NEWS

Shadowrun Player Survey

• 20 Replies

UnbreakableJustice

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <11-19-14/1546:58> »
I am assuming this is high school-level english paper, so I'm taking it as such, but perhaps this is a good time for you to learn about confirmation bias. I would encourage you to research it, this paper can be a good learning experience for you beyond just the actual writing of it.

This is actually my college research paper, but as a freshman in my first semester, I'm not surprised that it still has that highschooler feel to it. I've never conducted a paper that I've had to personally gather information on before so I am new entirely to this.

However, yes, I do know what confirmation bias is as I have written research papers before and I'm doing my best to avoid this. Being a player and huge fan of Shadowrun, I do have expectations of what I think will come out of this questionnaire for both the side of people who play and those who do not. I will be doing my best to represent the information I've collected in my paper as is and not the expectations I hold.

UnbreakableJustice

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <11-19-14/1553:12> »
There is only that few questions ? How many games we play and how much we spend on it annually ?

yup, i gather it is either a small paper, or this quiz is but a small segment of the data used for the paper or that table top gaming is but a small portion of the paper. That's why im curious as to the papers final form

Originally I was trying make a big survey with many more questions, but collected data had been so few in numbers of people that I decided to shorten it in hopes of having more people answer. I decided to keep with the cost of it because I personally took longer to join a Shadowrun group because the rule book was $60 so I thought that cost might be a turn off. In chance there was another reason a lot didn't participate, I put in the reasoning for joining up. Having where you heard about it was important because my teacher wanted me to figure out if a reasoning that the group is small is due to information not being readily available.

Also, in comparison to the papers I've written, this is a small paper. It is suppose to only be a four page thing, double spaced so it is a rather small (another reason for the few number of questions). This is my first paper where I am required to collect the data personally, so it's a learning experience as much as it is data collecting.

Killstring

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <12-19-14/1228:10> »
Now that Finals are (I think?) likely to be done, mind sharing the results?

Also, welcome to the crazy world of original research/data collection! It gets even crazier from here :)

Jeeves

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <12-19-14/1314:41> »
I filled out the survey. Sorry for the high word count. Good luck with finals. :D

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #19 on: <12-19-14/1544:38> »
Done with mine. Will you please post the paper and/or results soon? Inquiring minds and all that...
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

Magnaric

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <12-19-14/1630:34> »
Done and done. Like the rest of the posters here, I would love to be able to read your finished paper or see some of the results of the survey. I'm always interested in what other gamers think about the common games we all play(or run).
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp