47/02-01-17)
Yael took a seat and hugged her legs, she was glad that Bianca did not do that strongtalk right there. She was clearly not in the mood.  "I do not know such magic. I mean, I usually use cosmetics like normal people do. The most I can do is augment the skills that I already have...

Thinking for a minute she said "
Another SIN may help, I am uncertain if even Schmitt can make me a reliable SIN in just a few days but perhaps he can. He seems to have an extensive network of connections and plenty of money.
though... if there is a plan B,  I am not that ecstatic about a job interview to that kind of work... So if we have good alternatives then I am all ears."

When bnc mentions the yin yang thing Yael, hardened her face, looked at the smug decker and said. "Yes, I enjoy sex, and yes I am bloody good at it... but I certainly do not need some middle aged richman that prefers to buy his entertainment rather than charm her. I can get off whenever I choose to, I have a dildo for crying out loud.  "
She sighed trying to regain her composure and then said. 

"Look bnc, I am sorry alright? I did not mean to burst like that. It is embarrassing, I tried to slot you, you refused. I do not just go around and slot people. Well I do, but I sleep with people I want to, not with people I need to.  Please, a guy assaulted me just yesterday, I do not want to be alone with another creepy guy...  I'll do it, but stop pretending like you are doing me a favor.

Taking a deep breath she added.

This Zola is an established mage and I am coming as a prostitute, I see countless ways that this can escalate.  The spell may not work on him... It may work, but he may take me to his home where he is going to have wards.  What if I cannot find a way to bring the spell into the ward?" She took a deep breath and said  ... and I am not talking about the kind of behavior that he allows himself, with a woman he bought. He could be into violence, physical abuse or even kinky mind control magic.  This is not like picking a guy at a bar. I may not have that annoyingly cheerful attitude and a big 'I just got laid' smile the day after. "
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (20:14:11/02-01-17)
Slobber sits at the bar and orders a soykaf before surveying the scene in front of him. He sees bnc's message and responds.

@bnc>> I couldn't tell you yet. We'll need to come back again with a way to bypass a keypad and a camera sensor. There might be an access point there.

Slobbertooth checks his commlink to see the quality of matrix service that he is able to receive inside the establishment.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:44:51/02-02-17)
The matrix perception is perfect in this quite wealthy area.
The two girls each purchased a tall soy latte and some kind of healthy muffin and take place not far from the two runners. As far as Slobber can make out they are talking about the blond's boyfriend and his propensity for buying stupid shit from trid.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (09:14:23/02-03-17)
"Hm. I guess a Mask spell might actually mean more rather than less trouble in this situation."

Quote from: Yael
"Yes, I enjoy sex, and yes I am bloody good at it... but I certainly do not need some middle aged richman that prefers to buy his entertainment rather than charm her. I can get off whenever I choose to, I have a dildo for crying out loud.

Look bnc, I am sorry alright? I did not mean to burst like that. It is embarrassing, I tried to slot you, you refused. I do not just go around and slot people. Well I do, but I sleep with people I want to, not with people I need to.  Please, a guy assaulted me just yesterday, I do not want to be alone with another creepy guy...  I'll do it, but stop pretending like you are doing me a favor."

bnc was about to return something, when Yael's voice suddenly turns serious. Instead, bnc hears her out. Not knowing what to say, bnc simply stutters out a "Uh. Sorry. Din't mean it that way..."

bnc doesn't seem to be comfortable with Yael's confession. She hurries on to a more technical subject: "The most difficult thing is how to getcha in. Basically, you gotta replace one of 'em rent-a-tins. So either we pay her for leaving during the transfer, or we kidnap her, or something like that. To be serious, I was hoping for one of the more experienced runners to come up with a good idea about how to bring you in."

<@Slob <How's magical security? Can you tell?>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:40:19/02-03-17)
Yaels body language becomes more open and she lays back and stretches on bnc's bed, looking at the ceiling she said in a distant voice, as if imagining a situation.   "Are you sure that I am even his type? For all we know he may be more attracted to Special K.  Her smile widens as if she imagines that image, or the surprise to discover such a discovery.

She continues shortly afte. Sure if I get into the agency you can use your magic to make me 'his type'... but that kind of magic only works on computers.  What about when he sees me? No... We, he needs to genuinely pick me.
How difficult is it to mislead him to a fake website? To have the comcall reach us instead of the real Indigo Spheres?

Plant me in a fake database, photograph me in sexy lingerie and sex toys or something. Do legwork to see how to make him genuienly pick me. What is his fantasy?  That way there is nothing to lInks me to the real Indigo guys. The less violence we do the lower the risk of things going sideways.  Finally,  find me a slutty name of someone that recently stopped working there - so that the ruse does not collapse if he asks about me."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (13:12:04/02-03-17)
<@Slob <How's magical security? Can you tell?>>
<@bnc<Frag if I know. Assessing ain't my bag.>>

"Looks like a normal enough place to me, Johnathan,you just go enjoy yourself. Don't worry, everyone's first time in one of these places is a little awkward. I'll be your security for a change.

He points a thumb at the two ladies in suits and leaned into Krestov.

"And those two aren't here for you. At least they're not supposed to be. Go change that."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (02:57:54/02-04-17)
bnc nods, more to herself than to Yael. "I'm not sure. Not as long as I don't have more specific information. So let's first do some recon.
I'll have to go online, while doing so. And I suggest you do the same. Can you find out about their astral security? Do you think you could smuggle in someone under effect of a spell?
Feel free to lie on the couch when you're there. We might have things to discuss once we both finished our surveys."

After Yael's answer, bnc makes herself comfortable in the chair and goes limp again. First thing she does, is a proper Matrix inquiry about Lavadora.

[spoiler]Matrix Search (http://orokos.com/roll/481945): 13d6t5 7
I can't go higher than 6 as I don't think there's any program that increases my Data Processing during a search.

Is it possible to locate his commlink? I guess I can find out where he works and where he lives. Sometime between working and living he should be en route. Maybe it's possible to locate his commlink somewhere in between?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (04:06:59/02-04-17)
"Smuggle in someone? what do you mean?"" asks Yael and then move to the couch. She thinks "Perhaps the bed is a bit too intruding in her personal space ?"  as she moves to the couch . Yael places a pillow between her legs and spoons it, making it look as if she was just taking a nap.

Leaving her body sent a tickle down Yael's spine and before she knew it she was observing the firm in distance wondering if it was worth crossing the ward.To risky from the safehouse... she concludes.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:40:30/02-04-17)
bnc nods, more to herself than to Yael. "I'm not sure. Not as long as I don't have more specific information. So let's first do some recon.
I'll have to go online, while doing so. And I suggest you do the same. Can you find out about their astral security? Do you think you could smuggle in someone under effect of a spell?
Feel free to lie on the couch when you're there. We might have things to discuss once we both finished our surveys."

After Yael's answer, bnc makes herself comfortable in the chair and goes limp again. First thing she does, is a proper Matrix inquiry about Lavadora.

[spoiler]Matrix Search (http://orokos.com/roll/481945): 13d6t5 7
I can't go higher than 6 as I don't think there's any program that increases my Data Processing during a search.

Is it possible to locate his commlink? I guess I can find out where he works and where he lives. Sometime between working and living he should be en route. Maybe it's possible to locate his commlink somewhere in between?

[spoiler]
You can use Toolbox for a higher Data Processing and Browse to reduce time for the search, but do I understand you correctly you want to make a matrix perception to find the commlink instead of information about Zola which would be a search?

But since you aren't limited in time or retries, I'll just throw the dice for you for both:

Matrix Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/481960): 13d6t5 7 [13d6t5=6, 6, 5, 5, 1, 6, 1, 5, 2, 4, 5, 4, 4]

Hey, what do you know, same result:

So, you find Zola's commlink: He has a Fairlight (unsurprisingly). His files are all hidden and/or encrypted. The commlink is not slaved to anything but is the master to his PAN, including his glasses, an autoinjector, a smartgun enabled weapon, a panic button and his trode net. His last matrix action was sending a message to one of his body guards (The ex-jaguar). It has no marks on his commlink and uses the Aztech Global Grid.

As for the search: You get pretty much the infos Schmitt provided for you, but also two other places he seems to frequent beside the bank building: One is likely his private residence - also located on the island - a modern house within an exclusive gated community.
The other address is in Seattle proper and seems to be a high class fitness club/spa/swimming pool combo.


[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:16:09/02-04-17)
Yael heads back and manifests near Flat line. "I am about to infiltrate that hooker joint to see what its like from inside... Want to come?" She asked.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:55:35/02-05-17)
Flatline shook his head: "I can send you a spirit along, but I'm not that adept at bypassing wards. I'd be more of a hindrance than a help around there."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (07:53:32/02-05-17)
"I just need someone to know where I went if I get into troubles. A spirit or staying out of the ward are fine by me."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:26:19/02-05-17)
"Alright, I can do that. But stay out of trouble."  Flatline agreed.
Inside his new lodge he began projecting as well and accompanied Anna to her target.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:14:55/02-05-17)
Yael casts her improve intuition spell and asks Flatline "Distract the watcher while I approach the ward. Ask it questions or something... They are not very bright." Once her friend gives the watcher something to watch, Yael attempts to quickly find a way to cross the ward, she observes it in detail looking for a way to slide by its cracks.

[spoiler]
Improve intuition (http://orokos.com/roll/482342): 15d6t5 4 Intuition raised by 4
drain (http://orokos.com/roll/482343): 10d6t5 2  no drain
cross ward (intuition + charisma) (http://orokos.com/roll/482345): 14d6t5 3
- not her greatest roll, but well let's hope it is enough to beat the ward.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:30:37/02-06-17)
Flatline called a spirit to get the attention of the watcher, while Yael tried to cross the ward. To her surprise and dismay she found it much more resistant than she anticipated - a slight hum went through the structure as her astral form was repelled

[spoiler]
Resist (http://orokos.com/roll/482593): 8d6t5 4
Also, the test is Magic + Charisma [Astral] v. barrier’s Force x 2 Opposed Test

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:41:39/02-06-17)

Dammit !  - "Tell your spirit to handle that watcher we need to get out of here, before we are assensed.. "
[spoiler]
Here is my post in case actually need to 'dispatch' of the watcher and cannot just influence it to think that somebody touched the ward in some other place - or that something else suspicious has happened. If violence against watchers is required Yael will summon a spirit to help. Otherwise she would erase astral signatures and then bail out.


 Yael summoned a spirit of her own to help , dispatch the watcher and then moved to eliminate evidence of their visit to that place. 
Summoning (http://orokos.com/roll/482609): 11d6t5 3
spirit resist (http://orokos.com/roll/482610): 5d6t5 2
drain (http://orokos.com/roll/482611): 10d6t5 3
1 service - attack watcher. 1 drain taken by Yael (F5 spirit (of watever is best for astral combat- man perhaps?))
[/spoiler]


Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:06:01/02-06-17)
Getting away proved to be no problem. Flatline's spirit thoroughly confused the watcher and helped clean up the astral traces before the wage mage could send any reinforcements.

[spoiler]
No need for Yael to summon a spirit, Flatline can handle it.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:29:40/02-06-17)
"Thanks Flatline... I should have done better I'll figure out some other solution. I normally am quite adept at crossing wards. Tanks for watching my butt"  Frustrated Yael returns to the safehouse, and watches bnc doing her thing. Feeling a bit bored she goes to her room and bring the guitar - and as the skinny decker would not mind the noise decides to play it a bit until she wakes up. Perhaps bnc was more successful - "of course she was more successful - she is a real decker and I am a baby mage. Can't even cross a simple ward with my ward crossing magic. Dammit"

Her fingers played the guitar and she quietly played some of classical cornerstones of the Rock music, something about melancholic privileged people, but SINNers complaining how difficult and depressing life were - in a world that was considerably better than this one. That gave some of these masterpieces a whole new meaning... If only Pink Floyd knew how privileged they were.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (02:53:08/02-07-17)
[spoiler]Actually, I really meant both of them. So you did the exactly right thing :) I just forgot to actually roll for perception as well.[/spoiler]

bnc posts the few new chunks of info on the info wall, then sets up her agent to follow the icon (in silent mode, of course). She'll attempt to hack it, but later. Some security measures are to be made first. One is, he should be asleep when she returns. The other is...

<@Dr. Schmitt <Excuse me, sir, to disturb you so soon after your departure. Do you deem it possible to acquire a cheap burner SIN or two for me? I intend to go after Zola - both via his commlink and through the Indigo Spheres host, maybe later his private system - but in case of failure I don't want to stain any of my SINs, including Ruth. It need not be something of high quality. Just anything I can post out there.
If this be no further nuisance, I would be delighted if you could make it 17 years old, male, middle to upperclass. I think, Javier is a nice name, but I leave the details to you or your skilled co-workers.
Thanks for the fish.>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:19:29/02-07-17)
Schmitt replied at once: <<Be very careful with your attack on Zola. If you do it, don't do it from the safe house. I'll have the fake SIN for you ready in a few hours. I can't promise the name, as my contact usually just clones existing people's credentials.>>

True to his word two hours later, bnc received the necessary data for two pirated personas: A 16 year old Horizon resident, called Yaden Hawk and a 32 year old Ares Lawyer, called Anny O'Donnel.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (08:58:10/02-07-17)
<@Dr. Schmitt <thx doc i bin kein
amateur>>

A moment later, a second text message arrives his message.
<@Dr. Schmitt <trotzdem danke ich weiß ihre
aufmerksamkeit zu schätzen>>

I'm wondering how long I can keep this bulldrek up. Be
nice, honey, think of the money, and punch somebody else's face.
All right. First the less hairy ones. Let's go dig into the club's
innards.


"Hulloh, everyone. I need an escort. Can someone gimme a
rid to that dicks' lair? I wanna break into the system, find out what it
looks like, stuff. I don't mean to go inside, but I'd feel better with
some heavy biscuits with me. Special K?"

If they agree, bnc travels with her guard near to the Indigo Sphere's
physical location. There she looks for a café, an empty building or some
other good hiding place, loads Yaden's SIN into her deck, deactivates
her commlink, and approaches the indigo sphere.

[spoiler]Mark the host: Hacking on
the Fly (http://orokos.com/roll/483058): 19d6t5 5
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (07:58:28/02-08-17)
Once bnc emerges from her virutal world Yael asked "How did it go? I was not very successful - I verified that they have wards in the agency and a watcher. Pretty standard  - but I could not enter the ward itself. I am not certain if I should go there as I may want to work there so might not be wise to let them see me and assense my real aura, perhaps Flatline would like to blow of some steam - he seemed a bit uptight earlier."


She then texts to update the rest  >> @Team there is also magical security at the site. Kind of standard but we need to understand how much magic we can use in there... So that I can pass their background checks if sending me to work there is the idea.  Perhaps Flatline should enjoy the merits of that place and verify what kind of security they have inside the ward? "

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:11:55/02-08-17)
Flatline replied: <<I'll leave that to Krestov and Slobbertooth- I'm neither suave enough to go to Indigo Spheres nor do I want to spoil the SIN that is the face of Meteor.>>

Meanwhile, Krestov had secured the undivided attention of the two girls. The blond one grinned at the remark and nudged the brunette who seemed to have preferred talking a bit more about boyfriends.
The blond one answered: "Thanks for the invite, I'm Charlene. I've never seen you two here before. Are you with building security?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (19:29:32/02-08-17)
Slobbertooth shook his head.

"No we're not building security, just a couple of out-of-towners on business trip looking to relax. It wasn't a bad guess though. Jonathan here is usually in charge of security.

What are you two ladies doing here? I can't imagine that the bar is the biggest draw."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:49:22/02-09-17)
Charlene smiled: "Haha, no we are just on our coffee break. It's just conveniently across from our work place.  But what are security guys from out of town doing here of all places? Don't tell me they are going to rework the security layout again! I've just got used to the new key and voice locks."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (06:47:47/02-10-17)
Before bnc leaves, she answers Anna: "I achieved what I was up to, which is not very much at the moment. This is bigger than what we did before. I must set up security measurements before I can start. You can find my infos on the info wall.
Don't try to enter a second time. It might not be worth it, and we must not attracht attention. Have you been caught? Have you been identified?"

[spoiler]Jack, would you please roll Indigo Sphere's Opposed roll? I scored 5 hits to mark the host in my latest post. I don't think I know its defense pool already. If I succeed, please describe what files I can access. I'm especially interested in the personnel database as well a the clients database.
I change into silent mode immediately after scoring my first hit, before entering the host.
I assume that Schmitt provides me with access to whatever grid Indigo Spheres is on.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:48:11/02-10-17)
[spoiler]
Actually, you do:
True to his word, Schmitt had transferred another ID packet to bnc that contained a paid account to Indigo Spheres which allowed her to request placing a MARK on the R5 Host of Indigo Spheres (A6S5D7F8).

I almost always front load my posts with info, so you can get started.

Besides, you already can enter the host legally through your paid account.

Resist (http://orokos.com/roll/484089): 13d6t5 5
No dice. Nothing happens


[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:24:52/02-10-17)
Anna replied "They know that something poked around but it is unlikely that we were discovered. "
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (03:59:58/02-11-17)
[spoiler]I'm terribly sorry. I promise to note stats in the future in a separate file.

I can't enter the host legally with Yaden's SIN. But I guess, it makes sense to do the matrix search legally.
I'll swap to Ruth, enter the host and perform two matrix searches (ooh, I just remembered that I raised INT by a point :D):
Matrix Searchs (Personnel db, clients db) (http://orokos.com/roll/484517): 2#14d6t5 2 6
Uh, well.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:09:03/02-11-17)
The inside of the indigo host isn't especially remarkable - for a sixth world escort service at least. The virtual landscape alternates between club , bathing beach and cafe atmosphere. The avatars of beautiful people in enticing garments are everywhere.
Navigating through this place, bnc soon finds a separate location within the host called Belladonna. As discreet info points explain this is the Seattle based part of the operation.

Looking through the personal data base is no problem, at all showing bnc a multitude of girls who with a bit of make up and hair coloring might be replaced by Anna.
The client database is unsurprisingly locked away and secured, but bnc's snooping at least reveals where the data is kept.
bnc is well aware of the little cupid fluttering overhead - as patrol ICs go it's one of the more overt forms.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (16:26:43/02-11-17)
Charlene smiled: "Haha, no we are just on our coffee break. It's just conveniently across from our work place.  But what are security guys from out of town doing here of all places? Don't tell me they are going to rework the security layout again! I've just got used to the new key and voice locks."
"We won't be changing the security measures. At least we aren't planning to. Today we're just here to test the camera coverage and Jonathan is here to ask employees about the experience with the security protocols so far. Speaking of which, if you'll excuse me I need to go walk around like an idiot while John asks you who's birthday is being used for the keycodes around here."

Slobbertooth began to wander aimlessly around the room with a soykaf, trying to do stopping at certain intervals to reach into his pocket and check his commlink as if there was a camera feed going to it."

@bnc>>The office has keypad and voice codes, and minimal camera surveillance >>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:11:09/02-11-17)
"Thank god. We had so many false alarms at the start, I think it would have been easier to just employ a security guard.
I mean, I get it: It's certainly a lot more secure than what we had before, but the voice recognition is so precarious I've been really tempted to just record saying my name and use that instead of repeating myself over and over until the stupid machine understands me."
She smiled at Krestov
"It's good that the company does an evaluation about this. I've got two write ups for getting in too late when I was right on time - outside the door."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (00:47:31/02-13-17)
<@all <thx slob guess matrix is our best angle
fry look how many of them hoes look enough like our sweet meat. coincidence?
ill now see what i can find out about lavadora>>

bnc forwards some pictures of those, whom we could exchange with Anna, to the team.

[spoiler]I guess it's more usual to pick the prostitutes yourself than to be assigned one (or more) of them, isn't it?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:05:47/02-13-17)
Anna texted back to the team >>I am so letting you handle my bachelorette party... they look delicious... try to spend some time with them, or film them so I understand how they behave.

She was still half paralyzed with the thought of being so powerless but - there was also excitement in that.  What am I speaking... I'll probably love it... It sounds exciting... I'll just love it after I am back in one piece. I hope he is good in the sack... She thought
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (12:32:26/02-13-17)
<@all <sure film hookers u r not gonna look like a total perv since u got boobs on yr own -.- :D >>
Time to do something for your money, honey!

bnc inhales. No matter how many times she does this, it will always flood her with adrenaline. A lot of it. The fact, that this wasn't just a leisurely break-in, but a well-paid job, made her grow even a bit more nervous. But this is not the time to hesitate. It never is.

Quickly, checks that every program is working the way it's supposed to, then she flips the virtual switch to change to silent mode.

[spoiler]Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/485388): 4d6+9 21
Hacking on the Fly (http://orokos.com/roll/485389): 17d6t5 7
Opposed roll (http://orokos.com/roll/485390): 13d6t5 1

lol, rocked it :D
Edit File (http://orokos.com/roll/485391): 15d6t5 8
Opposed roll (http://orokos.com/roll/485392): 13d6t5 3
Boom.

Shutdown.
[/spoiler]

bnc quickly accessed and copied the file in which client requests are stored. As soon as she grabbed the file, she reboots her deck, and investigates the file(s).
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:33:29/02-13-17)
[spoiler]
When I wrote the data is secured, I meant that it is in fact "secured" - as in it has a protection rating: Protection Rating (http://orokos.com/roll/485424): 10d6t5 4

You'll have to do a Crack File action. And since that is an Attack Check, you invariably will raise some kind of alert
It resists your Crack File Action with: Protection Rating (http://orokos.com/roll/485428): 8d6t5 2 successes

Patrol IC will know that the file is under attack, but now who or what is responsible and the first action will be a perception test:
Patrol IC Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/485430): 10d6t5 2

After that you can have your Edit File action to copy it, followed by your log out action.
[/spoiler]

At least that was what bnc expected to do - once she had cracked the file protection...
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:02:51/02-13-17)
She laughed: "As I said, the whole punch your code while you say your name thing is totally bullshit. Typing five digits and speaking clearly at the same time is a lot harder than you'd think - especially if you get a new code every month and have to memorize it. At least this month it kinda sounds like "Mary had a little lamb". But I have to be careful not to sing my name to it. Although "Charlene Hettenmeyer" just fits the meter perfectly." 
She smiled: "Most agreeable... Hm, I like the new drones skimming about. They look like those Bust-a-Move toys I had as a kid. Oh, yeah and I really like the fact that corporate is sending us you handsome security guys over to ask how we are."

While Charlene said this her friend turned up her eyes and looked like she wanted to headdesk herself, but she left it at poking her elbow into Charlene's ribs.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (01:31:57/02-14-17)
[spoiler]I just heard a bell ringing. Some firm female voice in my head repetead the word "shame" :D
Crack File (http://orokos.com/roll/485728): 15d6t5 3
Ouch, that was close.
Still, the only trace leading towards me could be the mark it saw. Since I was running silently (which I picture as the sr5 equivalent of sr3 mask utilities), I'll have it look like a punch bruise, as fits the He-man like barbarian person bnc picked for entering Indigo Spheres' host.[/spoiler]

Focus, you moron! You almost fizzled this basic crack hack!
Groaning, she opens her eyes. To her dismay, she's not alone in the room. "Ah, Anna." It's nothing personal this time. Just someone in the way when all she wants to do is to properly insult herself for this almost-fail.

Sighing, she heaves herself out of the seat. "Want something to drink? It's on the house." She herself walks over to the fridge, hesitates for a moment, then decides to go for an alcohol-free lemonade.

"Now, honey, let's see what your favorite 'skinny chick' dug up."
bnc creates and hands over an ARO which allows to perceive the contents of the file (however, it's still bnc who navigates through the database. She'd be way to impatient to let Anna handle it). Quickly, she looks for any entry that might turn out to be Lavadora.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:23:21/02-14-17)
Leaving the host before anything worse than a cherub could appear, bnc secured the file and made her way back into reality. A restart later the fake identity was purged and bnc had time to look through the data.

Finding Zola wasn't easy: Even though Indigo Sphere's security was quite a bit lacking, they at least didn't use clear names or linked SINs to their customers.
It took her quite a few minutes to match the right profile, but when she did she had to smile:
Zola had been using the service for two years so far. According to the entries he was pretty vanilla about his type: Long legged, young and curvy at the right places.  Most often he booked a girl for the weekend, took her out to dine, some cultural event and then to a hotel. Whatever else he was, he wasn't stupid enough to bring them back to his place.
The file denoted that he was usually accompanied by one or two bodyguards. A deleted complain told her that one of the girls had been threatened and hit by the Latino looking guard. A bonus payment had taken care of the black mark.

For the coming weekend he had booked another girl called "Eve". According to the file, Zola hadn't met her before. A quick cross reference to the employee data showed the picture of a dark haired, pretty girl of 21 years. The pick-up point was given as the French restaurant "Valmont" not far away from the high rise, Indigo Spheres resided in.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (08:07:56/02-14-17)
After browsing through the data with Anna, she extracts the relevant sections and attaches it to the team's info wall.

Is it the first time he is with Eve?

How long will it take to craft the sensor?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (08:25:32/02-14-17)
Anna looked at bnc "Already forgot that I was here? Anything with some alcohol will do... I just do not want to think about things. "
She browsed the information with bnc, trying to make up her mind but the young brainiac was too fast for her with her direct neural interface. Eventually, she asked  "So I am going to impersonate that Eve girl? Anything I should watch out for? By the way, was it dangerous to get this information? Because I can help with some things. Make it safer for you."  
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (02:16:34/02-15-17)
[spoiler]Let's transfer their conversation to our private thread and proceed with run-relevant discussions here.

Two questions:
 1) How much do Eve and Yael look alike?
 2) What day of the week is it?[/spoiler]

After she, the trogs and Anna had collected some infos, she requests every runner to join a group channel. Once everyone's a member, bnc addresses current issues:
"Good late-morning, dicks and box, doc and mech! I hope everyone found the time to sift through all the infos gathered in the meantime. We determined the girl we're gonna have Yael jump in for. The next part is more your field of expertise than mine: How can we exchange them ding-a-ling dolls? Anna honey, are you up to  dress up as Eve?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:06:24/02-15-17)
[spoiler]
As mentioned, with a bit of make-up, hair-styling and -coloring, Yael can look like her - or simpler said: Disguise Threshold 2
Today is the 7th of November 2076, Saturday.
If you want to replace her, you've got about 7 hours left, otherwise you'll have to wait a week.


[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:24:42/02-15-17)
Yael texted ">>This is not above my cosmetic skills... I'll have to paint my hair and prepare but give me an hour or two and I'll look close enough to the picture not to raise suspicion. Do we want to do so today, or wait until Flatline finished with the spell? I mean if he assenses me - he might recognize me later on if he sees me on the island. Auras are like faces, and I cannot change mine."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (14:03:54/02-15-17)
"Why on Earth would he Assense Eve? Weekend's gonna be the first time they'll meet.
Can we do it tonight? I have done my job already, so it's up to you to decide whether to go for it or not."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:43:49/02-15-17)
>> Because it is one of his senses, just like eyesight or hearing. I usually assense everyone I meet, at least for a little while. I definately assensed everyone I've been intimate with.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:57:15/02-17-17)
"Well, anything besides voice recognition would be great. Or, you know, they could pay a handsome guard to check who is getting in." She was once again poked by her friend who whispered: "Break's over. Rick just gave me a message that we need to enter the new hires' data asap."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (02:15:49/02-19-17)
"Ah, you're talking about identifying you as Eve sometime in the future, not about identifying Eve as you now. We can still mask your aura later - otherwise we'll have to lose another week.

About replacing Eve. From my side, the only thing I can try to do, is to create a new entry in the personnel database, then hack their base of transactions, and replace Eve with the new created entry. Anyone's got a better idea, honeys?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:45:04/02-19-17)
Anna texts >> Hack eve's comlink and cancel her 'date' ? 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (03:16:47/02-19-17)
"Might work. Only problem is that we should distract her for the evening, lest someone spots her while she should be at work."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (05:57:12/02-19-17)
Anna texted: >> Perhaps we can do without hacking, simply have someone in a suit pick her up and take her to some expensive restaurant and then to an hotel room.  Does Eve knows how her client really look like? She clearly have never met him - and probably have a different one (or some?) every night?

[spoiler]
Edited because now i am next to a computer, figured I'll post a bit from mobile to keep the discussion, and now had time to write it more properly.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:40:49/02-19-17)
Mike entered the conversation:
<<Do I see this right: We need to disguise Anna's aura on short notice? In that case I should hurry to go to my contact and buy some Manascape preparations. Afaik those only last minutes, so you probably should ask the mage to assense you under a pretense, asking him if he could check if you have magic in you. That way he might not get suspicious if the ruse fails.

Oh and in case you need someone to go out with this Eve, I'm totally prepared to take one for the team ;-)>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (09:16:52/02-21-17)
"Well, anything besides voice recognition would be great. Or, you know, they could pay a handsome guard to check who is getting in." She was once again poked by her friend who whispered: "Break's over. Rick just gave me a message that we need to enter the new hires' data asap."
Slobber came back to the conversation in time to hear her companion let them know break was over. "Well lets not keep the ladies from their work, Johnathan. You can annoy me by getting every pretty lady to gawk at you later. "

"Observe the process of them passing through security and see if you notice any problems or glitches that they've forgotten about."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:06:08/02-21-17)
The observation didn't show any anomalies: Charleen entered the PIN and said her Name... three times. The last time she even hit the terminal, before the door finally opened.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:17:12/02-22-17)
Yael texted  --> so we have the beginning of a plan, Mike picks up the real Eve and then I am being picked up as Eve, we may not need to hack any of them, just make sure that our client is a bit late.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (09:01:21/02-24-17)
"Wait, what? Where is this a "beginning of a plan"? She's got a job, she won't just go out with Mike when she's on duty. Am I the only one to do thinking in here? Come on, boys..."

bnc sighs, then inhales deeply before starting to talk in a stressed voice, indicating she's fighting down something.
"Look, I do understand that you rely on me when it comes to intel and technical stuff, and I know that you more experienced in terms of action than plannung. But until now, the gros of what we did was planned by me. I refuse to shoulder the whole mucho förböveln run myself, however. I help with the reader, I deal with the database, I get all the data, I fly the spydrones. But I don't fucking run this shit alone. If you bad-ass runners who already Ran when I was learning how to calculate the area of a triangle, don't come up with something better than "Mike will pick her up" anytime soon, I'll safe comme enfer burn some drek. It's not like I didn't give you some time to think."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:41:48/02-24-17)
Anna texted without seeming too emotional.

>> Well, if Mike thinks that he can pick Eve up - he is either a charmer - a briber or a sadistic SOB...  He is either BSing her into believing that he is her client. Throwing some money at her and hoping she'll cancel or Eve makes the journey in the trunk. 

This plan can benefit from some matrix magic as well - e.g. how does Eve normally identify her clients - do they really send her pictures... I mean most would want to be more discreet, so perhaps it is something more subtle like a red rose on their suit, a secret password on their commlinks? Perhaps they even say something a bit unusual to her. 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:48:09/02-24-17)
Mike replied:
<<Girls, that was meant more as a joke on my part - I don't actually think a beautiful escort girl would fall for an old ork fart like me. That said, if I had to do that instead of say Slobbertooth or Krestov I'd go for a simple approach: Some Laes and having her wake up in a paid hotel room without remembering how she got there.
That is unless you want to hack her commlink and just replace my old mugshot with that Zola... I mean Lavadora guy.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (10:13:20/02-24-17)
Anna answered >> Careful what you toss out there... this is how I got my part of this operation.  So we can either hack Eve's link or kidnap and drug her - any other suggestions?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (10:39:29/02-24-17)
"I wasn't talking to you, honey. I just hoped that our troggeys wouldn't support common prejudice."

[spoiler]This post is partly intime, partly outtime. It feels like gilga and I are drawing the whole storyline. I remember Squirrel and Qwikfix/SgtBoomCloud as awesome players with grand ideas, and I'd love to hear some of them. So, Jack, this was actually about being at a loss of ideas. I just wanna shake the team a bit.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (22:40:16/02-24-17)
@all>> We've got the basics of the security info for how to get into files up here. We can get through the voice, and probably crack the keypad with some basic tools. We could just put Anne's pseudonym in the system directly instead of going through the process of trying to replace Eve.<<
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:41:52/02-26-17)
Anna texts >> if you send me speech records I can just impersonate that girl - what is the big deal. It is a low quality audio. It is enough that I sound vaguely like her. I do not even have to be there, I can make you a premade recording.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (00:30:07/02-27-17)
"You want to fool a voice recognition system? I'd really know how you are going to do that. Torrent could pull his off, but he was an adept.
By the way, boys, why do we need to come by their security at all? Can we not just exchange the girls en route? Girls come out, a message arrives and sends her to a different customer, Anna jumps in, zang. Da?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (00:49:25/02-27-17)
>>> And I am a singer/actress... I dedicated a lot of effort to develop and control my voice... So I should be able to fool voice recognition given enough auditory information.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (01:04:47/02-27-17)
"That's not how voice recognition works, honey. It measures things you can't alter by will, unless you can transform the size and shape of your glottis, the volume of your lungs, and so on.
But again, I don't think it's even necessary."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:25:15/02-27-17)
Anna speaks in bnc's voice repeating her sentence and transmitting on the team channel. >> "That's not how voice recognition works, honey. It measures things you can't alter by will unless you can transform the size and shape of your glottis, the volume of your lungs, and so on.
But again, I don't think it's even necessary."
Impersonation (http://orokos.com/roll/490497): 9d6t5 4

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:32:53/02-27-17)
[spoiler]
Since there exists adept powers and cyberware for this very purpose, I rule that a simple impersonating test needs to beat also a threshold equal to the systems rating in addition to the counter test. (Similar to the rules for hardened armor/Immunity)
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (07:01:52/02-27-17)
"Mom... say that again... Now"
bnc activates the system's voice recognition, and has it analyse Anna's performance. It easily recognizes her as the speaker.

"See? As I said: The voice recognition system isn't just an ear. It analyses frequencies and longitudes you can't control with augmentations. Believe me when it comes to technical stuff." bnc winks.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:37:58/02-27-17)
">>> Dammit... I'll keep practicing - I am sure that it can be done.  Why isn't it necessary?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (19:51:15/02-27-17)
@All>> We have a voice recording of people who can enter, and we can likely use that to bypass the voice system.

@All @Mike>>Can you scrounge up a decent sequencer to get us past the keypad?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (05:54:59/02-28-17)
"You can't train to change the shape of your glottis, honey. Unless you're an adept or invest in augmentations.
Why is it necessary? You don't have to bypass the place's security, if we just redirect the real rent-a-cunt and replace her with you. On the way. Outside the building.
Why are you all so keen about getting into it? He'll have the party at home"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:54:18/02-28-17)
Mike replied: <<In the blue box with the label "B&E". All the stuff in there is high end, so you shouldn't have a problem. But as your decker says: No need to break in if you do the switcheroo with the right timing: The mark waits in the restaurant, Anna goes in and takes her place. Meanwhile one of you intercepts the real Eve, shows her a good time or simply Laes-es her.
And just to be clear: I'm not going to be the one to intercept the Escort Girl - those days are over for me.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (09:35:51/03-01-17)
"I suggest, I'll send her a short-hand message that she's been redirected. If that'll do, one of the guys has to sacrifice himself as a fake customer. I doubt, we can't find someone for that task.
If something goes south, we need to abduct her, Laes her, and dump her somewhere.
Or shall we do it like this either way? If she comes back to work next day and no-one remembers having cancelled the job, it might raise suspicions. Then again - drugging her will definitely raise suspicions too. Maybe the redirecting is more subtle, after all."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:30:54/03-01-17)
>> Flatline - do you know the physical mask spell?  Can't we just impersonate the original client take her to an hotel room and slot her like she expects?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:03:39/03-01-17)
Flatline replied: <<I can make you invisible or knock her out - that's all, I'm afraid. Of course we could call a spirit to mess with her mind, but that is of dubious effectiveness as well.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (00:08:58/03-02-17)
"Why not just hire a mage for the very spell?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (00:11:04/03-02-17)
>> Does she even knows what he looks like?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (01:02:29/03-02-17)
"They might, if we show them a picture? We haven't met Lavadora in person either."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:35:55/03-02-17)
>> so let's try to show up in the right car at the right time and do the casual slotting game. Flatline as Lavandora, and special K and Slob as his security guards. If it does not work we also have the muscle for kidnap/drugging.

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (08:28:41/03-02-17)
>>Seems reasonable and simple enough that we won't be able to screw it up.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:43:24/03-02-17)
Flatline agreed: <<Alright. Looking at Lavadoras image I think with a bit make-up and a wig + bad lighting I should be able to impersonate him. Anna, I'll rely on your abilities for that.>>
Mike chimed in: <<Ok, I'll organize the limo. I know a guy with a Nightsky. Should be no problem.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (08:54:10/03-02-17)
Anna helps Flatline with his disguise, while still augmented in her improve intuition spell. While dressing him up she asked him: "It was nice of you to come for my help before but you cannot fight my own battles, bnc is part of this team and pushing on that aspect is more likely to have one of us replaced rather than her. Remember, we have two mages and only one decker - just saying. "

[spoiler]
Disguise for flatline (http://orokos.com/roll/491617): 15d6t5 4
If someone wants to help with cooperation she can take as many as 6 dice.
6d6t5: 2 [6d6t5=6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 3]
so the first two cooperation dice will increase hit ratio.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (03:36:10/03-04-17)
"A plan at least. I've got some work to do."

bnc returns into virtual reality, and again files through the data she found. She traces down the commlink address, until Eve's icon is found. After double-checking her programs, bnc launches a subtle attack at the commlink.

[spoiler]Please tell me, if 2 points of noice reduction are not enough.
Hacking on the Fly (http://orokos.com/roll/492213): 19d6t5 3

Opposed roll (http://orokos.com/roll/492214): 9d6t5 5

Please anyone tell me this just didn't happen. [/spoiler]

Carajo! What in GOD's name just friggin 'ploded? A smartscan? I missed a fraggin' smartscan? Jeez, I'm gettin' old!
Grinding her teeth, bnc thinks of a way how to cover her failure. Still wearing Yaden's SIM, she quickly sends a message to Eve, saying: <@Eve <damn i <3 u ur so damn hot gimme a ride :S>> then turns off her deck before anyone might be able to trace the icon.

Exhaling in frustration, bnc rewinds in her mind what just went south. She checks her gear, but everything is okay. All the programs are running, the tools working. Sure, it was clever to use a smart scan at this point, but I shouldn't have get caught unawares.
Something was wrong. Anna? No. Can't be.
The decker gets up and taks a few steps in her room. Suddenly, it feels lonely in here. She shakes her head, and almost instinctively opens an image from Kerstin, her sister, then dismisses the ARO angrily. Don't blur your senses. Sharpen them, chipsie!

Finally giving in, after such a long time of resolution, she opens a drawer and unfolds a small bag with amber-colored crystals. Without a second thought, she takes half a dose, and swallows it.

She hums lightly, as the drug starts affecting her, stretches, sits down. Then she loads the SIN of Ares Lawyer. This time, there is no space for errors.

[spoiler]Hacking on the Fly (http://orokos.com/roll/492215): 19d6t5 9 Bam! Don't you ever tell me, drugs have no positive effects :D
Opposed roll (http://orokos.com/roll/492216): 9d6t5 1 This is almost ridiculous :D

Matrix Search (http://orokos.com/roll/492217): 14d6t5 5
I look for calls from her company. I want to know, who writes her, under what circumstances, and in what language. Are the files protected or something?[/spoiler]

"WOHOOO! I'M BACK, SLITCHES!"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:40:27/03-04-17)
[spoiler]
Eve seems to know her way around using a computer: Her files are protected with 3 successes each.
The phone log only stretches back two weeks - likely that she got a new commlink with her new job as bnc learns.
It's an R5 commlink and runs a custom app, that works like the Ticker app, only for clients.
There are four promising things on her link:
- her calendar
- the phone/message log
- the Client app
- her personal files aka. diary



[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (15:46:24/03-04-17)
Slobber played with Zelda while Flatline and Krestov got ready to pick up Eve.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:51:49/03-05-17)
Seeing that Flatline was nood in the mood for chat, Anna finished with him and begun working on her own evening. She started by preparing her body, just in case mr. Zola was not into foreplay - she wanted to be ready and receptive. Besides, she needed some release and her dildo was custom made for her own unique anatomy.

Some time later she felt rested and more relaxed and headed to the shower. She washed everything multiple times and then shaved her long legs. Perfume and some sexy black lingerie made her feel sexy and desireable.  Dying her hair and applying makeup were next and she was very careful trying to make it perfect.  Finally, a black dress with a cut for one of the legs, a generous cleavage and matching shoes finished her appearance for that night.

She stuffed her purse with  sex toys, condoms and other small things to mask the non legitimate things in her purse. A small square piece of clay like material to get an imprint of the SOC and a small scanner to scan it.  Finally, she took a high quality burner link without identifying features. She'll keep that one running silent, for bnc to control during her date.

She texts >> I am a working girl tonight - but watching is free. No freebies to colleagues *wink*... seriously come have a look and tell me if I resemble her enough. I should leave soon.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:52:51/03-05-17)
Flatline called Slobber: <<It might be a good idea if you keep an eye on Anna and Lavadora - discreetly. As far as we know his bodyguards are complete psychos, so having you with a car around will certainly be practical - in case Anna has to destroy another piece of priceless art.>>

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (18:18:49/03-05-17)
"Oh thank god I don't need to wear this suit anymore."

Slobbertooth quickly removed his suit and weight his options. FBA would be a tad conspicuous so he decided on his usual armor jacket and helmet. He put his weapons into the saddlebags of his motorcycle and drove out to scout out a decent hiding spot before the meet.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (10:13:33/03-06-17)
[spoiler]I want her phone/message log and her personal files.
First, I mark both of them:
Hacking on the Fly (http://orokos.com/roll/492702): 2#19d6t5 8 10
Opposed roll (http://orokos.com/roll/492704): 2#9d6t5 5 2

I have loads of extra hits, so in case there is a data bomb or anything else that's suspicious, please tell me.
Otherwise, I'll crack and load them:

Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/492705): 4d6 10 (with ASDF being 3654 by default and Intuition having been raised to 6, that's 21, or 3 passes;
In case something intervenes, my order of actions is:
Crack phone log.
Copy phone log.
Crack diary.
Copy diary.
For convenience, I'll roll it as follows:
Crack File (http://orokos.com/roll/492707): 2#17d6t5 8 3
Opposed roll (http://orokos.com/roll/492703): 2#6d6t5 3 0

Edit File (http://orokos.com/roll/492708): 2#17d6t5 6 5
Opposed roll (http://orokos.com/roll/492710): 2#9d6t5 0 1

This went incredibly smooth.
[/spoiler]

Protection. Of course. Well, as a hooker, she'll get a hack attack every now and then. As long as she believes, it's still Yaden trying to get something from her, we'll be fine, hopefully.
Slowly but anxious, bnc analyzes all available files, then marks them with two smooth transactions. People can say what they want. When I'm doing Goldies, I'm unstoppable!
When this is done, she breathes in. Now, everything was a matter of split-seconds. For roughly a minute, bnc watches the icon and tries to find out what she is doing (if there is any online activity to tell). She waits for the perfect moment, when Eve appears to be distracted with writing messages or doing research or whatever. In this precise moment, bnc strikes like a serpent: In a blur of movements, she unleashes the full power of her Cracking utilities on the files and grabs them. If nothing else happens, bnc shuts down immediately, and reboots.

It makes bnc unsecure that an alarm has been raised. However unavoidable, it's a big inconvenience, and something that might influence their plan. Therefore, she instructs her agent to watch her in silent mode, and inform bnc of every call and text message going out. Also, the agent is to inform bnc if the protection is being recreated.
Once this is done, she digs into the data.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:57:49/03-06-17)
The hack went smoothly and bnc soon had a complete record of Eve's call history and her personal entries. The commlink showed to be solely dedicated to her escort job.
bnc was surprised to learn that Eve was a university student (business math) called Tina Mau and had started her escort career indeed only two weeks ago. This was to be only her third customer although she has tons of requests.
Her previous meetings indicate that she arrives early at the meeting place and studies the customer and researches him a bit before she decides to reveal herself.
Her notes show that she noped out from a customer she was certain had taken drugs and showed aggressive behavior towards the staff of the restaurant.
A note from Charlene tells her that Eve still hasn't got the hang of the rather complex report system, asking her to redo her last week reports.
Indigo Spheres takes a monthly payment from her as well as a fixed amount for every date she agrees on. Her payment is entirely dependent on the client, but may include bonuses or tips payed directly.

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:24:36/03-06-17)
Anna sighed - protection was not a bad idea, though she'd doubt that if Krestov was there instead it was needed. She thought  "I am a mage dammit - I am not helpless - perhaps for the cover though it is better to have some trog muscle shadowing me, because he'll be really suspicious if I do some mojo."
 

>> Alright protection is welcome - and I will try not to trash anything expensive... I plan to give him exactly what he expects and hope to have some blissful moments where I can do the deed. Worst case I'll have to slot him again - I am sure bnc will figure something about computers and hacking and shit.. but let's not get to it.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (01:24:30/03-07-17)
How is she being informed of a new job? Charlene?

"Update from Broadcast Network Center: In addition to her phone log, which we'll need afterwards, I'll have some data about her that might come handy for you, Anna."
bnc displays the data she retrieved.

"Ah, and anybody please tell Anna she's pretty. After that we can get the job done.
Oh, and Anna: don't forget to invite me to MARKs on your burner 'link, too. Do it now. Good girl."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:14:34/03-07-17)
A closer look showed, that the escort people got the request for their services directly from the host. Nothing special, just a profile name, a suggested meeting place and time. Zola used the handle "Jaguar-Master".

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (09:03:51/03-08-17)
"I'm ready. Let's go through the list:

I'm ready."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:25:28/03-08-17)
Kite replied: <<Two Microskimmers + a Rotodrone with a JP-K50, extended mag and custom APDS, ready to shoot through walls. Cudos to Mike for this nice toy.
The reader is also finished as of this moment. Put it inside a paperback novel. Sorry, didn't have time for a nicer cover.>>

Flatline responded: <<I'm ready. Two F4 spirits bound, one F6 spirit on call for the night. And Krestov is my driver and back up. I've got a Laes patch ready, just in case.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:50:48/03-08-17)
Anna texted >> I am not going to display a SIN - Fake one is a crime and - and do you really expect a prostitute to display her real SIN?

I think that nobody expects me to pay or actually identify myself in this profession - but if I am mistaken I can use my student SIN for the job. It is bad because I've been using it for a long while - and because of what we do next - but the SIN fits the general story... and given my well-maintained image as a party girl, it is not unthinkable for me to do this. Should not raise any red flags. Though, I'd rather not use a SIN at all - because well - I do not want to die.

My student SIN will show that I study magic for practitioners in Seattle U and that I have a license to practice magic. It will also show that I run active life and party a lot. Any alternatives are welcome there. If possible I'll try to keep no electronic, a silent running burner in silent mode. No way for me to actually use it but you can track me and listen or whatever - so if things escalate to violence you will know.

I was born about a hundred years too late to actually have sex with trodes, so no I am not going to wear trodes at all. It looks goofy with a night dress.

I have no bound spirits I do not know how to bind them actually. I know how to summon but will have no summoned spirits as well. Spirits have visible links to my aura and I doubt Lavandora would like to sleep with a girl with a fire elemental bodyguard.  I mean I am already terrified at what Lavandora can conjure if things go south...

So I plan to come with no active spells or spirits or anything magical - and I have nothing to do to mask my aura. Flatline have not finished studying the spell to disguise it, but I was an awakened that cannot do any magic for the vast majority of my life. I hope that I can talk my way around it if he discovers my aura. Perhaps I'll just be honest with him if he discovers my aura, I mean I can just tell him that I aspire to develop my talent and that university is super expensive and I am only doing that to get by and finance my education.
Any other suggestions? 

I mean - I have never done anything like this so I may be missing something.

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:01:41/03-08-17)
Mike chimed in: <<Don't worry about the aura thing. I just got out of the talismonger's, assures me this concoction will fool anybody while it lasts - which is apparently ten minutes. So trigger it just before the meeting. Limo is also ready.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (13:54:40/03-09-17)
>>Surveillance gear? Eh, no. I've got some decent weapon scopes that I could use as binoculars, but I don't have any RFID chips. I'd rather not risk putting one on Anna and having it detected.

Weapons?>> Yeah we're good there. If you need firepower, give me a heads up, and I'll react accordingly. I don't have my FBA with me, though.

Guns'o'clock - Yamaha Raiden loaded with APDS, Underslung grenade launcher loaded with stuns
Heavy - Yamaha Raiden loaded with Gel, a few hand stun and smoke grenades.
Standard - HK-227 loaded with sticknshock, some stun and smoke grenades.
Light - Just my Ruger loaded with Gel ammo, no grenades.
No Guns - I've got some magical knucks.


Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (00:16:56/03-10-17)
"Anna: Let's just hope that the scumbag doesn't switch to Astral Perception anytime after you arrived. If you're using the concoction, and he finds out about it later on, you're fish fodder.

Slob: I wasn't speaking of tags. I meant proper imagining devices, audio enhancers, sound filtering systems, and, in everything goes south, b&e gear.
Mike, be an awesome trog and tell me, we have all that stuff available."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (08:25:30/03-10-17)
>>I've got some vision enhancers and audioenhancers on me at all times, and I've got a few rifle scopes I could repurpose as spyglasses, but I wasn't planning on being so subtle as to need B&E gear.

>>Some sound filtering devices would be nice

>>And fuck off with that "trog" drek, breeder
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:41:51/03-10-17)
Mike replied: <<Red box above the emergency life raft.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (09:41:29/03-10-17)
"Geez, I'm sorry, Mr. Maday. Someone forget to inform me that political correctness has become etiquette in the cogerando barrens.

Right, seems we're ready, unless someone else wants to share their feelings with us."

[spoiler]bnc also prepares her drones.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:13:02/03-10-17)
Anna texted >> *this* breeder has a big date...  let's go.
 and got into the car. Wondering what that Zola guy was like.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:28:12/03-11-17)
Just one hour before the planned date, everyone was ready.
Mike had returned with the limo and a small vial holding the alchemical spell. Anna would only have to open the tiny bottle and touch the liquid inside. Krestov he handed a slap patch with Laes, just in case the escort lady needed to forget the meeting.
Anna and Flatline both had been transformed through make-up and hair dye into somewhat realistic copies of Zola and Eve.
Slobber was ready to ride out on his bike while Krestov had donned the appearance of a chauffeur.
Kite and bnc both where ready to go into VR for overwatch duty.

Time to come face to face with Zola for the first time.

The restaurant was one of the countless high class affairs in downtown Seattle. French cuisine with prices that made even purchasing a glass of water an expense that a typical sarari man would have to run by his financial adviser. And yet there were a lot of people waiting at the bar to be shown a table.
Flatline got out of the car and went into the restaurant, scanning for Eve. The girl wore a fashionable costume and large sun glasses as well as dyed red hair, so it took the combined efforts of bnc and to recognize her.
I took the doctor a moment to sweet talk her into leaving the restaurant, but could convince her that the restaurant was a bit to packed for his taste.

They left the restaurant not a moment to soon: Just as the doors of the limo had closed, Slobber saw three man come up from the parking garage.
The one in the middle was quite obviously Zola: Tall, tan and black haired with expensive glasses and an even more expensive suit.
Behind him and to his left and right his bodyguards followed: A surprisingly small guy of south american descent, wearing an obviously armored suit. His features were hard and a scar curved upwards from the left corner of his mouth. His head was shaved and at the side of his neck a tatooed claw was visible that likely belonged to some kind of great cat. His lips were small and tightly pressed together which made him looking annoyed.
The other one was a tall elf with a military buzz cut. He wore tinted glasses as well as earbuds and bore a bored expression. When he moved his arms for a short moment bandages at his forearms became visible.
The trio entered the restaurant and moved past the waiting line of guests directly to the hostess and were directly shown their table.

Meanwhile in the car, Flatline seemed to have already expended what charm he had and the conversation between him and the beautiful girl had come to a halt, despite her best efforts to keep it going.
Through the rearview mirror Krestov saw Flatline look pleadingly towards him. <<Krestov, I really don't know what to say to this girl or where to take her. Do you have an idea?>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (11:41:17/03-12-17)
Spotting Zola, Anna nods at Slobber and then touches the alchemical vial, leaving the now mundane preparation with Slobber.
She heads to meet Zola and his bodyguards next to the restaurant. She curtsy and introduces herself as "Eve".
Anna displays no SIN and her link is running silent, in the bag.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:12:07/03-12-17)
For a moment Zola looked with a piercing stare at Anna, but replaced it immediately with a genuine smile.
"Charming. A pleasure to meet you Eve. For this evening, you may call me Esteban." He offered Eve his arm and nodded towards his two bodyguards. The smaller one relaxed and took his hand out from inside his jacket, while the tall elf kept a stoic expression on his face.
The four entered the restaurant and Zola pulled out a chair for Eve to sit. The two bodyguards positioned themselves on opposite sides and started to scan the room.
"Please don't mind those two, but for insurance reasons I am required to have a detail with me."
A waiter appeared and Zola stopped himself:
"Ah, Pierre, good to see you. I hope there is still some of that excellent 2066 Chateau la Mes left in your cellar."
"Certainly, Monsieur. I'll be right back." Pierre replied and left them with two gold embossed vellum bound menus.
"I hope you are hungry. The Escargot here is to die for, although I think I'll chance the fish tonight.
So Eve, I hope you like music. A friend of mine has sent me tickets to the symphony and they are playing Bach. I just couldn't miss that."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:59:44/03-12-17)
"Bodyguards to a dinner...  Is he threatened or is another show of wealth."  She graces the bodyguards with a quick glance and then positions her look at Esteban.  "I feel your pain." she said with a neutral voice. 
Insurance can't live with them can't live without them. So difficult to find a good one. She apologized to Zola and said "I came hungry and I prefer fish."

To Pierre she said "I'll have the Brandade de morue."

Then she comments " Bach you say? Neo classical or full classical? I hope it is full classical - I always wanted to experience these primitive instruments."


Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:46:54/03-13-17)
In the restaurant, Zola smiled and shook his head: "Nothing primitive about those instruments - primal maybe. From my perspective those instruments are - for the lack of a better word - perfect, just as the music. Neo-classical. The word alone is a contradiction if you apply it to the genius of Bach's works.
I'd never dare to bring a beautiful lady to anything but the pure and unadultered original.

Oh and an excellent choice. I think I'll have the Brandade too, but with sweet potatoes instead of potatoes."
The waiter nodded, filled the glasses and vanished again.

"So tell me a bit about you. What's your passion, what's your dreams?"
While Zola chatted, the spy drone and Anna became aware, that the smaller of the two body guards had begun to stare at Anna, narrowing his eyes.

In the limo, Flatline did as Krestov had advised. The doctor proved to be quite uncomfortable in his role, but the real Eve managed to put him at ease, chatting amiably with him until he finally made up his mind and said: "I hope you like musicals. There is a new-interpretation of cats with a full shapeshifter ensemble - or so they say."
To steady his nerves, Flatline had began to take a drink from the minibar.
Both Krestov and Eve watched with worry how quickly he downed the small whiskey bottle.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:49:56/03-13-17)
Quote
In the restaurant, Zola smiled and shook his head: "Nothing primitive about those instruments - primal maybe. From my perspective those instruments are - for the lack of a better word - perfect, just as the music. Neo-classical. The word alone is a contradiction if you apply it to the genius of Bach's works.
I'd never dare to bring a beautiful lady to anything but the pure and unadultered original.

“Well I admire anyone who can play an instrument without a computer making the micro adjustments for maximum precision. Though, as much as I admire it, Bach used the Organ which seems very complex and perhaps state of the art for his time.
Though I am a bit biased as I play a digital guitar, it makes countless little corrections as I play so I doubt that I am skilled enough to play classic.”

Quote
"So tell me a bit about you. What's your passion, what's your dreams?"

She giggled softly and raised the wine glass, smelling it and then tasting it with her eyes closed.
“Mm... “  she paused  “This is indeed a good vintage, almost fruity. I feel happier already.” Grinning she lowers her glass and explains “As you can imagine, I am passionate about wine. My dream is to have a small boutique winyard of my own and to travel the world and market it.“ Smiling she said “Silly dream, I know,  it is a beautiful one, isn’t it?”

She plays with her glass, smells the wine, flirt with it a bit and then takes another sip. It is such a wonderful wine and even if she is busted - Anna intends to at least finish the glass and enjoy it completely. When she opens her eyes, she asks "Esteban, what is your passion in life? Do you have a dream of your own?"

[spoiler]
Anna indeed plays the guitar, (has four levels in performance) and has 3 levels in alcohol and 1 in music, so she is genuinely interested in these topics.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (02:33:28/03-14-17)
[spoiler]Do we have an audio connection?[/spoiler]

Don't do anything silly. Don't do anything silly. Don't - Just don't!
Growing increasingly nervous, bnc approaches the bodyguards' commlinks in silent mode. Besides, she enlarges the drone feed a bit, then duplicates the ARO, and increases the zoom of the copy so that she can see the bodyguard's face in large. If possible, she arranges the drone in a way that it catches both the guard and Anna, then loads a small app to trace his gaze more exactly, and mark it in her vis feed.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:33:21/03-14-17)
Kite controlled the drones as bnc commanded, providing both a life feed with audio and visual.

Both bodyguards carried expensive Transsys Avalon comlinks, but had their PAN switched to silent mode, so only the main icon was visible.
Whatever the Latino guard (looking it up, this had to be Ramirez, the adept) had seen, he had returned to his normal stance, but still kept a suspicious eye on Anna.

[spoiler]
Ramirez has LOG 4, INT 5, WILL 5 and an R6 Commlink
Kynos has LOG 3, INT 6, WILL 5 and an R6 Commlink
Since they have no Sleaze active it's trivial to see their PAN
Ramirez has trodes, contact lenses, an Ares Predator as well as earbuds wireless active.

Kynos sports a datajack, wired reflexes+reaction enhancers, a Savalette Guardian, a taser, a bunch of RFID chips, contact lenses, glasses, earbuds, Smartlink and an Autoinjector


[/spoiler]

Meanwhile, Zola answered Anna:
"Fascinating. I used to play cello, but nowadays I find it hard to make time for more than the most fundamental practice. But it certainly helps to focus one's mind - and there are certain entities in this world who react favorably to melody and tact. But I digress.

Yes, the simple life of being a small entrepreneur - I most certainly feel the appeal myself. But alas, I took responsibility for many employees instead.
Oh, you like to ask the hard questions, don't you? Once upon a time I'd have said women, song and fine wine. Chalk it up to the inexperience of youth. And if age hasn't made me much wiser, it certainly has given me perspective. My passion is the arcane - the transcendental flow of energies, that keep this world together. Not a particularly good passion to keep you social life going, but I find it most rewarding nonetheless."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:20:29/03-15-17)
Anna smiled at Esteban, trying to mask her surprise. How can one likes the arcane more than he likes to slot?
If so, why don't he just rent a mage to study with? Perhaps he is just showing off the mage card to impress the ladies?
She felt so underwhelmed in comparison. Sure Anna knew a bit on the topic herself - but passionate about it?
No freaking way. Magic was difficult and she could not even commit to a specific a tradition.
She liked shamanic magic and did not understand the scientific approach to magic.  So she was not completely lost - but
as Anna saw it - some techniques worked for her and others not so. The entire thing was an exploration. Trying to understand it all seemed complex and unnecessary. Definitely more of a chore than a passion, "the man is probably 10 times the mage I'll ever be." she thought.

 "Women song and fine wine... I could understand. I mean you still seem to like these things but Arcane ?! How does a senior manager embraces such an unusual hobby?"

[spoiler]
No we don't. Anna would not bring earbuds or anything technological other than the comlink.
So bnc is alone with her thoughts, Anna is just ignoring the guards and enjoying her convo with Zola.
Perhaps he'll tell us a bit of what kind of magic he does... give us some nice intel.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (18:19:27/03-15-17)
"You are mistaken to think a real passion can be a mere hobby. In my understanding a passion is the consuming central part of your life. Consequently I made the arcane part of my job. We still know so little about the rules and mechanics of magic. The possibilities are nearly endless and while mundane science has reached levels where only incredibly narrow focused specialists can find any meaningful secrets, the arcane still offers low hanging fruit for anyone who dares to venture on the path of knowledge.
Also I'm a magi myself in addition to being a senior manager. Evenings like this are treat for me - a way to ground myself in reality. Work - no matter if passion or not - oftentimes makes you lose sight of what you are in favor of what you do."
Zola sipped from his wine, after having spoken with such fiery intensity.

Despite the sunglasses, Anna could see the elf bodyguard roll his eyes behind his boss' back. The other guard gave him a withering look in response.

[spoiler]
The spy drones have a audio feed - but obviously only one way.
That said, there is no reason not to wear trodes - they come after all in all possible fashion variants, including headbands, hats and wigs.

[/spoiler]

Meanwhile Krestov had maneuvered the large car through Seattle's traffic towards the theater. By now Flatline had downed two small bottles of vodka. True, he was less nervous now, but Eve did have a skeptical look on her face now and was eyeing the taxi stands outside.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (09:26:01/03-16-17)
bnc shifts some switches. An automatic voice-to-text-translation software now records everything Krestov's says and transfers it to text. This way, it's way easier to keep track of both situations simultaneously. She muted the thread to focus on Anna and Zola. She doublechecks that every word and every gesture is recorded, and waits, hoping her services would this time not be needed.

<@Krestov <take cre of flat. we dont want to have2be laesy>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:27:37/03-16-17)
"They do not like him very much... " she thought and raised her glass to play with it again. Flirt with the wine and then drink a bit more. "You seem to have the perfect job. You are a remarkable man Estebane... I mean I can only imagine the things that you can actually do."  she said and blinked, smiling a somewhat silly smile as the buzz of the alcohol begun to spread. "Who are you really Estebane? What do you truly desire? Do you have a bucket list? Or have you done it all already. She looked at him with admiration.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (18:13:01/03-16-17)
Zola smiled back: "A bucket list presupposes me dying. If there is anything on my list than to find the philosopher's stone and become immortal. I know it has been done before so it can be done again... But that is hardly a conversation topic fitting for an enjoyable evening with a beautiful woman..."
He was again interrupted as the food arrived and for the next minutes Zola was distracted by his hot meal.
Bodyguard Ramirez looked decidedly hungry, while the elf continued to look bored.
Finally, Zola swallowed his last bite and dipped his lips with his napkin: "So Eve, would you like to see some magic before we visit the Symphony?" From the inside of his coat pocket he produced a milky-greenish looking pill in a little clear plastic container. "Deepweed extract. It enables a mundane to astraly perceive."

In the limo, Flatline quickly replied: <<Tell me about your plan. I really don't know what's going on with me. I haven't been this nervous since my first date in high school - and I don't know why.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (05:12:12/03-17-17)
Anna ate her dish slowly, enjoying every bite of it. Chances to eat real food were few and far between.
Her heart raced when the deepweed offer came. "He knows..." she thought.  A momentarily thought was if bnc sharp enough to get the nuance of the suggestion, because her own knowledge about magic indicated that deepweed only worked on the awakened. Then another "There are multiple strands of deepweed, I am no botanist perhaps some of them work on mundanes two... Even if they know that I am awakened, I haven't done anything out of character... I can just come up with some mundane excuse for filling in for the real eve that overbooked... trying to help her keep her new job I mean we both are students... "

Anna shook her head and politely refused "Let's leave the arcane for work."  With her charming smile she added "Though, I am looking forward to hear the symphony.  I am excited about these incredible antiquated instruments that they are going to use."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (10:54:35/03-18-17)
bnc winces silently. Damn. Deepweed. Why can't I look like a hooker?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:16:52/03-18-17)
Zola took the refusal in stride and nodded: "Well than it's high time we got going."
He snapped his fingers and the Latino bodyguard went to fetch their coats while Elf continued to look bored.

When Anna had her coat he offered her his left arm and led her outside. His car - a comfortable Nightsky - had piloted itself already to the front of the restaurant.
Ramirez again took it upon himself to open the door for his boss and Anna, while Kynos kept an eye on the street, looking bored and irritated now.
Both bodyguard got into the front of the car and the whole party drove off.
Anna was amazed how silent it was inside the passenger compartment. That's why she missed the brief exchange between the bodyguards - but fortunately the drone was in a better position to get a snippet of it before the doors fully closed:
"...Puta, who do you think you are. Show more respect to Senior Zola."
"He pays me to bodyguard. I'm not his fragging manservant."
"You won't last long with..."
Then the doors were shut and the car sped off.

The conversation the back quickly came back to Bach and the different interpretations and arrangements that Zola had heard and experienced over the years. She had to admit, that the man certainly was passionate - and surprisingly easy to talk to. Very courteous, very civilized. Once could almost forget that a previous escort girl had reported beatings by one of the bodyguards...
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (17:37:38/03-18-17)
"Is he left handed?" She thought, and accepted his arm. She entered the car, and took her mind off the uneasy thought of the previous escort girl. The risk of physical violence was real, and that girl did not try to rob him.  She enjoyed the discussion about music and was naturally attracted to passionate people. It was uneasy to understand that the man was more of a gentleman than most of her boyfriends.   "Perhaps he is old money." She thought.

During the ride Anna tried to pay attention to the man and figure out what that SOC thing might be, she better has some idea before the hotel room.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (03:10:36/03-19-17)
Slobber was sipping a soykaf when he saw Anna getting into the vehicle with Zola. He tossed the cup to the side and made sure he had all of his equipment while he texted bnc and the rest of the team an update.

@Team>> Zola and Anna are on the move.

@bnc>>Can you track that limo or the people in it? It would make it easier for me to tail them without getting noticed if I can do it a few blocks back.

Slobber finished the soykaf, through the cup in the trash and started following.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:33:53/03-19-17)
Zola noticed the intense gaze Anna laid on him and smiled: "A penny for your thoughts."

[spoiler]
Perception test, visual, with Threshold 6, -6 dice to detect the SOK
Perception test, tactile, with Threshold 3, -3 dice to detect the SOK
[/spoiler]

Tracking the car proved quite easy: Kite had managed to land the small spy drone on the back of the car, providing a steady beacon. Unsurprisingly the car drove directly to the Seattle Symphony, shortly thereafter vanishing underground into the parking garage.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (06:10:10/03-19-17)
Blushing slightly and thrilled by his observant nature she said "It is silly... You are such a gentleman and I am..." she looked into Zola's eyes and leaned for a kiss. Embracing the man, and enjoying him, out of a force of habit, her hands gently stroked him. In the back of her mind, her hands was looking for the SOK, but it was a mixed buissness and pleasure.  Panting slightly she said "I've never met someone like you, I just want to imagine that this night is real, an unforgettable date with the perfect man."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (06:34:26/03-19-17)
bnc, who in the meanwhile focusses on organizing and sharing data, prepares several AROs for her comrades.
First, she attaches the lingo-to-text translation app to the drone feed as well, and thus creates a logfile for Krestov, Flatline, and Slobbertooth. She highlights the brief conversation between the bodyguards for better visibility. She also enables the Krestov-and-Flatline feed for Slob.
Second, she creates a dynamic Seattle map, indicating the respective positions of the two moving cars. Through the granted marks on Krestov's commlink and Kite's drone, she constantly updates their locations.
<@Slob <done. we cant reach anna atm but it seems shes doing all right. i dont think he suspects shes a mage. the elf guard has issues with lava. here s a list of their weaponry and augmentations as far as i can tell:
<inserting armory list>
>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:51:33/03-19-17)
<<God, yes, please.>> Flatline replied

Anna noticed Zola getting guarded for a moment, but her comment mollified him and he relaxed.
"You certainly have a way with words, Eve. But everything in its due time - anticipation is the greatest joy after all."
With a caring gesture he moved an errant strain of hair back behind Anna's ear: "Let's enjoy the music first."

Anna had noticed the SOK under the man's expensive shirt, flat between his pecs on a thin gold chain around his neck.
The elevator ride brought them to a back door and a direct passage to a very comfortable looking theater box with a small table with refreshments. Down in the ranks the seats were packed and the concert was about to begin.
Ramirez once again took their coats, while giving the other bodyguard the stink eye.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (18:33:30/03-19-17)
Anna smiled and shivered, anticipation? She came ready - and the foreplay and the thrill of hiding why she really was there. The sense of danger, they were powerful aphrodisiacs.  "I know, anticipation but I have this fire in me - and it is difficult to contain, you speak with so much passion- I can only imagine... " She paused and bit her lower lip, gently drawing the man's attention. "I do love Bach, and real classical should be a feast to the ears, I will be a gentlewoman." she smiled at him.

Anna took the man's hand in the elevator and did not mind the guards much, she identified the SOK and now needed a good moment to duplicate it. Perhaps after they sleep together - but will it work? she did not like to postpone it so long.  Doing anything in front of two alert bodyguards was out of the question, she was good but not miraculous and could not afford to be caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

"I doubt he'll have them watching us having sex... I mean that would be creepy. I hope I don't mess it up."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (20:53:43/03-19-17)
If I had known we were going to the opera, I would have worn my suit.

@bnc>> They're at an opera. Can't follow her in, I'd stick out like a sore thumb. I'll be across the street in a cafe.

The elf is certainly the more interesting of the two guards. Thanks for the heads up.

Slobber removed his helmet and took a seat looking through the windows facing the parking garage of the opera house.

@bnc>> Can you find what is showing right now and when there is an intermission and when it will end?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (01:35:20/03-20-17)
<@Slob <guess ramirez d be the 1st target. elf s more likely to run off.
maybe we gotta distract the guards for a tic if anna cant find time to retrieve the sock. but then we might wait till they get to it. she might slip the reader over the soc while she undresses him or sthg. and i dont wanna have her again underfucked in my room.

they re playing kenneth's boys or why dragons dont eat elves, a satirical drama of blackest humor, addressing prejudice in the 6th world. was a big uproar when it first was played back in 54. today nobody gives a damn except for self-designated arts experts and geeks.
there s a break at 9.40, 20 mins.
u might consider getting a fine suit asap and smuggle in during the break. at least in euro they dont check tickets after it started>

[spoiler]I hope it's okay that I took the liberty to make something up. If not, correct the details please.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:31:57/03-20-17)
[spoiler]
Feel free to add such stuff, but be aware, that I was talking about the Symphonic Orchestra, not Opera or Theater/Musical)

In the grand scheme of things it's not particularly important - as long as no-one starts talking about buying popcorn  ;)
[/spoiler]

Kite had managed to deliver one of the suits per cargo drone to Slobbers position, should he decide to go inside.

As it turned out, Ramirez stayed with them in the box, while the elf took position outside. Ramirez stood in the shadowy corner, keeping silent, but seemed to enjoy the music. After the Intermission - where both accompanied Zola to the men's room - they changed positions. The elf once again seemed to be bored by the music but kept glancing down into the ranks, instead of standing back and out of sight.
Zola failed to keep his disapproval from showing on his face, but didn't talk during the performance.
Once it was over, he had three words for the bodyguard: "Get the car." But the tone was more alike "Go to hell".

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (13:50:55/03-20-17)
"I don't think it's wise to let the drone enter the building. Keep an eye on them, and keep me updated. As soon as they leave, I'll trace them again."

[spoiler]@Slob: does bnc have three legit marks on your 'link?
@Jack Whoops!
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:00:25/03-20-17)
Anna held tightly Zola's hand and stroked his arm a bit with her second hand. Saying softly "Don't let him ruin our evening... It was an incredible show  "  She accompanied Esteban to the car. On the way she she discussed the symphony with excitement and,  placed herself closer to Esteban than before, signalling him that he is welcome to approach her.



Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (19:16:01/03-20-17)
@Kite "don't threaten me with a suit again.

Slobbertooth declined to enter the building during intermission. He instead enjoyed a snack in the soykaf hut until the end of the performance drew near, at which point he went back and mounted his motorcycle, waiting for Zola's car to appear.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (02:27:32/03-21-17)
<@Slob<mighta suited u sempai>>

[spoiler]@Jack is this the drone which Mike equipped with direct induction or whatever it was called?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:36:17/03-21-17)
[spoiler]
Jepp, the very same. The drone has an Induction Receiver modded to it. So you can establish a wireless connection even if a device doesn't have it active.
[/spoiler]

Zola still looked annoyed, but reined in his temper: "You are right. But good help is hard to come by. This bastardo simply isn't fit for civilized society. I'll have to do something about him.
Still, it was an incredible performance. Although Lionel Zapato is certainly an unconventional conductor and a bit of a show man he does have his orchestra tightly under control. I've always admired his ability to perfectly manage every detail of the performance."
He looked at Anna with a certain hunger in his eyes: "I think it's high time we enjoyed another drink - I have ordered a bottle of a fantastic '65 to my hotel room. And according to the room system the Jacuzzi is already running."

The car arrived and Ramirez again opened the door for them, before climbing into the cab. The car sped off, with Slobbertooth in tow.

The hotel proved to be the Hilton and would need definitely a suit for Slobber to enter.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (09:59:33/03-21-17)
Slobber sighed but set to putting on his Berwick suit.

@bnc>> While I put myself in this straight jacket, would you please find what room Zola is staying in and get a reservation for a Michael Maday in a room nearby, preferably on the same floor. I'd like an excuse to bring in my luggage and be nearby.

Slobber went to find a place to change into his thousand nuyen prison in private.

Seriously, who designs clothing where it's hard to raise your arms over your head?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (12:01:44/03-22-17)
<@Slob <i can try>>

bnc inhales deeply, as usual, before going to work. She loads a business-like persona, displaying a higher-rank sarariman in his thirties, with a suitcase of programs. Then she checks in:

[spoiler]Hack the Host (standard configuration):
Hacking on the Fly (http://orokos.com/roll/498489): 19d6t5 9
Opposed roll (http://orokos.com/roll/498490): 17d6t5 6

Enter Host.

Matrix Search (for file) (http://orokos.com/roll/498491): 14d6t5 7
Wotcha :)

Hacking on the Fly (http://orokos.com/roll/498492): 19d6t5 7
Opposed roll (http://orokos.com/roll/498493): 17d6t5 4
seems to be my lucky day.

Before I proceed: Is the file protected?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:12:12/03-22-17)
[spoiler]
Yes, since the host has openly accessible parts. The protection rating is 3 (so a defense against cracking of 6)
As previously mentioned, the attack action here doesn't alert the host bur leaves a log entry.

[/spoiler]

The inside of the hotel host displays the insides of a grand hotel from bygone days - including conscierges, hotel detectives and a lot of rooms. bnc quickly locates what she is looking for: The guest registry - password protected of course...
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (12:37:13/03-22-17)
Anna returns the hungry look and says "Amazing performance, incredible wine and exquisite company... I cannot wait for what the evening is going to unfold."  When Zola mentions the Jakuzi Anna smiled "Jakuzi,  sounds great..." she takes his hand and walks to the limo.

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:25:36/03-22-17)
Eve did a double take and a mixture of rage, surprise and awe played across her face before she said: "You know that this is actually a breach of contract. And normally I'd say good night to you right now..."
She left that hanging for a moment, gave Flatline a contemptuous look and then took Krestov's outstretched hand to be helped from the car.
"You know, there is no reason to hide the fact that you are a troll and into human women. I don't discriminate - but I am allergic to bullshit. Don't do that again, no matter how handsome you are."

Flatline looked at the same time relieved and embarrassed and quickly entered the driver's seat to adjust it to his smaller proportions.

"So, what do you do for a living, Mr....?"


A few hours later and a few kilometers away, Zola had led Anna towards the elevators and they and the body guards drove to the 14th floor.
The room was a suite. Kynos stayed outside the door, while Ramirez went away into a adjacent room - probably to sleep.
Zola took Anna's coat and put it away together with his own.
The large room had all amenities to be expected from a high price luxus hotel. Even a genuine open fireplace with bearskin in front was there. As promised there waited also a small cart with a white table cloth, two glasses and a bottle of wine with an empty decanter.
Zola made a "tsk" noise: "Unbelievable, they didn't decant the wine." Carefully he opened the bottle and began to pour it in the crystal decanter, while he smelled the cork.
"Just another life lesson - no matter how good something is, it's never perfect."
When he was satisfied that the wine had breathed enough he filled the glasses and offered one to Anna. From the next room the monotone gurgling of the whirlpool could be heard. The bath had a breathtaking full front window across the Seattle skyline and was illuminated by the shine of dozens of candles.
"Cheers."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:45:06/03-22-17)
Anna enters the room and allows Esteban to remove her coat, looking a bit disappointed at the wine "Yes, they should have done so about 30 minutes ago, let it breathe for a while. Thanks for the life lesson but I am happy to spend this night with you. I am sure that it is going to be memorable despite any minor setbacks.

she raised her glass and tipped it against Zola's, "Cheers" she said.

At the back of her head Anna had some plan to strip Zola and take off the chain as well, then take off her dress and bag and place them near the SOK. Hopefully, she'll have a moment to do the deed, while Zola is distracted.

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (08:30:01/03-23-17)
You chipsies could at least have had the decency to encrypt this properly.

bnc is just about to attack the file, when she remembers her earlier failures. She fell for too cheap tricks because she was careless. And she was not about to let that happen again. She focusses, loads the proper programs, and cracks the file with ease.
After her sim breaks the seal of the ledger, she opens it and siphons the data found inside. She analyzes it before she forwards it to Slobbertooth: Where exactly is Zola Esteban? Which rooms are free nearby?

Once that is done, she sets for the second task: "renting" a room. Again, she prepares well for the attack, but this time the system is not so easily fooled.
<@Slob <I sent you the hotel's client registration. I'm having problems editing the file, however. Maybe you can rent one of the rooms in question legally? If not, tell me, I'll try again, and harder.>>

While Slobbertooth considers his options, bnc eradicates the traces she had left behind. After a short look she finds the log file, looks over her shoulders (no hotel detective to be seen), then draws a pen with which she cancels a single entry.

[spoiler]Crack File (http://orokos.com/roll/498762): 17d6t5 6
Opposed roll (http://orokos.com/roll/498763): 6d6t5 3

Edit File + Opposed roll (http://orokos.com/roll/498764): 2#17d6t5 6 6

That didn't work. In order to avoid the retry penalty, I'll set for another task in the meanwhile: edit the alert log.

Edit File + Opposed roll (http://orokos.com/roll/498765): 2#17d6t5 7 6
(the program Edit grants me +2 to Data Processing, so it works)[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (01:26:16/03-24-17)
Slobber scrolled through the client registrat, trying to find Zola's room as he packed up his bags.

@bnc >>I'll let you know when I am able to figure out where he goes. Don't exactly have a company cred stick<<
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:25:58/03-24-17)
It turned out to be no problem to get a Room on the 14th floor, as the helpful desk clerk explained that it was in fact the 13th floor and a lot of people still were superstitious enough not to book a room up there.
Slobber's new SIN was accepted without any questions. He was handed his code and issued a MARK to use the hotel's matrix services.

Stepping from the elevator, Slobber had no trouble to identify Zola's room since the elf still stood there, calmly observing him.

[spoiler]
A palming check from Slobber how well his weapons are concealed on his person, if he has any with him.
[/spoiler]

In the room, things had progressed a bit. After enjoying the wine Zola had asked her to follow  him to the whirlpool, a tower of fluffy towels as well as a pair bathrobes lay ready. Without hesitation, Zola disrobed. For a man of his age he was reasonably fit, although the ravages of time hadn't been stopped entirely.
The SOK dangling over his chest was removed last and Zola put it in the pocket of his trousers, next to the pool. The rising steam and his face told her, that the temperature was just the right amount above comfortable to help you relax your muscles.
With a sigh he stretched his arms: "Eve, I can't tell you how much I have anticipated this moment all this week."
For a short moment, Eve noticed a small air distortion around his right hand - indicating that he probably just had cast a spell
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (08:51:09/03-24-17)
[spoiler]Palming checks
Palming  (http://orokos.com/roll/499101): 7d6t5 3
Ruger -1 to concealability
HK-227 +2
Yamaha Raiden +5[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:40:34/03-24-17)
[spoiler]
Notice Ruger:
Perception (Visual) w/wireless on vision enhancement (http://orokos.com/roll/499104): 8d6t5 2
Notice: HK 227
Perception (Visual) w/wireless on vision enhancement (http://orokos.com/roll/499105): 11d6t5 4

The Yamaha, I assume, you are carrying in a bag or something, otherwise
Perception (Visual) w/wireless on vision enhancement (http://orokos.com/roll/499106): 14d6t5 3

[/spoiler]

Slobber couldn't see the eyes behind the shaded glasses, but the bodyguard suddenly had a Savalette Guardian in his hand.
With a calm, raspy voice he told Slobber: "You need a better carry case for your SMG, Chummer. I suggest you go somewhere else, before I become suspicious about the rest of your baggage. This floor is taboo for any runs, cons, games or other S's... especially for jackasses."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (09:51:35/03-24-17)
Anna folded Esteban's clothes and neatly placed them a table in the suite. "Allow me, moisture is bad for these fabrics...  a gentleman deserves some privacy. " she said to the man.

She added  "I'll be right there with you - but I afraid that you may find my stamina lacking. The water seem very hot."  With that in mind, Anna placed her bag on the table and begun taking off her dress. If she feels that the opportunity is right she'll attempt to scan the SOK and otherwise, she'll join Zola in the Jakuzi without much delay.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (09:59:29/03-24-17)
[spoiler]
Notice Ruger:
Perception (Visual) w/wireless on vision enhancement (http://orokos.com/roll/499104): 8d6t5 2
Notice: HK 227
Perception (Visual) w/wireless on vision enhancement (http://orokos.com/roll/499105): 11d6t5 4

The Yamaha, I assume, you are carrying in a bag or something, otherwise
Perception (Visual) w/wireless on vision enhancement (http://orokos.com/roll/499106): 14d6t5 3

[/spoiler]

Slobber couldn't see the eyes behind the shaded glasses, but the bodyguard suddenly had a Savalette Guardian in his hand.
With a calm, raspy voice he told Slobber: "You need a better carry case for your SMG, Chummer. I suggest you go somewhere else, before I become suspicious about the rest of your baggage. This floor is taboo for any runs, cons, games or other S's... especially for jackasses."

[spoiler]Fucked the concealment stats, forgot the -2 from the berwick suit.

Make those stats
Ruger -3 (0 natural -1 holster, -2 suit)
SMG -1 (+2 natural, -1 foregrip, -2 suit) +anything the stock being collapsed applied impacts, if anything.
Raiden +3 (+6 natural, -1 foregrip, -2 suit) or assume a bag.

This is what happens when I post 45 minutes after waking up. I'll play with the rolls as is cause it was my mistake.[/spoiler]Slobber chuckles and initially tries to play it off
"Don't worry, I don't expect to use this for anything more than leisure shooting. It's a hobby of mine. I'm on a business trip from out of town and don't have anywhere else to put them.

"Besides, Chummer, if you really think I'm so heavily armed, what are you going to do about it?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:35:25/03-24-17)
[spoiler]
Foregrip adds to the number of concealment, meaning it's harder to conceal

Just read the rules again and I could have used palming instead for a higher bonus, but we'll leave it at that  ;D

[/spoiler]

The elf grinned: "The correct course would of course be to call KE. What do you think? I mean I could lose my licence if I started an impromptu gun fight in a luxury hotel. Especially since I'd have to explain why I used military grade ammo to pierce concealed body armor - nice suit by the way - and of course my boss would be a total dick about me ruining his little nookie.
So do us both a favor and get out of my sight, so I can pretend that there are no dangerous individuals around, eh?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (10:38:19/03-24-17)
"Sure, let me just go to my room.

"You won't even need to pretend, then."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:52:02/03-24-17)
The elf kept his eyes on Slobber until he vanished behind his hotel room door.
The room itself was spacious, clean and had a superb view, but was a far cry away from suite at the other end of the corridor. On the plus side there were little chocolates placed on the pillows - made from real cacao. As the other rooms, this one seemed to sound proved to a high standard.

Unbidden the trideo activated, trying to tell Slobbertooth all about the available amenities...
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:33:18/03-25-17)
Zola looked suddenly alert: "Don't bother, I'll take care of them myself."
Anna could see that she only had a second or two before Zola would come out of the water again, to take away his clothes himself. Obviously he had realized, that he left his SOK unattended.

[spoiler]
Palming Check.
Zola is distracted from getting out of a whirlpool without slipping, so it's unopposed, but you need
5 Successes to read out all three security features.
With 3 you only get the pattern and the RFID
With 1 you only get the RFID


[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:44:40/03-25-17)
Anna acted fast, she blocked the view with her bag, and then took out the SOK scanned it quickly and placed it back in. Her heart raced quickly and she hoped that Zola did not notice the deed. The information extracted was convoyed to bnc and Anna hoped that the young decker would have the common sense to wipe the evidence and remove the incriminating data from the burner link. She did not have time to actually text her though, Anna dedicated all her attention to defusing the situation.  The scan seemed to progress slowly and Anna prolonged it as much as she could without getting caught.

Once Esteban, managed to get out of the water Anna quickly placed the SOK in his pants and said smiling "You are such a gentleman...".  She then, began to strip her dress to ease any sense of suspicion the man had about her.

[spoiler]
Scan SOK fast! (http://orokos.com/roll/499396): 11d6t5 2 - she'll use her second point of edge
Scan SOK fast! (edge) (http://orokos.com/roll/499397): 9d6t5 5
Phew...  that was close.
[/spoiler]


Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (18:06:02/03-25-17)
The distraction worked: Zola did take his trousers back - feeling surreptitiously for the SOK and relaxed when he felt it. Without taking his eyes from Anna he took the trousers and laid them in the cabinet, without missing a beat, he put his commlink and the SOK into the small hotel safe.
"You are a sight for sore eyes, let's get back into the tub before it's getting to chilly."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (04:50:08/03-26-17)
Quote
That was one hell of a roll! Well done, Anna! The dice gods favor her today! :)

A thief indeed you are, sweet meat. Let this teach me a lesson not to underestimate

you. I guess I'll have to apologize.
But then...
Noooooooo way!

bnc grins to herself for a moment, as she accepts the data, copies it to an offline chip and

removes all data from Anna's link. She immediately brings up another window to thouroughly analyze

the data. One of the scanners might have provided incomplete or corrupt data. If that's so, there's

only now to rectify it. Once everythink proves to be all right, she sends a short message to

Anna:
<@Eve <hey eve i just found the stuff you forgot in the washing machine. evrythgs all

right. u can relax and enjoy the eve ;)>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (05:38:41/03-26-17)
Anna smiled and striped allowing the man to enjoy her lingerie while she sensually took them off and then joined him in the jakuzi. Anna could feel the euphoria of a well-executed theft spreading in her veins.  The excitement has made her body more receptive, and her mood open. Esteban found a willing and lustful partner that accepted with pleasure all his fantasies and even pushed him for anything he could deliver.

Finally, both of them fell asleep exhausted in the luxurious bed and Anna placed her head on Esteban's shoulder and gently stroked his chest until she fell asleep.   Anna was still sleepy when Esteban woke up, she grunted a bit and then hugged the pillow trying to steal another hour or two of sleep in that luxurious suite.

During the date, Anna was only mildly aware of the chatter, as she had it popping out briefly on her glasses. She was completely out of contact since she stripped and only saw the last recent messages at about 9:30 when she woke up.
Discovering the 'tip' Esteban left made Anna happy. "Perhaps I am in the wrong business..." She thought to herself as she pocketed the stick in her purse.

The young woman took a long shower and then got dressed and applied her cosmetics. She only left the suite when she was happy with the results. Anna did not want to feel like a prostitute sneaking out of the place but rather like one of the guests with a husband who had an early start.

She texted bnc with cc to the team >> Good morning sweetie!  I am glad that you found my lost laundry item. I am rather fond of my lucky panties... Anyone up for a late breakfast?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (10:46:47/03-26-17)
The area around Slobber is littered in chocolate rappers, and premade flavored soykaf cups and a few energy bar wrappers. He'd stayed up throughout the evening in case he was needed, and he was more of a night person anyway.

@Anna>> Ah, good everything in the clear. I'm going to enjoy the room I didn't pay for and finally get some rest. I'll be leaving this afternoon.

I'm sure Krestov has some stores to tell, and Flatline could use some soykaf and fatty foods right now, though
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:15:53/03-26-17)
Chapter 3

"I don't interest myself in "why". I think more often in terms of "when", sometimes "where"; always "how much"."
- Three Days of the Condor

Seattle, November 9th, late morning

Sunday morning, the team gathered around the save house table for a late brunch.
Krestov's and Anna's evenings had turned out quite satisfying and - most important - their respective partners didn't seem to have noticed the scam.

Consequently, Dr. Schmidt had reappeared in quite a good mood, bringing again a diverse selection of food, including bacon and egg, but also various types of bread and rolls, marmelades, cold cuts and, most important, real coffee. Not to mention bnc's muesli, of course.

When all members had satiated themselves, Schmidt started up the trideo behind him:
"I have to say, I'm very impressed. From what I've seen on the data you pulled that off without a hitch.
Now, Kite and Mike tell me that creating the replacement SOK will take a few days, but since we are ahead of schedule, we aren't under any pressure.

Step 3 of our plan:  Identify the duty decker/rigger and the wage mage maintaining matrix and watcher surveillance and device a plan how we can take them out at a time of our choosing - without raising alarm.
Also, I'd like you to learn more about the conflict between Lavadora and his body guards. There might be an opportunity to keep Lavadora distracted at a crucial time."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:56:19/03-31-17)
Anna arrived at the meetup in a casual dress. "Celebration... a bit early but nobody refuses good food." she thought. She ate lightly, not wanting to get dizzy afterwards. Espresso  was a new experience for her and was unlike any soykaf she ever had. "Good thing these millionaires are stealing from each other" she thought after she experienced coffee coffee, from actual coffee beans.   Anna set silently and listened to Schmitt talking, grinning with some professional pride when Schmitt mentions the SOK.   Then she remembered her night and the smile widened "That was one hell of a night..."

Anna thought [color] "I am uncertain exactly how watchers work, but spirits are linked to their summoners... Lets see what my Digital Grimoire says about watcher spirits."[/color]  She displayed a couple of pages on her glasses - before she figured out that she cannot look it out right there.

She spoke when Schmitt mentioned Lavandora " About the watcher service, one simple way may be to follow the mystic link between the mage and the watcher. I am uncertain if it can be done, but I'll look it up - unless anyone else knows the answer."

She then added "That bodyguard seemed serious about security but did not care much about social etiquette. If Lavandora is going to fire him - it will be in place where etiquette is especially important. If we make sure that Lavandora is in a high profile social event, we may provoke the elf to cause a scene and delay Lavndora.  "


Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (19:27:45/03-31-17)
"If we show up again, the elf will probably recognize me. We didn't have the friendliest conversation. None of which was my doing, of course.

"That could be a bad thing or a good thing, depending on how you want to antagonize him."

Slobber paws at his commlink and sends Schmidt a message.

"Oh, and here is a shopping list of things we may need and that I want"

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (03:31:34/04-01-17)
As usual, bnc waits for her more experienced comrades to take lead.
As usual, they don't.
Unlike usual, someone else shows even less patience, and speaks up.

bnc sighs, then takes the steer.
"As you all are aware, you, Ge- Mr. Schmitt, have already identified both the spider and the mage on duty. Or, let's say, the mages. I will investigate all potential spiders and mages, and thus determine which will be the most promising point of time to attack. You also told us, that the wage-mages keep a squad of no less than six watchers at a time. Thus, there will hardly be a possibility to evade them. As watchers are stupid creatures, however, we might confuse them somehow. Before we attack, you or Flatline should Assense one or two of them from a distance. Thus, we can determine their power and therefore their intelligence. Watchers tend to be quite simple, but the most powerful of them exceed some metahumen's capacities.

I doubt, we can find out a lot about Kynos in the matrix, so someone of you will have to do this. Also, I will be busy doing intel. Kite will surely contribute with his drones.

So, here is what we already know"

bnc removes the data from the info wall, and stuffs it in a single folder. Instead, she displays the timetables of the wagemages and spiders.

[spoiler]Can you please give us a list of wagemages and spiders? bnc will do matrix research on every single one of them.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:19:08/04-01-17)
Schmitt nodded at Anna's remark: "Yes, following the link is a good idea. Don't forget to use your spirits to search for you once you have found the face fitting the name. We have enough time now to be thorough."
To Slobber he said: "True. But maybe bnc can hack the commlink of the two bodyguards. I can't imagine that those two would slave their gear to a host when they move around that much. Just losing one device would be a huge security risk.

How you want to play this I'll leave to you, but ideally the two bodyguards would neutralize each other - from what I've gathered from you there seems to be no love lost between those two. Typical Alpha Male bullshit. But don't try to bribe them. Zola wouldn't have hired them if they didn't have a reputation for reliability - at least where their contracts are concerned."

He took a quick look at the lists and nodded: "Seems reasonable. Mike will take care of payment and help you with procurement."

He nodded at bnc's summary: "Don't forget that if you take out the mage, his watchers won't be able to alert him. A hidden can of DMSO-Narcoject that you remotely trigger would certainly be enough to take them out in their own home and cut short any alert on the spirit side.
Feel free to refine that approach.

Asking around in the shadows for Kynos and Ramirez certainly is a good idea. There might be some leverage there."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (10:36:54/04-01-17)
[spoiler]Is this meeting before or after the week off?[/spoiler]

"True, but this might prove more difficult than you make it sound. A biomonitor, cameras, or other sensors might be in our way. But this is nothing a bit of research can't circumvend.
Krestov, can you find out about Kynos and Ramirez? I guess, you're the one for the job.
Anna, are you up to tracing down the mage without being noticed?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:12:55/04-01-17)
[spoiler]
This is the meeting directly after the date night.

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:28:21/04-01-17)
Anna said "It is difficult to sneak in the astral world, everybody sees everybody. It is possible that low force watchers can miss me, but it is not like I can be discrete in that world. On the other hand, I am beginning to understand the usefulness of the manascape spell, I mean if my aura appears just like another watcher then the watcher spirits may not be alarmed by my presence. Especially as there are two different mages so not all of them are from the same origin...  Mike can we get another preparation? At least until Flatline sobers up and finishes with the spell. "   She smiled gently at Flatline that seemed to still have a headache from the night before...

She then texted Schmitt ">>I'll require a Chaos lodge, I'll forward other things later but as long as I am scoped in the safe house I cannot benefit the laboratory in the university."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:42:39/04-01-17)
Flatline replied with a slight slur in his voice: "Don't worry, I'll have the spell mastered soon enough so I can cloak you."

Schmidt thought for a moment before he answered: <<In that case it would probably be best if you took my downstairs room with the library. Mike will take care of it.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (00:33:40/04-02-17)
"Looks folks, as much as I love providing a structure to a run, I'm not into planning kidnappings with just  list of names and corresponding jobs.

"You get me an address and I can go check out a place. I ordered some stuff to help out with that specifically. I ain't getting into a big conversation until we know more though.

"We got a week, and it looks you two already have plans for how your gong to spend your time doing that. Focus on those things, and then come back to this with a new outlook."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:16:17/04-02-17)
Anna replied to Flatline "Well, you seem better with mojo biz than with young women. " Looking at Krestov and then at Flatline, she asked "Speaking of young women, how well did it go with Eve?
Will she agree to service Lavndora again?  On my side, I think that he had good time and may call Eve again."
To bnc she said "How often does Lavandora rents a cunt? Should we be worried? Perhaps we should make sure that Eve is unavailable when Lavndora is free? I am sure that Special K won't mind."  She smiled a devious smile at Krestov and winked.

To Slobber she said "I agree, we have something to work with and it is not like we're going anywhere."

To Schmitt she texted  >>> This is very thoughtful of you, thank you.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:52:55/04-03-17)
Mike grunted at Slobber's remark: "One address we have. The portal lodge hotel across the street from the bank is where the security guys hang around when they are on call. Might be a starting point to learn something about the two bodyguards. No idea if they know anything about the deckers or the mages. If I were you'd I'd try the bar or the fitness room. From what I found out during the preliminary research, these guards all come from different organisations. Some were Lonestar, some KE others are ex-military.

Krestov and you have corp security identities. If you get close to them posing as if you are interested in hiring, you might learn something. Can't imagine that those two bodyguards are particularly well liked with the troops - at the very least you'll learn what they are capable off."

Schmidt answered Anna: "As far as I know he does this once a week, but usually not the same girl twice in a row. Of course this might not be the case if you made enough of an impression. In that case we might be forced to get Eve fired, hospitalized or otherwise taken care of. Maybe have her win a vacation or something. You are a smart lot, you'll figure something out."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:15:33/04-03-17)
Anna felt a sting at the thought that she was just a casual weekly steam release for Lavndora. On one hand, if it was so it was perfect on the other hand - she wanted to be a special snowflake extraordinary woman that the guy would just fall in love with or something.  She grinned "I was thinking of legally booking her services so that she is unavailable - but let's think about it if it is actually a problem. "
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (08:10:30/04-04-17)
bnc replies to Anna: "Difficult yes, impossible know. In the astral world, too, there is stuff you can hide behind. There are a lot of living auras that can conceal you. You can use Manascape, too. I wouldn't change into a watcher, however, as watchers are usually used for spying services. This might cause more alarm than just a random curious soul coming close to a strange building.
You can also summon a spirit and command it to Hide your aura. This is probably your best approach. If things get hot, the same spirit may also Confuse the watchers without actually attacking them. Just use your wits. Am I the mage or are you?"

She finishes her yoghurt and licks the spoon. Then she says, making it sound like a conclusion: "Our generous Mr. Johnson made possible that I get Augmented no later than tomorrow. Until then, I will try and find out as many adresses and information as I can. I guess, I will be taken out for at least two days. After that, I'll return.
I guess, before we don't have more infos, there's little planning we can do. I'll investigate in the matrix. Slob and Krestov will stretch out their ears in their respective fields of communication, Flatline and Ev... Anna will investigate their astral security and try to find out, where the mages live. Let's meet when we're done doing these things, and our various other stuff.
Oh, and I'll have my agent keep an eye on Eve. If Lava loves Anna's diverse orifices as much as Anna herself, I'll try and intervene."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:39:44/04-04-17)
Anna replied to bnc "Well you are quite knowledgeable on magic I give you that, but there are misconceptions. You and I are physical creatures and while we are visible from the astral plane we are not present in that plane. When I astrally project some part of me leaves this world and enters that plane.  My aura moves from being a reflection of something that is elsewhere - to something that is present in the astral. Thus most astral beings will notice that I am in their world and not in ours.  So it is one thing to hide in a mass of people when you are not perceiving the astral world and another thing entirely to do so as an astral form.

Second, the spirit power you speak about is a physical power as such it only affects our own world. Only mana spells can be used in the astral plane, so a spirit can confuse a watcher but not hide me from that said watcher. I am a good student, and am knowledgeable inside my profession. I will get the job done one way or the other and I think that it is safer to use the manascape spell and I can only disguise myself as an astral form so the selection is limited - but the goal is to prevent someone from assensing my real aura and then tracking me.  Me and Flatline will figure things out do not worry. "

Once bnc refers to her as Eve Anna grins and blows her a small kiss. Then she said "It may also be my charming personality, but for all practical means I guess we're done here. We'll be smarter once intel starts flowing in. I guess I'll go do homework or something. "
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (09:17:58/04-05-17)
"Please. Though I have to admit that I didn't know that there are no spirits who can hide you in the astral world, as I'm unable to Conjure, obviously, don't treat me like an amateur. You know that I know what the difference between an astrally active and a solely living aura is. And you also know well that they, too, block sight which may give you a possibility to hide. You also know that the Earth itself has a real aura which makes it more difficult to distinguish you from the background if you're perceived from above. Bushes and trees may offer additional protection. I didn't say it's easy, but you made it sound like you are just there or not. But you can create and use many different things to hide behind. And watchers aren't well-known for their tremendous wits.

However. This is your field. You'll do all right."

bnc gets up and nods to everybody. She then smiles one of her rare smiles."I'll do some homework now, but I really think we should celebrate our achievements. Who's in?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:21:06/04-06-17)
Anna said "You seem so interested in the astral, I wish you could be there.  The earth is dual natured indeed this is why underground bunkers are so secure. I'll figure it out don't worry - I am a regular visitor to that world.", her smile widened when bnc suggested celebrating and she said "We are scoped down so options are limited, but how does a night of drinking and karaoke sounds? "
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (19:32:30/04-06-17)
"Sure"

"I've always been interested in whether or not bnc could drink Special K under the table."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (00:21:11/04-07-17)
bnc raises an eyebrow. "Karaoke?
Jeez. In that case the correct chronological order must be first drinking, then karaoke."

She grins at Slob. "Let's find it out, sempai!"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:32:33/04-09-17)
Schmidt got up: "Alright then, enjoy your outing. Mike, if you would be so kind to help me move my gear so Anna can set up her lodge, thanks. I'll be around but have to attend a few VR meetings, so if there are any other issues, just send me a message and I'll get back to you asap."

Schmidt and Mike left the room. 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (02:21:25/04-12-17)
"My own magical lodge, finally. I mean a real one, rather than desk in the magic department. Crime pays off! " She waves at Schmitt and said "Thanks again, you are very considerate."
She silently watched the interplay and took some mental notes, smiling she said to Krestov "Well that one indeed comes in a little package... Though I hope you have not given up on humans in general as the other Anna seems to like you... "
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:12:39/05-05-17)
Seattle, November 10th, late morning

The party had come and gone and the aftermath was even now cleaned up by Kite's drones - a disconcerting sight with all the little roach drones carrying litter into the bins.

Mike was already up again and busy doing what the old ork was usually doing: Making calls and tinkering with some gadget.
On the fridge in the kitchen an AR notice told anyone interested the the current hotel plans and schedule of the bank guards.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (08:19:20/05-05-17)
Slobber put on his new suit and jacket and grabbed a snack in the kitchen

"Well Krestov, how about we go talk to those guards about Zola's men?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (16:02:13/05-05-17)
"Honeys, I gave you a shitload of data to work with, and we agreed upon a load of tasks you can complete while I'm off.
Remember my gaze, sweet ones. I might not return the same person..."

bnc packs her stuff and prepares for her hospital visit. This time, she's particularly nervous.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:02:32/05-08-17)
Slobber and Krestov had no problems getting on the island, now that they had valid IDs, visa and rented space.
The streets were busy although there were slightly fewer heavy cars and more energy efficient individual transports around.
The hotel was really only across the street, but still about 200m away. Both noticed that car parking was underground and could be secured by a heavy steel mesh gate. The facade wore the brown-red tone of corporate native culture but probably wasn't particularly different in building style than any other hotel in Seattle. Entering the foyer greeted visitors with even more native american kitsch and a faint smell of fresh paint and overheated diode lamps.
A perky young girl manned the reception, wearing a trouser suit that clashed horrible with the rest of the decorations.

From the building plans, they knew that the corridor beside the elevators would lead them to the fitness room and the pool area with the adjoining changing rooms.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (14:19:38/05-08-17)
Before entering the building, Slobber unscrewed the silencer from his revolver. He was only carrying gel and standard ammo, so if he was going to get popped for carrying a firearm he wanted to at least make sure it was a legal one.

"Let's go find our stool pigeons"

Slobber led the way to the fitness room.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:00:05/05-08-17)
The fitness room was the standard affair of weight lifting machines, treadmills of all shapes and forms, and padded floor spaces where getting thrown to the ground didn't hurt quite as much.

Currently there were three men and two women busy doing some kind of kata. According to their AR tags they were

Shanita Gildersleeve, Benny Guyette, Robt Holmen, Sherley Jaso and Moses Leggio from Group 2.

The two women looked quite flat chested in their sport bras compared to their male compatriots' bulging chest muscles.
Presently they ended the session, led by Moses, and began to spread out to the treadmills.
No-one had yet noticed the runners.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (01:13:02/05-09-17)
bnc smiles. "You do? I would've instinctively taken a bus."
Once they arrive at the hospital, bnc blows Krestov a kiss to the cheek. "Remember those eyes, big one.", she says as a farewell. She hasn't told anyone except Dr. Schmitt which augmentation she's going to receive, though an attentive observer will already have guesses. After a last hug, she shuts down her cyberdeck, and enters the somewhat frightening building.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (13:00:08/05-10-17)
Slobber wasn't one to back down from a challenge, even one where his partner couldn't always turn down the lethality.

<<@Krestov: Let's see if you can hit me first.>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (05:08:02/05-11-17)
<@Anna <any news about magical security?>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:01:44/05-11-17)
Anna rolled over in her bed and texted >> Must have been sleeping late, been a crazy night. I'll dressup and then inform Flatline that I leave. I will not be available in matrix when I am in the astral, so if something bad happens one of us will go back to warn the others.  Peace.


Rolling in her bed, she walked to the shower stripped and enjoyed a warm hot shower, washing away the night and trying to embrace day. Then she'll spend half a hour to prepare herself and go look for Flatline to coordinate some responsible plan with him.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (16:39:39/05-11-17)
Slobber took a stance befitting of someone without any formal training. He hardly looked like more than a jacked-up idiot about to get pummeled by the well trained troll.

<@Krestov<Since you're using Augs, I hope you don't mind if I use my magic.>>

Slobber took a deep breath, closed and opened his eyes, and prepared himself for the troll's strike.

[spoiler]Agility Boost 2 [ 6 + Agility Boost 2] (http://orokos.com/roll/515886): 8d6t5 2[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (08:28:35/05-13-17)
[Spoiler]
Summon F5 (Man) (http://orokos.com/roll/516284): 13d6t5 5
resis (http://orokos.com/roll/516285): 5d6t5 1
Improve Intuition (http://orokos.com/roll/516288): 15d6t5 7
Drain (http://orokos.com/roll/516289): 2#10d6t5 5 4
[/spoiler]

Anna dressed up even for an astral gig that she could do without leaving the bed. She showered prepared and made her bed. She applied the improve intuition spell just before applying mascara and by the time she finished with her lipstick she had a spirit companion which Anna described as delicious.

The summoning rite was also chaotic like the rest of the magic, she opened her mind to the meta planes and searched for the right spirit. 'Spirit of men, no of Man... oh just come over here gorgeous I am far more interesting than your native metaplane."  That kind of negotiation worked, she was awarded with four services and did not feel tired.

Before leaving Anna texted Flatline to listen in for her and bnc with cc to the team >> Going astral - if you need me back go ping flatline. She placed herself on the made bed placed her hair in a position to preserve her haircut and then *left*. It was an unbearable tingling sensations but then was nothing, she was outside in another world. "Let's go confuse some watchers pretty boy..." she said and moved her consciousness to the bank as far as she could, for an astral visitor she sure did feel comfortable in that plane.

Stopping at a safe distance Anna attempted to figure out how much she can get close without being seen, and she was looking for watcher/spirits or manalinks that connect summoner and spirit. She kept her own spirit close for another pair of eyes. "Can you spot the watchers? We need to traverse their link back to the summoner without raising suspicion. Lets see how distant we can be and still spot these links."  she said to the spirit.
[spoiler]
assensing (http://orokos.com/roll/516292): 15d6t5 4
assensing (http://orokos.com/roll/516293): 11d6t5 3 (first service)
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:35:06/05-14-17)
At the hotel:
The little sparring had indeed the desired effect: Both the two female guards as well as the group leader had taken a pause to watch the two meta humans display their skills. Both Shanita and Sherley grinned at each other

At the bank:
The watchers kept their predictable pattern, circling the building, slowing down sometimes if anything in the astral changed and then sped up again to reach their previous position. Anna's spirit had appeared in the form of a hunky bodybuilder, displaying glistening muscles and long wavy hair, while wearing only a speedo.
Fine as spider silk the connection between the constructs and their creator stretched across the island towards the building the team had identified as the hotel - more specifically they stretched towards the top level. As far as she could determine the mage was of middling power - at best a force of 5 on the Carver-Johnson power index, like his constructs too. Interesting was the fact that it wasn't a hermetic binding but rather an intuitive structure like her own kind of magic even if it wasn't exactly like hers. If she had to guess, it would be a very self centered kind of tradition, as the watchers resembled a bald man with blazing blue eyes and a rather ascetic appearance.
The spirit confirmed her observations silently.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (00:28:59/05-15-17)
Once Yael shares her findings with the group, bnc sends a message to the group channel:
<@all <this must be mike pierce. fits his description 3x. can the 2 of u observe em watchers 24hrs to find out when and how the watchers/mage on duty change shifts
we need specifics>>

Also, bnc notes this 1st time we encountered Pierce on the digital info wall, to be updated later, when we have more details.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (16:23:46/05-15-17)
Anna did a quick scouting of the hotel for possible astral security and then returned home to report.  When bnc mentions 24/h security Anna winches "I ahm cannot stay that long in the astral. Even if we could do shifts without damaging our health, it will be difficult not to be detected with such a prolonged presence.  Perhaps it will be easier to watch the mage and his schedule? I mean the hotel has less secure than the bank - and it takes several minutes to conjure a watcher we cannot miss it even with a camera... "
[/color]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (15:07:58/05-16-17)
bnc texts back from the hospital if someone cares to transmit Anna's answer to her.
<@all <u cant do it alone but theres 2 of u + u can summon spirits, mayb watchers too. if u think its too dangerous can u either observe the mage or at least check evry now & then? i just want to know their schedule. u ll do fine>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (23:19:11/05-16-17)
Slobber was disappointed with his performance, but accepted it graciously. "And that's why you're head of security and I'm in charge of compliance."

"Go talk to our newest fans while I find some  punching bags or some red shirts to blow of some more steam."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:36:54/05-17-17)
"How about I do it the mundane fashion - dress in maid uniform, steal a cleaning cart and plant a camera in his hotel room, perhaps I can even clean, on the way, may be useful to have a material link to the mage. Not that I know what to do with one, but perhaps Flatline knows rituals? I mean, That dude's  gig is to look at the astral and send watcher - he should be alert to astral visitors. How perceptive is he on the physical world?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:35:02/05-17-17)
At the hotel:
"That was impressive. What style was that?" Moses Leggio had stepped closer and nodded at Slobbertooth. "The name's Leggio. Are you from hotel security?"
The man was friendly, but his watchful eye's didn't miss any details. He wore an impressive black beard and close cropped short hair. His features like his name indicated a semitic heritage. Slobber and Krestov would have to tread carefully with their answers...

At the base:
Flatline interjected: "Yes, a mundane approach would probably be better - magical spying will likely be thwarted if he has a powerful lodge set up - which he probably has with all those ritual created watchers."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (15:52:28/05-17-17)
Anna looked at Flatline - grinning deviously "It seems like you are having an affair... mr. Thyme with your abstractor. How unethical of you. And you perv makes her dress up as a maid so you can watch her clean... this is some weird fetish fantasy you have there..."
Watching the embarrassed man she shrugs "At least this is the story I am going to tell if it does not work. You are going to open your wallet and pay handsomely for whomever in charge to not make a fuss about this incident. Be very embarrassed about it - I bet it will come naturally to you."

With a conifdent move she held Flatline's hand and then suggested "Are you going to discreetly make an hotel reservation for us? Commmon,  at least say something inappropriate to me... I can wear the Eve wig if you ask nicely. " she said and then smircked, amused from the thought of putting Flatline again in that kind of situation. She rationalized...  "A young lady renting an hotel room alone is suspicious,  a couple is more casual and humans blended in better than trogs - or some human trog couple."

When they are alone she should ask Flatline, why he lost his marbles with eve, but until they do she is allowed to make fun of it... at least until it is no longer fun.

 
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:02:58/05-17-17)
Flatline sighed:
"I see. Well. Seems like I'll need you to take some dictation then...
I'll go and make the reservation and ask for a suite on the top floor."
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (00:34:29/05-18-17)
bnc doesn't respond, as the mages are talking in the physical world, and she's still lying in a hospital bed, waiting for the operation.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (01:14:52/05-18-17)
"Oh common man,  give me something... don't you have any humor?" she thinks

Then Anna texts bnc  >> bnc, me and Flatline think that mundane methods are the best especially as the man has a powerful magical lodge to craft all these watchers. Flatline is looking into renting a room so that we can legally get into the place. Once we're there I can use some disguise and slight-of-hand to plant a couple of nanny cams.
Any thoughts?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (05:52:31/05-18-17)
<@all <yeah: thumbz up
make sure im not being filleted while u r @ it. i might be of help reg. cams & stuff
the op is due in 80 mins. gimme sum time 2 wake up after that & im in>>

[spoiler]Do we have floor plans?
We are talking of the same hotels where all the other securities are, aren't we?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (06:08:16/05-18-17)
>>@all Will do and good luck with the operation.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:10:42/05-18-17)
[spoiler]
Correct, it's the same hotel Slobber and Krestov are at the moment.
Floorplans are available on every floor in case of an evacuation

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (02:48:31/05-19-17)
"Certainly." Leggio replied. "Although it needs quite a bit of room unless you don't mind hitting allies in a melee. Also a bit flashy for my taste. Personally I prefer Krav Maga and a taser to deal with assailants."
He smiled. "I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that before: You are security, but you are just a guest at this hotel? So what is it you do here - I mean besides keeping fresh and limber?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (05:26:14/05-19-17)
<@all <+
floor plans are on the info wall. cu l8r.>

With that, bnc relaxes and prepares herself mentally for the operation. Now that it's drawing near, she starts feeling a knot in her stomach. She washes down some sips of soda to do something about her dry throat. Eventually, the doc comes and a white patch sends bnc into a dreamless slumber.

About 2 hours after she sent her last message, she awakens - and texts Krestov:
<@Krestov <jeez, big un. im not feeling well. r u free? can u come? i need u. dont meddle with the operation though. send me a hug>>
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:49:58/05-22-17)
Leggio looked Krestov up and down and had already opened his mouth - likely to decline - when he became aware of his two female colleagues smirking at him.
"Yeah sure. But let's keep it civil. I'll go on duty in a few hours."
With that he led the way to the matt readying himself for the sparring match

[spoiler]
Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/518632): 12+2d6 20


[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (01:30:49/05-23-17)
[spoiler]It'll take some time 'til bnc's message arrives after the op, so I guess Krestov's gonna be out of this scene anyway. Also, we don't need to roleplay it. It's just bnc being bnc ^^
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (14:46:30/06-10-17)
Anna disguises a bunch of the micro cameras in her suite and leave them on, she figures out that it should give her enough information about the routines of the cleaning/maintenance and perhaps enough visuals to disguise as one. While boring they needed to start from something, she then slipped into her bikini, grabbed a towel and headed toward the pool.  "If I am here... at least I'll enjoy myself."  she thought.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:52:07/06-11-17)
The trip to the swimming pool leads Anna past the fitness room where - besides the bank guards and her colleagues not much is going on at the moment. Even the pool is at this hour nearly deserted if you disregarded the bored looking young girl behind the small health bar counter, filing her nails.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (03:51:11/06-12-17)
Anna swims a for a while and then heads to the health bar and orders a smoothie "So, is there anything interesting today?" she asks the bored girl as she casually places her meticulessly painted and well groomed nails on the counter.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (08:31:34/06-12-17)
@Krestov

You got this?
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (12:08:20/06-18-17)
Leggio looked Krestov up and down and had already opened his mouth - likely to decline - when he became aware of his two female colleagues smirking at him.
"Yeah sure. But let's keep it civil. I'll go on duty in a few hours."
With that he led the way to the matt readying himself for the sparring match

[spoiler]
Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/518632): 12+2d6 20


[/spoiler]

Krestov solemnly nodded before giving a cordial smile, gesturing with an open palm to the sparring mat.  Lowering his head in respect, the troll kept his movements at ease, as he got into the moment.

<<@Slobbertooth: Is fine.  Watch the others, see who's most interested>>

With an unspoken word, the match began, Krestov resolving to simply touch spar against this opponent, readying himself to counterstrike and let the opponent make the first move...

[spoiler] Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/526388): 8+3d6 22

Readied action to counterstrike (interrupt action, -7 to initiative.  If my unarmed hits exceed his, it's treated as if I had attacked with net hits as normal.
Counterstrike (http://orokos.com/roll/526389): 12d6t5 7[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:37:51/06-18-17)
[spoiler]Good to have you back  :D

Alright: Leggio attempts a Nervestrike vs. Krestov's Agility
Nervestrike (http://orokos.com/roll/526403): 14d6t5 3

When you attack him:
Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/526404): 12d6t5 4

[/spoiler]


The man's attack was quite graceful, but he underestimated both Krestov's agility and his reach. A quick exchange of blocks and Leggio found himself pushed back, stumbling. He caught himself just before he left the circle of the mats.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Qwikfix on (11:37:37/06-26-17)
Krestov maintained a calm and in control.presence as he countered, the expertly timed attack from his opponent deflected into the shoving kick he returned.  As the man slid to the edge of the mat, the troll sprung forward with surprising ease,  his body twisting into a powerful roundhouse that stopped just short of the target's face....a clear indication of a victory should Krestov have followed through..
[spoiler]should clarify that the martial arts techniqur Counterstrike doesn't give the attacker a defense roll.
 Rather, the attacker and counterer simply roll opposing unarmed pools, the greater of the two rolls granting the attack with net hits as normal.

Being said, following up counter with a full kick, touching only, no damage given  (except maybe pride)

Unarmed (http://orokos.com/roll/528936): 12d6t5 7 [/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:13:42/06-26-17)
Leggio found himself facing the trolls large boot just millimeters away from his face. With a deliberate step, he left the circle and bowed.
"That was pretty remarkable - and as much as it pains me, I have to admit that you are probably above my ability to counter you in a fair hand to hand fight."
There was a slightly muffled giggle from the black haired female guard.
Leggio frowned and continued. "That was a remarkable bit of control on your part  - where did you learn that?"
[spoiler]
Sorry, I wasn't clear about that: The defense roll was for your subsequent attack since counterstrike was your reaction and the pass does not end until all participants have had their action.

[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (13:51:11/06-26-17)
(Any love for Anna's smalltalk with the health bar girl?)
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:49:30/06-26-17)
Anna swims a for a while and then heads to the health bar and orders a smoothie "So, is there anything interesting today?" she asks the bored girl as she casually places her meticulessly painted and well groomed nails on the counter.

"Not really. The usual beefcakes don't show up to train until the pretty girls come in and those don't come in before the pedicure ladies come in.
Do you want a smoothy? We've got real strawberries and kiwis.
Anyway, you could probably go over and watch the security guys train, but they only do the boring stuff with falling and standing up again and again." The girl replied.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:01:29/07-11-17)
As the fight wound down, one of the female guards came over for a chat with Slobbertooth, clearly interested in a job.
The chat revealed that Ramirez was utterly loyal to Zola - and likely bound to him through some kind of blood oath. Kynos on the other hand was in bad standing with both his colleague and the guards, having hospitalized one of their number. Her conclusion was that Zola would likely get rid of the elf at some time - and likely in a permanent fashion if it was up to Ramirez. Of the mage in the hotel they didn't speak.
Now the guards were going to the local shooting stand - and the guard invited the two to join them for a bit of target practice.

Anna had no trouble finding the guards and observed them packing up and moving towards their shooting gear.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (10:46:09/07-13-17)
Slobber followed the guards downstairs to the range under the pretense of observing their performance.

"So which one of you is the best marksman, and how much better are you than Ramirez or Kynos?"

He refrained from revealing he was armed with a Ruger. If invited he'll use one of their weapons.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:18:05/07-13-17)
Shanita laughed: "Yeah, honest to god - you can't beat that elf or Ramirez. At least no-one from our team has managed that yet. Kynos is cybered up to the gills and Ramirez is an initiated adept. Leggio is our best shooter by far, but even he can't match Ramirez with pistols or Kynos with automatics."

The team began handing out ear protection and glasses, while Leggio opened a weapon safe, so the security people could fetch their own weapons. Slobber noted that they all used Brownings with laser sights.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (12:20:04/07-16-17)
"I see your employers decided to skimp on giving you Savelettes or Predators"

"I imagine that they're similarly 'cost-efficient' with your ammunition?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:59:27/07-16-17)
"Hah, you have no idea - or probably you do. But to be honest, I like the Browning. It's reliable and you can use it without having to rely on wireless on stuff. Good friend of mine got his gun hacked mid draw. Lost two fingers. For emergencies we can access our armory. There are a lot more effective guns inside. But the NAN weapon rules forbid us from patrolling with them - openly. I don't mind. The HAR is pretty heavy to lug around and once you actually shoot someone it's an endless hassle with the authorities."

She put on her ear protection and began shooting at a small target at 30m distance. Slobber realized that she wasn't a bad shooter, but used a stance a competitive shooter would use rather than someone who actually has had to stand their ground in a real fire fight.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (19:23:28/07-16-17)
[spoiler]FAL? Can't find it. Might be another one of my moments of selective blindness.

If necessary Slobber makes a check Knowledge (Firearms) (http://orokos.com/roll/533902): 9d6t5 4[/spoiler]

*oh right, those don't work anymore :/
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (08:29:11/07-17-17)
"When has your shift ever had to use your rifles here?

"Was it one bullet or two that got lawyers swarming all over the place?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:32:08/07-17-17)
"Two years ago some freak tried to rob the bank by hexing his way through the concrete foundation. He had some high level bound spirits with him, so Leggio decided to bring out the big guns. It took two full magazines to bring him down. Afterwards the NAN reps came to investigate, took away the weapons and closed down the bank for a week while they reconstructed what had happened - which itself had not taken more than two minutes.
Luckily the perp was dead and we still had some cameras showing that he and his spirits were about to kill us.
After that we got new rules on how to handle mages and when to bring out the large guns."

Her next two shots were slightly off center and she concentrated again on her shooting.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (17:25:41/07-17-17)
"I speak from experience when I say that the only thing more likely to put compliance over employee safety than an insurance company is a finance company.

"Leggio made the right decision then. You're still here.

"What are the new rules they put in place to limit your 'excessive' force going forward?"
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:48:29/07-18-17)
"What kind of company are you working for then?"

"True. That event really forged us into a unit and no matter the shit he had endure for the decision from some pencil pushers, I'm certain he would do it again."

"The usual: Get permission from corporate first - or in our case from the boss. Although I am sure Mr. Zola won't hesitate for a second to give his ok. Say what you want about the man, but he gets security."

Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Volker on (04:27:54/07-18-17)
bnc awakes in pain. "Ugh..."
Everything seems fuzzy. She can almost hear the soft zzoop, zzeem everytime her new eyes zoom in or out. She knew that it was pure imagination, but it just felt fricking weird just to know that your eyeballs are now rotting away in some doctor's dustbin.
However, there were two things that would always distract her. She wasn't going to do drugs in a hospital, so she went VR.

First, she let an app transcript the dialogues between Slobbertooth, Anna and the others and skimmed over the text.

<@Anna <good morning sunshine i still cant see much progress in the astral surveillance. any updates?>>


She gives Slob a short through, then decides to text him: <Slob <can u find out when kynos's contract will be terminated?>>
[spoiler]I can remember we have already roleplayed that, though my memory is usually as reliable as Russian roulette.[/spoiler]

Then she moves to the virtual info wall and tries to get an overview.

She then orders her agent to silently stalk the persona of Vandemark. First of all, he wants to have data on his schedules, but she'll also interpret other information on his matrix activity.

As a last step, she sends another message <@Kite <kite do some surveillance on vandemark. i want as much info as i can get about him. do NOT get caught>>

Now comes her own performance. But before, she needs some pills against her nausea.

# Spoiler tags apparently don't work anymore.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: SquirrelDude on (08:32:53/07-18-17)
[spoiler] Kynos's contract will be terminated SoonTM. These folks don't know [/spoiler]
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:42:05/07-18-17)
It seems the part about the decker has been lost in the hack - ironically...

Matrix and drone surveillance revealed to bnc that Vandemark is currently enjoying coffee and ice cream downtown at a retro cineplex where old-school classics are presented in simple 3D or even just 2D projections. He uses an expensive Transsys Avalon, his work deck seems to be completely offline. Soon after his position changes as he enters the cinema a bit more stalking reveals that he is there with a woman, identified by her Hermes Icon as one Jessica Rabiel, software developer at the same firm as himself. They seem to enjoy each other's company and are talking animatedly about shows and books they both like.
Title: Re: Panzerknacker [IC]
Post by: gilga on (20:01:23/07-20-17)
bnc: <@Anna <good morning sunshine i still cant see much progress in the astral surveillance. any updates?>>

In response, Anna took a selfie with the pool at the background and health juice in her hands.
She then texted back >> What astral surveillance? Did I miss anything? Are you alright cutie? How do you feel? I hope that everything went well. If you are talking about what I think you are talking then I blame the drugs for making you a bit confused. Otherwise, consider me too much of a barbie to follow and virtually bitchslap me or something... I can then go to my room, seat in the corner and do what you want me to do.

We decided that a magical lodge made that made astral too dangerous. We are trying for a mundane surveillance and there is some legwork to do.  Get uniform understand when the room is empty stuff like that. I am currently at the hotel - chillin out, I bugged my own room to learn the cleaning cycle. Perhaps you had something better to do.
<Selfie attached>


Then she moved to the reception and inquired if the hotel provided  laundry services, she hoped that such a service may give he access to their cleaning stuff uniform.