NEWS

Run and Gun Errata

• 127 Replies

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« on: <04-10-14/0123:59> »
The value for recoil compensation is not applied consistently.  It appears that up until pg. 40 the values are positive the same as in the core rule book.  However, beginning with shotguns it lists a negative number for RC.  At first I thought this meant that the weapons were just really bad at recoil but that does not appear to be the case according the weapons' descriptions.  Some clarification would be helpful.  Thanks. 

Agonar

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <04-10-14/0137:54> »
Page 50, Weapon Accessories.  Under Advanced safety system (modification), second column, second paragraph

you need an Armorer took kit

Presumably, it should be a tool kit
GM of the Relative Dimension, Actual Play Podcast
www.relativedimension.com

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-10-14/0216:35> »
Slings are in the recoil compensation compatibility table on pg. 53 but the item description on pg. 52 does not mention offering any recoil compensation.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-10-14/0233:43> »
The terms smartlink and smartgun seem to be used interchangeably throughout the book.  I believe all smartlink references should be replaced with smartgun. 

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-10-14/0240:30> »
The Polymer Coating seems to get worse the more covered you are. its a -(Rating), +2 Full, +1 mostly full +0 half.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <04-10-14/0312:20> »
It does not state what range brackets the Harpoon/Javelin and the Urban Tribe Tomahawk uses on pg. 25.  The other thrown weapons all refer to one of the various thrown weapons in the core rule book.  Also, the Harpoon/Javelin refers to rules that allows it to be used as a melee weapon but no such rules exist for the tomahawk.  Is this intended or an oversight?
« Last Edit: <04-10-14/0314:25> by jim1701 »

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <04-10-14/1047:16> »
There are several modifications from Gun H(e)aven 3 that are missing from Run and Gun. 

Electronic Firing
Trigger Removal
Metahuman Customization

Also I've seen the question asked if the powered slide mounts in GH3 are the same as the slide mounts in Run and Gun.  They appear to be functionally the same but clarification would be good.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-10-14/1618:53> »
Skinlink is listed on the table on page 87, but there are no accompanying rules.
The Shadow Block example on 126 revolves around someone trying to Dodge a bullet.  This cannot be done.
Hi-C ammo is mentioned under Ricochet Shot, but there are no accompanying rules.
The Ares Thunderstruck has an availability of 12 on page 45 and an availability of 24 on page 207.
« Last Edit: <04-10-14/1627:54> by Kincaid »
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <04-10-14/1624:59> »
The Polymer Coating seems to get worse the more covered you are. its a -(Rating), +2 Full, +1 mostly full +0 half.

I assume they mean you're adding a negative number (based on coverage) to a negative number (based on rating).
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <04-10-14/1657:06> »

I assume they mean you're adding a negative number (based on coverage) to a negative number (based on rating).

It appears to me to be backwards too.  Given anyone trying to perceive me would start with a -Rating penalty I would think +0 would be for Full, +1 for mostly full and +2 for half since these latter modifiers would be reducing the initial penalty.  Either that or it should have been - 2 / -1 / -0.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #10 on: <04-10-14/1702:53> »
Yeah, I think it is supposed to basically mean:

Full: -(Rating+2)
Mostly Full: -(Rating+1)
Half: -(Rating)
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #11 on: <04-10-14/1716:05> »
The underbarrel weight is missing values from the table on page 54, but has values in the table on page 209.
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <04-10-14/1722:13> »
The HVAR and Vindicator are missing any special rules related to their high rate of fire, which seems like an omission.

And I'd like to take a moment to submit the vehicle repair costs for Errata as well - clearly intentional, but it seems like a mistake all the same, particularly since they'll result in riggers having to spend the entire run payout just on materials for fixing their stuff.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #13 on: <04-10-14/1727:48> »
The HVAR and Vindicator are missing any special rules related to their high rate of fire, which seems like an omission.

And I'd like to take a moment to submit the vehicle repair costs for Errata as well - clearly intentional, but it seems like a mistake all the same, particularly since they'll result in riggers having to spend the entire run payout just on materials for fixing their stuff.

And that's for extremely cheap equipment. If they have anything of value, they may need the payout of multiple runs just to fix the damage from one run.
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #14 on: <04-10-14/1731:00> »
Seconded.

An F6 Air spirit using elemental attack with one net success against an Ares Venture causes, on average, 200,000 nuyen worth of damage (5 points of damage).

Even on the lower end of the scale, a single one-net hit attack by an AK-97 on a Ford Americar causes 9,600 nuyen worth of damage. (6 points of damage)

Both calculations are for parts only.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal